What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Favorite chain restaurant? (1 Viewer)

The worst fast food I've ever experienced.  Not just the derelict shift in my town....they legit employ people fired from Goodwill (not joking...this is true).  Before I knew that fact I tried it a couple of times.  The last straw was the breakfast sandwich with a cold egg, unmelted cheese, cold limp bacon, and the hashbrown cake was warm on the edges and frozen in the middle.  Never again.
Weird, every time I go to JitB it's fine.  I did have an issue a couple weeks ago but that was an isolated incident.  Their burgers are always real good.  And as far as fast food goes, it's actually on the less expensive side.  A good $1.50-2.00 less than McDonalds, for example.

Weird, every time I go to JitB it's fine.  I did have an issue a couple weeks ago but that was an isolated incident.  Their burgers are always real good.  And as far as fast food goes, it's actually on the less expensive side.  A good $1.50-2.00 less than McDonalds, for example.
I think ff is like any other chain. Individual management matters a lot.

Jack in the Box - haven't even seen this chain in decades, but they used to have a burger on sourdough with mushrooms and swiss

The worst fast food I've ever experienced.  Not just the derelict shift in my town....they legit employ people fired from Goodwill (not joking...this is true).  Before I knew that fact I tried it a couple of times.  The last straw was the breakfast sandwich with a cold egg, unmelted cheese, cold limp bacon, and the hashbrown cake was warm on the edges and frozen in the middle.  Never again.

Interesting spread of opinion, though @facook you are likely right that it comes down to management -- you would think FF standardization (really pioneered by McDonalds at scale) would even that experience out.

JitB seems to be widespread in Seattle area, and never had it. What distinguishes it, its menu, etc. from McDs/Burger King/etc.?

Shifting gears, some other:

• Denny's -- I may be the minority opinion, and don't get me wrong, I still feel going here is sacrilege after living in the NYC area for so long and being spoiled by what a diner and its food should be. It's other menu offerings I can do without, but love me a Moons over My-Hammy with seasoned fries.
  • Chipotle's -- another chain I have not been to myself but my kids swear by it, and seems pretty popular in this area as well. 

JitB seems to be widespread in Seattle area, and never had it. What distinguishes it, its menu, etc. from McDs/Burger King/etc.?
Well as I mentioned, price is definitely part of it.  The burger combo I get (a huge double cheeseburger and fries/drink) runs like $8.50.  A quarter pounder (which is actually less meat than the JitB burger) combo at McDonald's pushes to about $11 by me when you upgrade to the medium fries/drink.

Their meat seems fresh, but maybe not as fresh as say Five Guys, Habit, In-n-Out or even Wendy's (but they're in the $10.50-11 price range for similar meal).

Fries are always hot, not soggy.  And you have the upgrade option of seasoned curly fries... which are good.

They have that super-customizable drink machine.  So you can get like diet vanilla orange Coke or whatever.  

Menu is full of other options... tacos, jalepeno poppers, etc... again, all reasonably priced.

And things get pretty "fun" too.  They have a "late night munchies meal", which is $6 after 9pm.  Weird sandwich combos like a "chicken tater melt", which is this awesome sandwich on a croissant... fried chicken patty, hash brown patty, bacon and this crazy good cheese sauce.  Combo comes with 2 tacos and a mix of regular and curly fries.  Again, $6.  If you want it during normal hours its' $8... which is still a huge value for all that food.  It's like 2,100 calories.  :lol:   

So yeah you can see I'm a fan.  They messed up my tater melt sandwich a couple weeks ago (no bacon, burnt the croissant) but every other time they're spot on.

In high school we would hit one or two JITB for late night grub.  These days we do not eat FF very often (typically in-n-out), or sometimes on road trips.  It really has varied based on location.  A draw for me has been variety.  Carl's jr has some as well, and more recently Arby's.

I always thought of Jack In The Box like this - if it is the only place open, you just eat something from  home or go to bed hungry.  :shrug:

Mr. Mojo said:
I always thought of Jack In The Box like this - if it is the only place open, you just eat something from  home or go to bed hungry.  :shrug:
Are the Carl's and Hardees menus the same as Jack-In-The-Box?  

I was a big fan of the large sourdough toast burgers - there were several of them.  

A lot of fast foodies in here. I thought this would mostly be relegated to places like Chili's.

-No vote for me, don't support most of the chains, always look for mom n pop establishments or for the last 90 days just cook at home with a few take outs here and there, mostly a pizza or simple tacos, etc...

The 1 "Chain" I support is a local one to South Florida called Flanagan's, they own their own liquor stores usually attached next door to the Restaurant/Bar, they only have a handful in Palm beach but a lot more in Broward. They have fresh fish delivered daily, great place but doesn't feel like a chain restaurant. 

Users who are viewing this thread