What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty stash players? (1 Viewer)

sos32

Footballguy
Disclaimer, this should be also called, dynasty sleepers or deep sleepers also

Its about that time of year when many of us start really looking for diamonds in the rough, the forgotten sleepers and rookies, players that might make an impact, low risk, high reward...

So I'm just looking for a few names to snag off the waiver wire, our wire is very bare, we have no roster limits and use a salary cap/contract format. Can't think of many at the present time, who are your "stash" players etc.

I'll start the list

Ray Perkins RB Chargers - with the possible departure of Turner, LT's backup is always valueable and a must handcuff for the prized top draft pick.

Terrance Copper WR Saints - sure a WR4 right now, has showed decent flashes, with an aging Horn could be the WR3, and with injuries to Colston or henderson can step in.

Billy McMullen WR Vikings - Not a bad project, Vikings WR's are a mess and seems HC Childress has taken a liking to him

Kay-Jay Harris RB Rams - Fisher out, Davis hasn't done anything Harris could eventually become RB2 as of next year, kid has shown some potential

Who are your stash players

Last edited by a moderator:
Until today, Chris Perry

A few others:

Cedric Houston - he might be the best everydown back of the three Jets' RBs, and if they don't address the position early next year, you never know.

Owen Daniels - Kubiak seems to like the TE, and he's got good hands.

DJ Hackett, WR, Seattle - who knows what the Seattle WR corps will look like in 2007
Like Hackett also, picked him up awhile ago. I'll add another that I picked upRuvell Martin WR Packers - Ferguson is always hurt, Jennings aand Driver are 1 & 2 but Martin should take 3 for good this year and push for more targets/playing time next season

I don't have any of these guys on my roster, but I was thinking maybe people like:

M. Floyd

D. Hagan

And with all of the relatively obscure WRs to have solid games in NO, whatever happened to Mike Hass??

Sleepers:

Brandon Marshall WR DEN - His nickname is "Baby T.O." and Rod Smith can only play so long right?

Musa Smith RB BAL - Looked good spelling Lewis and is a free agent next year.

Deep Sleepers:

Michael Robinson RB SF - Gore has been injury prone in the past and Robinson has nice size/speed ratio

Mike Williams WR DET - Needs a team change. And to discover a work ethic. But hey, what deep sleepers don't have question marks???

Domenik Hixon, WR, DEN might be someone to stash. He was a fourth round pick by Denver. He's spent most of the season recovering from off-season foot surgery. Might give a run at some playing time next year, depending on the shape of the DEN WR corps.

He switched over to WR from the secondary his junior year at Akron, so still learning the position. His performance in the MAC Championship game last year was something else (played through leg cramps, made a sliding catch on a hail mary to win the game).

While it is hard to know if he will be able to further develop his route-running and blocking skills, he might have some value as a returner.

D.Hagen (has stud potential...hands needs to get better.)

Nate Washington (make plays and CED wilson hadnt shown much...Holmes/Ward and Nate will be nice)

B.Scaife (Vince's buddy)

L/Betts (UFA)

V.Morency (has the skills)

B.Marshall (should be in the position Matt Jones fell into this year next year)

Duckett (UFA)

Vincent Jackson

McCardell is no spring chicken, and it's just a matter of time before V-Jax gets his chance to shine full time.

Patrick Crayton. I know this may be a little too high profile for this post but I love his talent and if Glenn or TO go down, I would feel very comfortable starting him

Almost my whole receiving core:

Drew Carter

Malcolm Floyd

Brandon Jones

Demetrius Williams

and still holding out that Tony Scheffler will be a stud get to play when Cutler starts.

The ones I have stashed in a couple of leagues (not nescessarily the ones I wish I had)

Tarvaris Jackson

Vincent Jackson

Malcom Floyd

Samie Parker

Ernest Wilford

Deangelo Williams

Ryan Moats

Marcedes Lewis

Owen Daniels

zamboni said:
mnesvig said:
THE UNDERCOVER BROTHA said:
Hagan can't catch. And hands don't just get better. Just ask Troy Williamson.
Generally speaking, yes. But Darrell Jackson had a bad case of the dropsies, and you don't hear that at all anymore.
Having watched every down of every Seahawks games in recent years, I'd say that problem was overblown. Yes, he had multiple drops. But it wasn't a problem that had plagued him throughout his career. Hagan couldn't catch in college and hasn't been able to catch so far this year. Another difference is that D-Jax was highly productive even when he was dropping some passes.

zamboni said:
mnesvig said:
THE UNDERCOVER BROTHA said:
Generally speaking, yes. But Darrell Jackson had a bad case of the dropsies, and you don't hear that at all anymore.
Having watched every down of every Seahawks games in recent years, I'd say that problem was overblown. Yes, he had multiple drops. But it wasn't a problem that had plagued him throughout his career. Hagan couldn't catch in college and hasn't been able to catch so far this year. Another difference is that D-Jax was highly productive even when he was dropping some passes.
Fair point - perhaps D-Jax isn't the best example. It was more a point that hands can still improve - I look more for opportunity and situation, and hope the hands follow.

I still think Andre Hall could become a viable starting RB in the NFL. And Eric Shelton looked decent on his couple of carries yesterday. May be worth seeing what happens to Foster there for 2007.

And Eric Shelton looked decent on his couple of carries yesterday. May be worth seeing what happens to Foster there for 2007.
True, but his name is DeAngelo Williams, not Eric Shelton.
Oh sure, I'm not saying Shelton over Williams. I'm more thinking of a deep dynasty league where a guy like Shelton may develop into a decent backup next year if they get rid of Foster. I would guess that most people were ready to bury Shelton, but he may be worth keeping in a deep league now.

Cedric Cobbs

Once the Bells have been "rung-out" and Nash becomes FB, Cobbs might stand as true #1 in Colorado!

:banned:

A couple of more real deep guys I like are Derrick Wimbush and Adam Jennings. Wimbush is a FB on JAX, but he has some decent moves and could turn out to be a thunder to Jones-Drew's lightning if Greg Jones doesn't make it back for some reason. Pretty obvious to me that although Vick's throws aren't very good, none of the ATL WRs have good hands. Jennings is small, but speedy and has decent hands. Played at Fresno State last year.

RBs:

Perkins SD

Pope GB

One that might be under the radars: GREG JONES. Hurt early, which means he will be ready fro next season.

WRs:

Crayton DAL

Hurd DAL

Floyd SD

D. Carter CAR

QBs:

Rodgers GB

Cassel NE

Still lookin' at a couple more RBs....

Brandon Marshall

Demetrius Williams

Malcolm Floyd

and...

:bag: Jerry porter and Ricky Williams :bag:
That's the second time I've seen this guy's name. I stashed him on a dynasty squad a couple of weeks ago. People keep mentioning Copper, but I grabbed Henderson at the start of the season in one league and grabbed him off the WW in another a few weeks ago. Probably not a sleeper anymore after 3 great weeks, but I'm lovin the fact that I gave him a roster spot....

WR

Keary Colbert (Carolina) - Could slide back into the #3 role when Keyshawn leaves. Could also find success elsewhere if traded/leaves via FA.

Travis Wilson (Cleveland) - The Browns don't have a real #3 WR and he could replace Northcutt in the near future. KWII and Edwards steal touches but Wilson could do well in the future.

Jerome Mathis (Houston) - May have become a "forgotten" guy. Capable return man and had flashes last season. Could be a smart stash if he's still on the wire.

Brandon Williams (San Francisco) - The 49ers are only carrying 5 WR and they don't have a true #3 between Gilmore, Williams, and Jacobs. Took over the return duties and could become the #3 WR next season.

TE

David Thomas (New England) - Has shown flashes as a Patriots TE during this season. Somewhat blocked by Watson but if Graham walks, could be a good guy to keep an eye on.

I think DJax also suffered from guilt by association with KRob there too.

I just got Ricky Williams as a dynasty league throw-in. I've gotta believe that he'll be back in NFL next year, one way or another.

I expect Eric Shelton to be cut by the Panthers next year. Maybe a fresh start somewhere else will do him some good.

Various other players I've stashed away...

Koren Robinson

Ronald Curry

Mark Bradley

Vincent Jackson

Greg Jones - suprising how little value people place on him

Kyle Boller - he'll replace McNair someday, and he'll have learned a lot

Still lookin' at a couple more RBs....
you and me both
I'm surprised Gado hasn't been mentioned yet. As others have already said, Houston and Morency aren't bad gambles. I still can't figure out what the future looks like for Mewelde Moore or Fason in Minny. Moore seems like a decent flier. Here's a name no one's mentioned: William Green. Does anyone else think he'll get one more look from another team out there?

Users who are viewing this thread