What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Evan Hull, RB, IND (1 Viewer)

eighsse2

Footballguy
Mostly going unnoticed. Some people seem very high on this guy. What are you all's opinions on him? I am no good at scouting.

Obviously his biggest knock is being behind Jonathan Taylor.

Took late in rookie draft, parking in taxi squad. Not expecting much, probably end up releasing this time next season, but who knows what might happen with injuries etc, doesn't seem a great deal of note behind JT

Suppose Taylor is gone. Has to move the needle. But is it significant?
In my recent 16 team start-up draft I nabbed Deon Jackson in the late rounds, then Hull in the rookie draft.

On the one hand, I’m not particularly optimistic for whoever the RB is in INDY this year.

OTOH, it would absolutely bump both of their values. I’d try to sell immediately. lol

just saw him go for a 3rd in FFPC. seems a bit premature.
I landed him with a 5th round pick in a rookie draft 2 weeks ago. If I could flip him for a 2024 3rd I’d probably do it in a heartbeat.

That said, I’ve seen talk that he might get the Hines role, which would conceivably put him in the flex discussion, but that also feels premature until we’ve seen this offense function, and seen ARich actually target running backs.

Bumping for discussion given increasing trade talk regarding JT - what are people thinking of doing in the event of Taylor being traded? Obviously there is the possibility of them signing a veteran as a stop gap for cheap which would limit Hull's immediate value, but I don't know if the general consensus is to cash out or to see what happens

Bumping for discussion given increasing trade talk regarding JT - what are people thinking of doing in the event of Taylor being traded? Obviously there is the possibility of them signing a veteran as a stop gap for cheap which would limit Hull's immediate value, but I don't know if the general consensus is to cash out or to see what happens

The big question is are you able to cash out on him...I could see him being a throw-in as part of a bigger deal but outside of leagues that have a lot of rookie-draft rounds I'm not sure what you could get for him...I think the best bet is to sit tight and let the Taylor situation play out...if Taylor gets dealt there is definitely a pathway for some type of production for him...I would think the Colts bring in another RB if they deal Taylor but at this point who would it be...Fournette and Hunt come to mind right away but in the spot the Colts are in I would think that is as good of opportunity as Hull could get to be productive.

The big question is are you able to cash out on him...I could see him being a throw-in as part of a bigger deal but outside of leagues that have a lot of rookie-draft rounds I'm not sure what you could get for him...I think the best bet is to sit tight and let the Taylor situation play out...if Taylor gets dealt there is definitely a pathway for some type of production for him...I would think the Colts bring in another RB if they deal Taylor but at this point who would it be...Fournette and Hunt come to mind right away but in the spot the Colts are in I would think that is as good of opportunity as Hull could get to be productive.
They already signed Kenyan Drake. Not sure they bring another veteran in for what looks to be a down season.

They already signed Kenyan Drake. Not sure they bring another veteran in for what looks to be a down season.
That is logical reasoning, but they might be thinking beyond 2023 by bringing in someone like Kareem Hunt. As for 2023, I think Moss will be the starter when he's ready. I don't think any Colts RB is viable in fantasy this year for the most part. Perhaps as an emergency filler for bye weeks. If anyone is relying on any Colts RB in 2023 beyond that, then they have bigger problems.

I see Drake as luggage so if they don't bring anything else in Hull's value would take a big jump if Taylor gets traded....when I say big jump he is still a back-bench fantasy depth piece but when it comes to RBs and fantasy you can never have enough depth as the seasons goes on.

I see Drake as luggage so if they don't bring anything else in Hull's value would take a big jump if Taylor gets traded....when I say big jump he is still a back-bench fantasy depth piece but when it comes to RBs and fantasy you can never have enough depth as the seasons goes on.
Yeah, I wasn’t trying to say Drake is anything great, but he’s been solid in his last few stops and the team may not want to sink more money into the position. They may run with Drake until Moss comes back and then run Moss and one of the younger backs - with Drake mixed in a little as depth - to play the season out.

Seems like Deon will get first crack, but Hull looks really good.

I have Deon in 2 of my 16 team dynasty leagues & Hull on the TS in one of those.

Here’s hoping JT finds a new home soon. 🤞🏼

I have Deon in 2 of my 16 team dynasty leagues & Hull on the TS in one of those.

I don't believe the Colts trade JT if they don't get a good offer.

I agree. I’m skeptical it gets done.

But in that case, does JT just come back and suit up? That also seems unlikely considering how badly the relationship has broken down.

I agree. I’m skeptical it gets done.

But in that case, does JT just come back and suit up? That also seems unlikely considering how badly the relationship has broken down.
That I couldn't tell you. It's not like he has a bank full of money on that rookie contract, so I'm not so sure he wants to go without a paycheck.

Colts HC Shane Steichen said Evan Hull will miss “some time” with a knee injury.

Hull exited Week 1’s matchup against the Jaguars and did not return to the field. The rookie fifth-round pick managed just two offensive touches on the day, and worked well behind incumbent Deon Jackson. Anybody who opted to stash Hull early in the season can drop him.

FOX59’s Mike Chappell reports the Colts are placing RB Evan Hull on the IR.
Due to a knee injury suffered in Week 1, Hull will be out at least four games. The move made room for the Colts to put Jake Funk to the active roster from the practice squad. With Jonathan Taylor still out, the Colts are now down to Funk, Deon Jackson and Zack Moss at the running back position.

1075 the Fan’s Kevin Bowen reports it” sounds like Evan Hull (knee) is done for the year.”
Bowen asked Colts head coach Shane Steichen about Hull’s status on Friday. We don’t have the exact quote from Steichen, but Bowen’s interpretation of the update gives Hull a bleak outlook. The rookie running back went down with a knee injury in Week 1. If this is the end of Hull’s season, he will enter training camp in 2024 looking to secure the backup role in Indy.

Sucks if true, but from a fantasy standpoint it's hard to see how he would have been relevant this year seeing how Taylor reupped, better to leave him to get right

Users who are viewing this thread