What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DYNASTY: Top 2013 College Prospects (3 Viewers)

Rex Burkhead is going to be one of those guys that doesn't come highly touted but produces when given the opportunity. Does everything good, excellent hands, pass protection, and runs hard using his low center of gravity. Also, has been used as a sure handed punt returner. Draft stock will probably depend on what type of 40 yd dash he has...

Last edited by a moderator:
Rex Burkhead is going to be one of those guys that doesn't come highly touted but produces when given the opportunity. Does everything good, excellent hands, pass protection, and runs hard using his low center of gravity. Also, has been used as a sure handed punt returner. Draft stock will probably depend on what type of 40 yd dash he has...
If remember his high school stuff from around these parts is that he could dunk @ under 6. I believe he is going to be one of those strange types who does well in short area quickness and explosion drils at the combine, but won't translate that explosion into any more than an average 40 time. Not sure if that will disqualify him from being a usable pro though.

If remember his high school stuff from around these parts is that he could dunk @ under 6. I believe he is going to be one of those strange types who does well in short area quickness and explosion drils at the combine, but won't translate that explosion into any more than an average 40 time. Not sure if that will disqualify him from being a usable pro though.
he'll be on a team on Sunday's for sure since he's the ideal 2nd-3rd string RB who will play all the specials and be usable in a variety of situations and is the type of guy that will want to play all the specials if not the starting RB. At worst he's a Snelling type, but there is more upside here

Lache Seastrunk RB Baylor 2013

Transferred from oregon(for reasons I do not know), but came in as a highly touted 5 star prospect from Texas. Kid has all the talent in the world if he can put it together
Seastrunk was 4th on the depth chart at Oregon, behind James, Barner, and frosh De'Anthony Thomas. Maybe he will put it together, but his star has definitely faded.

Justin Hunter & Da'Rick Rogers, Tennessee.Hunter is an A.J. Green / Randy Moss type receiver. Hunter will be coming back in 2012 from an ACL tear so I'm curious to see how he looks compared to pre-injury. He was down right sick in 2010 and early 2011, pretty much unstoppable. Da'Rick is more Anquan Boldin / Greg Little type. Da'Rick is one of those frustrating players that drops the easiest balls, but then makes some insane catches and is very physical after the catch. He dominated Honey Badger this year in Neyland after the punk talked smack all week about how he would hold DR catch less.Don't roast me. I am not saying these two are as good or will have the same careers as those pros I compared them to, just giving you some insight to their game.
True freshman WR Malcolm Mitchell (6-1 184) at UGA is better than either of those guys. Watch for him vs Mich St. Jan 2. He was an elite prospect at DB before switching to WR his senior year, where he was dominant. Along with true soph LB Alec Ogletree, he's at the top of the (long) NFL prospect list at UGA.
Come on now. Take the Red & Black glasses off. Look what Rogers (6'-3", 215 lbs) did mostly with Matt Simms (who is downright awful) and a true freshman QB this year playing double covered (due to Hunter's injury) all year. That would be 67 receptions for 1,040, 9 TDs, avg. 15.5 yards per catch. All this versus one of the toughest schedules in the country in a largely slanted defensive league (SEC). Justin Hunter is even better than Rogers, although different.

One guy that I'm going to be very interested in tracking next season is Knile Davis. He was poised to have a monster year for Arkansas before his injury in the summer and likely would have been a top 10 rookie pick for 2012. Now seeing how he recovers and if he can put himself in the conversation with the likes of Dyer and Lattimore is going to be interesting. Also, if Christine Michael from Texas A&M gets the bulk of the carries next year he might be another name for people to watch.

My very early list:

QB:

Tyler Bray, Tennessee

Tyler Wilson, Arkansas

Tajh Boyd, Clemson

Geno Smith, West Virginia

RB:

Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina

Michael Dyer, Auburn

Knile Davis, Arkansas

WR:

Robert Woods, USC

Kenny Stills, Oklahoma

Keenan Allen, Cal

Stedman Bailey, West Virginia (see Marvin Harrison)

With bowl season coming up, I'm wanting to not only watch draft-eligible prospects like Richardson, Luck, Blackmon, etc., but it's also a time to get a look at some of the next wave of prospects coming up for the following year's draft class as well.

I'm in, and a lot of other people are too, leagues where you can draft college guys. With that in mind, who are some of the top guys to be watching that aren't draft-eligible this year?

Robert Woods, Michael Dyer, Marcus Lattimore? Where do these guys rank in relation to this year's prospects and this year's rookies? Who else is out there?
There was a rumor that Dyer was suspended for the bowl game. Never saw any confirmation though.
Rumor is he is off the team and transferring to either Ark State or WVU

Eddie Lacy
Should be an interesting prospect. He's got nice size at 6'0"/225...surprisingly nimble and decent hands.His competition will be Jalston Fowler (245) and Dee Hart (190)...Fowler should be the late game/big lead battering ram and Hart a COP back.Alabama has two of the highest ranked RBs signed in HS, but true freshmen don't get much PT on this team.Lacy should have a big year.
FYI....Outland winner Barrett Jones announced yesterday he's returning for his senior season. He's expected to move to C, allowing soph Cyrus Kouandjio to start at LT. This will give the line 95 starts and get them at an average of 6'5", 315 pounds.The D won't be as stout as this year, so Lacy may end getting more 4th quarter work than Richardson did this season. He could be in for a very big year statistically.

Auburn has revoked Dyers scholarship.
granted a release is a lot differnt than revoked. Dyer has shown enough on tape in 2 yrs at Auburn to prove he is a 1st rd talent. Arkansas State is not a bad place for him. Janoris Jenkings ( FLA CB played well there last yr and he will be be a 1st rd pick this yr) Plus, his OC at Auburn is now the head coach at Ark State.

Auburn has revoked Dyers scholarship.
granted a release is a lot differnt than revoked. Dyer has shown enough on tape in 2 yrs at Auburn to prove he is a 1st rd talent. Arkansas State is not a bad place for him. Janoris Jenkings ( FLA CB played well there last yr and he will be be a 1st rd pick this yr) Plus, his OC at Auburn is now the head coach at Ark State.
Janoris Jenkins played for North Alabama last year.

Why is Dyer leaving Auburn anyway?
Undisclosed violation of team rules is the reason for missing the bowl game. Guessing since they are washing their hands of a top tier talent, it was more than being late to a couple of philosophy classes.Edit: here is some linkage and a quote,

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/01/auburn_gives_all-sec_tailback.html

"Auburn coach Gene Chizik said in December that Dyer would have to meet certain criteria to play for the Tigers again. Instead, Dyer asked for his release"

I'm not sure when Sammy Watkins will come out but he should be at the top of all WR lists.
The next Calvin Johnson.02
Lattimore, Dyer , Woods, Watkins, Barkley. 2013 has some potential. That is high praise on Watkins, one to keep a close eye on.
Wait until you get a load of
Watch this kid...... He has all the tools.. 6/6 220 lbs... fast.. amazing hands.... the next coming of Megatron....

I'm not sure when Sammy Watkins will come out but he should be at the top of all WR lists.
The next Calvin Johnson.02
Lattimore, Dyer , Woods, Watkins, Barkley. 2013 has some potential. That is high praise on Watkins, one to keep a close eye on.
Wait until you get a load of
This guy has the same scent of hype as AJ Green and Julio Jones did coming out...I'm excited. Go to wisconsin Dorial!!!

One guy that I'm going to be very interested in tracking next season is Knile Davis. He was poised to have a monster year for Arkansas before his injury in the summer and likely would have been a top 10 rookie pick for 2012. Now seeing how he recovers and if he can put himself in the conversation with the likes of Dyer and Lattimore is going to be interesting. Also, if Christine Michael from Texas A&M gets the bulk of the carries next year he might be another name for people to watch.

My very early list:

QB:

Tyler Bray, Tennessee

Tyler Wilson, Arkansas

Tajh Boyd, Clemson

RB:

Michael Dyer, Auburn

Knile Davis, Arkansas

WR:

Robert Woods, USC

Kenny Stills, Oklahoma

Keenan Allen, Cal
Ugh, I cannot wait for this guy to come out. Here's a few guys that I think are poised for huge breakouts if they get a shot next year (eligible in 2013 or 2014):

Melvin Gordon RB Wisc 2014

has the same style as Jamaal Charles, not as much speed but has a much bigger frame. Next stat hoarding RB in line for Wisconsin
Good call. I have several friends that attend Mendota Girdiron Club meetings. Beilama has said many times that if you think the stable of RBs looks good now, wait until these freshman make it up the depth chart. This refers to Gordon and Jeff Lewis.
I can't wait man. Big wisconsin fan and my favorite part is following recruiting, more excited than I was for John Clay. I can't complain about Ball coming back next year, but I'm a little upset I have to wait another year for Gordon to play lol.Ball and Gordon are basically Mark ingram and Trent Richardson...just a crappy version without all the pro potential LOL

Lache Seastrunk RB Baylor 2013

Transferred from oregon(for reasons I do not know), but came in as a highly touted 5 star prospect from Texas. Kid has all the talent in the world if he can put it together
Seastrunk was 4th on the depth chart at Oregon, behind James, Barner, and frosh De'Anthony Thomas. Maybe he will put it together, but his star has definitely faded.
Damn...what the hell happend to him?? he looked amazing in high school...I guess Rivals can't always be dead on.

My very early list:

QB:

Tyler Bray, Tennessee

Tyler Wilson, Arkansas

Tajh Boyd, Clemson

RB:

Michael Dyer, Auburn

Knile Davis, Arkansas

WR:

Robert Woods, USC

Kenny Stills, Oklahoma

Keenan Allen, Cal
Ugh, I cannot wait for this guy to come out. Here's a few guys that I think are poised for huge breakouts if they get a shot next year (eligible in 2013 or 2014):

has the same style as Jamaal Charles, not as much speed but has a much bigger frame. Next stat hoarding RB in line for Wisconsin
Good call. I have several friends that attend Mendota Girdiron Club meetings. Beilama has said many times that if you think the stable of RBs looks good now, wait until these freshman make it up the depth chart. This refers to Gordon and Jeff Lewis.
I can't wait man. Big wisconsin fan and my favorite part is following recruiting, more excited than I was for John Clay. I can't complain about Ball coming back next year, but I'm a little upset I have to wait another year for Gordon to play lol.Ball and Gordon are basically Mark ingram and Trent Richardson...just a crappy version without all the pro potential LOL
Kind of intended for this thread to be about players who are going to be eligible for next year's draft, so... :kicksrock:

My very early list:

QB:

Tyler Bray, Tennessee

Tyler Wilson, Arkansas

Tajh Boyd, Clemson

RB:

Michael Dyer, Auburn

Knile Davis, Arkansas

WR:

Robert Woods, USC

Kenny Stills, Oklahoma

Keenan Allen, Cal

Kind of intended for this thread to be about players who are going to be eligible for next year's draft, so... :kicksrock:
lol my bad...Back to Keenan Allen

Other than Watkins and Malcolm Brown from Texas, what other freshman will be top draft prospects?
Here are a few others that caught my eye this season.Isaiah Crowell RB - GeorgiaGiovanni Benard RB - North Carolina (Was a RFR this year so he's eligible after next season)De'Anthony Thomas RB/WR - OregonHerschel Sims RB - Oklahoma State (Didn't see the field much this year...ton of potential)Marqise Lee WR - USC (May be better than Robert Woods)Odell Beckham WR - LSU Malcolm Mitchell WR - Georgia

Players who were true freshman last year won't be NFL eligible in 2013. So players like Watkins, Brown, and Crowell aren't eligible for the NFL draft til 2014, and therefore do not belong in this thread :)

Tim Flanders, RB Sam Houston State (Kansas State transfer)

Eligible for 2012, but not likely to declare. Could be the next Brian Westbrook based on similar size and receiving ability.

bumping to see if we can get some more discussion going on next year's DRAFT-ELIGIBLE players
I used to like this class, but I'm not wild about it anymore. Arguably the top two prospects (Michael Dyer and Marcus Lattimore) have already seen their stock dip for varying reasons. Same with Knile Davis. I thought Lattimore and Davis were overrated even before their injuries, and I like them that much less now. I'm also not as high on Dyer as I used to be. Solid back, but he's no T-Rich. Not even close. There just aren't any obvious can't-miss talents in this group. My tentative rankings would look something like this:Matt BarkleyTyler BrayMichael DyerMarcus LattimoreGiovani BernardJames WhiteSpencer WareMontee BallKnile DavisCameron MarshallKeenan AllenRobert WoodsDa'Rick RogersThere's not a ton of separation in the RB group. Those guys all have various issues. Whoever responds the best in 2012 will have a pretty decent chance of contending for the RB1 spot. Lattimore and Davis need to prove they're back to 100%. Dyer might not be eligible for Arkansas State until next season after transfering. Bernard needs to add weight. Marshall needs to show that he has instincts and footwork to go along with his power and speed.

Which will be the go to guy? Watkins? Or Woods?

I got #1 overall next year. PPR.

Says the guy who just drank the Woods Kool-Aid.

Allen had more yards in the same conference with a vastly inferior QB and supporting cast. I've seen both guys play several times. I've even seen them both live. Woods is good. Fast and productive. Allen is also good. He was the best player on Cal's team as a true freshman.

They'll both probably be first round picks. I like Allen a little more.

Having said that, I think he's a "soft" #1. I don't see a Richardson/Blackmon type of player in this rookie crop. I would've taken those guys in the top 3-4 rounds of a dynasty startup last year. Maybe higher for Richardson. This year I only had Allen tabbed as a 6th-7th rounder. I don't see a can't-miss star in the 2013 class yet.

Which will be the go to guy? Watkins? Or Woods?I got #1 overall next year. PPR.
Keenan Allen would be my pick there. I'm a Pac-12 homer and I think he's a better pro prospect than Woods.
You would be wrong.....again.
I haven't watched a lot of Allen, but I find it hard to believe I could move anyone above Woods in the WR group for next year.
It's close. They're both stars in the making. Unless some clarity emerges at RB I may look at this class similarly as 2011. The top 2 players on my board being WR's. They're the only reason I'm not willing to move the 2013 #1 I currently hold. It's another owners and I think his team may struggle.

Says the guy who just drank the Woods Kool-Aid.Allen had more yards in the same conference with a vastly inferior QB and supporting cast. I've seen both guys play several times. I've even seen them both live. Woods is good. Fast and productive. Allen is also good. He was the best player on Cal's team as a true freshman.They'll both probably be first round picks. I like Allen a little more. Having said that, I think he's a "soft" #1. I don't see a Richardson/Blackmon type of player in this rookie crop. I would've taken those guys in the top 3-4 rounds of a dynasty startup last year. Maybe higher for Richardson. This year I only had Allen tabbed as a 6th-7th rounder. I don't see a can't-miss star in the 2013 class yet.
Says the guy who is constantly getting his behind handed to him in dynasty leagues. For someone that claims to know so much about prospects, it doesn't seem to show up in the leagues I'm in with you.ETA: Watch Blackmon bust compared to his hype.

Says the guy who just drank the Woods Kool-Aid.Allen had more yards in the same conference with a vastly inferior QB and supporting cast. I've seen both guys play several times. I've even seen them both live. Woods is good. Fast and productive. Allen is also good. He was the best player on Cal's team as a true freshman.They'll both probably be first round picks. I like Allen a little more. Having said that, I think he's a "soft" #1. I don't see a Richardson/Blackmon type of player in this rookie crop. I would've taken those guys in the top 3-4 rounds of a dynasty startup last year. Maybe higher for Richardson. This year I only had Allen tabbed as a 6th-7th rounder. I don't see a can't-miss star in the 2013 class yet.
Says the guy who is constantly getting his behind handed to him in dynasty leagues. For someone that claims to know so much about prospects, it doesn't seem to show up in the leagues I'm in with you.ETA: Watch Blackmon bust compared to his hype.
ouch. blackmon is overrated as a pro prospect imo.

I'm trying to give up that pick for him now.. I'm crushing, for he moment...

Says the guy who is constantly getting his behind handed to him in dynasty leagues. For someone that claims to know so much about prospects, it doesn't seem to show up in the leagues I'm in with you.
How many leagues am I in with you? One? Might want to double check my teams in HA1 and HA4. I did okay. ;)Let's see how we fare in this new one. I think you've got one of the weakest rosters in the league.

Justin Hunter & Da'Rick Rogers, Tennessee.Hunter is an A.J. Green / Randy Moss type receiver. Hunter will be coming back in 2012 from an ACL tear so I'm curious to see how he looks compared to pre-injury. He was down right sick in 2010 and early 2011, pretty much unstoppable. Da'Rick is more Anquan Boldin / Greg Little type. Da'Rick is one of those frustrating players that drops the easiest balls, but then makes some insane catches and is very physical after the catch. He dominated Honey Badger this year in Neyland after the punk talked smack all week about how he would hold DR catch less.Don't roast me. I am not saying these two are as good or will have the same careers as those pros I compared them to, just giving you some insight to their game.
True freshman WR Malcolm Mitchell (6-1 184) at UGA is better than either of those guys. Watch for him vs Mich St. Jan 2. He was an elite prospect at DB before switching to WR his senior year, where he was dominant. Along with true soph LB Alec Ogletree, he's at the top of the (long) NFL prospect list at UGA.
Ha haHa

Says the guy who is constantly getting his behind handed to him in dynasty leagues. For someone that claims to know so much about prospects, it doesn't seem to show up in the leagues I'm in with you.
How many leagues am I in with you? One? Might want to double check my teams in HA1 and HA4. I did okay. ;)Let's see how we fare in this new one. I think you've got one of the weakest rosters in the league.
Actually you're in 3 leagues with me and I don't recall you ever winning in the two Hyper Active leagues (HA1 and HA3). I have a title in HA1 and a runner-up in HA3 and I won my division in both this year and I did win 3 dynasty leagues this year. I'm just saying, for someone who claims to know everything about prospects, it hasn't translated to your fantasy teams that I know of. Also, you have both Blackmon and Crabtree on your team in the league we just joined and I think you will regret that. I do like two of your WRs in Green and Nicks. My team is weak in current WRs (only Wallace so far in the draft), but I do have Sammy Watkins and Robert Woods coming up in the next 2 years. I like my RBs more than yours by a large margin and your QB (Schaub) isn't anything to write home about. Look, when you start posts with "Says the guy who just drank the Woods Kool-Aid", you're going to get a factual response in return.

Actually you're in 3 leagues with me and I don't recall you ever winning in the two Hyper Active leagues (HA1 and HA3). I have a title in HA1 and a runner-up in HA3 and I won my division in both this year and I did win 3 dynasty leagues this year. I'm just saying, for someone who claims to know everything about prospects, it hasn't translated to your fantasy teams that I know of. Also, you have both Blackmon and Crabtree on your team in the league we just joined and I think you will regret that. I do like two of your WRs in Green and Nicks. My team is weak in current WRs (only Wallace so far in the draft), but I do have Sammy Watkins and Robert Woods coming up in the next 2 years. I like my RBs more than yours by a large margin and your QB (Schaub) isn't anything to write home about. Look, when you start posts with "Says the guy who just drank the Woods Kool-Aid", you're going to get a factual response in return.
'My team is better than your team! So there!'The Shark Pool deserves better than this.

'My team is better than your team! So there!'The Shark Pool deserves better than this.
Mark, you're right, it does. I apologize for my rant, but when he posted, "Says the guy...." BS, I couldn't resist.

:goodposting:

'JohnnyU said:
'identikit said:
'JohnnyU said:
'EBF said:
'JohnnyU said:
'EBF said:
Mark, you're right, it does. I apologize for my rant, but when he posted, "Says the guy...." BS, I couldn't resist.
Bet you wish you coulda just cleared the chat like you normally do after a rant, huh?

Users who are viewing this thread