What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel Week 7 (1 Viewer)

Raging weasel said:
Screws up my season long team. If I want to play Shady would have to pull Ware and guys playing with bad hammys scare the crap out of me.
Good call here, looks like he is hurt (more) now. 

Raging weasel said:
Screws up my season long team. If I want to play Shady would have to pull Ware and guys playing with bad hammys scare the crap out of me.
Good call here, looks like he is hurt (more) now. 

So a few more observations.  These are all passing stats only.

2.  If you are going to have success against the Vikings pass defense then they are weakest on the left side and over the middle within 15 yards.  That is probably Dorial Green Beckham.  The right side is a wasteland and that is where 72% of Mathews targets have come from this year.
I wont be obnoxious about Forte.  I am going to crow about this one though. I may be more proud about this call than Crabtree.  Who else had DGB?

Last edited by a moderator:
bortles is killing me but theyre still down only 2 scores vs a bad pass d with tons of time left.  maybe we can no huddle up some garbage time stats...

Walker has a TD.  Davis had a long pass and got taken down on the 2; almost a massive game from him.

Edit:  Doyles as 2x, which at his price is probably good enough for GPPs right now

My gpps suck,  my 2 cash line ups are looking to cash 100% (dont wanna count chickens before they hatch) both gonna be over 150. Need to remember to enter cash LU in my gpp too. 

My gpps suck,  my 2 cash line ups are looking to cash 100% (dont wanna count chickens before they hatch) both gonna be over 150. Need to remember to enter cash LU in my gpp too. 
same here especially since the cash lines in my 50/50s are all over 132 so far and for gpps they are 122 and 126

Had a fantastic 1pm Only slate. My Zenner LU was over 150 crushing 5050s and was probably another play away from doing damage in gpp.

Which brings me to my point. I learned a long time ago to put cash LUs in gpps, but for my 1pm LUs I only did the Mini-Squibs, which are $1 1176 entries. I cashed $3 finishing 47th. What am I doing wrong here? Or would a $2 only won $6 and $5 only won $15 (assuming that score is rather linear)? 

Ive never had success doing those 100 person contests and I'm thinking that will be 1 suggestion here.

edit: just looked at my $2 Snap and yes that Zenner LU would have cashed $6.

:jawdrop:

Had a lot of decent lineups, but looks like I will lose a little bit of money this week.  I think damn near every cash line I see in my double ups is hovering around 140pts.  That is nuts, and I guess Dodds did warn of a trap week...

crushed the 1pm only games.  bortles lineup cashed 75%, stafford lineup cashed 95% and put in like 40 entries in the $2 tourney that returned $237 total.  good start to the weekend.

I have never put that many entries in,  how does that usually work out?   Im intrigued. Limited by bankroll,  so usually put 8 in the big $1 gpp

I went with 3 different lineups this week in 50/50s... They currently sit at 134.50, 153.18, and 154.70...  The 134's are currently losers.  Monster pay lines this week.    :(

If you played mostly chalk on Thursday without jumping the gun on Gillisee, I suspect you are having a monster week.  My 139 in the Oakheart will easily cash, but that lineup would not sniff anything today.  I should have went with my gut more with Hill, only 2% owned on Thurs, and that's my only use out of him.  

I have no piece in the game tonight, so hoping my 147, 153 and 146 can stand the charge.  None of my other lineups are cashing.  Crazy that the cash cuts are higher than most GPP.  Have a feeling I'll be watching the money slip away.  Still will be a positive week, just a matter of how much now.

its just one of those weeks where every player you would consider owning did well.
Yeah, all the WRs that people were going for went off, as did the main cheap RB.  A lot of my lines are sniffing the 150pt mark and there is still a game to go.  Very frustrating to have 2 cash LUs in the 130s that made 0 dollars each.  Currently I am -$10 for the week and sadly it's mostly my entries in the $1 gpp that is keeping me at that level.  If I did all cash I would be down huge. 

If you played mostly chalk on Thursday without jumping the gun on Gillisee, I suspect you are having a monster week.  My 139 in the Oakheart will easily cash, but that lineup would not sniff anything today.  I should have went with my gut more with Hill, only 2% owned on Thurs, and that's my only use out of him.  

I have no piece in the game tonight, so hoping my 147, 153 and 146 can stand the charge.  None of my other lineups are cashing.  Crazy that the cash cuts are higher than most GPP.  Have a feeling I'll be watching the money slip away.  Still will be a positive week, just a matter of how much now.
Yep, the Thursday cash lines are in the 120s like normal.  The gpps lines seem to be in the 120s as well that I am in. 

Scored ~159 and won my 4-person private league.  I also entered the same lineup in a low dollar 50/50 and it's 18/100 with a cash line of 139.52.

:lmao:

I just looked at what LUs were doing well for the week for me.  My most profitable lineup that is helping me stay afloat?  Friggin' Geno Smith lineup at 154.70.  Sitting at almost 3x$ on that one.  Geno/Murray/Ware/Julio/AJ/Hilton/Doyle/Bryant/NE. 

Also had a Ryan LU that did well and currently at about 2.5x$.  Other than that my cash lineups "tanked" (one at 124pt and one at 137pts, neither earned a dollar), but my entries into the $1 large field did alright. 

This week might have broke my brain.  145pt+ cash lines??

:lmao:

I just looked at what LUs were doing well for the week for me.  My most profitable lineup that is helping me stay afloat?  Friggin' Geno Smith lineup at 154.70.  Sitting at almost 3x$ on that one.  Geno/Murray/Ware/Julio/AJ/Hilton/Doyle/Bryant/NE. 

Also had a Ryan LU that did well and currently at about 2.5x$.  Other than that my cash lineups "tanked" (one at 124pt and one at 137pts, neither earned a dollar), but my entries into the $1 large field did alright. 

This week might have broke my brain.  145pt+ cash lines??
Ha ha...I had this same lineup going in 8 contests.  Then, this morning, I got cute trying to sneak Gronk in there because I was not confident in Doyle.  I changed 4 of those entries swapping Gronk for Doyle, Rodgers for Ware (so far still OK) and then the death blow...downgraded from Julio to Maclin.  This ended up at 134.50...good enough for 73rd/100 place in one contest.   :doh:   Fortunately still running a $13 profit on the week.

Strange week in that the double up cash line is like 145, the gpp cash line is about the same, and my main lineup of 163 is very close to the top in smaller tournaments and double ups, and is winning a 100 man, so the difference between losing all your cash and winning a tournament is only around 20 points. Crazy week. If I had gone with eagles d instead of pats I would have won pretty much everything I entered. I've had a rough season so far so this huge weeks barely brings me back to black.

I have never put that many entries in,  how does that usually work out?   Im intrigued. Limited by bankroll,  so usually put 8 in the big $1 gpp
How have your gpp LUs been doing in the tourneys?  How much do you put in each weekend?

I go back and forth.  I have had success lately in the gpps, as their cash lines seem to be lower than the cash games that I am in.  I think it's wise to throw your cash LU in a gpp every week too. 

I am still trying to figure out what my sweet spot is, and what my process should be. 

I will be honest, what saved me from a big loss was following Dodds' breakdown for cash LUs that was suggested in one of the dfs articles this week.  I am pretty sure I will follow it again this week, with some tweaks.  What it read is when you enter a cash LU do the following if people didn't see it:

50% in large field 50/50 or 2xs, 20% in 3x, 10% in 5x, 10% in gpp, and 10% in a 100 person contest. 

I think this works well if you are playing at least $20-$30 and can do multiple lineups.  This is riskier than some of the other suggestions in the article - some did more H2H matchups for instance.  Just depends how risk adverse you are I guess.  Dodds also says he stacks in cash lineups so if they go off, they make decent money.  I had 5 different cash lineups this week, and only 2 hit.  BUT, those LUs both just about tripled what I put in for them, so it balanced it out overall and I didn't take a big hit. 

The large field gpps seem to have lower lines, so I will probably stick to them more in the future.  All the mini squibs and dives I was in were 10-12 pts higher than the $1 Sunday Dive (that cash line was 132).  The last couple weeks I have been about +30% $ on my entries into the large gpps.  This week I had 18 entries (5 were my cash LUs) and went 10-8 and got $23 from my $18.  Last week I did a little better.  The 100 person contests are harder to hit, but obviously more profitable.  I only went 4-8 on those this week (cash line was over 150 on all but 3), but still got $18 from my $12. 

I think in the end what hurts me with this process is not sticking to my guns enough, and feel if I am entering in multiple lineups they should be a bit different, but it reality good lineups are good lineups.  I had Doyle, Davis and Crabtree more than 50% of my cash lineups.  My gut told me those were the plays, but my head thought I shouldn't risk having those guys in all my stuff, so of course I threw away a perfectly good Dalton lineup with Crabtree and Doyle and went to Henry and Maclin yesterday.   Definitely need to stick to 2-3 LUs I feel strongly about. 

As far as gpps go, I also need to cut the ####.  None of the top lineups are that weird, and none of my outside the box thinking LUs or triple stacks did much.  As somebody said in this thread, pick guys that are good at football on teams that score points. 

Sorry about the long post - had a few beverages and I tend to ramble.

youre better than that.
Update (I know this isn't the DK thread), but this sadly was my 2nd best lineup of the week.  Having that ####ty SF stack allowed me to have Julio/Green/Evans/Hilton/Doyle in my lineup.  I am not proud of it, but I will take the winnings.

My  Geno LU did well also. 3x plus on what I wagered. I had Evans/Julio/AJ/Ware/Murray/NE/Succop. Gene almost reached value with that 1 td pass. 

Seems I am going to crash and burn with the SD vs. Falcon game and 2, count them 2 low cost hopes...
Being able to get Ryan, Julio and AJ Green into the same lineup was just to tempting

QB Ryan

RB Murray and Rodgers

WR Julio, AJ Green, Marquis Lee

TE Ruldolph

K lambo

D Bills

I suppose I could drop to Patriots D and switch to Brady at QB if I wanted to hedge my bet in Cash :oldunsure:  
Lee and Rodgers are more than Hopes, they will be heavily owned in Cash LUs, I'd say outside of Lambo all of these will have at least 25% ownership.
Lee's ownership % was remarkably low, at least in the FBG Double up.. he only had a .9% ownership.

In the end I changed the lineup above for the FBG Double up.. changed to Brady at QB, Doyle at TE, Bryant at K and Vikings D.. 158.48 total and doubled up! :thumbup:  

Somehow my thurs-sun am lineups cashed so I felt pretty good going into the main slate. Had one dud, most cash lineups scored 134-137, none cashing. Never again Matt jones. I even had a lafell gpp lineup! After talking up Jeremy hill, I swapped him out. Was all over Hilton, cousins and stafford salvaged some value but I expected a shootout there. A losing week but I'll repeat what many have said- that's why we practice bankroll management.

3 cash lineups, 131.2 was 0-2, 159.48 was 2-0, 149.52 cashed a 50/50 and lost a 5 man league when fitz went over 8 points. 0-2 in gpp. Overall down $1.80. I think I'm addicted to making lineups. I need to make 1 cash lineup and just roll with it.

Users who are viewing this thread