What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel Week 1 (1 Viewer)

It appears to be a permanent switch.  Their position is it levels the playing field.  No one has the info, before anyone who wanted the info (and therefor an unfair advantage over other players) could enter a contest on Thursdays and have a pretty good idea of what ownership would look like on Sunday.  If you really want it you can get a decent idea from the Fantasy Aces Thursday contests.

Yeah, this guy has posted Fantasy Aces ownership.  Any thoughts on how it translates to FD?  The top names look pretty similar across positions. 

http://www.twoqbs.com/dfs/fantasy-aces-week-1-dfs-ownership/

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I bet we can get a pretty good handle what Fantasy Aces Thursday ownership numbers mean for Fanduel Sunday ownership by next week.  Ill keep the ownership numbers and check them against Fanduels. Off the top of my head a .66 multiplier for quarterback and a .75 multiplier for skill position players seems like a reasonable starting point.

Edit:  Well scrap that.  Both Cam and Siemian were higher owned on Fanduel than Aces.

Well, I bet we can get a pretty good handle what Fantasy Aces Thursday ownership numbers mean for Fanduel Sunday ownership by next week.  Ill keep the ownership numbers and check them against Fanduels. Off the top of my head a .66 multiplier for quarterback and a .75 multiplier for skill position players seems like a reasonable starting point.

Edit:  Well scrap that.  Both Cam and Siemian were higher owned on Fanduel than Aces.
where are you getting FD numbers from?  Counting from entered contests?

And how do you think they get to 31? Rawls coming off a busted ankle? 4 defensive TDS? CMike 3 TDS? I think Wilson accounts for 3 scores.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but this is how I see it: Seattle dominates with Michael running the ball so they can rest Rawls and Wilson won't need to throw a lot. And before you ask, no, I don't own Michael in any leagues so I am neutral on the subject.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but this is how I see it: Seattle dominates with Michael running the ball so they can rest Rawls and Wilson won't need to throw a lot. And before you ask, no, I don't own Michael in any leagues so I am neutral on the subject.
I can see that, no 1 projected scoring team I just wonder where the offense will come from. C Mike has let down in a lot of spots over the years. I dont think I can play C Mike in cash. I am leaning Stafford/Wilson in cash but am considering Carr also as of now. I am not sure I want any QB/WR correlation in cash this week so running Wilson out there naked may be my play as I already have Jones and Crabtree most likely as 2 of my WRs.

I can see that, no 1 projected scoring team I just wonder where the offense will come from. C Mike has let down in a lot of spots over the years. I dont think I can play C Mike in cash. I am leaning Stafford/Wilson in cash but am considering Carr also as of now. I am not sure I want any QB/WR correlation in cash this week so running Wilson out there naked may be my play as I already have Jones and Crabtree most likely as 2 of my WRs.
To bolster your argument, Miami secondary is terrible. So a big Russell game is definitely possible.

I am hearing reports west is ahead of Ware on the depth chart? Anyone else finding this out?
Well now there finally are blurbs on Roto suggesting that West is going to mix in, that the KC website lists West as the RB2 behind Charles, and Reid saying that the RB will depend on situation and personnel.  Probably nothing other than mis-direction or keeping all options open to require the defense to prepare, but it's not great to hear seeing as I finalized lineups last night for Sunday, all 3 of which feature Ware.  

Well now there finally are blurbs on Roto suggesting that West is going to mix in, that the KC website lists West as the RB2 behind Charles, and Reid saying that the RB will depend on situation and personnel.  Probably nothing other than mis-direction or keeping all options open to require the defense to prepare, but it's not great to hear seeing as I finalized lineups last night for Sunday, all 3 of which feature Ware.  
Yeah, this is a little disconcerting.  Might end-up being too uncertain for my liking in cash.

Yeah, this is a little disconcerting.  Might end-up being too uncertain for my liking in cash.
I think the the "Ware is the starter" was always a smokescreen. KC never indicated that West had lost touches altogether. The reason I will still own Ware in a few contests is I think both Ware and West will fare well against SD.

Considering rolling with M. Bennett at TE if Gronkowski is out on Sunday.  However, because I've been using mostly Fleener I am finding it hard to spend the 300 freed up dollars for an upgrade.

Considering rolling with M. Bennett at TE if Gronkowski is out on Sunday.  However, because I've been using mostly Fleener I am finding it hard to spend the 300 freed up dollars for an upgrade.
Given what I've heard about Fleener's progress, Bennett will be worth the upgrade if Gronk sits.

That Chiefs unofficial depth chart is no bueno.  On the bright side, Charles may be the starter, but hes not playing much.  That much Im sure of.  After that, even if Charles only gets say 5 of 30 rushing attempts that still only leaves 25 to split between the two.

Sources officially have Gronk sitting.  May look to sub James White for Ware given the KC news.  Is upgrading White with Gronk out backward thinking?

lmack said:
Who says you have to spend all your money?  

QB

Taylor

RB

Elliot

Foster

WR

Hopkins

Jordy

Cooks

TE

Bennett

K

Tucker

DEF

Browns (You read that right) 

I like Bennett a lot now (with Gronk sitting) at $5,100.  Using Dak + Bennet frees up enough cash to have your pick of RB / WR.

Reed will probably make me regret this on Monday, but it's too good to pass up.

Carver I'm also all over Browns D.  Weird week 1 indeed.

Moved off Ware and am now heavily invested in DWill, Julio and Marvin Jones.  Feeling overly-confident on these lineups:

Cash:

Dak / Miller, Dwill / Julio, Hopkins, Marvin / Reed, Vin, Seahawks

Wilson / Gurley, Dwill / ODB, Crabtree, Marvin / Bennett, Crosby, Seahawks

Stafford / Lamar, Dwill / Julio, Allen, Marvin / Kelce, Boswell, Seahawks

GPP:

Stafford / Lamar, Dwill / Julio, Allen, Marvin / Kelce, Boswell, Texans  --> Stafford/Marvin and Lamar/Texans stacks

Carr / Gurley, Elliot / Julio, Cooper, Marvin / Jesse James, Tucker, Rams  --> Gurley/Rams and Carr/Cooper stacks

Cousins / Lamar, Rashad / Julio, Crabtree, Lockett / Reed, Tucker, Seahawks --> Cousins/Reed and Lockett/Seahawks stacks

Got this as my main cash game lineup at the moment...

Prescott

Michael

Ware

Brown

Jones

Beckham

Reed

Vinatieri

Seattle

Prescott, Michael, Ware combo may be too risky, but I keep thinking they will be heavily owned and should return value.  It isn't often you can construct a lineup with Brown, Jones and Beckham!  With Reed as well, I may have to give it a go.

Edit...If I swap Bennett in for Reed, I can upgrade Prescott to Stafford.  Hmmmm...

After processing all the injuries Im pretty sure Ive got my final answers for cash:

Dak Prescott
Todd Gurley
David Johnson
Julio Jones
Mike Evans
Marvin Jones
Martellus Bennett
Stephen Haushka
Seattle

And

Matt Stafford
Spencer Ware
DeAngelo WIlliams
Julio Jones
DeAndre Hopkins
Marvin Jones
Jordan Reed
Stephen Haushka
Seattle

After processing all the injuries Im pretty sure Ive got my final answers for cash:

Dak Prescott
Todd Gurley
David Johnson
Julio Jones
Mike Evans
Marvin Jones
Martellus Bennett
Stephen Haushka
Seattle

And

Matt Stafford
Spencer Ware
DeAngelo WIlliams
Julio Jones
DeAndre Hopkins
Marvin Jones
Jordan Reed
Stephen Haushka
Seattle

I like it. I am leaning more towards a similar LU as your second but with C Mike and David Johnson at RB. Watkins also. Diff K and DEF too. I do love Wilson this week so I am still up in air to run him out in cash. Im still thinking of whether to roll out Ware also. Just worried West gets a early TD and they give the reigns to him most the game.. With C Mike(who I bashed earlier) I think he gets 60/40 or even 70/30 of the carries compared to Rawls. If Pete Carroll keeps his word and this is a pre season game for Rawls, I bet he sees 8-10 carries. No need to rush him back the way Michael has been looking and given the easy W in my eyes. I am curious the Mike Evans play, I love the guy in general as a player but this week vs ATL is a bad match up. Just due to targets? Trufant is no joke and could shut him down. I think Alshon is one guy I may roll the dice with in cash if I change up my LU, he should see 10+ targets due to game flow/no one else there to gobble them up. AJ Green and A Rob as well for targets. cheaper guys I like Crabtree, Moncrief(not sure I will have him), Cobb who isnt that cheap but is much better when Jordy is back, I doubt Ramsey can lock him down in his first NFL game, I like Landry on DK just due to targets alone, DJax in the Monday night game, and Baldwin.

Im thinking Winston announces his arrival as a true top 5 QB tomorrow and Evans is the beneficiary.  I think he sees 10-15 targets in a back and forth game that goes quite a bit over the Vegas line.

I don't see the need to play Evans in cash. When VJax plays he averages only 8 targets a game, so projecting 15 is quite an outlier. 

Marshall, Jeffery, or Allen offer much safer target volume for the same relative price 

I'm strongly considering Arian in GPP. Ajayi pitched a hissy fit w/ Arian getting the start so the team just left him behind. I know it's a tough matchup but he can go off against anyone at any time. 

OK guys here we go, week 1.

QB's I like:

Carson Palmer - NE traveling West, all receivers are healthy, will probably have lots of possessions as I don't think Jimmy G will be able to sustain too many drives, esp w/o Gronk.

Ryan Fitzpatrick - yes it is the Bengals, but they are playing at home and have a lot of weapons to move the ball down the field. Think Dalton will struggle against the Jets.

Matthew Stafford - duh. This Colts defense is going to be bad. Playing in a dome, has a ton of options including his pass catching backs, Ebron is healthy.

Kirk Cousins - I'm not sure what the Steelers D will look like but I think DJax + Reed will have solid games. PIT without some key components of their offense.

* Normally I would put Russell Wilson here, but this Dolphins team is without some players and still figuring things out, traveling West too... I don't think Wilson will have to do much.

RB's I like:

Devonta Freeman - I just really like how the Falcons match up against the Bucs at home. I'm not sure if this is a close game or a rout but Julio Jones is going to open up a lot of lanes and passes for Freeman.

Matt Forte - This is my contrarian pick of the week. I like RBs playing at home and that I think are on the winning teams (Vegas is not always right, make your own decisions). If he gets the volume he is a solid GPP play at $6500.

Ryan Mathews - Very interested to see how this Browns-Eagles game pans out. Pederson loves to run the ball and Mathews is a borderline RB1 when healthy. Playing at home, and I think Wentz will be above average.

* On Spencer Ware, I think he WAS the chalk play but now I'm not so sure. I think West and even Knile Davis are involved and vulture a TD or 2.

WR's I like:

Antonio Brown - just going to get a ton of targets, esp. with Wheaton out.

Julio Jones - not sure if he will be shadowed by Grimes, but he should be able to take advantage of the rookie Hargreaves.

Alshon Jeffery - liked this play whether Kevin White was playing or not. Will be force-fed the ball and definitely can see some garbage points.

Sammy Watkins - When healthy he's a WR1, Ravens were awful last year against the pass.

John Brown - He's healthy and priced way too low in a game that the Cardinals will dominate.

DeSean Jackson - Questionable PIT secondary, Jackson still has the speed to burn someone for a TD.

Terrelle Pryor - I bet he keeps the TD pre-season streak going.

TE's I like:

Eric Ebron - Noted above, Lions should be able to move the ball at will. Ebron has all the upside in the world.

Dwayne Allen - Luck will have to throw a lot, should be interesting to see how much Allen gets targeted.

Jacob Tamme - I guess I think the Falcons will rout the Bucs - good bet for a TD.

Psst... Take a flyer on Jessie James if you want to REALLY gamble at TE. 

Seems like he's built some chemistry with Ben, and the Stealers are short on options in the passing game this week. 

Homing in a bit on something like these for my cash action:

Stafford

Elliott/Michael

Brown/Julio/Crabtree

Bennett

Hauschka

Seattle

Wilson

McCoy/Jennings

Brown/Alshon/Ma. Jones

Reed

Vinatieri

Browns

The 2nd lineup is obviously contrary to sound cash game principles at a few spots. I'm playing my own game scripts in some respects there -- I think Jennings gets fed the ball against a horrible Dallas defense and I think the Eagles' awfulness is so great even the Browns can't blow it. This lineup could easily change w/ a downgrade at TE to upgrade those 2 penciled-in spots. 

Carver said:
Psst... Take a flyer on Jessie James if you want to REALLY gamble at TE. 

Seems like he's built some chemistry with Ben, and the Stealers are short on options in the passing game this week. 
Agree completely - him & Coates, IMO, make great GPP options this week. Been saying all week that this game is going to be a shoot-out, even with Bryant & now Wheaton not playing. In fact, if you really want to get creative, Darrius Heyward-Bey is also an option. And practically guaranteed low ownership of less than 0.5%.

Cash game line-up #1:

QB - Cousins

RB - D. Johnson [ARI] & Ware

WR - D-Jax, B. Cooks, T. Y. Hilton

TE - J. Reed

K - M. Bryant

DEF - SEA

Cash Line-up #2

QB - Carr

RB  - McCoy & Gurley

WR - Beckham Jr., Hilton & Marvin Jones

TE - D. Allen

K - Prater

DEF - SEA

@reel_smooth In general a 3 man stack like you have is not a good idea in cash games, especially in Double ups and 50/50s.   If you are using that in only h2hs then its a little more ok.  However, I also do not like the choices of Djax and Cooks for cash games.   Both are the type of players that either go off, or do very little.   The lineup is constructed much more like a gpp lineup with some higher owned options.

The second lineup is built more like a cash lineup.   Personally I don't like to spend up at RB, when you can find much cheaper options that should get well over 15 touches, but I can see the reason to use Gurley. 

I've gone all-in on Keenan Allen in my season-long leagues this year, so I'm concerned that I may not be objective in my assessment of him. I'm leaning towards him over Alshon, but I'm afraid that may just be optimism on my part. I like Alshon and the Bears should be behind for approximately 55 minutes of game time. But Cutler sucks.

@reel_smooth In general a 3 man stack like you have is not a good idea in cash games, especially in Double ups and 50/50s.   If you are using that in only h2hs then its a little more ok.  However, I also do not like the choices of Djax and Cooks for cash games.   Both are the type of players that either go off, or do very little.   The lineup is constructed much more like a gpp lineup with some higher owned options.

The second lineup is built more like a cash lineup.   Personally I don't like to spend up at RB, when you can find much cheaper options that should get well over 15 touches, but I can see the reason to use Gurley. 
I agree completely with this. 

This is not true. Nothing wrong with a 3 man stack for cash. Plenty of pros stack a whole offense for cash (qb, RB, RB, WR). It makes sense, if you think an offense is going to explode, have every piece. 

This is not true. Nothing wrong with a 3 man stack for cash. Plenty of pros stack a whole offense for cash (qb, RB, RB, WR). It makes sense, if you think an offense is going to explode, have every piece. 
It's the variance that's the problem. Putting that many eggs in a basket really reduces your margin of error. If you're right on that 1 game script, you're golden. If you're wrong, you whiff on everything. If you're going to go that route, you really have to plug that lineup into higher-return contests as well to in order to tip the risk-reward analysis towards the reward side. I would play a decent percentage of my cash play in (decreasing amounts): 3x, 10-man leagues, 5x. If you're right, chances are you have a big score, might as well get paid. 

Anybody ever get a location services error on fanduel? It keeps telling me I have to turn them on and they are turned on on my ipad. I'm in ny so it's legal th play now.

Figured it out. Had to turn them on for the app too.

why is everyone off of ware all of a sudden?  hes fallen big time on the ivc overnight too.  what gives?
Speculation about workload share between him, West and even K. Davis -- Reid saying they will all play. It's also been mirrored by the exact opposite happening to Christine Michael at a cheaper price, setting up an easy swap. 

where is this speculation coming from?  link(s)?
Mainly this Rotoworld

Coach Andy Reid said Friday the Chiefs will use a committee backfield in Jamaal Charles' (knee) absence.
"Yeah, they'll all play," said Reid, referring to Charcandrick West, Spencer Ware, and perhaps Knile Davis. "We'll roll them in." Asked if Ware is the favorite for goal-line work, Reid replied "I'm good with all three of them in that spot." Reid did indicate Ware would get the start, and it's conceivable the Chiefs will end up riding Ware for most of the game if he starts out hot. Still, this situation is shaping up as a bigger question mark than it seemed to be early in the week. Sep 9 - 4:03 PM

Source: Kansas City Star

Although buzz this morning seems to be a little more positive than that

Report: Spencer Ware will be the starter. 

9/11/16 8:57 AM

Charcandrick West is still listed ahead of Ware on the Chiefs' depth chart. But ESPN's Adam Teicher and other beat writers aren't taking that too seriously. "Ware will be the starter and get a significant share of the featured back's workload, but West will play. Game situations will determine how much," wrote Teicher. Expect Ware, who led all NFL RBs in fantasy points per opportunity last year, to have the edge in standard work and get the vast majority of red-zone work

I've gone all-in on Keenan Allen in my season-long leagues this year, so I'm concerned that I may not be objective in my assessment of him. I'm leaning towards him over Alshon, but I'm afraid that may just be optimism on my part. I like Alshon and the Bears should be behind for approximately 55 minutes of game time. But Cutler sucks.
I think they both have very similar ranges today. I lean towards Alshon as he gets like 30% target share but Allen will have a good share and Marcus Peters doesn't scare me too much. 

And that is Exactly the thought process here; this game has shoot-out written all over it. And since we're talking 50/50 and not GPP, all I'm looking for is 2-2.5X value, which I believe each will hit with ease.

And that is Exactly the thought process here; this game has shoot-out written all over it. And since we're talking 50/50 and not GPP, all I'm looking for is 2-2.5X value, which I believe each will hit with ease.
Vegas projects Washington to score 24 points. That's not an explosion. If all 3 TDs are passes to your guys, then you're fine. Or if you think the o/u is way low and you're right, then you're fine. But that level of risk involving 3 of your bigger salary investments is what mitigates against making that play in only cash contests.

On the flip side, if you are right, you really want to have that lineup in at least some triple-ups too. The comment about "pros" doing it isn't entirely accurate. When they do that, they are building a lineup they are playing in higher variance games than cash, then entering it in cash as well. 

I'm gonna take a wait and see with Bennett. If Brady was playing it would be a different story.  Seems like a gpp play for me.

I'm gonna take a wait and see with Bennett. If Brady was playing it would be a different story.  Seems like a gpp play for me.
I completely agree with this.. He still has a rookie QB throwing to him against a good defense on the road.

Users who are viewing this thread