What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

1 QB PPR Dynasty
  • Team 1 gave up Lamb, CeeDee DAL WR
  • Team 2 gave up Purdy, Brock SFO QB; Olave, Chris NOS WR; Year 2024 Draft Pick 5.03
Win / Win? Team 1 upgrade from Olave, Team 2 needed QB help & could get a #1 wr.

Warren has been the value pick. His production is excellent for his cost. Najee has been a bust, relatively speaking.
A dynasty 100 foot view of this backfield interests me. Harris out of contract next year, Warren is a RFA, both will be 27 years old. Feels like they could let Harris walk, tender Warren, and bring in a 2 down guy to replace Najee.

If Wilson gets there, and remains Checkdown Charlie, Warren could be a little bit of a target monster this year.

Warren has been the value pick. His production is excellent for his cost. Najee has been a bust, relatively speaking.
A dynasty 100 foot view of this backfield interests me. Harris out of contract next year, Warren is a RFA, both will be 27 years old. Feels like they could let Harris walk, tender Warren, and bring in a 2 down guy to replace Najee.

If Wilson gets there, and remains Checkdown Charlie, Warren could be a little bit of a target monster this year.
Warren is 25, turning 26 this November.

1 QB PPR Dynasty
  • Team 2 gave up Purdy, Brock SFO QB; Olave, Chris NOS WR; Year 2024 Draft Pick 5.03
Win / Win? Team 1 upgrade from Olave, Team 2 needed QB help & could get a #1 wr.
In a 1 QB League Lamb is still the better side of this deal, and IMO it’s not close.

QBs a dime a dozen in 1 QB format, and Purdy can disappear at times in a CMC heavy script. Olave is a talent but Lamb is a PPR beast.

Last edited:
Warren is 25, turning 26 this November.
Yeah, he'll be 27 next year.....eventually. :wink:

He was an older rookie, I was surprised at his age. It is notable to me, because Steelers can tender him, make him play 2025 out, and PIT will have to wonder what kind of deals they wanna give a 27 year old, who will turn 28 by end of season.

I don't have either of these guys, but I could see making a play for Warren. Maybe only a fantasy starter for two more seasons, but that's a long time.

What is too much to pay for an asset like Justin Jefferson. Was offered Jefferson for Diggs, Deebo, 1.07, 1.12,2.12, 2025 2nd.

I have a great team but does this type of trade hamstring a team long term?
I'd say Jefferson is worth that. Diggs is a fast-declining asset. The picks are nice but certainly won't land someone of Jefferson's talent and production. If you have the depth I'd say that's a great trade. Turn several dimes into a dollar.
Maybe not immediately, but I went back and looked at some rookie drafts from 2020 (from the 2020 Rookie Draft thread), and it seemed Jefferson was pretty consistently a late first, early second round pick in most drafts that year. So those picks could land someone like that, especially with the deep WR class this year.

1 QB PPR Dynasty
As a Lamb owner, this isn't remotely close for me. I value him right there with Jefferson and Chase.L

Same. lamb is a cornerstone dynasty player.

I think both Warren and Najee are similar dynasty players at this point. Besides as depth pieces, I'm not sure where they fit on a dynasty roster. This season they will be both be 26 years old, 27 by the 2025 season when Najee may hit FA. I love both players, I just don't see any upside.
For a guy like me who went WR-heavy in a start-up, Warren has been a perfect zero RB.

The old “one man’s trash is another’s treasure” - Najee shareholders are sick of the situation, wishing he’d get a larger share of touches.

Warren shareholders are thrilled to see him carve out 50% role with most of the receptions.
But again, they have no upside. If you're stacked everywhere else, I guess you can make it work. They literally finished as RB 22 and 23 in PPR last at 11.6 and 11.5 points per game.
That’s my point though. Warren is a top 20 RB who cost me top 40 price.

Najee was expected by many to be a top 10 RB at a top 10 price.

I’m struggling with valuing Warren in my 14 team non-PPR league that is fairly RB friendly - we start 1 RB, 1 WR/TE and 3 flex - TE not required - rules have been relatively unchanged in 20+ years.

I’m the Warren owner. I agree he’s a good value but the lack of PPR limits him a bit. He’s probably my 3rd RB and would be in the mix as my 5th starter most weeks pending draft and any other trades made.

I’ve had several other owners inquire about him, trying to figure out a fair valuation for him in this fairly uniques set up while I figure out if he’s an asset I’d even want to move.

Amon Ra St Brown price check. 12 team SF

A league mate has come shopping around, after telling him that I am not actively trying to trade him, but always open to offers. I declined his offer and did not offer a counter, saying we were too far appart. Reminded him that HE wants ARSB, not the other way around. HE seems to think I am being “difficult”.

My ARSB and a 2025 2nd for his Fields, Godwin, Pollard and a 2025 3rd.

Hard no, right?!

A league mate has come shopping around, after telling him that I am not actively trying to trade him, but always open to offers. I declined his offer and did not offer a counter, saying we were too far appart. Reminded him that HE wants ARSB, not the other way around. HE seems to think I am being “difficult”.

Hard no, right?!
Correct, he's offering nickels for a dollar. And only about .20 worth of nickels at that.

I think both Warren and Najee are similar dynasty players at this point. Besides as depth pieces, I'm not sure where they fit on a dynasty roster. This season they will be both be 26 years old, 27 by the 2025 season when Najee may hit FA. I love both players, I just don't see any upside.
For a guy like me who went WR-heavy in a start-up, Warren has been a perfect zero RB.

The old “one man’s trash is another’s treasure” - Najee shareholders are sick of the situation, wishing he’d get a larger share of touches.

Warren shareholders are thrilled to see him carve out 50% role with most of the receptions.
But again, they have no upside. If you're stacked everywhere else, I guess you can make it work. They literally finished as RB 22 and 23 in PPR last at 11.6 and 11.5 points per game.
That’s my point though. Warren is a top 20 RB who cost me top 40 price.

Najee was expected by many to be a top 10 RB at a top 10 price.

I’m struggling with valuing Warren in my 14 team non-PPR league that is fairly RB friendly - we start 1 RB, 1 WR/TE and 3 flex - TE not required - rules have been relatively unchanged in 20+ years.

I’m the Warren owner. I agree he’s a good value but the lack of PPR limits him a bit. He’s probably my 3rd RB and would be in the mix as my 5th starter most weeks pending draft and any other trades made.

I’ve had several other owners inquire about him, trying to figure out a fair valuation for him in this fairly uniques set up while I figure out if he’s an asset I’d even want to move.
Not sure what you mean about the lack of PPR - he’s been the Steelers primary 3rd down receiving back.
Lack of ppr = his league’s scoring.

Hard no, right?!
Correct, he's offering nickels for a dollar. And only about .20 worth of nickels at that.
Yep, tell dude to kick rocks and stop trying to buy a top 5 dynasty WR with a guy who might not have a starting job as the headliner of your return.

Now that he’s a Steeler, price check on Russell Wilson in SF?

Team Russ is looking to move him in my 16 team SF. I have a win-now roster with only Mahomes at QB.

What sort of future draft capital would you pay for Wilson? Or would you look to acquire longer-term assets instead of taking the risk?

1 QB PPR Dynasty
In a 1 ABQ League Lamb is still the better side of this deal, and IMO it’s not close.

QBs a dime a dozen in 1 QB format, and Purdy can disappear at times in a CMC heavy script. Olave is a talent but Lamb is a PPR beast.

Had to read this a couple times to make sure I wasn't missing something. Team 2 got smoked. Might be close if it was pick 2.03 instead of 5.03, but as a Lamb owner I would still insta-reject even that offer.

1 QB PPR Dynasty
In a 1 ABQ League Lamb is still the better side of this deal, and IMO it’s not close.

Had to read this a couple times to make sure I wasn't missing something. Team 2 got smoked. Might be close if it was pick 2.03 instead of 5.03, but as a Lamb owner I would still insta-reject even that offer.
Yeah, purdy+Olave doesn’t remotely add up to Lamb in 1 QB format.

The 5th round pick doesn’t do anything to bridge that gap.

Hard no, right?!
That’s terrible.

What is a good return in FFPC in future picks for Josh Jacobs? I’m a big contender myself but never shy away from moving older RBs a year early. The news presumably helps his value so what would you take for him knowing you’d have to back fill that void, which is something I don’t ever mind doing at that position?

Would a 2025 1st and 2nd from a probable playofff team be enough?

What is a good return in FFPC in future picks for Josh Jacobs? I’m a big contender myself but never shy away from moving older RBs a year early. The news presumably helps his value so what would you take for him knowing you’d have to back fill that void, which is something I don’t ever mind doing at that position?

In 12 Team 2RB starting format, it'd take a LOT to come off of Jacobs especially with the perceived void of RB talent in this year's draft. In any year for a guy like him, I'd need more than next year's 1st and 2nd.

n 12 Team 2RB starting format, it'd take a LOT to come off of Jacobs especially with the perceived void of RB talent in this year's draft. In any year for a guy like him, I'd need more than next year's 1st and 2nd.
Some good RB in 2025 though.

I think it would be fair, but probably on the slightly light end. As I said above, I'd likely hold and maximize his value mid-season to a contender if still looking to move him.

If it's not cut down driven trade where you need to free up roster space I'd hold. I 100% agree on wanting to get rid of older RB's a year early but just not enough return. At this time of year other teams may think they can work out their RB issues but if you can't get the deal you want now I think need will creep up. I'd want a first round pick with a shot of being non-playoff.

If you hold into the season you do run the risk of Jacobs getting hurt but it also opens you up to being able to buy someone else's young player who may have had an injury. I got Breece Hall in two leagues after he got hurt using Dalvin and Najee. That's the kind of deal I'd be waiting for, a better first or player of that caliber who is at a discount due to being out for the rest of the year.

injury. I got Breece Hall in two leagues after he got hurt using Dalvin and Najee. That's the kind of deal I'd be waiting for, a better first or player of that caliber who is at a discount due to being out for the rest of the year.
Exactly what the current Hall owner in one of my leagues did. Shark move.

Random value question regarding pick 1.01 in start 1 QB leagues.

Pick 1.01
Or
Picks 1.04, 1.07, and one player in the value range of guys like Mike Evans, davante Adams, diggs, Derrick Henry......,.

Which side you go with if you can compete now?
Which side you go with if you can't compete yet (assuming you look to deal the player)?

Pick 1.01
Or
Picks 1.04, 1.07, and one player in the value range of guys like Mike Evans, davante Adams, diggs, Derrick Henry......,.

Which side you go with if you can't compete yet (assuming you look to deal Henry)?
If I can compete now I take 1.01 & grab MH2 hoping he’s the next tier 1 WR.

If I cannot compete now I take pick 1.01 and grab MH2 hoping he’s the next tier 1 WR.

Heh

That said, if I can compete now and a Mike Evans / Adams / Diggs type puts me over the top, it’s awfully tempting to take the 1.04, 1.07 & one of those aging top tier assets.

but for me, personally, I go for the most valuable player in either scenario & take MH2, because I’m not getting long term value out of the aging asset, and in a 1 QB format, I’m not likely to get an elite player at 1.04 or 1.07.

Pick 1.01
Or

Which side you go with if you can't compete yet (assuming you look to deal the player)?
I would prefer 1.01 in both scenarios. Maybe another first and I consider it.
For me best case it is:
MHJ
or
Bowers, C. Williams, D. Henry

This could really help a needy team at TE, QB, and RB instead of WR. So maybe if I had a lot of studs at WR like: Jefferson, Chase, Lamb would I want to trade out of MHJ.

Pick 1.01
Or

For me best case it is:
MHJ
or

This could really help a needy team at TE, QB, and RB instead of WR. So maybe if I had a lot of studs at WR like: Jefferson, Chase, Lamb would I want to trade out of MHJ.
Sensible post, but I would be hard pressed to potentially pass up the next JJ to take a rookie TE + QB, & an aging Henry.

The hit rate on TE is so low, and this is a 1 QB scenario making Caleb a lot less valuable.

If you take MH2 & he hits, you’ll get significantly more in trade for him than those 3.

Would you deal Jefferson, Chase, or Lamb for that package of players?

Pick 1.01
Or

For me best case it is:
MHJ
or

Sensible post, but I would be hard pressed to potentially pass up the next JJ to take a rookie TE + QB, & an aging Henry.

The hit rate on TE is so low, and this is a 1 QB scenario making Caleb a lot less valuable.

If you take MH2 & he hits, you’ll get significantly more in trade for him than those 3.

That is why I posted I would take MHJ in both scenarios, but could see possibly doing it with studs at WR and holes at QB, TE, and RB.
I would not trade Jefferson, Lamb, or Chase for that package. I would not put MHJ in that category yet though. I would probably rank him in that next tier.

Pick 1.01
Or

For me best case it is:
MHJ
or

That is why I posted I would take MHJ in both scenarios, but could see possibly doing it with studs at WR and holes at QB, TE, and RB.
I would not trade Jefferson, Lamb, or Chase for that package. I would not put MHJ in that category yet though. I would probably rank him in that next tier.
Agreed on all counts, including that if there was one more 1st involved it makes it more appealing if a rebuilding team.

I was just considering the last part of your post.

And agree MH2 isn’t there yet, but value-wise he is. That’s why I said “if he hits”.

He’s probably more likely to hit than whomever is picked 1.04 or 1.07.

Jameson Williams price check.

Been offered 2.07 for him in a 14 team standard and feel inclined to accept it.
Tough one but I would keep Williams. You knew year one would be a waste because of the injury and then the suspension last year. Would hate to give up on him just yet with the potential in that offense.

But if you like guys in the Pearsall, Legett and Corley range better, I get that too.

Pick 1.01
Or

Actually can't say if I'm competing now or not it would make a difference.

If the 4 was 3 this is easier and I'd be inclined to do it. Now I know I got options on a WR or Bowers, got some protection build in for unexpected.

The 4 I don't know. Depends on how comfortable I am with Bowers in the event the top 3 WR's go, what my options on rest of roster look like. Don't really like getting the last of the big 4 just in case something unexpected goes awry with one of them versus having some protection build in. I'd have to think about it because the 4th and 7th prospects plus the player is a lot.

Value check on Bryce Young in superflex? I'm tempted to throw out some offers in the 2nd round for him straight up on the idea that his surrounding cast and coaching was garbage in year 1.

Value check on Bryce Young in superflex? I'm tempted to throw out some offers in the 2nd round for him straight up on the idea that his surrounding cast and coaching was garbage in year 1.

I don't own Bryce Young but a second-rounder would be a complete non-starter for me...sure he had a rough year but he is still a 22-year old starting QB that was the #1 pick in the NFL draft last year (and a very high pick in any SF rookie draft)...no way is the book written on him yet...if I was dealing him it would need to be some type of deal/part of a package involving another QB, a high pick or something that really helped my starting line-up...way to early to be selling low on him in SF...it could really haunt you.

I can't speak for SF, but here is a trade I made to sell Young in a 12 team PPR Devy League.

I can't speak for SF, but here is a trade I made to sell Young in a 12 team PPR Devy League.

Very cheap buy for Miller IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread