What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (15 Viewers)

What would you be comfortable paying for a 31 y/o McKinnon in a 12 team PPR, start 10, no K, no D/ST SF league?
Future 3rd. You're paying hoping for spot starts. I saw somewhere that Pacheco had 0 red-zone or 3rd down targets. Don't know if that's accurate but McKinnon's role doesn't seem much different for this upcoming season.
I was thinking between a late 3rd & early 4th

He’s a 1-year rental/spot start guy

And yeah - same thought on his usage, though Pacheco got a little more love down the stretch in receiving.

I’m still not ruling out KC as a potential Cook landing spot when the dust settles.
I don't see him as a spot starter necessarily. You never really know when he will break one to be worthwhile so you are likely not playing him when he scores enough to be useful. He is the type of guy you resort to in season if everything goes wrong and you are desperate. If you are getting him now what is your RB room like and who are you dropping to give him a roster spot? That matters in this equation.

What would you be comfortable paying for a 31 y/o McKinnon in a 12 team PPR, start 10, no K, no D/ST SF league?
Future 3rd. You're paying hoping for spot starts. I saw somewhere that Pacheco had 0 red-zone or 3rd down targets. Don't know if that's accurate but McKinnon's role doesn't seem much different for this upcoming season.
I was thinking between a late 3rd & early 4th

He’s a 1-year rental/spot start guy

And yeah - same thought on his usage, though Pacheco got a little more love down the stretch in receiving.

I’m still not ruling out KC as a potential Cook landing spot when the dust settles.
I don't see him as a spot starter necessarily. You never really know when he will break one to be worthwhile so you are likely not playing him when he scores enough to be useful. He is the type of guy you resort to in season if everything goes wrong and you are desperate. If you are getting him now what is your RB room like and who are you dropping to give him a roster spot? That matters in this equation.
A-men brother Bill

I don’t disagree with any of this.

Was considering making an offer in my league where I have Bijan, ETN, AJD, Mattison and a whole bunch of scrubs

I actually wouldn’t need to drop anyone as I have a couple of open bench spots.

I ended up not making an offer though - I was just looking at him as emergency depth / potential mid-season trade add-on to flip after a big performance

In regards to McKinnon - I’m a fan of his for this year. Following the Chiefs bye in week 8 he saw a whopping 51 targets in the receiving game, turning 7 of them into TDs. I don’t know for sure but I’m guessing those targets were close to being second on the team after Kelce during that stretch. None of their current WRs keep me from believing that he won’t see similar usage this upcoming season. Pacheco doesn’t offer anything in the passing game.

Edit: in the one league where I have him I’m thankful that he returned to KC. I have Jacobs locked into one spot but a revolving door at the second spot and I won’t be surprised if it’s occupied by Jerrick for most of the season. Guy won me or was a part of helping me win several games late last year, accumulating 109.75 total pts over the final 5.

Last edited:
Waaay too much
I’d be unlikely to pay a 3rd. Better to draft a 3rd round RB who’s ~10 years younger.

But I could see paying a mid-4th for the 1-year rental if one needed RB depth & was in a win-now window.

That’s about where the rookie pick < McKinnon
As a contender, I wouldn't give him up for a 4th. I'd need a 3rd or better package to let him go. 4ths and to a lesser extent 3rds are jist slightly better than dart throws and I'd rather have his production than that.

If I'm rebuilding, then sure. A 3rd/4th might give me another warm body to fill out the roster during the lean times.

Dynasty startup IDP PPR SF
1.01 + 5.16 + 9.16
for
1.07 + 2.10 + 11.10

Would you do it? Multi-tier drop-off from Mahomes to [TLaw/Fields] but that extra 2nd tho. :wub:

1.01 + 5.16 + 9.16
for
1.07 + 2.10 + 11.10

Would you do it? Multi-tier drop-off from Mahomes to [TLaw/Fields] but that extra 2nd tho. :wub:

I feel like this is like that other thread where I was saying the team trading up in startup drafts usually wins once you plug the players in.

1.07+2.10 for 1.01+5.16 SOUNDS good.

If you plug in the players via ADP is Lawrence+Kelce for Mahomes+MIles Sanders which seems like a terrible return for Mahomes.

Granted you don't have to take Kelce and guys like Olave or Tua would be there but still seems awfully light to downgrade from Mahomes to Lawrence.

1.01 + 5.16 + 9.16
for
1.07 + 2.10 + 11.10

I feel like this is like that other thread where I was saying the team trading up in startup drafts usually wins once you plug the players in.

1.07+2.10 for 1.01+5.16 SOUNDS good.

If you plug in the players via ADP is Lawrence+Kelce for Mahomes+MIles Sanders which seems like a terrible return for Mahomes.

Granted you don't have to take Kelce and guys like Olave or Tua would be there but still seems awfully light to downgrade from Mahomes to Lawrence.
What if it was 1.01 + 7.16 + 9.16
For 1.07 + 2.10 + 12.10?

What about adding their ‘24 1st and my 24 2nd?

That 7.16 is also a pretty sweet spot for IDP. So’s 9.16 now that I think about it.

ETA what sort of offer would you consider for the 1.0Mahomes?

gah. Maybe I’ll just take Mahomes. You make an excellent point.

I can also draft, then trade Mahomes after the draft I guess. Not like he’ll lose value. Might could get a couple players I like + future picks. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Last edited:
The owners who are always making changes I think are more likely to become impatient and sell for something new than the draft and hold type of owners.
Most of those owners are bottom feeders.

I haven't kept most of my picks because they tend to be overvalued. Sometimes they pan out but even then the player taken often doesn't live up to the price paid. Just as one example of when the best case still looks good for the trader of the pick, I traded the 1.01 last year (Gurley) for Mike Evans two days before the draft. (Wasn't my pick) I got blasted for that trade.
I went ahead and took Mahomes.

Appreciate the advice from SP.

In the fever of the draft that extra 2nd (Waddle/ARSB/Smith) sounds sexy and all, but teams 5-6-7 didn’t want to trade up, and teams 14-15 were making offers, but then I’d be moving way past where I wanted to go.

Sometimes the best deals are the ones you don’t make. :shrug:

I picked him up pretty late in Dynasty drafts. He's definitely a nice piece. Are you trading for him or drafting?
Was considering dealing for him, but manager is new to the league & new to dynasty so overvaluing a 31 y/o on a 1 year deal.

I didn’t need the depth so bad as to overpay for a rental.

I picked him up pretty late in Dynasty drafts. He's definitely a nice piece. Are you trading for him or drafting?
Was considering dealing for him, but manager is new to the league & new to dynasty so overvaluing a 31 y/o on a 1 year deal.

I think he's definitely worth a later round pick. He's going catch at least 4 balls a game for them. We have 7 round drafts and I picked him up mid 5th. I'm pretty happy with that (12 teams).

I think he's definitely worth a later round pick. He's going catch at least 4 balls a game for them. We have 7 round drafts and I picked him up mid 5th. I'm pretty happy with that (12 teams).
I agree. But the new owner doesn’t want later picks.

And bonus, he has like 11 RB.

He’s a hoarder.

The worst part: I invited him to the league when the prior team owner bounced.
:doh:

He’s a hoarder.

I wouldn't give up too much then. He's more of a luxury, not a necessity.

He’s a hoarder.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

- Jerry Seinfeld

Who are you targeting with that pick?
BPA, but hoping for Dak, Lamb, AJB, ( 🤢) Watson - basically a QB2 or WR1. Maybe even pick 1.0Bijan if it’s there. Any are worth a future 1st+ IMO. Any player I’ve looked at in that range is one I’d pay that for outside of the draft.

But it does violate that cardinal sin of dealing one’s future 1st during a start-up. If I can get back into the 1st though I think it’s a big competitive advantage to pick at 1, 15 & 32 & 48 as opposed to 1, 32 & 48.
I also assume that next year and beyond picks are just rookie players?
Yes, 2024 picks & beyond are rookies

Last edited:
K, this is not a drill.

16 team SF IDP PP TE-P

I give
3.16, 8.01, 2024 1st, 2024 2nd

I get
1.15, 25.15

Would you do it? We’re at pick 7. I have no idea who’s going to be there.

I’d still have 2.16 & 4.01

The 3rd is basically a 4th (last pick in the round) and this is about the only way I land a 2nd QB or a top 5 WR.

Would you do it?

And now I have an offer for pick 7.
😬

It’s a lot

What would be the net of dealing the 7 and then moving back up for the 15.

And if this the Mahomes league or a different one?
The Mahomes league.

I declined to deal for the 1.07. It was just too much.

2.16, 4.01, 6.01, ‘24 1st, 24 2nd

For 1.07, 9.10, 13.10

It’s a full IDP, and TE-P.

To me it broke down like 2.16 = WR1-2, 4.01 = TE1 or WR2, 6.01 = elite IDP option
Plus a 241st & 2nd

Sure, maybe I can turn the 9+13 into a 7th but I’m still overpaying by ~30% on the deal, and hamstringing my draft too much for comfort.

Gonna try to deal that future 1st for a mid-to-late 2nd.

$1 in blind bid money.
The post so nice you quoted it twice?

Cmon - $1? He’s got enough PPR juice to be a BYE week filler.

Was considering throwing a 5th at him, but not sure the owner will go for that.

*cracks fortune cookie*

“Don’t try to fill bye weeks in May”

*crunch crunch crunch*

I do like McKinnon because he has real value when on the field IMO. Just depends on what type of team I have as to what I’d pay. For instance, I have a loaded squad where he’d slide in as anywhere from RB 2-4. But that team is so good I only need him during the playoffs and I have no idea whether he will matter come weeks 15-17 as we sit here today. I’d spend a 3rd in theory right now but I’d rather wait and make sure I spend that on someone who can help me win at that point. I’d rather overpay with a 2nd in late November than a 3rd in May if that’s what it comes to.

Kinda cross posting -
Jakobi Meyers is being slept on. He's a much better real world wr2 finally not drawing top cbs, has a qb who loves to check down, can play all over the formation, and slides right into a situation where he already knows the system. Could easily see him with a high weekly floor finding his way into the top 20 ppr wrs.

Edit - more research, he's currently wr 50 on fantasy pros after finishing last year at 29 (and coincidently wr 29 in ppf receiving) while playing through injuries.

Last edited:
Kinda cross posting -
Jakobi Meyers is being slept on. He's a much better real world wr2 finally not drawing top cbs, has a qb who loves to check down, can play all over the formation, and slides right into a situation where he already knows the system. Could easily see him with a high weekly floor finding his way into the top 20 ppr wrs.

Edit - more research, he's currently wr 50 on fantasy pros after finishing last year at 29 (and coincidently wr 29 in ppf receiving) while playing through injuries.
Jacobi Meyers is like Broccoli, you know he could be good for you, but you hate it anyway and take as little of it as you can get away with.

In my 16 team startup (Full IDP, PPR SF TE-P) I have this in my inbox waiting for acceptance:

Dak + 20.14 for 2.16+4.01+2023 3rd

If I do this, I’d have Mahomes+Dak+Lamb, but wouldn’t pick until 5.16/6.01

I was planning on TE at 4.01 and IDP at 5/6 turn. Losing those picks is tough.

Man this is a tough call. 😬

Help!
Absolutely not.
As in, do not do that

In my 16 team startup (Full IDP, PPR SF TE-P) I have this in my inbox waiting for acceptance:

Dak + 20.14 for 2.16+4.01+2023 3rd

If I do this, I’d have Mahomes+Dak+Lamb, but wouldn’t pick until 5.16/6.01

I was planning on TE at 4.01 and IDP at 5/6 turn. Losing those picks is tough.

Man this is a tough call. 😬

Help!
Absolutely not.
As in, do not do that
I’ve decided it’s too much.

That said, 2.04 is tempting to deal for wiTH AJB stil on the board.

Kinda cross posting -

Jacobi Meyers is like Broccoli, you know he could be good for you, but you hate it anyway and take as little of it as you can get away with.
😂 That is so true!

Kinda cross posting -

What a great analogy. Time to eat your broccoli everyone!

Kinda cross posting -

What about Rookie TE Mayer taking the short route targets? Yeah, Rookie TEs take time but Mayer is a mature player and can do all the route tree maneuvers needed to make an impact.
Meyers & Mayers => Spell check nightmare
I like Meyers but NEP OC was a disaster and LVR are little better. If they utilize their skill players, potential is there

Is there a big gap between Young and Stroud in Superflex? If so, what's the gap?

I personally believe there is. Young looks and feels the part. I'm not sold on Stroud.

Is there a big gap between Young and Stroud in Superflex? If so, what's the gap?

I personally believe there is. Young looks and feels the part. I'm not sold on Stroud.
Stroud looks the part. Young feels the part.

If you could put Young’s brain into Stroud’s body you’d have one hell of a QB.

That said, Stroud’s Peach Bowl game looked legit AF, and I still think he’s going to be a solid pro who might just suck at video game tests.

Young is amazing but I’d be holding my breath every time he gets hit.

Jakobi Meyers is being slept on

Traded him and Gerald Everett for David Njoku at the end of the year this year when I needed a TE desperately. I'd always coveted Njoku.

I think Adams is going to draw a lot of targets, though, so I'd temper expectations on Meyers. Not sure what Jimmy G brings to the equation. I'm not sure he's even a checkdown guy, despite popular sentiments to the contrary.

I think Adams is going to draw a lot of targets, though, so i'd temper expectations on Meyers. Not sure what Jimmy G brings to the equation. I'm not sure he's even a checkdown guy, despite popular sentiments to the contrary.
He’s not, but he is a tight end guy. It’s a good observation - JimmyG is more of a “call what the coach drew up” guy. He makes his reads, but from what I’ve seen, he will sometimes force it into coverage rather than check down to the open receiver. Many of those “oh no what is you doing, Jimmy?!” Ints are the direct result.

I think Adams is going to draw a lot of targets, though, so i'd temper expectations on Meyers. Not sure what Jimmy G brings to the equation. I'm not sure he's even a checkdown guy, despite popular sentiments to the contrary.
He’s not, but he is a tight end guy. It’s a good observation - JimmyG is more of a “call what the coach drew up” guy. He makes his reads, but from what I’ve seen, he will sometimes force it into coverage rather than check down to the open receiver. Many of those “oh no what is you doing, Jimmy?!” Ints are the direct result.
If you look at Kittle's numbers for his career with Jimmy G and without he's better without. With - 227 catches, 2888 yards (about 13ypc), 16 tds, in 45 games he started. Without - 149 catches, 2049 yards (about 13.75 ypc), 18 tds, in 29 games.

He does however make a handful of bone headed "what are you doing???" throws a game, and I can see him fluttering a bunch of balls into double coverage trying to hit Adams. You also need to remember, Adams would completely disappear from the game plan for long stretches of time last season for Mack Hollins because McDumbass is a terrible coach and thinks he's got galaxy brain.

If you look at Kittle's numbers for his career with Jimmy G and without he's better without. With - 227 catches, 2888 yards (about 13ypc), 16 tds, in 45 games he started. Without - 149 catches, 2049 yards (about 13.75 ypc), 18 tds, in 29 games.

That’s nuts - I never woulda guessed that. Just seemed to have a knack for the big play with Kittle.

Come to think of it I frequently remember asking out loud, “keep doing that! Why aren’t you throwing to little more when it works like that?!” so I guess that’s checks out.
He does however make a handful of bone headed "what are you doing???" throws a game, and I can see him fluttering a bunch of balls into double coverage trying to hit Adams. You also need to remember, Adams would completely disappear from the game plan for long stretches of time last season for Mack Hollins because McDumbass is a terrible coach and thinks he's got galaxy brain.
Spot on here too.

Thought this might be the best place to ask, does FBG have dynasty startup ADP? If not, any suggestions where to get it? I have a superflex startup beginning Tuesday. Thx,

Users who are viewing this thread