What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel Week 3 (1 Viewer)

Because sharp money came in on the under. I don't know their reasoning hence my initial post. I'm guessing carolina's slow pace + all the injuries but that's just a guess.
Completely agree with this - hence, I too am fading Cam and instead am stacking Stewart/McCaffrey with the CAR defense.

GPPs

1.  Stafford, Hunt, Anderson, Allen, Cooks, Marvin Jones, Ertz, Santos, Broncos

2. Brady, Gordon, Montgomery, Cooks, AJ Green, Higgins, Ertz, Santos, Eagles

3. Wentz, Hunt, Montgomery, Cooper, Allen, AJ Green, Doyle, Hopkins, Eagles

4.  Ryan, Gordon, Riddick, Julio, Cooks, AJ Green, Z. Miller, Santos, Eagles

I think cam is a viable Gpp option but I'm not relying on that shoulder for cash. He makes a living throwing downfield, and he just can't do it right now. He lost his safety valve in Olsen and his WRs are young and can high point a deep ball but aren't going to be crafting routes to get themselves open. He will be better than he has this year but i just don't see the monster game.

My qb exposure is rothlisberger, Cutler, Stafford, Kizer. I'm a little worried now about the Detroit oline, Swanson is out so Glasgow is moving to center, which is fine, but with another guard dinged up we are looking thin there. I still think Stafford will be throwing a lot, but I have ameer going a little bit and the run game may suffer (not that it's been great to begin with, I should probably rethink this anyway)

I have some Alex smith as well

Last edited by a moderator:
At $5600, don't you almost have to have some Cohen exposure?
I think I am rolling him out in one of my two cash game LU's.  They are going to be playing from behind the majority of the game.  Not to mention Jordan Howard is not 100%.  I think Cohen can easily get 2X his salary

I think I am rolling him out in one of my two cash game LU's.  They are going to be playing from behind the majority of the game.  Not to mention Jordan Howard is not 100%.  I think Cohen can easily get 2X his salary
I am curious because I get too narrow minded with cash LUs - where are you spending the extra $ when you drop to Cohen from a guy like TyMont (just throwing a name out there?). 

oddly enough, my biggest exposure to RB And TE was Jacquizz and Hunter Henry.  I've since "corrected" this pivoting to JStew, White, Gronk and Bennett, so you can probably count on Jacquizz and Henry going off today.

I think cam is a viable Gpp option but I'm not relying on that shoulder for cash. He makes a living throwing downfield, and he just can't do it right now. He lost his safety valve in Olsen and his WRs are young and can high point a deep ball but aren't going to be crafting routes to get themselves open. He will be better than he has this year but i just don't see the monster game.
I keep still think you need more than 2x in cash from your QBs, so I think you need 20pts from Cam in cash this week.  I think he's gotten there about 5 times in the last 18 games.  I am starting to think you need a rushing TD for him to be cash viable, and I am not sure you get it.  That said, people 10x smarter than me are saying to start him, I just can't pull the trigger when guys like Stafford, Rivers, Cousins, and Wentz are cheaper this week. 

I am curious because I get too narrow minded with cash LUs - where are you spending the extra $ when you drop to Cohen from a guy like TyMont (just throwing a name out there?). 
Right now I have this with $500 left.  I will probably make some changes.. I can easily drop carr to stafford and gain another $500 to have $1,000 left.  

carr

cohen, montgomery

a. Brown, K. Allen, AJ green

Doyle

Tevacchio

Eagles 

Why are more people not on freeman this week?  I am one of those included, for some reason I am shying away from him even though it seems like a good Matchup.  I think I am hesitating due to Coleman

Here were my <5% gpp guys I liked:

QB:  Rivers and Dalton - I could see that SD game getting nuts besides being a division game, KC has let in points to the QB this year.  Everybody is talking about Green smashing, but not much about Dalton maybe being alright today too.  They have played some good Ds in Houst and Balt this year.  At sub-7K, I figured I didn't need much here. 

RB:  Crowell, Coleman, Riddick.    Like Dalton above, the Browns have played some pretty good division teams to start the year - Balt and Pitts.  I don't think he lost his talent and Indy stinks.  I usually don't play too many pass catching rbs on FD, but those are 2 of the worst Ds so far this year as far as letting in receiving production to the RBs.  Also it seemed true last year - start Freeman at home, and Coleman on the road.  

WR:  Cooks, TyWilliams, Golladay, and Stills.   I like to have at least one big play WR on my gpp roster since catches matter less on FD.  I did notice my boy M.Thomas moved up in estimated % over the week. 

TE:   Henry and Engram.   Ertz had a big game without Berry in there, and now maybe it's Hunter's time with Gates getting his record?  Engram has been about the only thing working for NYG so far, and it's probably about the only person that Eli has time to throw to. 

I'm also wondering about going Kelce => Doyle and Keenan => Brown 
As soon as I posted that, I thought to myself that if I did that I would use the salary for Kelce. 

When I said that I have become narrow minded with cash LUs, it's mostly that I have been burned too many times when I pay up at Wr over another position and I get Julio/Brown/Nelson's dud days.  Not saying it's wrong to do so, just that I haven't had the best success rate personally.

As soon as I posted that, I thought to myself that if I did that I would use the salary for Kelce. 

When I said that I have become narrow minded with cash LUs, it's mostly that I have been burned too many times when I pay up at Wr over another position and I get Julio/Brown/Nelson's dud days.  Not saying it's wrong to do so, just that I haven't had the best success rate personally.
I'm not too concerned about paying-up for a WR who combines big play ability w/ high targets, like AB. My concern there this week, tho, is that Pitt decides to commit to getting the running game right.

I'm running at least 1 Rodgers/Adams GPP stack out there even though Rodgers costs a fortune. I'm also rolling out a Brissett/Hilton stack. The latter lets me go crazy with high salary guys wherever I want them. 

Cash

Carr Bell Monty Green Benjamin Sanu Fleener Bryant Den

$1 gpp

Stafford Bell Hunt Julio Pryor Funchess Ebron Gonzalez Browns

Freeroll

Brees Bell Crowell Thomas Crowder Crabtree Fleener Gano KC

Cash

Carr Bell Monty Green Benjamin Sanu Fleener Bryant Den

$1 gpp

Stafford Bell Hunt Julio Pryor Funchess Ebron Gonzalez Browns

Freeroll

Brees Bell Crowell Thomas Crowder Crabtree Fleener Gano KC
:thumbup:

Forgot about the freeroll.  Will have to get in on that, maybe I will throw my even weirder ideas I didn't use into that one! ;)    Good luck.

Coming around on Cam, with a Funchess stack.   

• Brady, Hunt/Gillislee, Green/Adams/Sanu, Ertz, Gano, Eagles
  • Newton, Ajayi/TyMont, Funchess/Crabtree/Pryor, Kelce, Bryant, Pats
Still tinkering between Amari vs Crabtree at the same price.  Was on Amari last week. 

Has everyone moved off Ajayi?  Early rumblings were negative as he was held out of some practices but later week news seems to be more positive and towards him getting a full workload.  Have pivots to Hunt (would be 100% Hunt, and Hunt w/ Kelce) or Devonta Freeman. Not sure how to spend the ~800 on LU2 if I move to Melvin Gordon  

Coming around on Cam, with a Funchess stack.   

• Brady, Hunt/Gillislee, Green/Adams/Sanu, Ertz, Gano, Eagles
  • Newton, Ajayi/TyMont, Funchess/Crabtree/Pryor, Kelce, Bryant, Pats
Still tinkering between Amari vs Crabtree at the same price.  Was on Amari last week. 

Has everyone moved off Ajayi?  Early rumblings were negative as he was held out of some practices but later week news seems to be more positive and towards him getting a full workload.  Have pivots to Hunt (100% Hunt) or Devonta Freeman. Not sure how to spend the ~800 on LU2 if I move to Melvin Gordon  
I am keeping him in, unless I hear something drastic this morning.  Looks like he is playing, and like I joked to somebody else, I think even if he gets a decrease in workload from 30 carries to 23 vs. the Jets, I think that's enough to get it done.  The guys I thought about dropping to didn't have the workload/matchup I felt. 

I had a decent exposure to the ravens def. hopefully the rest of my guys hit there. And glad I rolled with a fair amount of 1pm only games, taking them out of the equation.

FD cash not looking good, but my DK cash is more afternoon and night weighted, so maybe can break even between the two. 

Users who are viewing this thread