What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (2 Viewers)

What’s a good value for Javonte Williams? I offered Tyaje Spears and a mid 2nd for him too a rebuilding team and the guy countered with Tyaje Spears and an early 1st, which I laughed at. Long term I’m not sure if there is that much value difference and Spears and a 2nd seem fair. Thoughts?
Wanting an early 1st for Javonte is wild
I sure don't think so. I
When I hear early 1st I’m thinking Williams, Maye or Marvin. All of those guys are going to be worth considerably more than Javonte next year.

How valuable should Zach Moss be to a Jonathon Taylor owner?

I don’t have a lot of assets to give - but as a JT owner, I feel a little bit naked without Moss heading into the playoffs.

Thoughts on Christian Watson?

… I feel like he went from a slam dunk prospect, to almost nothing this year.

Would feelings be hurt if someone offered you a ‘24 2nd for him? That’s pretty much getting your investment back - the hype probably exceeded the investment, but the bottom has fallen out

Would feelings be hurt if someone offered you a ‘24 2nd for him? That’s pretty much getting your investment back - the hype probably exceeded the investment, but the bottom has fallen out
Watson is a hold for me. He has demonstratable skill and athleticism. I'd like to see a year or two more of Love/Watson rapport before I make a judgment. To answer your question, no. A 24 2nd doesn't move the needle for me, but I'm probably more of a Watson stan than most on here.

I don’t have a lot of assets to give - but as a JT owner, I feel a little bit naked without Moss heading into the playoffs.
I own Taylor in 1 league and would like to have Moss, but the problem is that he's worth more than a handcuff so I've had a hard time coming up with a deal that works for both of us.

I own Taylor in 1 league and would like to have Moss, but the problem is that he's worth more than a handcuff so I've had a hard time coming up with a deal that works for both of us.
Was able to get him for an early 4th last night, fwiw. Had to spice up the deal with a few auction bucks - but well worth it.

We have a rookie draft, and then an auction draft each year for FA’s and RFA’s.

Watson is a hold for me. He has demonstratable skill and athleticism. I'd like to see a year or two more of Love/Watson rapport before I make a judgment. To answer your question, no. A 24 2nd doesn't move the needle for me, but I'm probably more of a Watson stan than most on here.
I would be surprised if you get another year of Love and shocked if you get two.

Was able to get him for an early 4th last night, fwiw. Had to spice up the deal with a few auction bucks - but well worth it.

Moss for a 4th is a steal. A mid-third might not even do it in some cases but a mid 2nd is probably too much.

Value is probably somewhere in the middle depending on league size/settings etc. Late 2nd or early third is probably where the value is.

Moss for a 4th is a steal. A mid-third might not even do it in some cases but a mid 2nd is probably too much.

Value is probably somewhere in the middle depending on league size/settings etc. Late 2nd or early third is probably where the value is.
I wouldn't give him up for less than a 2. He's a proven, league winner should something happen to Taylor. Probably the best handcuff in the league.

What’s a good value for Javonte Williams? I offered Tyaje Spears and a mid 2nd for him too a rebuilding team and the guy countered with Tyaje Spears and an early 1st, which I laughed at. Long term I’m not sure if there is that much value difference and Spears and a 2nd seem fair. Thoughts?
I sure don't think so. I
When I hear early 1st I’m thinking Williams, Maye or Marvin. All of those guys are going to be worth considerably more than Javonte next year.
Not in a start 1 QB league, I am struggling to think of anyone I would value more than JW outside of Harrison Jr in a start 1QB. There's a few more 1st round WR's coming out and Bowers (I don't play in TE premium leagues though) but I'd say those are all iffy that I would prefer at this point.

I sure don't think so. I
Not in a start 1 QB league, I am struggling to think of anyone I would value more than JW outside of Harrison Jr in a start 1QB. There's a few more 1st round WR's coming out and Bowers (I don't play in TE premium leagues though) but I'd say those are all iffy that I would prefer at this point.
SF league sorry

I wouldn't give him up for less than a 2. He's a proven, league winner should something happen to Taylor. Probably the best handcuff in the league.
Thing about Moss is he will be a FA and 27 next year. Maybe that has value if you think he land a starting spot somewhere in the offseason, but he likely has limited time even as Taylor's handcuff.

I sure don't think so. I
SF league sorry
Ahh, makes more sense then. Definitely some valuable QB's coming out as you mentioned.

Roschon Johnson .. Anything here or a JAG?

Was discussing trading Aaron Jones for him where he is a contender, got delayed enough so ended up going for Keaton Mitchell instead. Even if he is not just a guy, I think that situation through his rookie contract is muddy enough that I'm not sure you can ever realise decent value and he may well end up just clogging the roster

14 owners 35 man IDP Flex league
Must start 1 qb but can start 2
4 pts for a TD
6 pts for a rushing TD
-2 int
.05 pt for passing yard (20 yards =1pt)
Top qb's are averaging 27 pts a game
Only 12 average more than 20 pts

Injuries are getting to me by sitting 2nd and 1st for most points by 150
lost Rogers and now Watson only have Carr left

these qb's that might be available. I am willing to trade my 2024 and 2025 picks for a qb. for my 1st i would prefer more than a year rental though
How would you rank them

O'Connell
Stafford/Wentz
Dobbs
Thompson-Robinson
R Wilson
Mayfield
G Smith

I offered my 2024 and 2025 1st for herbet to start but got no response for context

Stafford/Wentz 16.8 pts a game, ranked 23rd - my only big negative is i would need 2 spots on my roster as I dont trust stafford's health
Dobbs 19.2 pts a game av, ranked 15th - he is young and putting up points , but I don't know where he will be next year -- if i had to i would give up my 1st for him
R Wilson 19 pts a game, ranked 17 -- putting up points now , his age but i do think i would get 1-2 more years from him but it might not be in denver -- i would give up a 1st
Mayfield 19 pts a game, ranked 18th -- I drafted him and traded him a couple of years ago. Inconsistent and no idea if he will be a starter next year
G Smith 17.1 pts a game, ranked 21 pts a game - age but i think you could get 1 more year from him

The players that i wouldn't mind paying a 1st for if i had to
Wilson
Dobbs
Stafford/Wentz

I think the owners would want a 1st for Mayfield and Smith but I dont think they are worth it
I would pay a 2nd and something for them

O'Connell he probably wants a 2nd but i feel he is worth a 3rd

How off am i on the trade values?

since i posted this
Thompson-Robinson was traded for a 3rd for the guy chasing me
O'connel was informally offered to me for my 2nd , the owners thinking was he was worth a 2nd because he could have the job next year

Last edited:
I don’t think he’s JAG, but how can anyone ask that question this early in his career? Especially given his number of carries so far.
That’s what worries me. He’s never carried the load in college and in the pros he’s looked average. Idk, I have him and wondering whether to cut bait.
He would have been the guy on most teams . Playing behind Bijan will do that.

I don’t think he’s JAG, but how can anyone ask that question this early in his career? Especially given his number of carries so far.
That’s what worries me. He’s never carried the load in college and in the pros he’s looked average. Idk, I have him and wondering whether to cut bait.
He’s just lucky he didn’t play behind Allgeier. He would have never seen the field!

Draft capital is not in Roschon’s favor. Neither is the fact that he’s in a crowded situation. I’m not sure I’d expect much in the near term.

He’s just lucky he didn’t play behind Allgeier. He would have never seen the field!

Draft capital is not in Roschon’s favor. Neither is the fact that he’s in a crowded situation. I’m not sure I’d expect much in the near term.
It's much too early to make any kind of assumptions regarding Roschon Johnson, but I do agree with you regarding the short term. Things change quickly in the fantasy football landscape, so I'll keep a watch on that and not worry too much about the "near term".

I’ve got a couple of ‘24 2nd rounders just burning a hole in my fantasy pocket.

So I ask of yous guys …

Thoughts on Njoku Vs Trey McBride?

I feel like a deal sending Njoku and 2 late 2nds for McBride and 2 mid-to-late 3rds is a deal I could get done right now.

As an add on question, what type of WR would be worth 2 late 2nds in dynasty? Are we talking about the McLaurin, Diontae range? Or am I off here.

Last edited:

So I ask of yous guys …

I feel like a deal sending Njoku and 2 late 2nds for McBride and 2 mid-to-late 3rds is a deal I could get done right now.

As an add on question, what type of WR who I’ll be worth 2 late 2nds in dynasty? Are we talking about the McLaurin, Diontae and range? Or am I off here.
I turned down an early to mid 2nd for DJohnson . I would probably have accepted for 2 2s

I suppose my earlier post was pretty loaded. Trade deadline incoming at midnight. So forgive me.

Njoku v Trey McBride

Thoughts?

I believe Mcbridebhas the chance to be special - BUT Njoku is a real specimen and is finally showing some consistency.

Who ya want?

So I ask of yous guys …

As an add on question, what type of WR would be worth 2 late 2nds in dynasty? Are we talking about the McLaurin, Diontae range? Or am I off here.
As an owner of both McLaurin and Diontae, two late seconds wouldn’t interest me for either one.

So I ask of yous guys …

As an owner of both McLaurin and Diontae, two late seconds wouldn’t interest me for either one.
What if your McLaurin and/or Diontae were expiring contracts?

How about a Christian Watson. Is he worth 2 2nds?

So I ask of yous guys …

Would you take an early 2nd for DJohnson? He is my 5th wr behind Kupp, ARSB, Aiyuk, and Higgins..I only have to start 1 each week.

So I ask of yous guys …

Would you take an early 2nd for DJohnson? He is my 5th wr behind Kupp, ARSB, Aiyuk, and Higgins..I only have to start 1 each week.
I paid a late first for him prior to last years season. I still see him as a similar value of Pitt can get their offense rolling but that’s a HUGE if. So an early second is probably fair.

So I ask of yous guys …

Yes, if I was rebuilding. If contending, there are probably better places to spend an early 2nd.

So I ask of yous guys …

Yes, if I was rebuilding. If contending, there are probably better places to spend an early 2nd.
Kind of the flip .. I am contending for championship, but selling for a 2nd. Other owner is buying in hopes of making playoffs but is in 10th currently (I play him in 2 weeks)

How do we see Hurts/Allen’s values compared to Burrows now ?? I’ve got both the first two in a SuperFlex TE premium league where I’m not competing, have holes/injuries at RB and TE and don’t have my 1st round pick. Stuck right in 6th/7th with a record of 5-6.

The Burrows owner is in the mix, I’m considering tiering down to him with one of Hurts/Allen to try and fill some holes.

What would people look for on top ? He owns Bijan, how would …

Hurts/Allgeier for Burrows and a ‘24 1st sound ?

I've used Dan Hindery's Dynasty Trade Value Chart since he started it (and love it) and recently noticed a similar tool called Dynasty Salary Cap Values. Appreciate all the work on both. From what I can surmise from the outside looking in:
  • Advantages of Trade Value Chart: includes rookie pick values.
  • Advantages of Salary Cap Values: incorporates multiple perspectives, updates more frequently, operates off your precise league settings.
My question: Why are the positional values so different between the tools? A few examples:

PlayerTrade Chart ToolSalary Cap Tool
QB1 (Patrick Mahomes in both)47$66
RB1 (Bijan Robinson in both)64$41
WR1 (Justin Jefferson in both)58$43
TE1 (Dalton Kinkaid in TV, Travis Kelce in SCV)25$19

Positional value is obviously very important and I want to make sure I (and other users of these tools) are valuating properly. Lots of value to be gained or lost!

For reference, the changes I makes when using the Trade Chart tool are:
  • League Size = 16
  • Passing TD = 6
  • Points per Passing Year = 0.025
  • PPR = 0.25 for all positions
Our league has -4 INT, which I cannot place in the tool.

How do we see Hurts/Allen’s values compared to Burrows now ?? I’ve got both the first two in a SuperFlex TE premium league where I’m not competing, have holes/injuries at RB and TE and don’t have my 1st round pick. Stuck right in 6th/7th with a record of 5-6.

The Burrows owner is in the mix, I’m considering tiering down to him with one of Hurts/Allen to try and fill some holes.

I don’t play superflex/TEP dynasty so maybe I’m undervaluing a single first rounder but I’d want a bit more. I feel like it’s a tier down before the injury concerns and having a top tier qb for this year is worth something on top of that

ETA: especially what with not having your own pick and getting zero value from removing the points from your own lineup. Might as well try to get lucky from the 6 hole if you don’t get a real compelling offer

If this is similar to FFPC format, in one of my dynasty leagues there (TriFlex format), the Burrow owner had already lost Cousins but was still in 1st place as of this week. No other QBs on his roster. He sent Burrows and his 1st to the team in last place that is in full on rebuild for Herbert.

If this is similar to FFPC format, in one of my dynasty leagues there (TriFlex format), the Burrow owner had already lost Cousins but was still in 1st place as of this week. No other QBs on his roster. He sent Burrows and his 1st to the team in last place that is in full on rebuild for Herbert.

Interesting thanks. He basically paid the 1st to keep his season alive with a same tiered QB so I’m probably underselling myself tbh.

Interesting thanks. He basically paid the 1st to keep his season alive with a same tiered QB so I’m probably underselling myself tbh.

Basically. He already had a playoff spot clinched, so if he did not make a move for a QB he was heading into the playoffs of a SF league with no QB, basically in no man's land of not having a good pick next season and likely an early playoff casualty.

He has a solid team, so even with not being able to start a QB in the SF (pending a blind bid pickup of a guy like Browning or Tim Boyle who are the only available QBs with a likelihood of playing, he might be competitive if Herbert plays really well the rest of the season, but it has certainly opened the door for a lot of teams. This particular owner mortgaged his future in the inaugural draft for a win now team, has no picks until the 5th round and his team is almost all older veteran types which has worked so far, but injuries are mounting for him.

KTC Trade Calculator says that 2 late 2nds (2024) are worth a little bit more than Diontae, and that the trade would be balanced by adding... wait for it,.. MVS to Diontae.
Diontae owner here, I’d be reluctant but probably would take two 2024 2nds.

Users who are viewing this thread