What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***EPL 2016-17 Fantasy League*** League is set - Good Luck! (1 Viewer)

So they don't consider Alexis Sanchez fantasy EPL owners at all when they make these decisions?

Pretty freaking selfish of them if you ask me.
The flip side is you will get a double week for Sanchez down the road - probably when you face me...

Week 28 has a bunch of players out also - for the FA Cup quarter finals.  All the good team will be out of action:  Spurs, Arsenal, Man United, Man City and Chelsea will be missing that week.

The flip side is you will get a double week for Sanchez down the road - probably when you face me...

Week 28 has a bunch of players out also - for the FA Cup quarter finals.  All the good team will be out of action:  Spurs, Arsenal, Man United, Man City and Chelsea will be missing that week.
Looking forward to that week. Somebody is gonna take me behind the woodshed. :censored:

Costa's goal just about clinches it for me!

I'd have to go 1-3 with AFC going 4-0 for him to win the league.

Alonso-Hazard-Costa trio are my MVPs!

Btw, the scoring changes this year have been magnificent, IMO. Finally got it right, I think.

--The decrease in yellow card penalty

--Decrease in goals against points for defenders

--Addition of tackles and interceptions

How the players score feels more balanced and representative of what they do. 

These would be the only other changes I'd do for the future although I'm not sure the scoring mechanism is in place. All related to PKs:

-- If a player draws a penalty, they should get an assist. The score is a result of their play yet get nothing. An assist score (3 pts) is fair while the PK taker can still get the goal score points

-- Negative points for a missed PK (-1?). 

-- Goalkeeper should get a bonus for stopping a PK as that is a big deal. I would say that's worth 2-3 points.

But again, this has been the best year yet.

-- If a player draws a penalty, they should get an assist. The score is a result of their play yet get nothing. An assist score (3 pts) is fair while the PK taker can still get the goal score points
I've always thought this is how it should work in actual soccer too.

Son drew so many PKs this year.  Stop helping your real team instead of my fantasy team dude.

I want to get out ahead of this for next season. I'm going to be out of the country from 7/26 to 8/7. And the season starts 8/12. Any ideas? Start a little early? Have a live draft a few days before kickoff? Split it in half?

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to get out ahead of this for next season. I'm going to be out of the country from 7/26 to 8/7. And the season starts 8/12. Any ideas? Start a little early? Have a live draft a few days before kickoff? Split it in half?
I'd be fine with starting early. I haven't looked, but if Fantrax has a "Live Draft Room" capability like MFL does, a live draft right before the season would be a blast. Hell, I'd be willing to start a live draft at 11 pm east to accommodate the west coast guys for that matter. 

Btw, the scoring changes this year have been magnificent, IMO. Finally got it right, I think.

--The decrease in yellow card penalty

--Decrease in goals against points for defenders

--Addition of tackles and interceptions

How the players score feels more balanced and representative of what they do. 

These would be the only other changes I'd do for the future although I'm not sure the scoring mechanism is in place. All related to PKs:

-- Negative points for a missed PK (-1?). 

-- Goalkeeper should get a bonus for stopping a PK as that is a big deal. I would say that's worth 2-3 points.

But again, this has been the best year yet.
I'd have to look - but I vaguely remember these being options - i.e assists on PKs, missed PKs, and GK PK save points.

just give me a list...

Seriously though, I'd be fine either way.  I kind of lean towards a split draft.

Just to verify - there are categories for: Assists from Penalty Kicks, Missed Penalty Kicks, and Penalty Kick Saved.

I'd be OK with:

PK Assist: 3 points (same as any assist)

Missed PK: -1 point

PK Save: 1 point (essentially equal to 3 saves)

Just to verify - there are categories for: Assists from Penalty Kicks, Missed Penalty Kicks, and Penalty Kick Saved.

I'd be OK with:

Those numbers work for me. :thumbup:     I'd be fine with a split draft, also.

So, as we head into the final matches - I think there are only a few questions left:

1. @JMon348 / Wengerbus will win the league - Congrats!  A tough manager, who was always one step ahead on the waiver wire.

2. 2nd place is between @drunken slob and @TLEF316 - If DS wins, he gets 2nd.  If DS loses and TLEF wins, it will come down to total points - currently separated by 1.9 points

3. 3rd place Tlef gets 3rd if he wins, if he loses - it comes down to @Sinn Fein v @Christo  - If I win, I will get 3rd, if Christo wins, Tlef will likely win the points battle - 50+ point lead, ditto if @FreeBaGeL wins to tie on record - tlef has an insurmountable points lead

4.  4th place - Sinn v. Christo = Sinn wins, then in the money.  If Christo wins, it will come down to FreeBaGel and Christo on points (assuming FBG wins) - they are currently separated by 0.7 points.

Congrats to JMON. Psyched to be in the $$ after having such a terrible team last year. Definitely in for next season.

1st: 50% - @JMon348 - $245

2nd: 25% - @drunken slob - $122.50

3rd: 15% - @TLEF316 - $73.50

4th: 10% - @Sinn Fein - $49

5th+: Pat on the back.  PM @The Gator for details.

Winners PM @Christo Paypal details to get paid.

Christo - I am assuming you will be on board next season, and will serve as our able treasurer again.  If so - if any winners choose to keep money with Christo ($35) for next season, let us know.  That is my intention - pending approval from Christo.

I'd be OK with:

These are perfect and would be awesome.  And with the scoring changes as well as allowing lineup changes up to 5 minutes prior to kickoff we made this year, this was a LOT more fun than earlier years.  Huge difference.

As such, I'm in for next year despite getting Arsenaled this year.

These are perfect and would be awesome.  And with the scoring changes as well as allowing lineup changes up to 5 minutes prior to kickoff we made this year, this was a LOT more fun than earlier years.  Huge difference.

As such, I'm in for next year despite getting Arsenaled this year.

That was a tough match-up last week.  You were the only team I would lose to in a tiebreaker - so I was in a must win scenario - turns out we both were...

$14 ($49-$35) sent to Sinn Fein

Holding fee for next year.
Confirmed.  I'll start a new thread in a few days to get things going for next season.

I think we will want to target an early July start date for the draft - particularly if we are going to to a split draft.

Users who are viewing this thread