What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ever changed your style as an adult? (2 Viewers)

Loose, boxy jeans are definitely sending the same message as cotton sweats: you've given up caring. At this age, some of you have earned that, so do what you like.

That's all I see the youth wearing nowadays (18-25 ish). The cycle of fashion is quite amusing.
Yes, the trendy kids are getting into that for sure, the flared pants for girls even had a recent run. So did the high waisted thing. It's all cyclical.
regional and age. my 19 year old lives in NYC and she wears pants and jackets that are 2 sizes too big.

Loose, boxy jeans are definitely sending the same message as cotton sweats: you've given up caring. At this age, some of you have earned that, so do what you like.

That's all I see the youth wearing nowadays (18-25 ish). The cycle of fashion is quite amusing.
Yes, the trendy kids are getting into that for sure, the flared pants for girls even had a recent run. So did the high waisted thing. It's all cyclical.

If those JNCO jeans make a comeback, I might neck 🤦‍♂️
Luckily these were a soft flair like bell bottoms and at least in Metro Detroit it didn't really take. You know that JNCO **** is coming back but likely only the hardcore elite fashion freaks.

regional and age. my 19 year old lives in NYC and she wears pants and jackets that are 2 sizes too big.
Oh yeah baggy and comfortable is way in. Seems all pretty easily connected whether we are talking casual like sweats or "formal" like jean. All about comfort.

Luckily these were a soft flair like bell bottoms and at least in Metro Detroit it didn't really take. You know that JNCO **** is coming back but likely only the hardcore elite fashion freaks.

I spoke too soon. Even Vogue is giving them love. Yikes

In my 30s, and I just switched from wearing boxers my entire life to boxer briefs, and oh man do my boys love the support.

And everything down there is in a much more flattering shape now :D

Some folks had mentioned Vuori. Saw this that they're having a sale.
Not on sale right now, but the Vuori Strato Tech tee is the softest shirt I've ever worn. Have yet to go wrong with anything I've bought from them.
I have a sweatshirt that is staring to fray on the sleeves and some grey sweats from them that have a small hole next to the back pocket. But I’ve worn the **** out of them over the past 5 years. but yes, everything else is holding up.

lost weight and everything got slimmer. otherwise, same general style as always just better fitting and higher quality.
so hot
Vuori changed my life
The only thing I wear:

Thanks. I'd never seen the Duer. Not a fan of the giant label on the back but the rest looks good.

I spoke too soon. Even Vogue is giving them love. Yikes

my 13 year old loves Oliver Tree, JNCO and 2xl everything even though she's the size of a normal 13 year old

Saw someone wearing a Baracuta G9 the other day and wished I still had mine. Looked online to see if I could grab one for spring/fall wear. I’ll pass at $479

“True its a dream mixed with nostalgia
But its a dream that Ill always hang on to”

Saw someone wearing a Baracuta G9 the other day and wished I still had mine. Looked online to see if I could grab one for spring/fall wear. I’ll pass at $479

A what now? Is that like a Members Only jacket?

You can get a nearly identical jacket from Bonobos for $199

link

Oh hell no

My link
Oh so like a British Members Only jacket? I mean it is cooler, I will say that.

Oh hell no

My link

That's a good looking jacket. Worth the premium over the Bonobos.
There’s no substitute for the real thing. I had a navy and a mint green

Covid and WFH changed my style. Used to be slacks and suits, now it's joggers and hoodies.
I am fortunate that I can wear just about anything I want to work. I wear a hoodie nearly everyday. I have a corduroy one, a cotton one, a printed one, a sleeveless one (for real but havent worn that one to work yet), a couple zip up ones, a few with holes in the elbows. A hoodie is definitely my go to over a simple t-shirt

If you travel a lot and flirt with one bagger life... Merino wool Tees (short and long sleeve) are life.

About to bounce around 7 countries in the next 2ish weeks and I'm basically packed in a 22" carryon thanks to quality Merino Wool shirts/socks.

Remove cold weather from the occasion and I could probably live for a month or two in a moderate climate out of my 28L Cotopaxi Allpa backpack.

Anyone else a travel wardrobe / "Onebagger" dork too?

If you travel a lot and flirt with one bagger life... Merino wool Tees (short and long sleeve) are life.

About to bounce around 7 countries in the next 2ish weeks and I'm basically packed in a 22" carryon thanks to quality Merino Wool shirts/socks.

Remove cold weather from the occasion and I could probably live for a month or two in a moderate climate out of my 28L Cotopaxi Allpa backpack.

Not familiar with that term, but excluding ski clothes, I always carry exactly one bag, a Cotopaxi Alpa 35L. Shirts are wool and Capilene, a couple pair of climbing pants, and Smartwool socks. More recently, I’ve added a pair of jeans. All that stuff can be worn multiple times before it stinks.

one bagger used to be a guy who had deal with testicular issues but hey you use the term however you want to take that to the bank brochacho

My kids are banned from ever wearing pajama pants out of the house. A few weeks ago one of my boys was going to wear pajama pants to the gym. I asked him if he had any self respect.

Went back to his room and he changed into some proper attire.

F'n kids...... :lol:

Anyone else have an impossible time finding t-shirts that fit right? It seems like no matter what brand and no matter what I do, in a large, I feel like I'm busting out of the thing with manboobs in the chest and then an XL just hangs off me and looks way too loose.

I'm not fit enough to wear the tight fitting large but I also don't like the look of the loose fitting XL. Sometimes a European or slim fitting XL seems to do the trick but other times I have to go XXL in them just to get it on.

I've lost a few inches in the belly and gained a small amount in the shoulders and now half the shirts I put on feel to short, like I'm flexing my belly button to the crowd.

Anyway, this probably belongs in the rant thread but open to suggestions here.

ETA - I see this was addressed above.

I had to look this up. It’s basically a members only jacket w/o the shoulder straps.

My kids are banned from ever wearing pajama pants out of the house. A few weeks ago one of my boys was going to wear pajama pants to the gym. I asked him if he had any self respect.

Went back to his room and he changed into some proper attire.

F'n kids...... :lol:

I thought this was how Skidz were born in the late 80s.

Anyone else have an impossible time finding t-shirts that fit right? It seems like no matter what brand and no matter what I do, in a large, I feel like I'm busting out of the thing with manboobs in the chest and then an XL just hangs off me and looks way too loose.

I'm not fit enough to wear the tight fitting large but I also don't like the look of the loose fitting XL. Sometimes a European or slim fitting XL seems to do the trick but other times I have to go XXL in them just to get it on.

I've lost a few inches in the belly and gained a small amount in the shoulders and now half the shirts I put on feel to short, like I'm flexing my belly button to the crowd.

Very picky on how my t-shirts fit. For a long time I was right in that middle spot between XL and XXL, but have settled on XL only, even if it is a little fitting for a fat guy.

one bagger used to be a guy who had deal with testicular issues but hey you use the term however you want to take that to the bank brochacho

Let's go no jokes on single ball dudes, thanks.

Not familiar with that term, but excluding ski clothes, I always carry exactly one bag, a Cotopaxi Alpa 35L. Shirts are wool and Capilene, a couple pair of climbing pants, and Smartwool socks. More recently, I’ve added a pair of jeans. All that stuff can be worn multiple times before it stinks.
Yep I wore a pair of Smartwool socks for a week once just out of morbid curiousity and they somehow did not stink.

Id never do that in practical life but it's good to know you've got flexibility.

Nice to see another Allpa fan. Best bag I've ever owned I think.

Let's go no jokes on single ball dudes, thanks.
in twenty years you have 8 posts brohan i absolutely admire the tenacity nay the balls it takes to hold on to a schtick that long take that to the bank brochacho

I thought the comment earlier about shirts being soft was interesting. The fabric on most any t-shirt is soft enough in my experience. The differentiator is finding the right fit.

Interestingly enough, this is the entire business model for https://www.trueclassictees.com/

They're inexpensive and at least for me, fit just right.

Last edited:

Think the classic red James Dean jacket. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harrington_jacket
Unfortunately, we don’t look like James Dean.

Old people used to say I look like Steve McQueen, but I don’t exactly take that as a compliment

Very picky on how my t-shirts fit. For a long time I was right in that middle spot between XL and XXL, but have settled on XL only, even if it is a little fitting for a fat guy.

It really depends on the designer, material and style. My best advice to you NV is keep trying out different brands until you find one that suits you. There are millions of options out there, many tailored for specific fits (see Joe's post). Gone are the days where your only options were Glidan, Hanes, American Apparel and Calvin Klein.

Last edited:

Old people used to say I look like Steve McQueen, but I don’t exactly take that as a compliment

Good point. Lots of models can make most anything look good. (Brad Pitt with the bucket hat scraggly beard broke that theory for me though). But your overall point is a good one.

A lot of style is understanding your body and what works for you.

Good point. Lots of models can make most anything look good. (Brad Pitt with the bucket hat scraggly beard broke that theory for me though). But your overall point is a good one.

A lot of style is understanding your body and what works for you.

Under Armer and their buff busts - have fooled many a flabby man into a purchase.

ETA - I see this was addressed above.

I had to look this up. It’s basically a members only jacket w/o the shoulder straps.
No. Absolutely not. It’s like comparing Jordans to Skechers etc

Since I'm an older guy in the dating world, I receive plenty of advice and comments from women, both solicited and unsolicited, about what I should and should not be wearing. Jeans are not completely out, but they definitely are not the standard casual wear they used to be. I have cleaned out my closet and started over, and now have one pair of dark denim and one pair of black jeans. Both fit properly, which is the most important thing.

Sweatpants are way way more acceptable than I ever thought they would be. Again, need to fit properly and jogger style but the kids have replaced jeans with sweats as their just standard out and about wear. It’s weird to me still.
Joggers aren't really the same as the sweats we grew up with. Combination of Covid and brands like Vuori and Mack Weldon have changed the whole jogger thing. I work from home and wear joggers all day, whether it's to the gym or grocery store. I only wear nicer clothes if I'm going out somewhere. Again, I'm in the Northwest. If I was in SoCal still it would be shorts and flip flops every day.

My daughter is 19. She wore pajamas to high school. She and most of her friends get their clothes from thrift stores and foreign websites so they don't look like they bought their clothes at a chain store.
It’s Mack Weldon for me. Working from home, I’m in their Ace Sweatpants all the time.

My friend Max Israel owns a cool clothing company in Lisbon. https://www.ychroma.com/. The quality is outstanding, but it's not inexpensive. I have several pieces from them. His thing is he's a guy in his 50's and he designs for guys in their 50's.

Chest pockets on jackets to draw your eye up, not to the midsection. That kind of thing.

It's super smart and I think he does a great job. I don't go as all out on the bright colors as he does all together but sprinkle pieces in.

My friend Max Israel owns a cool clothing company in Lisbon. https://www.ychroma.com/. The quality is outstanding, but it's not inexpensive. I have several pieces from them. His thing is he's a guy in his 50's and he designs for guys in their 50's.

Chest pockets on jackets to draw your eye up, not to the midsection. That kind of thing.

It's super smart and I think he does a great job. I don't go as all out on the bright colors as he does all together but sprinkle pieces in.

Not bad. I like the outfit of the day videos showing how it will look on a person.

Covid and WFH changed my style. Used to be slacks and suits, now it's joggers and hoodies.
I am fortunate that I can wear just about anything I want to work. I wear a hoodie nearly everyday. I have a corduroy one, a cotton one, a printed one, a sleeveless one (for real but havent worn that one to work yet), a couple zip up ones, a few with holes in the elbows. A hoodie is definitely my go to over a simple t-shirt
The bad thing is my hoodie/jogger combos are more expensive than my slacks/shirts combos. Pretty sure I'm solely responsible for the Vouri and Unrl brands blowing up.

The bad thing is my hoodie/jogger combos are more expensive than my slacks/shirts combos. Pretty sure I'm solely responsible for the Vouri and Unrl brands blowing up.
Do you have links for the ones you like?

I recently bought a bunch of t-shirts from different companies for this very reason. Returned the ones that didn't fit. I'm between an XL and a L. The three best fitting brands I found are BYLT, Vuori and Asket.

Users who are viewing this thread