What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FantasyPros Forum Challenge (help FBG win) (1 Viewer)

Hey guys,

FantasyPros is hosting a forum competition (FBG vs. other forums such as Rotoworld, FF Today, etc.), and Dodds gave us the green light to put up a post in the Shark Pool. Our goal is to recognize the best fantasy football communities based on the quality of advice its members provide -- we know some of the best minds are from the forums!

In short, we'll be running a 10 question start/sit poll each week that features our "toughest calls" (where there's no consensus from the experts we track). We'll keep a leaderboard each week and the forum with the most accurate picks after 16 weeks will be crowned the winner of the challenge. Please note that we're using Standard Scoring settings. Also, every member's entry will contribute to the accuracy score.

Here's a link to this week's "Who would you start?" questions: Week 16 Challenge. You have until 1 pm EST on Sunday to make your picks. Good luck!

Current Results (#2 out of 10)

Individual Scores

Contest Details

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's an example of how we would score each question:

Q: Who would you start in week 1, Felix Jones (@NYJ) or DeAngelo Williams (@ARI)?

Let’s say 60% of Forum A members pick Felix Jones and 40% pick DeAngelo Williams. Forum B has 50% picking Felix and 50% picking DeAngelo. Felix ends up scoring 20 points and DeAngelo scores 10 points. The forum scores would be:

Forum A Score = (60% x 20 points) + (40% x 10 points) = 16 points

Forum B Score = (50% x 20 points) + (50% x 10 points) = 15 points

In this case, Forum A would be considered to be more accurate.
PPR I still like Felix. Non PPR I like Deangelo.

I put my picks in. 10 questions a week is a lot more reasonable than the 50 a day that's being asked for with that other contest.

I'm curious to see how we stack up to the other forums. Anyone know what other forums are in the competition?

I put my picks in. 10 questions a week is a lot more reasonable than the 50 a day that's being asked for with that other contest.I'm curious to see how we stack up to the other forums. Anyone know what other forums are in the competition?
Good question. We've gotten commitments from the following communities (in addition to FootballGuys):FF TodayFantasy Football XtremeFantasy Football StartersFantasy SharksFantasyFootball.comFFCafeBruno BoysDynasty League FootballRedditRotomaniaThere could be some more that jump on board too. The one important note on all of this is that we're requiring at least 100 member votes/week for each site. That's the minimum level we think needs to be hit to get a fair gauge of the community opinion.

I put my picks in. 10 questions a week is a lot more reasonable than the 50 a day that's being asked for with that other contest.I'm curious to see how we stack up to the other forums. Anyone know what other forums are in the competition?
Good question. We've gotten commitments from the following communities (in addition to FootballGuys):FF TodayFantasy Football XtremeFantasy Football StartersFantasy SharksFantasyFootball.comFFCafeBruno BoysDynasty League FootballRedditRotomaniaThere could be some more that jump on board too. The one important note on all of this is that we're requiring at least 100 member votes/week for each site. That's the minimum level we think needs to be hit to get a fair gauge of the community opinion.
Well, it would look really bad to lose to Reddit! Do they even have a sports forum?

Well, it would look really bad to lose to Reddit! Do they even have a sports forum?
... Yes. And an NFL forum with over 13,000 members and a fantasy football forum with over 4,000 members. That said, it would still be really sad to lose to reddit...

I think getting 100 members to do this each week is asking alot. What if none of the boards gets this many?

I think getting 100 members to do this each week is asking alot. What if none of the boards gets this many?
It's a fair question and a path we'll have to cross if sites are struggling to get to that level. I will say though that Reddit has already far exceeded the 100 submission level in terms of their participation. But, as Ping Pong said, they have a really large base so that obviously works in their favor.I think we just feel that if we can get past the initial hurdle of getting folks to try this out, it'll be a lot of fun once the results start getting revealed each week. That's really when the competitive element kicks in.

I tried it. Didn't take much time.
Yup, we've found that the average entry takes about 2 mins to complete so it's a quick process. Btw, we've decided to lower the # of submissions required to just 50 per forum. You guys are currently at 34 so we need only 16 more to get FBG officially in this thing (I was a math major). :)

Submitted. I'll do this if someone reminds me every week. Email reminder would be cool. Or just a weekly thread like this I guess.

there's a ton of people that are member of more than one forum. What do you have in place to deal with that?

Hey guys – week 1 results are up on our site! Take a look to see where FBG ended up and you can also view how the forum voted for each match-up (including the %s): Week 1 Forum Challenge Results

Note that we did make an adjustment to how we tally the results. We’re giving each forum the fantasy points (STD scoring) of the player that the majority of the members voted for (per match-up). We then sum up the points across the match-ups to determine the total scores. You can view an example of this here.

Let me know if you have any questions. I’ll be back either later tonight or early Thurs with week 2’s poll. Thanks!

Here are the match-ups:

Josh Freeman (@ MIN) vs Joe Flacco (@ TEN)

Tim Hightower (vs. ARI) vs Beanie Wells (@ WAS)

Jordy Nelson (@ CAR) vs Jeremy Maclin (@ ATL)

Joseph Addai (vs. CLE) vs Knowshon Moreno (vs. CIN)

Julio Jones (vs. PHI) vs Nate Burleson (vs. KC)

Jay Cutler (@ NO) vs Matt Ryan (vs. PHI)

BenJarvus Green-Ellis (vs. SD) vs DeAngelo Williams (vs. GB)

Percy Harvin (vs. TB) vs Steve Smith (vs. GB)

Mike Tolbert (@ NE) vs James Starks (@ CAR)

Johnny Knox (@ NO) vs Malcom Floyd (@ NE)

Also, just as another heads up, we are making a change to the scoring that will bring things in line with how we do our expert accuracy contest. We have all the details laid out here.

IN and I think we hit 50 posters pretty easy....BUT for staff, Why not just have their ten questions posted each week on Wisdom of the Crowds and submit those?

As an FYI, you can get your score from last week if you submitted your email address at the end of the "survey". The link to get your score is here: http://www.fantasypros.com/contests/get-score/. You just need to punch in your email and the following info will pop up on the page:

- Your score & how it compares to the rest of the field

- The picks you made and how many points each player scored

- How you compare to the rest of the 58 fantasy experts we track

- Whether or not you won a prize

Regarding the last bullet, we had a prize pool of $500 that we spread out over the 50 most accurate entries. We'll do something similar again for the top 50 this week.

I just got an email from FantasyPros saying they're giving away $500 this week for the top individual performers for this contest. My picks are already in -- am I still eligible to win if FBG doesn't make the minimum number of entries? It would be pretty lame if I got disqualified...just want to make sure this is not the case! Thanks.

I just got an email from FantasyPros saying they're giving away $500 this week for the top individual performers for this contest. My picks are already in -- am I still eligible to win if FBG doesn't make the minimum number of entries? It would be pretty lame if I got disqualified...just want to make sure this is not the case! Thanks.
Good question. The prizes are handed out at the individual level so you're eligible to win regardless of whether or not FBG hits the minimum. The 50 most accurate responses will be the winners of the prizes. Good luck!

Hey all,

Week two's results are up now on our site. It was another good showing for the FBG forum with a second consecutive 2nd place finish. We'll be adding a YTD leaderboard in the coming weeks so you can see the cumulative results.

Also, as mentioned last week, we adjusted the scoring to a system that mimics the PAY™ methodology used for our expert contest. Anyone who wants the full details of how this scoring works (in addition to examples) can check out the scoring section of our contest summary page.

Feel free to let me know if there are any questions. Thanks!

Good question. The prizes are handed out at the individual level so you're eligible to win regardless of whether or not FBG hits the minimum. The 50 most accurate responses will be the winners of the prizes. Good luck!
When, where will these be listed?

When, where will these be listed?
Hey Captain Hook,We'll be sending out an email (likely tonight) with a link for you to retrieve your score. The results page will show you how all of your picks did as well as give you some insight into how you ranked vs. everyone else in the contest (including the 60+ experts we track). If you won a prize, there will be a message indicating that as well as the details claiming the prize.

The poll for Week 3 is up now and ready to go. The link is in the first post as well as here:

Week 3 Challenge

Remember, your picks contribute to FBG's score AND the 50 most accurate entrants will win a share of $500 in prizes. Good luck!

Here are this week's match-ups for those interested:

Match-ups:

Ryan Mathews (vs. KC) or Ben Tate (@ NO)

Cam Newton (vs. JAC) or Matt Schaub (@ NO)

Devery Henderson (vs. HOU) or Robert Meachem (vs. HOU)

Fred Jackson (vs. NE) or LeGarrette Blount (vs. ATL)

Jerome Simpson (vs. SF) or Plaxico Burress (@ OAK)

Eli Manning (@ PHI) or Mark Sanchez (@ OAK)

James Starks (@ CHI) or Shonn Greene (@ OAK)

Reggie Wayne (vs. PIT) or Anquan Boldin (@ STL)

Brandon Jacobs (@ PHI) or Reggie Bush (@ CLE)

Eric Decker (@ TEN) or David Nelson (vs. NE)

That was cool. I didn't do too bad in Week 2!

You ranked 577 out of 3358 contestants.

You scored points 111. The average score was 100.2.

You started the right player 78% of the time. The average was 48%.

Looks like I beat out 2/3rds of their experts too!

Question though, I saw somewhere that prizes are being given out. Where do you have to place to get a prize? Is it given out every week or just at the end of the season?

I'm guessing my #577 finish doesn't cut it, but just in case...

That was cool. I didn't do too bad in Week 2!You ranked 577 out of 3358 contestants.You scored points 111. The average score was 100.2.You started the right player 78% of the time. The average was 48%.Looks like I beat out 2/3rds of their experts too!Question though, I saw somewhere that prizes are being given out. Where do you have to place to get a prize? Is it given out every week or just at the end of the season?I'm guessing my #577 finish doesn't cut it, but just in case...
Top 50 respondents receive a prize and we do it on a weekly basis. So you can win regardless of how well you've done in the past.A fun little fact from last week is that there was only 1 perfect score. That person finished 3,754 out of 4,057 the previous week!

Just a quick update....we need a little bit of a push to get FBG eligible this week. Right now, there are 32 entries so 18 more are needed.

The poll only takes 1-2 mins to complete and there are prizes at stake so please jump on board if you're interested. Here's the link:

Week 3 Challenge

I am registered with FanDuel with my same email addy but nothing was credited to me. Ranking 15th was pretty cool though :thumbup:

Nice Job!

You placed in the Top 50! You’ve earned a free $10 credit from our sponsor, FanDuel. If you already have a FanDuel account (under the same email address), then there’s nothing for you to do. You’ll see a credit in your account by 3 pm EST on Friday.

If you do not have a FanDuel account, then please register at FanDuel by Noon EST on Thursday. The best way to register is to just sign up for our free $1,000 “Beat the Expert” contest. As long as you register with this email address, you’ll see the credit in your account by 3 pm EST on Friday.

Thanks and congrats again!

Week 1 | Week 2

Week 2 Summary

You ranked 15 out of 3358 contestants.

You scored points 125.9. The average score was 100.2.

You started the right player 78% of the time. The average was 48%.

'Pnishthm said:
I am registered with FanDuel with my same email addy but nothing was credited to me. Ranking 15th was pretty cool though :thumbup:
Hey Pnishthm - When you get a second, can you send a quick note to info@fantasypros.com with the email you used and your FanDuel screen name? We'll get you squared away with the credit. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread