What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Facebook IPO thread (1 Viewer)

New alltime lows set almost daily on this turd of turds. Everyone is bailing now. All that is left are catchers of falling knives.

There is an article that says this POS is deeply undervalued at $50 billion. :lmao:

now dipping below $20 per share.

now it's just getting comical between them and ZYNGA.

i wish i would've had the balls to short Zynga as i always thought that was a piece of junk.

but i wouldn't have shorted facebook... this surprises me honestly

New alltime lows set almost daily on this turd of turds. Everyone is bailing now. All that is left are catchers of falling knives.

There is an article that says this POS is deeply undervalued at $50 billion. :lmao:
Dude grow up man. I never take delight in watching other people's investments get smacked. Karma can be a mean little b*

Dude grow up man. I never take delight in watching other people's investments get smacked. Karma can be a mean little b*
All thread I've been picturing him as Kramer, taking pleasure in watching Jerry's plight as Cendrex stock falls. Maybe FB would have more success figuring out a way to televise opera.

I am now in the green in my 4000 shares of facebook. As of yesterday's close I was up about a whopping $750 for my 4000 shares. A nice 1/2 of a percent gain so far ;-)

Again I am here for the long run and am hoping these 4000 shares pay off looking out about 12 - 18 months.
Update?
I am down just over $30K of my $120K investment in fb. Still 10-16 months left to go, not really a noticable hit in my portfolio, but I still think the upside is worth the tiny risk. 10-16 months to go.I also may not be done buying, at $22 or $20 I might buy more.
:popcorn:
Got 2000 at 20, I don't expect it to hit 16 (sold 65 goog to get in more, don't expect it to hit 16, but already have the order in.)

I am now in the green in my 4000 shares of facebook. As of yesterday's close I was up about a whopping $750 for my 4000 shares. A nice 1/2 of a percent gain so far ;-)

Again I am here for the long run and am hoping these 4000 shares pay off looking out about 12 - 18 months.
Update?
I am down just over $30K of my $120K investment in fb. Still 10-16 months left to go, not really a noticable hit in my portfolio, but I still think the upside is worth the tiny risk. 10-16 months to go.I also may not be done buying, at $22 or $20 I might buy more.
Got 2000 at 20, I don't expect it to hit 16 (sold 65 goog to get in more, don't expect it to hit 16, but already have the order in.)
I wish you luck. But I do not share your optimism for the long-term outlook of this stock. Sometimes its just better to leave well enough alone. It will be interesting to watch, but I think you would have gotten better returns on your google investment.

Update?
I respect that everyone has their own style, but I never leave long term orders for any trades. You are essentially giving the brokerage your balance sheet for free, when they really should be paying for it. With the Volker rule and all that, the value of your balance sheet has gone up.

Update?
I wish you luck. But I do not share your optimism for the long-term outlook of this stock. Sometimes its just better to leave well enough alone. It will be interesting to watch, but I think you would have gotten better returns on your google investment.
I am playing with house money still on facebook thanks to google.

Last edited by a moderator:

Update?
As far as google goes I am playing with house money still on facebook.
Why does it matter what the source of the money is. Every new dollar invested should be analyzed the same.But I guess the people who use this same flawed analogy invest in FB and wheat pennies.

Me: :lmao: You: :cry:

How could anyone with a brain not know what a POS this thing was and priced way above it's value.

Why would I cry? I don't own it. I just don't behave like an ### when people lose money on an investment.

Update?
This is a live :tfp: unfolding in front of us.

How could anyone with a brain not know what a POS this thing was and priced way above it's value.
favreCoplease post your current awesome holdings!!!!!!!

TIA!!!!!!11111

Thinking of dipping a toe in at $14, then getting deeper if it hits $12
arent they coming up on the day when empoyees can sell their shares? And then later this year when original investors can sell theirs?and if thats all true, isnt this thing going to slide until all those guys have bailed out?

now dipping below $20 per share.now it's just getting comical between them and ZYNGA.i wish i would've had the balls to short Zynga as i always thought that was a piece of junk.but i wouldn't have shorted facebook... this surprises me honestly
I'm sort of shocked zynga tanked. They at least had some real revenue.

Is Zynga a "buy"?
No. Like most games, they don't have a long enough attention span. That's why they need to keep putting out new games and can't afford a miss. Video games are best profitable when they release for a big price point, players win, and are made to wait a few months for The next version to build up demand. People get burnt out playing different versions of the same game over and over.

Facebook Dump Day begins tomorrow.

The first of several tiers of privately held stock can be sold to the open market. Presumably many will be selling the off tomorrow. Good times for toadstool et al.

I am occasionally seeing an uptick. Who would buy this POS today?

ETA: I guess if you're shorting it or on put.

Only down $1.28 (6%). I expected worse.

Funny thing is I have an idea that I honestly think could make this a $100 stock in one year, but have no idea how to get it to them.

Only down $1.28 (6%). I expected worse.Funny thing is I have an idea that I honestly think could make this a $100 stock in one year, but have no idea how to get it to them.
If it was going ot be worse, the slide would have started before today. I think most folks see this as a ~ $20 stock.What they ought to do, is charge a nominal annual fee for access $10-20/year, and then provide storage space in the cloud for photos, etc.

I got a plan that could make them way more without having to break their brand promise. They wouldn't have to charge users a dime, in fact, would provide users a valuable service for free, and it would make them bajillions.

Only down $1.28 (6%). I expected worse.Funny thing is I have an idea that I honestly think could make this a $100 stock in one year, but have no idea how to get it to them.
If it was going ot be worse, the slide would have started before today. I think most folks see this as a ~ $20 stock.What they ought to do, is charge a nominal annual fee for access $10-20/year, and then provide storage space in the cloud for photos, etc.
I honestly don't think they've gone to user fees because they're afraid of exposing how few accounts are legitimate and truly active.

I honestly don't think they've gone to user fees because they're afraid of exposing how few accounts are legitimate and truly active.
And then a free competitor will start up and take their active users.

'Clifford said:
I got a plan that could make them way more without having to break their brand promise. They wouldn't have to charge users a dime, in fact, would provide users a valuable service for free, and it would make them bajillions.
Go on....

I'm actually thinking about trying to horn my way in and trap someone with an elevator pitch next time I am out there. Need to talk to my dad about protecting the IP before that. I'd imagine if they want to still it from me and give me nothing there's little I can do because it would only work if they did it.

Once I have that chance I will divulge how quickly I was thrown out.

Users who are viewing this thread