What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (5 Viewers)

So Kelce. Obviously he’s TE1 and a stud but where is his value at for a contender? At 29 years old is he worth the same (or more) as guys like Corey Davis, Golladay, etc? 

What could I expect in return for Robert Woods?
I got him for RoJo, Tre’Quan (pre breakout game) a 2nd and 3rd.  Felt a little light but I’m not complaining.  He’s a tough one for me to buy so I’m glad I got him for what I did.  Doesn’t fit my qualifications for true #1 but he’s a really good WR3 at worst probably.

DJ Moore?  Funchess and Olsen potentially gone next year and his metrics are off the chart.
Said it before, but he has a chance to be a special player.

Not sure about his pure receiving skills, but he's an out-of-this-world athlete. 

How are you guys valuing Tyrell Williams? I feel like he can become an awesome WR3 if he lands in a favorable spot next year.
I'd consider trading a 3rd for him if I needed 2019 WR help. He's got some upside, but I don't think anyone should expect "awesome WR3" next year. If it was then I'd be willing to pay more than a 3rd. If you're a believer in his talent then now is the time to buy. With his landing spot up in the air, his value will be depressed. But if he were to land in a good spot, people will be asking more. The risk is of course that he lands somewhere awful or even re-signs with the Chargers. Despite 5 TDs in 10 games, he's still only WR41 on a ppg basis in 1ppr. 

I explored his potential landing spots in this post.

What could I expect in return for Robert Woods?
He's 26 and a solid WR2. I think you should expect at least a mid-1st for him. I would not sell for that.

Price check on Funchess? I'd imagine his situation has to be better on another team. He's got good, but not great talent, right? Solid WR3?

Currently own woods in a rebuild and wouldn’t move him for either of those deals, so good job. 

Considering trying to pry a Moore/Sutton/Ridley type away from a contender who needs reliable points now. Otherwise (barring packaging him plus for someone like juju or a young rb) I’m probably holding

Lamar Jackson, 12 team, 1 qb leagues

time to sell or HODL?
one huge "depends".

Who is/are your other QB(s)? That would absolutely be a critical factor when we all know that 1QB dynasty leagues really have super low QB value.

one huge "depends".

Who is/are your other QB(s)? That would absolutely be a critical factor when we all know that 1QB dynasty leagues really have super low QB value.
Wentz, Dalton, Carr

Was offered a 1st from a playoff team, could be anywhere from 9-12th. I took it. The pick will be worth way more during draft fever time, but having other capable qbs doesnt hurt either when making that decision

Wentz, Dalton, Carr

Was offered a 1st from a playoff team, could be anywhere from 9-12th. I took it. The pick will be worth way more during draft fever time, but having other capable qbs doesnt hurt either when making that decision
Yeah. Looks like a good trade with Wentz on your roster. I’m sure you drafted him after the 1st round this year, so you definitely got a good return on that investment. 

(I did a similar thing with Mayfield for 2019 1st after Mayfield’s first hit game, that turned my 3rd round pick into a 1st rounder. Winning! ;)  )

Yeah. Looks like a good trade with Wentz on your roster. I’m sure you drafted him after the 1st round this year, so you definitely got a good return on that investment. 

(I did a similar thing with Mayfield for 2019 1st after Mayfield’s first hit game, that turned my 3rd round pick into a 1st rounder. Winning! ;)  )
You can usually trade a second on the current draft for a first the next year. Seems like breaking even.

So Kelce. Obviously he’s TE1 and a stud but where is his value at for a contender? At 29 years old is he worth the same (or more) as guys like Corey Davis, Golladay, etc? 
Yeah, I'm putting Kelce pretty comfortably above both those guys. I'm just not a fan of the Titans offense in regards to WRs/TEs. Seems too run/Mariota oriented.

Golladay could be good, but he's still young, inconsistent, and Jones will eat into his value as long as he's there. Plus there's the threat with how good Kerryon has looked they could go to a more balanced attack.

You already have a proven commodity with Kelce with a proven, consistent workload, and he'll beast for another 3 or 4 years as far as I'm concerned.

You can usually trade a second on the current draft for a first the next year. Seems like breaking even.
In a vacuum, sure. But in this case, a rookie, non-slam-dunk QB traded for next year’s first rounder and a chance at an RB or WR...I’ll take that as a value upgrade every single time. 

Last edited by a moderator:
EBF said:
Said it before, but he has a chance to be a special player.

Not sure about his pure receiving skills, but he's an out-of-this-world athlete. 
I watch the Panthers play every week and he looks special after the catch to me. The only other long term target hog I see on the team currently is McCaffrey. I wish I had made some offers on Moore before his recent big game.

Yea, you and me both. I was going to offer Cook for him, but I'm a contender in that league and thought Cook would be more useful in the playoffs. 

Now I wish I'd made the offer. 

Window to buy Moore is probably closing quickly, as the dynasty WR landscape isn't great and he's a promising young talent. 

Jordan Howard... Despite not catching many passes, RB8 and RB14 in his first two years, not being used as heavily or as effective in the new offense, but only 24 and may not even be stuck in Chicago next year. I know his value has plummeted, but how low is it in terms of rookie picks? Is he a buy low or a stay away?

Currently own woods in a rebuild and wouldn’t move him for either of those deals, so good job. 

Considering trying to pry a Moore/Sutton/Ridley type away from a contender who needs reliable points now. Otherwise (barring packaging him plus for someone like juju or a young rb) I’m probably holding
Update: just moved Woods straight up to a contender for Sutton. Not sure how I feel about it yet. My team is stacked with WR2 types and I was looking for upside

Jordan Howard... Despite not catching many passes, RB8 and RB14 in his first two years, not being used as heavily or as effective in the new offense, but only 24 and may not even be stuck in Chicago next year. I know his value has plummeted, but how low is it in terms of rookie picks? Is he a buy low or a stay away?
HOLD if you have him (which I do in 1 of my dynasty leagues). In leagues I don’t own him, I guess I might try to buy low if my number of keepers was higher but I basically play in 3 FFPC-style leagues (ie. Between 13 and 16 keepers). 

HOLD if you have him (which I do in 1 of my dynasty leagues). In leagues I don’t own him, I guess I might try to buy low if my number of keepers was higher but I basically play in 3 FFPC-style leagues (ie. Between 13 and 16 keepers). 
So what is it thats a fair offer at this point for him? Whats a low offer?

Bad timing for an off year since this is such a high scoring year overall.  And last year he was aided by it being an abnormally low scoring year overall.  Even his PPG from last year would only make him RB24 this year.

So what is it thats a fair offer at this point for him? Whats a low offer?
In non-PPR, I guess a high 2nd would be ok but, yeah, his stats his first couple of years make we want to hold him unless I’m really deep at RB, then I’d take a 2nd. In the league where I own Howard, he’s my RB3 behind Zeke and Bell, so I kind of have to hold him 😐 

I'm working on some "projected end of year dynasty rankings" and I'm pretty sold with him at WR4 (Nuk, MT, OBJ).  
So if he ends the year WR1 with Mahomes throwing to him the next 6-7 years you still won't move him ahead of those 3? Thanks for the response!

So if he ends the year WR1 with Mahomes throwing to him the next 6-7 years you still won't move him ahead of those 3? Thanks for the response!
Nope.  It honestly won’t matter what his stats are the rest of the year to me.  He’s a gimmicky pretty good WR tied to a great QB for his future.  The others are great WRs that can dominate in more areas of the field, although some more QB questions, they can transcend a poor QB (see OBJ or Nuk over their careers so far), so I view them a little safer.   

Nope.  It honestly won’t matter what his stats are the rest of the year to me.  He’s a gimmicky pretty good WR tied to a great QB for his future.  The others are great WRs that can dominate in more areas of the field, although some more QB questions, they can transcend a poor QB (see OBJ or Nuk over their careers so far), so I view them a little safer.   
What makes Hill “gimmicky”? He may have started out that way but is used as a purely traditional WR now.

ETA: that’s not to say you’re wrong in how you rank those guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dr. Octopus said:
What makes Hill “gimmicky”? He may have started out that way but is used as a purely traditional WR now.

ETA: that’s not to say you’re wrong in how you rank those guys.
Maybe gimmicky was the wrong word, but I like my WR's used in a possession type of way more with the splash plays mixed in.  He seems to be the reverse of that, which I think is relatively volatile.  He's used down the field a lot and with his speed and his QB, he makes it work, but there's less of these "safe" types of throws to him.  He's very similar to Hilton to me, where when it's all said and done, I don't see how they can consistently be ranked in the top5 or so WR's.  The caveat to that might be since they both have stellar QB's that love pushing the ball downfield so that's what gave Hilton a chance a couple years ago, and what gives Tyreek a chance right now.  

What 2019 rookie pick would you give up to get Sony Michel in a 12 team PPR dynasty league and what pick would you need to give up Michel?

What 2019 rookie pick would you give up to get Sony Michel in a 12 team PPR dynasty league and what pick would you need to give up Michel?
I'd give up any 1st pretty much as long as I was ok at WR.  The top picks in 2019 aren't going to be RB's and Sony is a better player than all of them right now.  You'd have to compare him to one of the top WR's coming out and I think he'd be more valuable than any WR coming out based on how deep both positions are.  

I'd give up any 1st pretty much as long as I was ok at WR.  The top picks in 2019 aren't going to be RB's and Sony is a better player than all of them right now.  You'd have to compare him to one of the top WR's coming out and I think he'd be more valuable than any WR coming out based on how deep both positions are.  
Thanks for the reply. I'm a Hunt owner with little else at RB. At WR I have Michael Thomas, Cooks, and a number of other middling WRs and young WRs. I'm looking at having the 4th - 6th pick in 2019 and wondering which RBs I might be able to get for a pick in that range. Michel is one that has been discussed during the season.

Any dynasty deals for Kareem Hunt out there?

I was offered Hunt, Gronk, Rudolph and a #1 Rookie Pick (#13 next year) for Kelce and MBrown (other owner has Gurley).

I rejected the offer. Just skiddish if Hunt doesn't play and Gronk retires.

Just curious if Hunt owners are dealing him or sitting on him.  

How do people view Hayden Hurst vs Mark Andrews?  Andrews has looked better and better each week it seems, but Andrews gets more looks.  They both have relatively good pedigree, but that TE group is a revolving door for snaps.  Is it just that simple of a dart throw, pick a guy and hope it works out?  

Zyphros said:
If history has taught us anything, it;s that you are wrong. I'd guess 3 of top 6 picks will be RBs. Anyone that KC drafts will be #1. Situation may kill the value of a WR (anyone Buf. drafts), and as much as people are trumpeting this class, it's not like there's 5 Calvin Johnson's coming out this year.  

I like both Baltimore TEs and don't think it has to be an either-or. They can coexist.

Andrews has quietly had a strong season for a rookie TE and it looks as though his game will translate to this level.

Hurst is a great athlete and we've seen glimmers of that, but his injury slowed down his impact for this season.

I felt like both guys offered great value at the preseason dynasty ADP. Without having current ADP info handy, I'm not sure if that's still the case, but I'm still optimistic about both players.

BearsFan4Life said:

I was offered Hunt, Gronk, Rudolph and a #1 Rookie Pick (#13 next year) for Kelce and MBrown (other owner has Gurley).

That's just a bunch of garbage for Kelce. 

If history has taught us anything, it;s that you are wrong. I'd guess 3 of top 6 picks will be RBs. Anyone that KC drafts will be #1. Situation may kill the value of a WR (anyone Buf. drafts), and as much as people are trumpeting this class, it's not like there's 5 Calvin Johnson's coming out this year.  
Let me re-phrase.  Sony is safer and arguably better than ANY RB in the 2019 class.  

How do people view Hayden Hurst vs Mark Andrews?  Andrews has looked better and better each week it seems, but Andrews gets more looks.  They both have relatively good pedigree, but that TE group is a revolving door for snaps.  Is it just that simple of a dart throw, pick a guy and hope it works out?  
I assume one of these is a typo?

Neither guy is getting very many targets, so it's really hard to say which is better, especially as rookies.

BearsFan4Life said:

I was offered Dion Lewis for Hunt and a 2020 1st.

I passed.

Users who are viewing this thread