What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[DYNASTY] Deep Deep Sleepers (1 Viewer)

dirtyhalos

capital letter hater!
last year Sanboy started this THREAD to get some opinions on deep deep sleepers........I loved the thread and wanted to start a version for this yearWe're at the point of the season where trading deadlines are going to start passing and WW is going to be the only way to aquire talent.......so quoting Sanboys original post

calling out to the HARD CORE deep DYNASTY LEAGUE owners .. not the guys who keep 10 players and call it a dynasty league .. not the guys who keep a full roster .. but have ZERO activity in the off-seaosn and have guys like C.Cobb and C.Simms on the waiver wire for us Dynasty Owners who are in competitive year round leagues .. where any sleeper player or for that matter practice squad sleeper . .is valuable
to start with i have been looking into McKenzi Smith - Practice squad guy who was promoted to active roster when Holmes went out for year - solid performance last year in NFL Europe with 147 carries for 711 yards (4.8 avg.) with two TDs I'll try to keep this first post up to date with contributions, but who are some of yours?

Last edited by a moderator:
As you can tell by my avatar I am a huge Buc's fan. I look at the fantasy performance of the Raiders guys when JG was there, and it is only a matter of time before he gets Tampa's offense looking very good. I really like Edell Shepard. He finally made a name for himself in the Redskins game, and should continue to make an impact. He is one Galloway injury away from being a serious threat. Of all the WR's TB has he is the only one besides Galloway that can really stretch the field. They have been talking about him for 2 years now, and I think this will be the year he emerges. In JG's press conference he said "keep an eye out for Edell Shepard". :hey:

As you can tell by my avatar I am a huge Buc's fan. I look at the fantasy performance of the Raiders guys when JG was there, and it is only a matter of time before he gets Tampa's offense looking very good. I really like Edell Shepard. He finally made a name for himself in the Redskins game, and should continue to make an impact. He is one Galloway injury away from being a serious threat. Of all the WR's TB has he is the only one besides Galloway that can really stretch the field. They have been talking about him for 2 years now, and I think this will be the year he emerges. In JG's press conference he said "keep an eye out for Edell Shepard". :hey:
he was my tuesday ww pickup :thumbup:

Buffalo: TE Kevin Everett. He was a Miami TE they had high hopes for, then he tore out his knee. Worth a shot.Miami: QB Sage Rosenfels. I don't think he'll get a shot - he's been behind Fiedler, Feeley, and Frerotte in his career and never really threatened any of them. Still, some say he might get a shot late this season as the starter. Also, QB Cleo Lemon. He's a longshot, but they did trade for him and there could be an opportunity for him.New England: QB Matt Cassel. The Pats have dumped players when it makes sense for the team. I don't think Brady's immune to that kind of treatment down the line, and Cassel has looked good. Also WR Andre Davis - if he ever stays healthy he could be the WR2 there ahead of Givens IMO.NY Jets: RB Derrick Blaylock. Everyone's jumping on Cedric Houston, but Blaylock has just as much of a shot at the starting job when Martin leaves. He may have been dropped when he got injured. Also WR Jerricho Cotchery if he's still available. I'm not sure when he'd get a chance as a starter, but he has the skill set to succeed if he gets a chance.More to come later.

Stephen F. Holder and Jonathan Milton, of the St. Petersburg Times, reports Tampa Bay Buccaneers WR Edell Shepherd was arrested Sunday, Oct. 16, for striking an officer. Shepherd was taken into custody by Tampa police and is being charged with battery on a law enforcement officer and operating an unregistered vehicle, a misdemeanor from a previous, unrelated case. According to police, Shepherd and an unidentified man approached a pedestrian walking nearby "acting aggressively" outside of the stadium. A uniformed officer witnessed the incident and stepped in to prevent a possible fight. That was when Shepherd struck him "on the front of his body."

Tennessee: RB Damien Nash. He's the forgotten man. Reasonable scenario: Henry is let go in the offseason, Nash wins backup job, Brown gets injured.Indianapolis: RB Ran Carthon. Possible scenario this offseason: Edge leaves, Rhodes given the job, Carthon beats out Mungro as backup. Rhodes has an injury history and being his backup isn't a bad situation.Jacksonville: Two guys who aren't sleepers, but might be undervalued: WR Reggie Williams. With Wilfort and Jones getting most of the hype lately, he's kind of the forgotten man, but the guy who develops the most quickly isn't necessarily the guy who's best in the long run. Also RB Greg Jones. He's on someone's roster, but he fits the profile of someone who could explode in another year or two - early pick, looks good so far, old guy in front of him.Houston: TE Bennie Joppru. I've dropped him in both my dynasty leagues just due to roster room problems, but he should be back in training camp healthy, and if he doesn't suffer another injury, he should end up as Houston's starter (they don't use the TE, but that might be because they don't have a good one on the roster this year). Also WR Jerome Mathis - he could develop as the guy opposite AJohnson if he develops properly. Has the physical tools.

Some of these names should seem familiar from other threads, and there are a lot of them that others on the board first brought to my attention. Also, the definition of deep sleeper is debatable. Im trying to stick to the more obscure guys:Drew Carter, WR, CARJohnnie Morant, WR, OAKDerrick Wimbush, RB, JAXLeron McCoy, WR, ARICleo Lemon, QB, MIADeAndra Cobb, RB, ATLJosh Cribbs, WR, CLERasheed Marshall, WR, SFMusa Smith, RB, BALNoah Herron, RB, PITRan Carthon, RB, INDLeonard Weaver, RB, SEALionel Gates, RB, BUF

I'm not sure what qualifies as a deep deep deep sleeper, but if it's a guy with a 2% chance of ever seeing the field, and then being a marginal player when he does, I'll pass.

I do have a name worth watching though. He's already on the field, but most don't know much about him. Michael Gaines, CAR TE. Learning fast, a lot of upside.

Here's a story about him:

Panthers.com

Denver: WR Darius Watts might have been forgotten in your league, but if he gets his head on straight he should be the starter when RSmith is gone. Also RB Ron Dayne has looked like a good fit in Denver and should come cheaply right now. I'd take a shot on him. Also TE Wesley Duke, former basketball player who has stuck with the team as a (I think) practice squad TE. Their TE coach is the same guy who worked with Gates IIRC.San Diego: RB Michael Turner. LT has a TON of touches over the past few years, and everyone who's stepped in to relieve him has done well. San Diego is another KC/Denver where whoever starts will excel. Turner's probably pretty cheap now.Oakland: WR Johnnie Morant. I don't know when he'd get a chance, but he has skillz. Also RB Justin Fargas, forgotten since Jordan came to town, but still a former high pick who hasn't really gotten a shot yet. Also QB Andrew Walter, who seems to be in an ideal situation where he can recover from his injury, learn in practice, and possibly take over in a year or two when Collins turns to dust.Kansas City: TE Kris Wilson. Early pick who's hopefully learning from the best.

As you can tell by my avatar I am a huge Buc's fan.  I look at the fantasy performance of the Raiders guys when JG was there, and it is only a matter of time before he gets Tampa's offense looking very good.  I really like Edell Shepard.  He finally made a name for himself in the Redskins game, and should continue to make an impact.  He is one Galloway injury away from being a serious threat.  Of all the WR's TB has he is the only one besides Galloway that can really stretch the field.  They have been talking about him for 2 years now, and I think this will be the year he emerges.  In JG's press conference he said "keep an eye out for Edell Shepard". :hey:
Stephen F. Holder and Jonathan Milton, of the St. Petersburg Times, reports Tampa Bay Buccaneers WR Edell Shepherd was arrested Sunday, Oct. 16, for striking an officer. Shepherd was taken into custody by Tampa police and is being charged with battery on a law enforcement officer and operating an unregistered vehicle, a misdemeanor from a previous, unrelated case. According to police, Shepherd and an unidentified man approached a pedestrian walking nearby "acting aggressively" outside of the stadium. A uniformed officer witnessed the incident and stepped in to prevent a possible fight. That was when Shepherd struck him "on the front of his body."
I read about this, it was not as it sounds. I think the issue has been resolved.

San Diego: RB Michael Turner. LT has a TON of touches over the past few years, and everyone who's stepped in to relieve him has done well. San Diego is another KC/Denver where whoever starts will excel. Turner's probably pretty cheap now.
You'd think, but not so.I have LT in two dynasty leagues and other owners drafted Turner. I've tried to deal for Turner as insurance (I'm 8-2 and 9-1 in those leagues, but little RB depth behind my front-liners), and in one league the owner wants a top-30 WR and in the other the owner is basically waiting for LT to crash and burn and won't trade Turner at any price.

Baltimore: RB Musa Smith. Second round pick who hasn't gotten a shot yet, and both guys in front of him are UFAs this offseason. That's a decent shot at being the runner on a run-first team next season.Cleveland: RB William Green. Could still get one more shot somewhere in a RBBC. Hasn't been arrested in awhile.Cincinnati: QB Jon Kitna. Free agent this offseason, he could get a shot to lead a team until they can develop something better. Also WR Kelley Washington will be a free agent and might be helped by a team change.Pittsburgh: Verron Haynes. Has quietly put up decent stats this season behind the other three RBs there. Bettis is all but gone, Staley's old and fragile, and FWP is young and fragile. I'm guessing Haynes gets some starts in Pittsburgh in the next couple of years.

BTW, looking at my list from last year...BUF Peters has a TD this year, but only five yards. Plus they drafted Everett.MIA Boston never got healthy and might be done in the NFL.NEP Davey is practice squad stuff now.NYJ Davis got drafted and FAd out of a job, as should have been expected. RRay went back to Canada.TEN: Nedney is the best player on the 49ers now.IND: Utecht is taking some of the TE catches, but the team stopped using TEs.JAC: Garrard signed a deal to stay as the backup, dunno why. Wilford is currently starting.HOU: Gaffney has stepped up a bit this season and is usable in a pinch.DEN: Watts sucked in preseason and hasn't seen the field much.SDC: Caldwell didn't beat out Parker and has been pretty weak.KCC: Horn has been good for the Chiefs, but nothing in fantasy.(forgot to do the PIT/BAL/CIN/CLE division)PHI: Lewis is starting and doing well.DAL: Rashard Lee got his chance to start and fumbled it away.WAS: Jacobs has been hurt and has done nothing.NYG: Farmer is out of the league and won't get another shot.MIN: Kleinsasser has been a non-factor.CHI: Berrian got drafted and FAd out of a starting job, then got injured.DET: McMahon is McNabb's backup and will start this week.GBP: Nall/O'Sullivan got drafted out of a backup job.TBB: BJohnson is now starting in Minnesota, maybe for another year.NOS: Henderson has stepped up a bit, but wasn't much of a sleeper.CAR: Rutherford got drafted out of his job.STL: Smoker got drafted out of his job. Hargrove's been decent.SEA: Wallace is now the backup, reportedly is becoming something.ARI: Navarre is buried. Hambrick is out of the league, I think.SFO: Pickett is currently starting, but has no long-term value.So not that bad for a deep sleeper list. Not that good either, I guess.

WAS: Jacobs has been hurt and has done nothing.
Look for some playing time this week since Patten is doubtful with a knee. I pimped Jacobs all offseason and really don't understand why he hasn't seen the field more. He's been healthy for awhile.
So not that bad for a deep sleeper list. Not that good either, I guess.
Deep sleeper lists are going to have a whole lotta misses on them, by their very nature. Ya dun gud, Tickster.

I still think that Zach Hilton, the TE in NO/SA/Whatever, is probably the long term pass-receiving TE option in NO and will get more and more end zone looks ... he may get his second consecutive start this week ...

Baltimore: RB Musa Smith. Second round pick who hasn't gotten a shot yet, and both guys in front of him are UFAs this offseason. That's a decent shot at being the runner on a run-first team next season.
Im keeping a close eye on Musa. I was pretty high on him as a chain mover coming out of college, and then he suffered the gnarly leg break courtesy of Roy Williams (man that guy just ruins seasons for a living). All reports I read were that he would never be the same after the injury. Lo and behold, he's back, and healthy enough for the ravens to activate him.

Most of the guys that I would've suggested have already been mentioned. Still, I think the following players might be worth stashing:Johnnie Morant, WR, OAK - Performed well in the preseason and offers rare physical abilityJustin Fargas, RB, OAK - Blew his shot in Oakland, but might eventually get a chance somewhereBrad Van Pelt, QB, DEN - Tough player who is apparently developing pretty nicely for the BroncosRandy Hymes, WR, BAL - Probably won't ever be great, but could be decent as a second WR for a different NFL teamRyan Fitzpatrick, QB, STL - Could eventually take the #2 QB job, which would give him some value because Bulger tends to take a lot of hitsMatt Cassel, QB, NE - Intriguing prospect who could develop into a starter at some pointWilliam Green, RB, CLE - Has been a bust and will never be an elite back, but is probably good enough to start in the NFL. He's surely on a roster in your league, but he might be worth pursuing in a trade if you can get him for a defense, a throw-away player, or a veteran near the end of his career.

I still think that Zach Hilton, the TE in NO/SA/Whatever, is probably the long term pass-receiving TE option in NO and will get more and more end zone looks ... he may get his second consecutive start this week ...
:thumbup: good call - i will temper the enthusiasm a bit by pointing out that this is his third year of development, so its time for him to start showing that potential.

A few more deep TE sleepers i like:

Kris Wilson, KC (already mentioned)

Michael Gaines, CAR (already mentioned)

Adam Bergen, ARI (discussed him at length in the preseason)

Dwayne Blakely, ATL (you'd hear more about this guy if he wasnt behind Crumpler)

Kevin Everett, BUF (already mentioned)

Visanthe Shiancoe, NYG (youd hear more about him if he wasnt behind Shockey)

Bo Scaife, TEN (discussed at length in preseason, not much of a sleeper now, but still underrated)

Joel Dresseen, NYJ (Jolley is floundering and Baker suffered a harsh injury, not the most athletic, but dependable)

Houston: TE Bennie Joppru. I've dropped him in both my dynasty leagues just due to roster room problems, but he should be back in training camp healthy, and if he doesn't suffer another injury, he should end up as Houston's starter (they don't use the TE, but that might be because they don't have a good one on the roster this year). Also WR Jerome Mathis - he could develop as the guy opposite AJohnson if he develops properly. Has the physical tools.
Joppru- Rumor has it that he has lost a ton of weight. remember also, that he last played in game in Jan 2003. I expect that the new staff won't be as loyal as to a guy who not even suited up for a pre-season game even if they value the TE different in the passing game. Mathis- has had a nagging hamstring issue since being with the Texans. Watch to see if this is one year thing or a can't stay healthy.

Baltimore: RB Musa Smith. Second round pick who hasn't gotten a shot yet, and both guys in front of him are UFAs this offseason. That's a decent shot at being the runner on a run-first team next season.

Cleveland: RB William Green. Could still get one more shot somewhere in a RBBC. Hasn't been arrested in awhile.
:lmao: :blackdot: :lmao:

San Diego: RB Michael Turner.  LT has a TON of touches over the past few years, and everyone who's stepped in to relieve him has done well.  San Diego is another KC/Denver where whoever starts will excel.  Turner's probably pretty cheap now.
You'd think, but not so.I have LT in two dynasty leagues and other owners drafted Turner. I've tried to deal for Turner as insurance (I'm 8-2 and 9-1 in those leagues, but little RB depth behind my front-liners), and in one league the owner wants a top-30 WR and in the other the owner is basically waiting for LT to crash and burn and won't trade Turner at any price.
Count me as a Burner owner who won't give him up cheap in dynasty; top 30 WR won't get the deal done.Michael Turner and Chris Perry = Backfield of the Future.

Not really a deap sleeper anymore but it is worth noting that Adrian Peterson is FA at the end of this year, and he has shown what he can do.BTW 90% sure he's a FA

Not really a deap sleeper anymore but it is worth noting that Adrian Peterson is FA at the end of this year, and he has shown what he can do.

BTW 90% sure he's a FA
Nope. Not a free agent.
I found the re-signing. Thanks for the heads up. Thats why I wasnt 100% :bag: November 6, 2004 Signed left tackle Qasim Mitchell to a three-year contract extension and running back Adrian Peterson to a two-year contract extension.

John Navarre,QB,AzWarner and McCown ar FA after this year(100% sure) could be worth a gamble with the weapons he would have.

Figured I would bump this a bit for this season.

WR LeRon McCoy: Arizona Cardinals

Played the second half in 2005 and put up 18 catches for 191 yards and 1 TD. Could make a run at surpassing Bryant Johnson for the #3 WR spot either this year or next year.

WR Scott Vines: Detroit Lions

May be a bit more well known after a good 2005 in his 2nd year however he could see himself as the #3 if Charles Rogers gets injured or struggles again.

WR Rasheed Marshall: San Francisco 49ers

I'm very high on this QB turned WR. He definitely has the athletic ability to be a WR (38.0 Vertical, 10'10 Broad Jump, and 6.82 3 Cone) but it's just a matter of depth and luck. He does have good size for the position as well (6'1" and 190 lbs.) and could be a surprise in 2007 or 2008.

Giants were awarded Harry Williams on waivers. Anyonw know this WR? Interested now that I know more than one team put a claim in for him. He used to be on the Pack

Giants were awarded Harry Williams on waivers. Anyonw know this WR? Interested now that I know more than one team put a claim in for him. He used to be on the Pack
From NFL.comHarry Williams

Position: Wide Receiver

College: Tuskegee

Height: 6-2

Weight: 175

Hometown: Birmingham, Ala.

Analysis | Injury Report | Agility | High School | Personal

OVERVIEW

One of the best-kept secrets in the small college ranks, Williams has had two stellar seasons as the Golden Tigers' primary target. Blessed with great speed, he put that quickness to work not only on the football field, but also on the track. He was twice named Tuskegee's track team's MVP (2002-03) while competing in the 100- and 200-meter dashes. In the 2004 outdoor season, Williams won the Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference 100-meter title and finished second in the 200-meters.

Williams redshirted during his first year at Tuskegee. He played in seven games in 2001, catching nine passes for 224 yards (24.9 avg.) and two touchdowns. A knee injury would limit him to four games in 2002, as he made four catches for 56 yards. He started every game during the 2003 season, finishing second on the team with 27 receptions for 626 yards (23.2 avg.) and three touchdowns. He also added 319 yards on 12 kickoff returns (26.6 avg.).

In his final season, he again ranked second on the squad with 43 catches for 678 yards (15.8 avg.) and three touchdowns. He returned seven kickoffs for 134 yards (19.1 avg.). In 36 games with the Golden Tigers, Williams started 26 times. He had 83 receptions for 1584 yards (19.1 avg.) and eight touchdowns. He also gained 453 yards on 19 kickoff returns (23.8 avg.).

ANALYSIS

Positives: Very effective vertical receiver with the speed to consistently get deep … Has good quickness off the line of scrimmage and is a long strider with the acceleration to gain on the cornerbacks … Has shown improvement in extending his hands to catch outside the body's frame … Gives good effort as a position blocker … On kickoff returns, he is adequate when hitting the seams, showing the vision and instincts to elude … Has the body control and flexibility to adjust to the ball in flight.

Negatives: Has a very lean frame, thin waist with long, thin legs … Runs marginal routes and needs to do a better job of using his hands to prevent defenders from jamming him at the line … Lacks crispness with his feet in and out of his cuts … Tends to be affected going for the ball in traffic or tight quarters … Does not time his leaps to get to the ball at its high point, preferring to let the ball come to him … Needs a free lane to gain any additional yardage after the catch … Needs to show more aggression going for the ball.

INJURY REPORT

2002 -- Limited most of the year while recovering from February surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his right knee.

AGILITY

Campus: 4.48 in the 40-yard dash … Bench pressed 225 pounds 12 times … 450-pound squat … 275-pound power clean … 31 5/8-inch arm length … 10-inch hands … Left-handed … Wears contacts.

HIGH SCHOOL

Attended Jackson-Olin (Birmingham, Ala.) high School, playing football for coach Michael Cliasby … Also lettered in track, competing in the 100- and 200-meter dashes.

PERSONAL

Electrical Engineering major, enrolled in the College of Engineering, Architecture and Physical Sciences … Son of Marshall Terrell and Harry Williams … Born Aug. 10, 1982 … Resides in Birmingham, Ala.

San Diego: RB Michael Turner. LT has a TON of touches over the past few years, and everyone who's stepped in to relieve him has done well. San Diego is another KC/Denver where whoever starts will excel. Turner's probably pretty cheap now.
Count me as a Burner owner who won't give him up cheap in dynasty; top 30 WR won't get the deal done.Michael Turner and Chris Perry = Backfield of the Future.
I was lucky and pulled a trade to get Turner early last year. His value is a lot higher now.

I believe Williams was turning heads with the Jets last offseason, enough for me to take a look and add him (subsequently dropped)

Is this where I get to type Rashaun Woods?

No?

What about Cedric Cobbs?

No still?

Well, how about a few others:

MID SLEEPERS -

Peerless Price, WR BUF - Could it be possible? A rebound in Buffalo? Maybe the change of scenery will help. Heck, it can't hurt.

Maurice Hicks, RB SF - Not bad. He brought the crowd alive on several occasions last year. Having owned Barlow, I watched him steal carries and confidence from the coaching staff. With Gore Mr. reconstruction, Hicks will see time. With injuries being expected, he could see SIGNIFICANT time.

Mark Bradley, WR CHI - A major contributor in pre-season for the Bears. HA! Yes, it was pre-season, but he shows a good command on the field. In Detroit before the injury, he posted 5 for 88 and was well on his way to a big show. With the injury comes concern, but I see him as a legit # 1 WR in another year or two. Yes, I said # 1.

Brandon Jones, WR TEN - See above. Pretty much the same story. 2 former OK receivers that battled each other for balls. I could see Jones doing well if he recovers from the injury. Don't buy the Calco hype. Bennett is always injured and BJ will step in with Givens and do nicely.

Doug Jolley, TE NYJ - After high hopes last season, he disappointed big time. C'mon, with those QBs Gates would disappoint! Okay, maybe not, but you get what I mean. He'll be given a new chance to contribute. Take it from a Jets fan, don't buy the Chris Baker hype. He's a blocking Tight End that broke a few plays last year. Don't expect it again.

DEEP SLEEPERS -

Ronnie Ghent, TE CIN - He was the MAN at Louisville a few years back. At 6-2, 250, he has all the tools. He has a great grasp of the game. Palmer has been looking for a TE for this offense, and I believe the reason they didn't go find one is they're happy with what they see. Look out, if CP can't make it, Dave Ragone a former U of L QB hooks back up with Ghent.

Antonio Chatman, WR CIN - Look for more of the same. Contibuting in the slot in a high potent offense. If something happens to Housh or Chad, or Henry continues to be the headcase he is, Chatman, not K Washington will get the nod.

No?

What about Cedric Cobbs?

No still?

MID SLEEPERS -

Peerless Price, WR BUF - Could it be possible? A rebound in Buffalo? Maybe the change of scenery will help. Heck, it can't hurt.

Maurice Hicks, RB SF - Not bad. He brought the crowd alive on several occasions last year. Having owned Barlow, I watched him steal carries and confidence from the coaching staff. With Gore Mr. reconstruction, Hicks will see time. With injuries being expected, he could see SIGNIFICANT time.

Mark Bradley, WR CHI - A major contributor in pre-season for the Bears. HA! Yes, it was pre-season, but he shows a good command on the field. In Detroit before the injury, he posted 5 for 88 and was well on his way to a big show. With the injury comes concern, but I see him as a legit # 1 WR in another year or two. Yes, I said # 1.

Brandon Jones, WR TEN - See above. Pretty much the same story. 2 former OK receivers that battled each other for balls. I could see Jones doing well if he recovers from the injury. Don't buy the Calco hype. Bennett is always injured and BJ will step in with Givens and do nicely.

Doug Jolley, TE NYJ - After high hopes last season, he disappointed big time. C'mon, with those QBs Gates would disappoint! Okay, maybe not, but you get what I mean. He'll be given a new chance to contribute. Take it from a Jets fan, don't buy the Chris Baker hype. He's a blocking Tight End that broke a few plays last year. Don't expect it again.

DEEP SLEEPERS -

Ronnie Ghent, TE CIN - He was the MAN at Louisville a few years back. At 6-2, 250, he has all the tools. He has a great grasp of the game. Palmer has been looking for a TE for this offense, and I believe the reason they didn't go find one is they're happy with what they see. Look out, if CP can't make it, Dave Ragone a former U of L QB hooks back up with Ghent.

Antonio Chatman, WR CIN - Look for more of the same. Contibuting in the slot in a high potent offense. If something happens to Housh or Chad, or Henry continues to be the headcase he is, Chatman, not K Washington will get the nod.
The Calico hype has been dead for about 3 years for anyone paying attention.I was a big supporter of Brandon Jones last year in April and May, but his injury, coupled with Roydell Williams' emergence as what I believe will be a very very good NFL WR will keep Jones from being a factor in the next 2-3 years.

didnt check if this guy was mentioned yet but he would qualify.

Demetrius Summers

others who might qualify esp. if certain things happen to their teams

Vernon Haynes

Adrian Peterson

Kris Wilson

No?

What about Cedric Cobbs?

No still?

MID SLEEPERS -

DEEP SLEEPERS -

The Calico hype has been dead for about 3 years for anyone paying attention.I was a big supporter of Brandon Jones last year in April and May, but his injury, coupled with Roydell Williams' emergence as what I believe will be a very very good NFL WR will keep Jones from being a factor in the next 2-3 years.
Oh what the heck:
CALICO UPDATE: Fourth-year receiver Tyrone Calico continues to make strides after injuring both knees in a preseason game at Dallas in 2004. Calico wasn’t the same last year, but Fisher said he’s pleased with his recent progress.

“Physically you see no signs of the injuries,” Fisher said. “He’s working hard, catching the ball and doing fine.”

Jason Campbell, Redskins.

gotta start sooner or later, they used an early pick on the kid, and let Pat Ramsey walk , with fragile Mark Brunell left as the QB. Brunell slowed down at the end of 2005...Campbell is one Brunell injury away from taking over the helm of an offense with a top 5 RB, top 5 WR ( Moss), and a top 5 TE ( Cooley), IMO, an offense with a solid line and a somewhat easy schedule..

Gibbs has won 3 SB's with 3 different QB's...perhaps Campbell is the next in line?!

I like what an earlier post said about Drew Carter! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread