What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Early week 3 preemptive waivers.... (5 Viewers)

Here are my thoughts as I try to sort out the RBs:

Henderson -  Best Talent.  Market Share very variable due to McVay.  Unknown how long Akers is out.  Hard for me to feel safe starting him any given week, though I suppose a Brown injury could mean gold.

McKinnon - Good Talent.  Pretty good short-term market share outlook.  Long-term market share very variable due to Shanahan.  

Davis - Decent talent.  Good market share outlook for the next 4 weeks or so.  Some chance of value after that if CMac injury lingers.  Ceiling is probably fairly limited even when he does play.

Freeman - Decent talent (unless he is physically a lot better than last year).  Hard to assess the market share outlook, though if he is in decent shape, you would think that he could grab the backfield.  If he does, then he is good all year.

Gallman/Lewis - If Freeman can't hack it or goes down, he probably gets the majority of the work.  Lewis will always have a role though, and the Giants will probably be down a lot.

I think that if you need a starter right away, you want McKinnon or Davis.  If you can wait it out a bit, Henderson or Freeman are stronger plays.

Other situations to consider/monitor:

Josh Kelley of course if he is still out ther

Lamical Perine

Chase Edmonds

Gio Bernard

Jordan Wilkins

The Kelley situation in L.A.  looks intriguing.

I would be very hesitant to put any faith in backup NYG RB's,Freeman, Gallman, Lewis,etc. Just because someone fills in for Barkley doesn't mean they're going to have any sort of value. this team is going to crash and burn the remainder of the season. 

I made bids in my 12 teamer, non-PPR of:

Mike Davis - $21 (Lost, 51-47-33-*-17-12-11-7)

Darrell Henderson - $19 (Won, *-10-7-7)

Devonta Freman - $14 (Lost, 16-*-12-3)

Michael Pittman - $5 (Won, no one bid)

I then picked up KJ Hamler in FA. Really surprised the gap between Davis and Henderson.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread