What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fantasy winners and losers post-draft (2 Viewers)

JohnnyU said:
tdmills said:
Also Ryan Mathews value should increase, DJ Fluker is a great run blocker.
....or he could be one fumble away from the bench.
Mathews had 2 fumbles in 12 games and 223 touches last season. This issue was completely mishandled by the coaching staff. Fortunately, there is a new coaching staff in place, which hopefully will not be as stupid as Norv and company were last year.
this move was dictated by AJ smtih I have no doubt. once AJ gets vendetta aginst you its hard to get out from under it

Personally I am looking at taking Eifert at 1.2. With green out wide it seems like he could be a nightmare in the middle being both a ppr and td monster. To many questions still with lacy, austin, and patterson for me. Eifert seems the most likely of the four here to succeed and be special at his position. Clearly if he turns into a graham or gronk you would take him hands down. That might be a bit optimistic but can he produce at wittens level consistently?
Maybe when they get rid of Gresham.
Gresham isn't all that and a cup of tea. Either eifert can beat him out of the job or they go to a two te set using eifert in the slot / pass catching role. If he isn't better then Gresham no sense in taking him there.
Any idea where Greshem was drafted?
21st pick in 2010
Exactly.
Not sure if this is agreeing or disagreeing. I would have guessed gresham was a first or second round selection. Maybe you are thinking eifett is another Gresham?We know first round draft picks arent meant to be back ups for other players picked in the first round two years before. The bengals either have a plan for him or picked him as the BPA by far. In any case he is going to get his chance to play and he's not a blocking te.

NFL teams are very good at drafting RB's. I'd have to pull up the exact stats but it's something like only 25% of 2nd round RB's even make the Pro Bowl once while it's 50% for 1st round RB's. That he wasn't drafted in the 1st says a lot about how teams view him. Now they can of course be wrong but we should take it as a sign they have some questions about him.
or that they have bigger needs elsewhere....

in addition one of the teams that had 3 of the 32 picks (MIN) really has no reason at all to look at Lacy even if Lacy was Barry Sanders...there are many other teams who picked (HOU, etc) that RB isn't a need.....it doesn't mean they don't consider Lacy "first round type talent"

and just IMO...."pro bowler" really doesn't mean much.....All Pro would be a better indication.....by the time injuries are taken into account as well as guys just choosing not to go....being a "pro bowl replacement" allows you to say you were a pro bowler....when really your butt was sitting on the sofa before you got the call...

teams using a 1st rounder on a RB doesn't make much sense in today's pass happy NFL
All-Pro 1st round RB's - 38 of 188 (20.2%)

All-Pro 2nd round RB's - 11 of 152 (7.2%)

So the top-4 WR's taken will have Schaub, Bradford, Ponder and Locker throwing to them. Whole lot of mediocrity there.

LOVE GIO IN CINCY. Perfect match.

Please PIT take Lacy so I can get Gio in a few leagues.
I agree - good fit there. Won't be asked to carry the load right away, and should open things up for the offense.

Dalton owners should be happy, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loser: Geno.

I won't be touching him. Awful situation for him - on the field and off.

Good line. Fantasy friendly OC. No stability. No weapons. NY media. I could see him going in the 3rd in rookie drafts and being a decent gamble there. What are you gonna do.

Hunter, Ertz, and Woods all got blech too. It's that kind of draft.

Good line. Fantasy friendly OC. No stability. No weapons. NY media. I could see him going in the 3rd in rookie drafts and being a decent gamble there. What are you gonna do.

All the talk about situation dictating value in this draft, and it's one bad one after another.

What is bad about Woods going to the Bills? He could start from day one.
Haven't given Woods to the Bills much thought, actually. And there have been a couple good situations. But, in general, I think more negative than positive.

ETA: WR2 in that offense doesn't get me excited.

I'm not totally sold on Ertz, but I don't see how it's a bad thing to go high in the 2nd to a team that lacks quality possession receivers. I doubt Kelly would have taken him there without some kind of plan for him.

I like where Woods went. He should start right away.

Hunter's spot is a bit trickier, but Britt seems like he's on the outs and they don't have an established #1. His game should work well in tandem with Wright's.

And of course Bernard went to one of the very best teams possible, at a high pick to boot.

Has anyone mentioned Ballard? Not a lot of talk about him, but looks like he's going to get a chance to be the bellcow next season . At least up to now

Has anyone mentioned Ballard? Not a lot of talk about him, but looks like he's going to get a chance to be the bellcow next season . At least up to now
Ballard is pretty average though and even a 4th-5th rounder might be able to push him.

lol at the guy who'd buried Eddie Lacy earlier in this thread.

Christine Michael to Sea??? Whoa, they have a beastly RB corps.

Michael to Seattle is real strange. lynch is under contract until 2015 and makes less in 2014 than he will make in 2013. he is due a 500K roster bonus in 2014 and 2M in 2015, but I can't see them wanting to cut him until after the 2014 season.

Ummm..... How in the hell do you predict winners and losers before the 2nd round had even started? Also I love that this joker puts post-draft in his title but it should be: "Winners and Losers Pick by Pick"

I will wait til at least monday to venture a guess at winners and losers.

I'd add Losers:LacyGeno
I wouldn't. Not really surprising neither got drafted tonight
Too early to tell with Lacy. All about situation but he could easily go to a bunch of places like GB and be an instant impact guy. Neither guy is guaranteed PT since they aren't 1st rounders but can't call them losers till they get drafted. I think Geno might be in a better position long term. Not as much pressure and presumably, he might get to a better situation.
Ray Rice was a 2nd round pick in real life he is doing ok. Foster undrafted he is doing ok. Alf Morris was a 6th rounder.

Loser: Ahmad Bradshaw.

He was generally linked to the Steelers, the Bengals and the Packers. All three teams added 2nd round running backs. Back to NYG for the vet minimum?

Ummm..... How in the hell do you predict winners and losers before the 2nd round had even started? Also I love that this joker puts post-draft in his title but it should be: "Winners and Losers Pick by Pick"

I will wait til at least monday to venture a guess at winners and losers.
spoilsport

Too early to tell with Lacy. All about situation but he could easily go to a bunch of places like GB and be an instant impact guy. Neither guy is guaranteed PT since they aren't 1st rounders but can't call them losers till they get drafted. I think Geno might be in a better position long term. Not as much pressure and presumably, he might get to a better situation.
Ray Rice was a 2nd round pick in real life he is doing ok. Foster undrafted he is doing ok. Alf Morris was a 6th rounder.
75% of 2nd round RB's are busts. Between Portis and Rice, here are the 2nd round RB's taken:

Foster

Greg Jones

Julius Jones

Tatum Bell

Eric Shelton

J.J. Arrington

MJD

Lendale White

Brandon Jackson

Brian Leonard

Chris Henry

Kenny Irons

Great, one of the WR's I was lowest on gets taken by the Cowboys, presumably to replace Austin.

75% of 2nd round RB's are busts. Between Portis and Rice, here are the 2nd round RB's taken:

Foster

Greg Jones

Julius Jones

Tatum Bell

Eric Shelton

J.J. Arrington

MJD

Lendale White

Brandon Jackson

Brian Leonard

Chris Henry

Kenny Irons
:goodposting:

If 2 of the 5 running backs taken in the second round here become productive multi-year starters, they will have beaten the odds. These guys didn't fall because people didn't need running backs or the running back position is devalued. These guys fell because they weren't first round talent.

Users who are viewing this thread