What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (7 Viewers)

3 dart throws for the surest of things as well.

If I'm moving Mahomes, I want something certain in the deal, an established player(s) as well as some draft picks.

Given the Wr's listed this doesn't look like a rebuilding team so not sure it makes much sense to stock up quite so heavily on uncertain rookies.

I knew the day was coming, but today was it, got low ball offers for Saquon. I am not against moving him, but not for long dart throws.
I think I might wait FA out, see where he goes, if its LAC, I might want to move him, cause i have Herbert, or maybe move Herbert if I can get a QB back.
I still think SQ has 3 good years left. Relatively alone in that boat according to all the "experts".

If you like the deal, though, pull the trigger. Sometimes group think isn’t the way to go. You’re the one is the league, you know your team.
Sometimes groupthink saves me from my bad instincts, talks me down from rookie fever, and helps to confirm why I haven’t sent an offer yet.

there are a couple of attractive IDP I could likely add on to the package, but at the end of the day I’d be going from the most stable dynasty asset to 3 maybes, 2 years apart.

So yeah - imma try other options, but I do appreciate the discussion by all.

I just think the likelihood is that you'll really regret moving Mahomes and replacing him with a rookie QB not named Williams. But whatever you decide, best of luck. I just chimed in again because I read BigAl21's reasoning and I don't think I expressed fully enough that exact sentiment either before or in private.
For me it's the idea of bird in the hand vs two in the bush. Rookie QB's are such a crapshoot and you know you have a top 5 QB for the next 5-10 years (if you want to hold that long). The risk of going after the two in the bush is too high for my liking. You could look back on this move 2 years from now and wonder why you are scrambling to try and compete again.

I've got 1.06, 1.07 and 1.12 in one league and have considered offering the 1.12 straight up.
@joey

Ok, went back and looked (it’s on this page. Hahaha)

This was where the 1.12 came in.

As someone who rosters fields in 2 SF 16 team leagues, I wouldn’t even consider that.

In a 1-QB league if Fields is my QB2, I probably do consider it.
I look at it a bit different when it comes to Fields if he was my QB3. He is the type of QB that is great to have as a back up because his upside is so high. If you have a stable QB that is a consistent top 10-12ish guy then having Fields in my back pocket is a tremendous piece to have. You have the ability to sit and watch how he plays out. You know he can be a huge FF advantage with the right circumstance where you have no idea what pick 1.12 is going to get you. Likely it won't be a player anywhere near the upside of what Fields has shown.

All that to say, I doubt I would move Fields for 1.12 regardless of the context of my situation. I think he has a bigger upside than that dart throw of a pick.

All the great points made here by @FreeBaGeL reinforce my earlier take that a 1.12 for Fields is a slam dunk accept, ESPECIALLY if he’s your 3rd QB in a 12 team, 1 QB league. Way to spell it out with a specific example , @FreeBaGeL
To add to this I posted a trade in the trade thread yesterday where Fields AND Downs went for 2.8 in a one start QB league under FFPC rules.

It's an FFPC rules private run league on MFL so I can see the comments made by team making the final offer. What they said was "maybe a pot sweetener would do it". I've been wondering who was the "sweetener" and I think its' Fields.

All the great points made here by @FreeBaGeL reinforce my earlier take that a 1.12 for Fields is a slam dunk accept, ESPECIALLY if he’s your 3rd QB in a 12 team, 1 QB league. Way to spell it out with a specific example , @FreeBaGeL
To add to this I posted a trade in the trade thread yesterday where Fields AND Downs went for 2.8 in a one start QB league under FFPC rules.

It's an FFPC rules private run league on MFL so I can see the comments made by team making the final offer. What they said was "maybe a pot sweetener would do it". I've been wondering who was the "sweetener" and I think its' Fields.
What’s really interesting for those of us who play in 1QB FFPC leagues (tight benches, TE-P) is that we’ve all make trades that seem like overpays (or underpays, depending on the side of the equation we’re on) because we’re often faced with “do I cut these dudes or at least try to get something for them” situations. This trade feels exactly like that to me. Both Downs and Fields are end of bench keepers on many teams in FFPC (keep only 14 skill players) so packaging them both up for a mid-2nd doesn’t really seem too egregious to me.

What’s really interesting for those of us who play in 1QB FFPC leagues (tight benches, TE-P) is that we’ve all make trades that seem like overpays (or underpays, depending on the side of the equation we’re on) because we’re often faced with “do I cut these dudes or at least try to get something for them” situations. This trade feels exactly like that to me. Both Downs and Fields are end of bench keepers on many teams in FFPC (keep only 14 skill players) so packaging them both up for a mid-2nd doesn’t really seem too egregious to me.
Agree and I put a different value on players before we can expand our rosters.

I'd place the value of both of these players individually around the 2.8 before cuts and I would put a higher value on Downs in a vaccuum. After we can expand our rosters I'd bump up their value somewhere in a range of 2-4 spots, see both of them as early to mid second round type players if they were sitting in the rookie drafts. And I expect in some leagues they will be.

16 team, 1 QB, PPR. St. Brown owner needs to rebuild. I know he's young and all, but have picks 1.3, 1.09 and 1.13 in 2024 and full compliment of picks moving forward. What do you think it would take to pry him away?

Thanks in advance,

16 team, 1 QB, PPR. St. Brown owner needs to rebuild. I know he's young and all, but have picks 1.3, 1.09 and 1.13 in 2024 and full compliment of picks moving forward. What do you think it would take to pry him away?

Thanks in advance,
You're probably gonna have to overpay to acquire him. I'd toss out the 1.03 and 1.13 and see where it goes.

Thanks in advance,
You're probably gonna have to overpay to acquire him. I'd toss out the 1.03 and 1.13 and see where it goes.
Thanks

The jacked up part is that I drafted St Brown and then "threw him in" a trade the week before he started going off :wall:

In FFPC triflex, how is everyone seeing the value of Jahmyr Gibbs vs. CJ Stroud

Stroud owner also has Mahomes and multiple early picks (3, 4, 7 plus several 2nd rounders), but currently has no NFL starting RBs rostered and only Jameson Williams and Tank Dell as serviceable WRs, so lots of needs.

Gibbs owner has Purdy at QB (Howell/Tannehill as well so landing spot dependent for any value) and is relatively deep at WR and TE, and ok at RB (Rhamondre, Pollard, Spears in addition to Gibbs). Also has the 2 pick and multiple 2nd rounders.

Thanks in advance,
I agree he’s going to have to overpay, but I own St. Brown and I wouldn’t trade him for all three of those firsts.

But I’m also a 58 year old Lions fan, so there’s that…

1.01 price check?

Worth trading for a rebuilding team?
I think at least 3 firsts value. In your trade in the trade thread it was 1.01 for 2025 1st and Olave. I think at the very least another 1st added to the deal and I would have to think long and hard. Better not be late 1st either.

1.01 price check?

Worth trading for a rebuilding team?
I think at least 3 firsts value. In your trade in the trade thread it was 1.01 for 2025 1st and Olave. I think at the very least another 1st added to the deal and I would have to think long and hard. Better not be late 1st either.
Olave and two 1sts? Yikes.
I'd sell so fast my wrist would snap

I’m envious of all the trades I’ve been seeing.

My leagues are dead. I’ve extended a few offers, & crickets.
:kicksrock:
Even after rolling over to the 2024 sites, I dislike it when it takes some owners wait to sign into the new site, but you would think they would get the trade emails if they have set up the 2023 site to do so. This would also rollover to the 2024 site. Having said that, in one of my leagues (UFDL), we've had 11 trades since 2/20.

Last edited:

Thanks in advance,

As an ARSB owner, that isn't even close to interesting, I would need a starter on top of the first two firsts before I do anything apart from reject without counter

I've got 1.06, 1.07 and 1.12 in one league and have considered offering the 1.12 straight up.
@joey

Ok, went back and looked (it’s on this page. Hahaha)

This was where the 1.12 came in.

As someone who rosters fields in 2 SF 16 team leagues, I wouldn’t even consider that.

In a 1-QB league if Fields is my QB2, I probably do consider it.
I look at it a bit different when it comes to Fields if he was my QB3. He is the type of QB that is great to have as a back up because his upside is so high. If you have a stable QB that is a consistent top 10-12ish guy then having Fields in my back pocket is a tremendous piece to have. You have the ability to sit and watch how he plays out. You know he can be a huge FF advantage with the right circumstance where you have no idea what pick 1.12 is going to get you. Likely it won't be a player anywhere near the upside of what Fields has shown.

All that to say, I doubt I would move Fields for 1.12 regardless of the context of my situation. I think he has a bigger upside than that dart throw of a pick.
I have the 1.12 and I would trade it for Fields in a heartbeat (superflex - EDIT'd just so people know my thoughts for my league)... and it would get rejected.

The Fields hate is strong it seems. I might have to start kicking around the idea of acquiring some Fields. He will be starting QB somewhere with top 5 upside in 2024.

I’m envious of all the trades I’ve been seeing.

My leagues are dead. I’ve extended a few offers, & crickets.
:kicksrock:
I trade a ton during the year, one of the most active but I can't trade now unless its for proven assets and until I see what happens at the combine, free agency and NFL draft. Unless I'm trying to trade up for draft picks as this will be cheaper than in 2 months.

I just can't comfortably feel good making a trade when players are still FAs and the draft and trades will change a lot of the landscape.

I'm also one of the most active during the draft trading (up and back) but for now I can't make any trades unless I feel I'm getting a steal of a deal.

I just can't comfortably feel good making a trade when players are still FAs and the draft and trades will change a lot of the landscape.
If you trust your evaluation skills this is the best time to get good deals. You can get discounts because of the uncertainty and if you believe in what you see it's a great way to get ahead.
That’s exactly why I’m trying to go after some of my targets now. It’s a gamble, but you nailed it - best time to get value.’

If you trust your evaluation skills this is the best time to get good deals. You can get discounts because of the uncertainty and if you believe in what you see it's a great way to get ahead.
Yeah I think if you have an idea of where rookies will fall and you can trade into those picks then now is the time. Or trading for players you believed in from last draft that may not have performed up too expectations or injury then definitely go get them.

For players that will be affected by the draft (new RBs coming into camp to a new team) WRs and RBs moving in FAs the landing spots mean everything. Sometimes good and sometimes bad and you can definitely take advantage of it.

Look at Dalvin Cook going to NYJ last year. If you believed in Hall you could get Hall for a reasonable price coming off ACL injury and Cook coming to town.

Just saying so much will change with FA and the draft and I want to be able to evaluate that with any fantasy trades.

Have 5x1st, 3x 2nds and 2x 3rds in this draft. Looking to consolidate and move up into pockets of value. Was offered 1.04 for my 1.06 and 2.03. What are thoughts on this type of small jump? Worth it?

Have 5x1st, 3x 2nds and 2x 3rds in this draft. Looking to consolidate and move up into pockets of value. Was offered 1.04 for my 1.06 and 2.03. What are thoughts on this type of small jump? Worth it?
Yes I'd likely do that
Would only need to the time it takes to make sure I'm not reading it wrong.
Probably worded bad.

Would you trade 1.06 and 2.03 for move up to 1.04?
You worded it fine, I probably just gave a confusing reply.

I was trying to say that if I got that offer I'd accept giving that up to move from 6 to 4 as soon as I double checked the offer to make sure I was reading it correctly.

The 2.3 in this draft projects as a good option or asset, maybe comparable to a late first in some other years. I'm not nice asset I'm not dismissing. The 1.6 right now feels to me like a mid to late one in most years and the 4th best player in this draft seems like a guy who would be a top 2-3 candidate most years, 1.1 in a few. So those are two nice pieces you'd give up but I'd do it, I'd want to upgrade the pick in general, especially with those draft assets you already have.

If it’s a TE Premium league, but not superflex, I take the 1.4 side for sure. I think the top 3 WRs plus Bower at TE are the top tier of this draft with a drop off after that.

I’d do it in a heartbeat in superflex because I have a clear top 5: Caleb, MHJ, Maye, Daniel’s, and Nabers.

All depends if you have a significant tier break between 1.04 and 1.06. Depending on format and what you think of Bowers/Odunze/QB it could be that it doesn't really give you much. However, if you have a big tier break difference then pull the trigger.

In a SF I likely don't make that move as I have six guys I don't mind getting.

All depends if you have a significant tier break between 1.04 and 1.06. Depending on format and what you think of Bowers/Odunze/QB it could be that it doesn't really give you much. However, if you have a big tier break difference then pull the trigger.

Yeah probably should have specified. It’s 1 QB, TE Premium. I ended up making the move because even though it’s early I have a tier break after top 4, like most.

Christian Watson price check?
He's tough. If I have space and other decent options then I probably am not trading him unless it's a solid offer. The upside is too great. If I am looking to acquire I am not going to give up too much as his downside/injury risk is quite high. He is in that zone.

I probably need a late 1st to move him and probably would pay a late 2nd/3rd to get him

Christian Watson price check?
He's tough. If I have space and other decent options then I probably am not trading him unless it's a solid offer. The upside is too great. If I am looking to acquire I am not going to give up too much as his downside/injury risk is quite high. He is in that zone.

I probably need a late 1st to move him and probably would pay a late 2nd/3rd to get him
I would move him for an early 2nd for sure. I believe Jayden Reed has taken over WR1 on that team and even after that you have lots of other mouths to feed in Doubs, Wicks, Musgrave, and Tucker.

Yeah probably should have specified. It’s 1 QB, TE Premium. I ended up making the move because even though it’s early I have a tier break after top 4, like most.
Agreed. In this format, tier break has to be 4. Bowers probably gone looking at Nabers/Odzune. Than next is A bunch of guys. Thomas, Franklin, Coleman, RB1, Sanders, Worthy, McConkey. Next tier is Williams, Mitchell, Legette, RB2, RB3. In SF, I just got offer to move from 4-2 but declined. See no need to give assets to move up. But it is SF and 6 guys in top tier there and tier 2 adds 2 more. Tier 3 ads 2 more QB

Agreed. In this format, tier break has to be 4. Bowers probably gone looking at Nabers/Odzune. Than next is A bunch of guys. Thomas, Franklin, Coleman, RB1, Sanders, Worthy, McConkey. Next tier is Williams, Mitchell, Legette, RB2, RB3. In SF, I just got offer to move from 4-2 but declined. See no need to give assets to move up. But it is SF and 6 guys in top tier there and tier 2 adds 2 more. Tier 3 ads 2 more QB
In my 1QB league I hold the 1.04. Agree that there is a tier break after 1.04. I just don't see any of the top 4 moving down far enough to get into that 2nd tier unless Bowers craps the bed in athletic testing or goes to an absolute crap destination. The other 3 are rock solid, IMO. That said, the 2nd tier of WRs is stacked and should filter out this weekend and even more so after draft day. I'm not super high on the upper tier QBs and would probably go WR/RB personally in the later parts of round 1. I am targeting Odunze/Nabers at 1.04 but will jump at the chance to get Bowers if he's still there. We also have a few teams in the league with crap TE. Turning the 1.04 to a TE needy team if Bowers is still available for extra draft picks is probably the shark move...

Users who are viewing this thread