What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] Todd Gurley (12 Viewers)

Sorry, I avoided this thread cause I'm not a Gurley owner and missed out on him.

But now, I was offered Gurley (and a throw in) for Julio (and a throw in. my top rb is Joseph Randle) in my keeper ppr league.

I've been pondering on it all day. I know this is not the Assistant Coach thread but I just wanted to put this out there since the last couple of comments I saw were asking about Gurley trades.
I guess it depends on your other wr's but with your best RB being Randle (who may be droppable in 2 weeks) you're in a bit of trouble there.

Sorry, I avoided this thread cause I'm not a Gurley owner and missed out on him.

But now, I was offered Gurley (and a throw in) for Julio (and a throw in. my top rb is Joseph Randle) in my keeper ppr league.

I've been pondering on it all day. I know this is not the Assistant Coach thread but I just wanted to put this out there since the last couple of comments I saw were asking about Gurley trades.
I guess it depends on your other wr's but with your best RB being Randle (who may be droppable in 2 weeks) you're in a bit of trouble there.
cobb and antonio

cobb and antonio
I'd do it.

Offered freeman for Gurley and gronk in a redraft. Didn't think hed accept but figured I'd at least get a counter. No such luck

For people wondering about value, I traded D Murray and Jeffery for Gurley and J Brown. PPR redraft.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reading the last page, it looks like a lot of people are trying to gauge trade value. The Gurley owner is 2-4 and a very longshot for the playoffs already based on the rest of his team. Would this be insulting (to the current Gurley owners)

Dion Lewis (can be kept as a 15th round keeper for 3 years, PPR), Jarvis Landry (can be kept for a 6th round pick for 1 year) and a 12th round pick for Gurley (not keeper eligible) and the Rams D (I have the Packers on bye and would save me a pick up)

Reading the last page, it looks like a lot of people are trying to gauge trade value. The Gurley owner is 2-4 and a very longshot for the playoffs already based on the rest of his team. Would this be insulting (to the current Gurley owners)

Dion Lewis (can be kept as a 15th round keeper for 3 years, PPR), Jarvis Landry (can be kept for a 6th round pick for 1 year) and a 12th round pick for Gurley (not keeper eligible) and the Rams D (I have the Packers on bye and would save me a pick up)
Great post for the AC forum.

For people wondering about value, I traded D Murray and Jeffery for Gurley and J Brown. PPR redraft.
Why in the hell would the Gurley owner do that? Damn.
they have no clue what they have/had....
Jeffery is no chopped liver. I can definitely see that being an excellent trade for the Murray/Jeffery owner down the stretch if DeMarco plays like he did Monday.
Jeffery's a good player but if you drafted Gurley I gotta believe you did so with the belief he could be a home run pick if healthy. All signs are pointing toward him being that type of player now. So I can't see trading for a good player if Gurley has that type of upside. As a Gurley owner, I'm not settling for anything less than an elite player in return. Jeffery's good but he isn't a Top 3-5 player at his position. Gurley could be.

I was offered E. Sanders for him a in PPR redraft league. I told the idiot to not post garbage like that to me again. I see him as a top 5 RB the rest of the way. First comes the yards, the TD's are sure to follow.
That's not an insulting offer in a PPR/redraft. You made like the guy offered you Anquan Boldin or something. I mean I would have declined the trade too, but it's not too far out there
Exactly. Owners like hardcoredx are the biggest turnoff in the game. If you don't like the offer a simple "no thanks" or "I value him more than that" suffices. If you feel like getting snipy you can even add "you may have forgotten a couple of 1st rounders on that offer". Getting hostile is totally uncalled for. This offer isn't even that bad in redraft PPR. I'd consider it depending on lineup and other needs.

Uhhh watch and learn: Gurley is going to run over the league in the next 8 weeks and Sanders will be on the decline. He isn't even top 10 in PPR for crying out loud.

Scary to think he is not even at 100%
or that he's not involved in the passing game.

Hoping he gets in the end zone for his first career TD this weekend...Clev is dead last vs the run giving up 5 ypc, 150 yards/game and most attempts against....given up the 2nd most 20+ yard runs and the most 40+ yard runs. Perfect matchup coming off the bye...he should feast this weekend.

Gurley is trying to become the second rookie RB in NFL history to run for 140+ yards 3 X consecutively.

The only other? Fellow Ram Eric Dickerson in 1983 (190+ first two games), with 533 yards rushing in that span, another rookie record.

Gurley would need more than 228 rushing yards against the Browns to surpass the Hall of Famer (Fisher is no doubt aware of this).

I wouldn't say he is primed to do it, but coming off a bye against one of the worst run defenses in the league statistically, he could be well positioned to make a run at the rookie record, hopefully he makes it interesting. :)

Rams RBs #5 among Gil Brandt's best young NFL position groups, primarily due to Gurley, of course (with an assist from Austin).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000562432/article/jets-dline-jaguars-wrs-among-best-young-position-groups

What Gurley has done -- posting 146 and 159 yards in his first two career starts less than a year after suffering an ACL tear -- is unbelievable, especially when you look at St. Louis' offensive line, which includes two rookie starters (Rob Havenstein and Jamon Brown), a new starting center (Tim Barnes) and a left tackle (Greg Robinson) who eventually will be good but isn't there yet. Gurley is an exceptional player: powerful, elusive, strong, fast and smart. He'll also pass-protect, too; he's not just a one-trick pony. Mason is a change-of-pace guy, and Cunningham is a good kickoff return man, but Gurley is truly something special.

Receiver Tavon Austin (24) isn't a running back, of course, but he is the Rams' second-leading rusher, with 99 yards and a touchdown on 13 carries, and is thus a factor in the ground game. The former first-round pick is tiny (5-foot-8, 176 pounds) but has blazing speed, and he presents a serious matchup problem. St. Louis will use him in the Wildcat and run him in reverses; simply lining him up in the backfield causes issues for opponents.

Rams RBs #5 among Gil Brandt's best young NFL position groups, primarily due to Gurley, of course (with an assist from Austin).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000562432/article/jets-dline-jaguars-wrs-among-best-young-position-groups

What Gurley has done -- posting 146 and 159 yards in his first two career starts less than a year after suffering an ACL tear -- is unbelievable, especially when you look at St. Louis' offensive line, which includes two rookie starters (Rob Havenstein and Jamon Brown), a new starting center (Tim Barnes) and a left tackle (Greg Robinson) who eventually will be good but isn't there yet. Gurley is an exceptional player: powerful, elusive, strong, fast and smart. He'll also pass-protect, too; he's not just a one-trick pony. Mason is a change-of-pace guy, and Cunningham is a good kickoff return man, but Gurley is truly something special.

Receiver Tavon Austin (24) isn't a running back, of course, but he is the Rams' second-leading rusher, with 99 yards and a touchdown on 13 carries, and is thus a factor in the ground game. The former first-round pick is tiny (5-foot-8, 176 pounds) but has blazing speed, and he presents a serious matchup problem. St. Louis will use him in the Wildcat and run him in reverses; simply lining him up in the backfield causes issues for opponents.

Get this team a real WR1 and man could they be dangerous. Gurley forcing constant attention to the run game, loaded boxes, PA passing and opportunities for big plays.

I was offered E. Sanders for him a in PPR redraft league. I told the idiot to not post garbage like that to me again. I see him as a top 5 RB the rest of the way. First comes the yards, the TD's are sure to follow.
Seems to me a fair enough first offer to get conversation going. In return, that owner got a pretty douched up aggressive (yet somehow defensive) reply.

If anything, you've lost yourself a potential trading partner cause why would the other owner risk your scorn again for putting an offer to you?

Just my take. I like trading, would want to foster as many potential trade partners as possible, not put them off by acting a fool.
Agree.

I wouldn't accept Sanders for Gurley, but it's at least worth a counteroffer, if I wanted to move Gurley.

If it were a dynasty league, then it's an insulting offer.

when reading the article posted above I really loved reading this...

When asked why he spends so much extra time after practice working on pass-blocking and catching balls from the JUGS machine, Gurley is equally humble. He was looking for a daily routine to help hone his skills quickly and merely followed the lead of his teammates.

that's the one "disappointment" (I know that's ridiculous to say) in his game so far...I know it will come but I was hoping/thinking we'd see more out of the passing game but if he's putting in the extra time to pass block and work on his receiving skills I can't imagine it will be too long before he carves out the 2 minute role and becomes a bigger part of their passig game.

Here's the most 'competitive' offer I've received from Gurley. A true 32-team IDP league where I literally have no starting TE:

Lacy and R. Rodgers for Gurley, JJ Wilcox, and my 2016 3rd.

I kindly rejected.

I have received these offers over the last couple of weeks for Gurley (can keep up to 3 but only a max of 1 at any 1 position)

Gurley + Kaepernick for Forte + Bradford

Gurley + Kaepernick + Diggs for Hillman + Eli + James Jones.

Gurley for R Wilson

Gurley + Hurns for Hillman, Bridgewater, John Brown

Gurley + Beckham Jr for DeMarco Murray + M Evans

Not too insulting, but

None shall pass...

i guess, since he has not a TD yet, he is a buy low in their eyes...

I was being polite...

Very excited for Gurley in the coming years...if they can get some more legit weapons around him.

This year he will be good but in that type of scenario, sky is the limit.

Here's the most 'competitive' offer I've received from Gurley. A true 32-team IDP league where I literally have no starting TE:

Lacy and R. Rodgers for Gurley, JJ Wilcox, and my 2016 3rd.

I kindly rejected.
I'm in a similar league and just got offered;Carlos Hyde & Devante Adams

For

Todd Gurley

I was offered Hopkins and Coleman for Gurley a couple of weeks ago. If I would accept anything for Gurley, Hopkins would probably be it. But I still declined.

Fisher and Snead had it right. This dude is SPECIAL!

In case you aren't watching, the crowd has been chanting "Gurley" the past few drives.

Users who are viewing this thread