What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[DYNASTY] Patrick Crayton (1 Viewer)

gman8343

What would Lemmy do?
Just looking at the FBG Dynasty Rankings and saw that Patrick Crayton was ranked #91, behind guys like Scotty Vines and Tyrone Calico.

Before he got hurt last year he seemed to show flashes that he could be a solid fantasy WR in a year or two. Obviously his redraft value is low, but does he have no chance of becoming a good fantasy prospect? His ranking seems to reflect his future is rather grim. Is he in the doghouse or was he never any good in the first place?

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Crayton a lot. I think he has more upside than we realize. That WR corp is getting older (Glenn, TO). In addition, if TO gets into trouble or Glenn gets hurt, he could prove valuable.

I was quite surprised they only re-signed him for 1 year 385k(guess). I expected a few years and a decent OK sorta deal. That's minimal. That made me wonder about how he is after his injury.

Well if you like him in dynasty you probably have to get him now. Since he's got a 1 year deal, if he does well again he should see some significant $ +press and then everyone will want him.

I was quite surprised they only re-signed him for 1 year 385k(guess). I expected a few years and a decent OK sorta deal. That's minimal. That made me wonder about how he is after his injury.

Well if you like him in dynasty you probably have to get him now. Since he's got a 1 year deal, if he does well again he should see some significant $ +press and then everyone will want him.
Crayton was an exclusive rights FA with no bargaining power. He was originally a 7th round draft choice in 2004 and has not reach RFA or URFA status. Crayton has shown flashes, but I would not be surprised to see the Cowboys draft a WR to develop and compete with him at the 3rd spot. Depending on bench size, he is worth stashing and hoping in a dynasty, but I don't know if he will ever breakout to become more than a solid NFL player.

Ive been one of Crayton's bigger proponents for a while - i started a deep sleeper thread on him during training camp last year when the positive reports started to come in. I really wonder how his season would have gone last year without that leg injury - he was really building momentum. He's got top notch hands, and his experience as a running QB gives him playmaking ability after the catch. Anyone who watched the Cowboys a lot last year had to notice him, and I have to think he will impress when given the chance once again.

Just looking at the FBG Dynasty Rankings and saw that Patrick Crayton was ranked #91, behind guys like Scotty Vines and Tyrone Calico.
IMO Calico is done with the TitansGives, Bennett and 3 rooks from last year is enough WRs

Next year he will be an RFA and since RFAs are almost UFAs he would be a good guy to try to acquire in Dynasty leagues.
Better than guys like....Drew Carter, Terrence Murphy or Cochery?

Next year he will be an RFA and since RFAs are almost UFAs he would be a good guy to try to acquire in Dynasty leagues.
Drew Carter shouldnt be available in a dynasty league. If he is, fix that.

Well he isnt...since he currently sits on my roster. Bit worried with the Meshawn signing though. Currently sits 4th behind Colbert though yikes.

Well he isnt...since he currently sits on my roster. Bit worried with the Meshawn signing though. Currently sits 4th behind Colbert though yikes.
He's better than Colbert. Key should take catches away from Colbert more than Carter in the current offense. The question for Dynasty leagues, IMHO, is whether Carter can beat out Colbert for the #2 position after Key is gone. Carter needs to work on his routes to prove to the coaches that he isn't just a "go" route runner.

The above posters have covered Carter well.Murphy is in danger of his career ending because of spine issues.

I have Cotchery and Crayton very close and think both have starter potential 1-2 years down the line. Cotchery could even outplay McCareins as early as this year, but he hasn't impressed me as much as Crayton has.

Crayton has great hands and a great work ethic. All the Cowboys coaches have praised this guy, including Parcell's. I think he has tremendous upside.

He's better than Colbert. Key should take catches away from Colbert more than Carter in the current offense. The question for Dynasty leagues, IMHO, is whether Carter can beat out Colbert for the #2 position after Key is gone. Carter needs to work on his routes to prove to the coaches that he isn't just a "go" route runner.
I think you guys are a little too high on Carter.time will tell....

I think you guys are a little too high on Carter.time will tell....
Certainly could be. And if he messes up his knee again, he's probably done. Certainly more risk there than with Colbert.

The above posters have covered Carter well.Murphy is in danger of his career ending because of spine issues.

I have Cotchery and Crayton very close and think both have starter potential 1-2 years down the line. Cotchery could even outplay McCareins as early as this year, but he hasn't impressed me as much as Crayton has.
The main thing with Crayton is that he has the vote of the coaching staff. The staff has a lot of faith in him and Copper. Both a strong young talents.

The main thing with Crayton is that he has the vote of the coaching staff. The staff has a lot of faith in him and Copper. Both a strong young talents.
then why didn't they lock him up for a longer deal?(curious Q isn't it?)

Does Crayton inherit TO's gig,or will they give BSH or Rectora whirl ?
Last I read it would be Hurd or Rector just because Tuna liked Glenn where he was and liked Crayton where he was. This is was from the info this past week. I assume it still applies.

Cryaton showed he can produce where ever he played last year when he played. He reminds me of a lil Marvin Harrison. Catches well in traffic and has some nice moves.

Users who are viewing this thread