What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Electronic Cigarettes (2 Viewers)

Evilgrin 72 said:
trogg78 said:
I pretty much use my REO mini exclusively. I have i06 atomizer which is a modified 306. I can get months out of one just cleaning it every other week or so. I rarely buy new ones. I can make a couple atomizers last me a whole year.
If you have a minute at some point, can you tell me about the i06 - where you buy then, what they cost, how you clean them, etc...?
They are from Ikenvape. It's a slightly larger 306 and would require an i06 drip tip.Usually I just clean it with a litlle atty refresher I make a couple times a week. It's 50/50 PG/PGA. I use everclear for the PGA, but will also use vodka if its not available. About 10 drops and I blow it out. Repeat that once or twice. If needs more cleaning than I let it sit in everclear for a couple days. Blow it out and do a couple dry burns. That is how I clean all my attys.
Ahhh. I see it's wick-less, that is nice for bottom feeders. I clean mine by running them through a few cycles in a jewelry cleaner filled with rubbing alcohol, then let them air-dry for 24 hrs. Sometimes it brings an old atty back to life for a week, other times they remain clogged. Maybe I need a new method.
That should work the same as what I do. I think the atty refresher is great for a quick clean and is essential when changing flavors that aren't complimentary.

Wow, this thread has really fired back up. Cool to see some newcomers. :thumbup:

I'm still loving my Totally Wicked Tornado-c Ego with V4L 3.5ml tanks. I dont think ill ever change my setup, it works perfect for me.

Thanks to trogg's help I've been making my own juice for months now, and my total monthly cost to vape is around $35 for everything, and Im a HEAVY vaper.

Ive been on three go-to juices for a while - Apple Candy (think green apple Jolly rancher), Pineapple, and Key Lime. Its interesting how my taste for flavors has changed over the past 2+ years. I started out liking tobacco/coffee/caramel flavors, then just about anything sweet, and now I pretty much only like fruit flavors that arent too sweet.

The best advice I think I can give to those giving this a try is this: Try at least a few different setups before you decide if vaping can work for you. Also, IMO, finding a flavor/strength combo that works for you is probably THE single biggest factor in whether or not you can replace analogs with e-cigs, and the only way you will find those is through trial and error. I probably tried over a hundred flavors before I settled on a couple I liked (that was when V4L gave multiple free samples with every order though). Once you find a flavor/strength combo that works for you, vaping becomes more enjoyable than analogs ever were, IMO, and then its just a matter of finding a setup you're comfortable with.

If you have a brick and morter vape shop near you, the best thing you can do is go in and talk to the people there and try different setups and juice. Explain you're new to this and they will walk you through options. Dont be afraid to ask questions, people who vape are usually more than happy to help others and share what they've learned along the way, which can save you a lot of time and money. Good luck!

I really, really like this French pipe tobacco one and for the first time look forward to vaping. I'm still not that fond of the sweeter flavors but maybe that'll change, I ordered some watermelon and strawberry flavors last night at lower nicotine levels (11mg). Definitely was getting too much nicotine with the 24mg so now puffing on an 18 seems much better. Ordered some 11mg to try those but I'm thinking my perfect fit is somewhere between 11 and 18. With the liquids you can just mix a 11 and 18 together right? Does it end up as easy as it sounds?

I really, really like this French pipe tobacco one and for the first time look forward to vaping. I'm still not that fond of the sweeter flavors but maybe that'll change, I ordered some watermelon and strawberry flavors last night at lower nicotine levels (11mg). Definitely was getting too much nicotine with the 24mg so now puffing on an 18 seems much better. Ordered some 11mg to try those but I'm thinking my perfect fit is somewhere between 11 and 18. With the liquids you can just mix a 11 and 18 together right? Does it end up as easy as it sounds?
Yes.

And I've found a good tobacco flavor mixed with a good booze flavor is awesome at night,

Yes.

And I've found a good tobacco flavor mixed with a good booze flavor is awesome at night,
:clap:

DD-- You can mix them or carry both and change back and forth according to how you feel. I found that to work well for me especially in the beginning to account for different moods and attitudes, time of day, etc. Great you can start that process already!

Yes.

:clap:
Tobacco + rum = money.

trogg78 said:
Carolina Hustler said:
I compare making your own liquids to making a cocktail. Your only using like 5 or six ingredients and shaking them up.
Sounds like you do this? If so, can you give me some tips?
First you'll want to get an app to help you calculate your percentages. i use ejuice on the iPhone.Start using the flavoring around 10%. You can always add more. If your using multiple flavors you can make your total flavoring around 15-20%. Your sweetener will be around 1% depending on what you use. I really like ethyl maltol.Next you add your base. I like 70/30 VG/PG. that is up to you but don't forget to include you nic base in the calculation. My nic base is PG so I count that in the 30%. I add my nic last.Some people will add a drop of vinegar. I haven't tried this but have heard it can really bring the flavors together. My favorite flavors are Butterscotch from Natures Flavors And Capella's Vanilla Custard. They're together really well and are good on their own
Also, I use everclear or vodka to sterilize everything Syringes bottles pipe ettes. I don't mind if a drop or two of everclear gets in the juice because its vape able and works well thinning the thick VG I use.

Oh, and the atomizers usually give me anywhere from 8-12 days of solid use before I have to clean/toss them. Performance starts to drop off after 5 days or so, but they're still usuable for a few days after that before you just really want to swap it out. They're not cheap ($9/EA) but performance-wise, they're unparalleled in my experience. I usually buy 5-10 at a time to save on shipping but at that price, you may just want to get one at first and see if it works for you before investing $50-100. You can always re-sell them (and the REO for that matter) on ECF classifieds if need be to recoup most if not all of your investment.
Appreciate it EG - will give it a go and get back. Have you tried the Ikenvape io6 yet? I have been going to the ecig forum and have heard some good things - saw you had asked about it here. What are your favorite juices and from where?

Oh, and the atomizers usually give me anywhere from 8-12 days of solid use before I have to clean/toss them. Performance starts to drop off after 5 days or so, but they're still usuable for a few days after that before you just really want to swap it out. They're not cheap ($9/EA) but performance-wise, they're unparalleled in my experience. I usually buy 5-10 at a time to save on shipping but at that price, you may just want to get one at first and see if it works for you before investing $50-100. You can always re-sell them (and the REO for that matter) on ECF classifieds if need be to recoup most if not all of your investment.
Appreciate it EG - will give it a go and get back. Have you tried the Ikenvape io6 yet? I have been going to the ecig forum and have heard some good things - saw you had asked about it here. What are your favorite juices and from where?
Have not yet tried the Ikenvape i06, I likely will next time I buy atomizers, but I just reloaded and am using the VAMO with the tanks a lot now, so it will probably be a while.I usually don't like to recommend juice because taste is SO subjective, but I love Alien Visions juices. Boba's Bounty, Gorilla Juice, Flue Cured, Bee's Knees, it's all good stuff. Stuff I can vape day after day, I don't like to switch flavors 14 times a day and have dedicated atomizers for each flavor so these days, I vape Boba's and freedomsmokesusa Wyatt Earp most of the time. The Earp isn't for everyone, I can see how someone would hate it, so try it before you buy a bunch if you're inclined to look for it. Alien Visions' tobacco base they use just sings to me and all their flavors on top of it just are right in my wheelhouse. Beware that their juices are VG based though, so if you have a device that prefers thinner PG juice, I think the best you can get from them is 90/10 VG/PG.

Also, really liking the VIVI Nova mini and the Kanger Protank. The Protank, as advertised, has a very airy draw, so for those of you that like a tighter draw, it may not be for you. I do like a tighter draw, though, and it definitely walks the line of too airy. I bought an airflow regulator for it from madvapes, but it doesn't seem to help that much. The Nova draws perfectly. I wish I'd bought the 3.5ml version rather than the 2 ml, as the 2 is too small, I still need to refill it a couple of times a day. It's a frigging juice gobbler - they both are, but especially the Nova. Even running it at 3.7-4.2V on a standard 18650 at 7.5-8.0 watts on the variwatt meter, it slurps down juice very quickly. Hits like a freight train, though. I am using the Wyatt Earp in the Nova and haven't really noticed any flavor muting yet. It is slightly inconsistent, though, occasionally you get a couple of scratchy hits and need to tip the unit and really drench the wicks. The Protank is staggeringly consistent and smooth, clouds of vapor. I really like them both and would be hard pressed to choose a favorite yet.

Okay, so I'm apparently functionally mentally disabled.

I bought a volt, and some cartomizers. And have been rotating through the carts, using three at a time. Which is the biggest dumb### idea in the universe because, since I used all the carts the same amount, they all burned out without a week of one another.

And my next batch hasn't shown up. Should today.

Good news is, I took the advice of some forums, and boiled the hell out of all of the dead ones, 10 minute boil, followed by cold rinse, followed by 10 minute boil, and about 1 in every 3 were completely refreshed and kicking ### again after that. Which is helpful for when I do something this stupid again.

I bought a volt, and some cartomizers. And have been rotating through the carts, using three at a time. Which is the biggest dumb### idea in the universe because, since I used all the carts the same amount, they all burned out without a week of one another.

Good news is, I took the advice of some forums, and boiled the hell out of all of the dead ones, 10 minute boil, followed by cold rinse, followed by 10 minute boil, and about 1 in every 3 were completely refreshed and kicking ### again after that. Which is helpful for when I do something this stupid again.
To speed up drying time, I had a friend who swore by tying a 3' string to one end of the cleaned/wet cart and twirling the water out of the cart. Think he said there was a youtube instruction on the method but recall that he fed a fish line through the cart, tied, and then twirled the heck out of it like a centerfuge. Said it was almost immediately usable.

Last edited by a moderator:

To speed up drying time, I had a friend who swore by tying a 3' string to one end of the cleaned/wet cart and twirling the water out of the cart.
That is a spectacular idea

To speed up drying time, I had a friend who swore by tying a 3' string to one end of the cleaned/wet cart and twirling the water out of the cart. Think he said there was a youtube instruction on the method but recall that he fed a fish line through the cart, tied, and then twirled the heck out of it like a centerfuge. Said it was almost immediately usable.
Reverse taryn spin:

Anyone know why my ego-c twist charger is blinking? It's solid red for 8 sec, then blinks green and back to the solid red for 8 again.
Maybe running out of charge? Mine blinks before failing but not quite like that--just a few warnings and then done.
I've not seen the intermittent green blink in charging before, but I've only charged a few times as this setup is new.

The battery was dead, I plugged it in, and this is what I'm getting. I have not charged here before though (computer usb port) and I'll try plugging it in to the wall and see if anything changes.

It is charging though. But I'm just concerned that the little green blink is an attempt by the charger to tell me something..

CH>have you tried the pass throughs yet? They really give a better hit than the batteries.

I like the 11mg ones I think, puffing on Flue-cured tobacco and watermelon right now and I like the hit. I still think my perfect nicotine mix is between 11 and 18 but I can mix them for now going back and forth with cartomizers.

CH>have you tried the pass throughs yet? They really give a better hit than the batteries.

I like the 11mg ones I think, puffing on Flue-cured tobacco and watermelon right now and I like the hit. I still think my perfect nicotine mix is between 11 and 18 but I can mix them for now going back and forth with cartomizers.
Never tried a pass through.. The ego twist is my first real purchase.. Before that I tried a few things available at local tobacco shops, and purchased a few disposables..

And for anyone interested in trying e-ciggs, fyi, disposables are terrible and are no real indicator of whether or not e-ciggs are for you.

Never tried a pass through.. The ego twist is my first real purchase.. Before that I tried a few things available at local tobacco shops, and purchased a few disposables..

And for anyone interested in trying e-ciggs, fyi, disposables are terrible and are no real indicator of whether or not e-ciggs are for you.
I have two pass throughs at work. When people walk by my office they stop sometimes because I'm in a huge cloud of vapor. You can get a v4L one for $20 (with 20% off with a coupon which they always have), here is the one I have. Thing is wicked awesome.

I have two pass throughs at work. When people walk by my office they stop sometimes because I'm in a huge cloud of vapor. You can get a v4L one for $20 (with 20% off with a coupon which they always have), here is the one I have. Thing is wicked awesome.
I need one of those!!

One thing I am struggling with is vaping really dries me out. Drinking a lot of water is fine but I think I need to chew some gum or something.

I haven't read through this thread, and I know nothing about this topic (I don't smoke.) But in the last two days I've gotten leasing calls for electronic cigarette stores. Is this a fad? Or is it going to last?

I haven't read through this thread, and I know nothing about this topic (I don't smoke.) But in the last two days I've gotten leasing calls for electronic cigarette stores. Is this a fad? Or is it going to last?
Oh, thank God. Please screw up a really useful thread.

Anyone know why my ego-c twist charger is blinking? It's solid red for 8 sec, then blinks green and back to the solid red for 8 again.
Is it a usb1 (rather than 2) port?
Does that matter? I'm rather ignorant when it comes to that sort of thing (computer hardware.. software as well) Educate me.
My Volt charger said on the box, but nowhere else, that it was USB2 and that plugging it into a USB1 port would cause damage to the charger and/or battery.

Is it a usb1 (rather than 2) port?
Does that matter? I'm rather ignorant when it comes to that sort of thing (computer hardware.. software as well) Educate me.
My Volt charger said on the box, but nowhere else, that it was USB2 and that plugging it into a USB1 port would cause damage to the charger and/or battery.
I had no idea that there was a difference between the USB ports

Going to last and continue to grow, barring government regulation screwing it up somehow. This is not the thread for discussing government intervention though, this is just for people switching from cigarettes to e-cigs, so if you want to discuss that, you should start a new thread.

Going to last and continue to grow, barring government regulation screwing it up somehow. This is not the thread for discussing government intervention though, this is just for people switching from cigarettes to e-cigs, so if you want to discuss that, you should start a new thread.
:goodposting:Or, you know, read some of the 2.5 year old 54 page thread filled with people who think these may be a literal life saver and who are using this habit to replace one of the most addictive habits in the world and one of the most profitable industries in the U.S., google a little and see that it's a 500 million dollar industry that's expected to double next year, and that Marlboro is getting into the game, and draw your own conclusions.

timschochet, on 06 May 2013 - 22:48, said:I haven't read through this thread, and I know nothing about this topic (I don't smoke.) But in the last two days I've gotten leasing calls for electronic cigarette stores. Is this a fad? Or is it going to last?
Unless (until?) the government gets involved and screws it up, I don't see this as a fad. At first I wasn't sure, but 2+ years into it I definately see it becoming mainstream and B & M retail stores seem to be a natural progression.

Bolded is what will happen. As soon as the eCig becomes enough of a threat to the tobacco industry, the major companies will buy up the eCig companies and begin using their own tobacco to make juice base. The government, alerted to the new threat, will step in and regulate the crap out of it, taxing it at the same rate as cigarettes. Pretty soon, a 20ml bottle of juice will cost $60 and all the vapers will start quitting or move on to something else.

Bolded is what will happen. As soon as the eCig becomes enough of a threat to the tobacco industry, the major companies will buy up the eCig companies and begin using their own tobacco to make juice base. The government, alerted to the new threat, will step in and regulate the crap out of it, taxing it at the same rate as cigarettes. Pretty soon, a 20ml bottle of juice will cost $60 and all the vapers will start quitting or move on to something else.
Not all juices are nicotine based. They will have a hard time imposing a nicotine tax on flavored vegetable glycerine.

Thanks guys. I wasn't going to offer my opinion on anything. I'm just trying to figure out whether its a viable business. 2 questions:

1. Can a guy who sells nothing but e-cigarettes make it on his own in a 600 square foot retail space? (Small shopping center; 3-5 year lease)

2. If there is a liquor store already in the shopping center that sells regular cigarettes (and this represents a good chunk of his profits) would this negatively impact his business?

Thanks guys. I wasn't going to offer my opinion on anything. I'm just trying to figure out whether its a viable business. 2 questions: 1. Can a guy who sells nothing but e-cigarettes make it on his own in a 600 square foot retail space? (Small shopping center; 3-5 year lease)2. If there is a liquor store already in the shopping center that sells regular cigarettes (and this represents a good chunk of his profits) would this negatively impact his business?
You should probably ask someone who does commercial real estate leasing for a living.

Thanks guys. I wasn't going to offer my opinion on anything. I'm just trying to figure out whether its a viable business. 2 questions:1. Can a guy who sells nothing but e-cigarettes make it on his own in a 600 square foot retail space? (Small shopping center; 3-5 year lease)2. If there is a liquor store already in the shopping center that sells regular cigarettes (and this represents a good chunk of his profits) would this negatively impact his business?
You should probably ask someone who does commercial real estate leasing for a living.
Why the snarky response? I'm supposed to advise a landlord on this later this morning. Help a fella out here.

Thanks guys. I wasn't going to offer my opinion on anything. I'm just trying to figure out whether its a viable business. 2 questions:1. Can a guy who sells nothing but e-cigarettes make it on his own in a 600 square foot retail space? (Small shopping center; 3-5 year lease)2. If there is a liquor store already in the shopping center that sells regular cigarettes (and this represents a good chunk of his profits) would this negatively impact his business?
Why the snarky response? I'm supposed to advise a landlord on this later this morning. Help a fella out here.
Why are you advising a landlord on something you know nothing at all about?

As of this moment, unless I learn something, I'm not going to. I'm going to tell him simply "I don't know."

But- we have a guy that is supposedly going to make an offer this morning to lease up a 600 s.f. space for an e-cigarette store. The landlord is going to ask me whether it's a viable business, and he's going to ask me whether or not it will hurt the existing liquor store's sales (the liquor store has 2,500 s.f., has the premium space in the center and pays a very good rent.)

So that's why I ask.

good question..

" Well, I was talking to some people I know from this fantasy football site on line, and they said... "

" No, I have no idea who these people are, but we argue over politics on a regular basis if that helps..."

I have no idea what the markup on these things are. Honest answer, talk to a gas station owner who sells them and ask him how they're moving and if they're profitible compared to regular cigs.

I have no idea what the markup on these things are. Honest answer, talk to a gas station owner who sells them and ask him how they're moving and if they're profitible compared to regular cigs.
Thanks.

If the existing liquor store guy already sells them, then we're probably not going to do this deal.

As of this moment, unless I learn something, I'm not going to. I'm going to tell him simply "I don't know."

But- we have a guy that is supposedly going to make an offer this morning to lease up a 600 s.f. space for an e-cigarette store. The landlord is going to ask me whether it's a viable business, and he's going to ask me whether or not it will hurt the existing liquor store's sales (the liquor store has 2,500 s.f., has the premium space in the center and pays a very good rent.)

So that's why I ask.
Maybe call and talk to someone who has experience opening and running a vape store. There are 2 in my area, and they are relatively new. If I were you, I'd try calling one not in your area.. You may not get an honest answer from direct competition.

Most of those brick and mortar vape stores also handle buisness online and use their storefront as a base of operations for that buisness as well..

Ask the potential renter if he has an established store, or on line buisness. If this is his first go at it, he stands less of a chance to succeed obviously.

So that's why I ask.
You're asking questions that require a lot more knowledge than anyone in this thread has about the particulars of your situation. Like where it's located, what the rent is, and what this guy's business plan and advertising look like.

And whatever anyone in this thread tells you, you still don't know.

So that's why I ask.
Maybe call and talk to someone who has experience opening and running a vape store. There are 2 in my area, and they are relatively new. If I were you, I'd try calling one not in your area.. You may not get an honest answer from direct competition.

Most of those brick and mortar vape stores also handle buisness online and use their storefront as a base of operations for that buisness as well..

Ask the potential renter if he has an established store, or on line buisness. If this is his first go at it, he stands less of a chance to succeed obviously.
Thank you.

Tim, electronic cigarettes are a tool people use to stop smoking regular cigarettes without changing the rest of their lifestyle, and it's been really helpful for a whole lot of people. Including a lot of people in this thread. You have, essentially, walked into an AA meeting and asked the people in it if AA meetings are a worthwhile use of space in a building.

Users who are viewing this thread