What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] Todd Gurley (9 Viewers)

Just a complete freak. i can see the argument for Bell but i'd take Gurley straight up. Tried hard to get him in both my dynasties but the owners, smartly, had no interest in moving him.

The next great dynasty FF RB. The top tier is Gurley/Bell and the guys after them are miles and miles away.

Are people really changing their dynasty ranking based on a week's performance?
For the record, since I rejoined Footballguys staff in late June and posted my 1st set of dynasty rankings, Gurley has been the #1 RB on my list.

In another thread this Summer I was asked if I'd trade Gurley for L Bell in dynasty. I said no and was told I was crazy.

Gurley is the next great back a la AP, a la Tomlinson. I don't really care that Bell had a great 2014, I can't bank last year's points. We're looking ahead, not back, and Gurley will be the standard at RB for the next several years. I think many of us in this thread understood that when we drafted him and will reap the benefits for a long time. Some of the trade offers I'm seeing for him reflect the hope that we don't know what we have here, but we do.
I have played devils advocate for the most part in regards to Gurley. Really focused on any flaws or negatives about him. The injury history does concern me, but I was concerned about that with Peterson as a prospect as well.

I have tried to turn every stone I could about him because the last time I thought a RB was the next Peterson or LT was Trent Richardson. I didn't doubt Richardson as much as I should have, so I have tried to not repeat that mistake.

That said Gurley seems like a much better prospect to me than Richardson or Lacy or Bell was or any RB going back to Peterson I can think of (Bell became a player there were hints he could be but never was in college)

Maybe Gurley ends up having a career more like Steven Jackson than LT or Peterson. That is somewhat dependent on the coaches and support around the player. I think Gurley could be more of a receiver than Peterson has been, but I don't know if he can get to Jackson or Tomlinson as a receiver yet. I do think he will be good as a receiver in time though.

I do like the situation of a coach who will build the offense around him and I don't see time shares or other things cutting into his opportunity. That is a rare thing in todays NFL. The supporting cast of offensive line and QB still need a lot of work. I am concerned the QB situation may never be solved which will limit some of Gurley's upside in the long run, but I think the Rams can improve their offensive line over the next couple of seasons while maintaining a strength on defense. The coach should be secure for a few more years while these things come together.

Saw this on reddit...

His YPC by quarter:

1st - 2.0

2nd - 3.3

3rd - 4.5

4th - 11.2 (if you throw out his two 50+ yard runs, it's still 5.2)

Talk about getting stronger and wearing down a defense.

Saw this on reddit...

His YPC by quarter:

1st - 2.0

2nd - 3.3

3rd - 4.5

4th - 11.2 (if you throw out his two 50+ yard runs, it's still 5.2)

Talk about getting stronger and wearing down a defense.
I know it's been said before but he's the closest guy I've seen to Peterson since Peterson came into the league.

Banger said:
identikit said:
In a dynasty league, I was offered Mark Ingram and DeVante Parker for Gurley and my 2016 1st.

Easy pass.
That's horrendous.
Funny thing, the guy said because Gurley hasn't caught many passes is why his offer was fair.

Last edited by a moderator:
identikit said:
In a dynasty league, I was offered Mark Ingram and DeVante Parker for Gurley and my 2016 1st.

Easy pass.
The guy who offered it deserves to be punched in the face in front of his family....well not really but asking for a first as well as Gurley is laughable.

Kid_kong said:
So...I'm not regretting my draft decision to take Gurley 5th in my 12 team redraft league. Does anyone think I overpaid?
Of course you did - even if he ends up being worth it. You didn't need to pay the 1.05 for Gurley in a redraft.

ETA: unless you meant 5th round, then "no".

Banger said:
identikit said:

Easy pass.
That's horrendous.
Funny thing, the guy said because Gurley hasn't caught many passes is why his offer was fair.
ha...great point two games into his career.

Even if he gave you his 1st and you didn't give yours I wouldn't consider it but at least it's more reasonable.

Anyone actually see a successful trade involving Gurley go down recently? Would be nice to see what a realistic ransom is.

Anyone actually see a successful trade involving Gurley go down recently? Would be nice to see what a realistic ransom is.
Do you guys have any children you aren't that attached to?
I wouldn't sell for their child, unless she's legal and really hot, Hot wife would work, too.
"So you two had an arranged marriage? That's interesting, what was the dowry?"

"Todd Gurley"

If Gurley had even half of his yardage in the first two games (say 75 yards), he would be about 450 in the first quarter of the season, which would project to about 1,800, approx. Dickerson's rookie season rushing record.

Dickerson was the last Rams rookie RB with consecutive 140+ yard games (actually had three straight, with the first two 190+). When was the last rookie period to have consecutive games of at least 146+ and 159+?

Hill didn't do it last year. Peterson didn't (though he broke 200 twice, and nearly 300 once).

Kid_kong said:
So...I'm not regretting my draft decision to take Gurley 5th in my 12 team redraft league. Does anyone think I overpaid?
Of course you did - even if he ends up being worth it. You didn't need to pay the 1.05 for Gurley in a redraft.

ETA: unless you meant 5th round, then "no".
5th round. I got CJA with my 1st pick and now stashed deep on the bench.

Bia, all this worrying isn't good for you. Come to the dark side. It's more fun over here. Gurley is a stud.
:shrug: I have had him ranked as the number 1 rookie for 2015 since April.

I did this study to evaluate just how important a rookie season is to a RBs career, mainly because of Gurley.

In watching some of Gurley's college games I found myself saying "Peterson can do that too" which shows how impressive his play was to me.

I agree with you that I should worry less. I just felt I did a poor job of evaluating Richardson so I wanted to make sure I did not repeat that mistake again.

I have him in 5 of 10 dynasty leagues and I wouldn't trade him for any player. In every one of those leagues I either obtained him in a trade or for the pick that got me in a position to draft him. Yes, he plays a position that could get him hurt more often than a stud WR, but I don't care. They say everyone has a price, but............

12 team PPR re draft just got offered and I accepted: he gave me AJ Green and Gurley I gave him Leveon Bell and Sammy Watkins. Still not sure how I feel but think its good haha.
You win this IMO.
2 studs for one essentially. Watkins is bench fodder, WR 3 maybe. Green is high WR 1 in a year where most projected WR 1s are struggling with situation or injury. Very nice trade imo.

Prior to last week, in a redraft, standard scoring (non ppr) TD heavy league, I acquired Gurley and Doug Baldwin and gave up James Jones, Tyrod Taylor and C.J. Anderson. With the TD heaviness of the league I actually came up way short scoring wise on the deal last week, but I had to have Gurley.

was offered Dion Lewis and Duke Johnson for Gurley today...declined.
I have Lewis and Gurley on the same PPR team and would turn that down too. I love Lewis and Duke Johnson's a nice RB but Gurley looks like he's going to be an absolute monster the rest of the way.

Prior to his taking the field I traded 1.06, 2.02, 2.04 in a 4 year salary cap contract league. I got Freeman with 1.11 last year, and took Cobb with 2.06 this year. 12 team league. Traded ways 2016 2nd for Kevin White right when the injury news broke.

I've received numerous terrible offers for Gurley. One guy finally offered something I didn't consider insulting on his third attempt and still wasn't very close.

I'm not sure why, but I find low ball offers bother me more when they're for a player that is rapidly approaching stud-dom. It's as if they're hoping your not paying ANY attention.

I've received numerous terrible offers for Gurley. One guy finally offered something I didn't consider insulting on his third attempt and still wasn't very close.

I'm not sure why, but I find low ball offers bother me more when they're for a player that is rapidly approaching stud-dom. It's as if they're hoping your not paying ANY attention.
Yep. I remember when Portis was getting buzz in preseason of his rookie year. I heard from all of my league mates about how they were "sort of interested" in him leading up to the season starting. The cow is out of the barn at this point.. maybe the Gurley owner is having a weekend at Bernies or something?

Try to look at this as an opportunity to find information about how much they like certain players of interest on their team.

Gurley is pretty close to untouchable now and anything someone might offer you that would have you considering moving him would put a big dent in a lot of teams making their starting roster less competitive after the move. I don't see a lot of trades involving Gurley happening at this time.

I was offered E. Sanders for him a in PPR redraft league. I told the idiot to not post garbage like that to me again. I see him as a top 5 RB the rest of the way. First comes the yards, the TD's are sure to follow.

in non-ppr dynasties i have him as the #1 player. in PPR he's in the mix with the top WR's.

This is a generational talent, provided he can stay healthy he's going to win teams FF Championships over the next 5-8 years.

I was offered E. Sanders for him a in PPR redraft league. I told the idiot to not post garbage like that to me again. I see him as a top 5 RB the rest of the way. First comes the yards, the TD's are sure to follow.
That's not an insulting offer in a PPR/redraft. You made like the guy offered you Anquan Boldin or something. I mean I would have declined the trade too, but it's not too far out there

Seems to me a fair enough first offer to get conversation going. In return, that owner got a pretty douched up aggressive (yet somehow defensive) reply.

If anything, you've lost yourself a potential trading partner cause why would the other owner risk your scorn again for putting an offer to you?

Just my take. I like trading, would want to foster as many potential trade partners as possible, not put them off by acting a fool.

hardcoredx said:
Pretty even stuff, especially since Gurley hasn't been catching passes (yet).

Agree with Koya, especially since E.Sanders is on pace for a 100+ catch season and currently outperforming D.Thomas (yes, he's hurt right now, but that injury could linger). With running game in neutral, P.Manning will focus on E.Sanders. The comment wasn't warranted based on the offer. Poor communication skills by hardcoredx. A simple "not interested" would've done the job.

Sorry, I avoided this thread cause I'm not a Gurley owner and missed out on him.

But now, I was offered Gurley (and a throw in) for Julio (and a throw in. my top rb is Joseph Randle) in my keeper ppr league.

I've been pondering on it all day. I know this is not the Assistant Coach thread but I just wanted to put this out there since the last couple of comments I saw were asking about Gurley trades.

Users who are viewing this thread