What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] Todd Gurley (3 Viewers)

Getting hit at the line every time. Keenam hopefully can keep the D honest but get down inside the 5 please! If he can hit paint on this drive and they go up 21-3 it could be a nice line tonight for Gurley.

Someone should have told the Rams that throwing draft picks at the OL doesn't do anything if you just pick a bunch of bad players.

For folks who feel confident they'll be playing next week. is Gurley even usable next week in Seattle? I know you don't want to bench studs in a title game, but this matchup just screams red light

For folks who feel confident they'll be playing next week. is Gurley even usable next week in Seattle? I know you don't want to bench studs in a title game, but this matchup just screams red light
I actually have benched him 2 of the last 3 weeks including tonight for Michael Floyd. Probably not starting him next week. Also have DWill.

I think he's gonna be the best RB around for years, but that offense is garbage.

. Good question. My other options are Hightower, powell, bolden, so probably. Would hate to lose with gurley going off on my bench.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I'm lucky enough to make it to next week, I'm probably benching him for Ivory, or Denard Robinson if Yeldon is still out. Unstartable, IMO, against the Seattle D. Dealing with the same issue for Green against Denver. There are some pretty gnarly match-ups in Week 16 this year.

Do the Rams not have a single toss play or sweep in their Tecmo Bowl list of run plays? My god - dive right, dive left, dive right, dive left.

That was frustrating to watch. Buccs really should have won that game.

I'm not worried, bucs have a good D. Gurley is a no brainer start unless you are somehow stacked at rb.

As an owner, I really hope he develops into a true 3 down back. Until he's out there on most 3rd downs he'll have a scary floor :(

What I'm worried about next week about gurley is that the Hawks are going to come out and pour the points on like they have been lately and he basically gets taken off the field.

I would not be surprised. That and they'll look to stop him first and dare Keenum to beat them with the pass. I'll probably be benching him for hightower next week but will take the decent points this week.

21 year old rookie with 1000+ yards for nearly 5 yards per carry and 9 tds in a terrible offense one year after knee surgery. Im supposed to be worried about something? Lol. Go shout at the kids riding bikes on your lawn old man. No one in here thinks the sky is falling. Chicken Little types dont draft players like Gurley. Why are you even here? To warn us that the end is near? Or to have someone tighten up the straps on that "special" jacket you wear. I got 15 points out of a "crappy" performance. LMAO.

21 year old rookie with 1000+ yards for nearly 5 yards per carry and 9 tds in a terrible offense one year after knee surgery. Im supposed to be worried about something? Lol. Go shout at the kids riding bikes on your lawn old man. No one in here thinks the sky is falling. Chicken Little types dont draft players like Gurley. Why are you even here? To warn us that the end is near? Or to have someone tighten up the straps on that "special" jacket you wear. I got 15 points out of a "crappy" performance. LMAO.
I don't think anybody is saying he isn't a talent with limitless potential. It's just that it is the playoffs, and I think many were hoping that he would not be so completely ineffective on the ground, regardless of the circumstances. I'll take the points and the 80 total yards and TD, but after last week's game, I'm thinking that many believed the Rams had figured out some issues allowing Gurley to break free on a run or two.

I'm okay with the stat line last night, would've loved the second TD, but 80 yards, 2 receptions and a TD, 16 points isn't doomsday by any stretch.

I'll take the 80 yds and TD. Jesus people, it could have been worse. I'll worry about next year next year.
Yeah, but it could have easily been soooo much better. Dream scenario is to have a kickoff return stopped at the 2. We got that, plus we got three helping of Gurley - and ended up sucking eggs. 21 carries, 2 goal line drives - and we get 15 points? That's settling. You get that kind of scenario with an AP or healthy Lynch and you end up with 30 unless it's SEA in the Super Bowl.

I'll take the 80 yds and TD. Jesus people, it could have been worse. I'll worry about next year next year.
Yeah, but it could have easily been soooo much better. Dream scenario is to have a kickoff return stopped at the 2. We got that, plus we got three helping of Gurley - and ended up sucking eggs. 21 carries, 2 goal line drives - and we get 15 points? That's settling. You get that kind of scenario with an AP or healthy Lynch and you end up with 30 unless it's SEA in the Super Bowl.
21 carries, 2 receptions, and a Rams win. It's a winning formula for them.

21 carries, 2 receptions, and a Rams win. It's a winning formula for them.
I never suggested otherwise. But 21 carries for 105 yards and 2 TD is a better formula to win than 21 carries for 48 yards and 1 TD and 1 FG.

Worrying about always having the optimal outcome is what drives people to start threads like the one "Been a good run...I'm done with the FF". Just be happy he didn't throw up 5 points instead of 15.

Something else to keep an eye- at least he has 10 days off...

@jthom1 RB Todd Gurley had his left knee wrapped in ice after the game. Yes, that's the same knee that underwent surgery at Georgia.

@jthom1 RB Todd Gurley had his left knee wrapped in ice after the game. Yes, that's the same knee that underwent surgery at Georgia.
I'd be surprised if he was not icing that knee after every game.

Seattle is a tougher matchup but I like him more in that game with 10 days rest than I against Tampa with 4 days rest.

Biggest failure on Rams so far is not getting him in space more often. They threw it to him twice yesterday and one went for 20 yards and looked close to being a lot more and the other went for around 10. Compare that with running him into that wall at the LOS for barely 2 yards a carry and I don't think that's making optimal use of your resources.

We'll see next week but Seattle gives up a ton of receptions to RB's

I'd be surprised if he was not icing that knee after every game.

Seattle is a tougher matchup but I like him more in that game with 10 days rest than I against Tampa with 4 days rest.

Biggest failure on Rams so far is not getting him in space more often. They threw it to him twice yesterday and one went for 20 yards and looked close to being a lot more and the other went for around 10. Compare that with running him into that wall at the LOS for barely 2 yards a carry and I don't think that's making optimal use of your resources.

We'll see next week but Seattle gives up a ton of receptions to RB's
15.5 yards per catch and around 2 yards per rush. Gee, maybe throw him a few more passes instead of just pounding him between the tackles all the time? That would seem to be a common sense move.

His game last night would've been so much better with a second TD or a few more passes. But at least he got one and was decent. Next week is a tougher situation for sure. The Seahawks do struggle with RB receptions but the Rams don't use Gurley enough in the passing game to feel as if that's an area he can exploit. The Bucs struggle there too (as Gurley showed) but St. Louis didn't take advantage of that matchup advantage. Maybe they'll be forced to against Seattle if they're down big. Or they could put Gurley on the shelf and decide not to use him too much in a game they can't win.

He's an impossible guy to really sit unless you have great options because he's proven he can go off against good defenses and seemingly difficult matchups. And he's been a great source for TDs so like he showed last night even on a generally bad night he can still deliver respectable results with a score.

Gurley's helped you win the last 2 weeks, but are you starting him at Seattle? - far and away the number 1 fantasy defense against RBs. To me Gurley would have to get serious use in the passing game to have a decent week this week and thus far the Rams have been content to not throw him a lot of passing work.

Gurley's helped you win the last 2 weeks, but are you starting him at Seattle? - far and away the number 1 fantasy defense against RBs. To me Gurley would have to get serious use in the passing game to have a decent week this week and thus far the Rams have been content to not throw him a lot of passing work.

I don't see him getting anything done @Seattle. Rams are going to get pummeled. Their defense is too good, playing at home and the offense has been on fire too.

Rams are going to face a big deficit early and gurley wont see many touches because of that. I'm sitting him for Latavius Murray against SD personally.

I believe Denver holds that distinction and my only other choice is Jeremy Hill vs Denver. I'll roll with Gurley thank you very much.

As a Gurley owner, Im starting him WITH supreme confidence!!!!

It might help to know Im playing for third place. Cheers!

I have to choose between L Miller, Gurley, M jones, or A Blue. The only thing holding me back from Gurley is that nasty floor if they get behind. My gut says to sit him but my heart says to start him......decisions, decisions.

JohnnyU said:
iamkoza said:
I believe Denver holds that distinction and my only other choice is Jeremy Hill vs Denver. I'll roll with Gurley thank you very much.
Same decision for me and yeah it's not even a decision. The Rams usually play these division games tough so I'm going to hope for that.

I'm stacked at RB with ADP and DWill, and have been flexing Gurley. I'm trying to decide between Gurley, TY Hilton or Randall Cobb. I feel like I could live with myself better if Gurley puts up a dud in my lineup, rather than him putting up a monster game on my bench.

I'm stacked at RB with ADP and DWill, and have been flexing Gurley. I'm trying to decide between Gurley, TY Hilton or Randall Cobb. I feel like I could live with myself better if Gurley puts up a dud in my lineup, rather than him putting up a monster game on my bench.
That's exactly right. There are two choices and four possible outcomes:1. You play him and he doesn't do well = 'he had a tough matchup'

2. You play him and he does well = 'ballsy but smart move'

3. You sit him and he doesn't do well = 'you're a genius'

4. You sit him and he blows up on the bench = 'you're an idiot'

I've been ravaged by injuries at RB down the stretch so I don't have a better option. But I'd still start him anyway. I'm gonna roll with my best guys. Like Squintz said I can live with starting Gurley and seeing him put up less-than-stellar production. I'd always regret sitting him and watching a supreme talent go off on my bench. I'm still upset I sat him the week of the first Arizona game and the stakes were far lower than they are now.

Users who are viewing this thread