What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fashion - need some good looking alternatives to jeans - comfort important (1 Viewer)

I honestly didn't know pleats were still a thing for any vibe

Not everyone can pull them off but they've been back for a bit.

But they're not for everyone. Definitely wear what you like.

Anyone over the age of 30 wearing joggers probably needs to reflect on the direction of their life for a while.

Can you elaborate?

There’s a time and place for sure but the world is more casual now. Wondering specifically what you mean.
That would be the equivalent of perming your mullet, feathering your bangs, pinning your pants and wearing an acid-washed jean jacket as a 55-year-old man in the '80s.

This world is not for you. It has passed you by. You are lawn furniture. Stop trying to pretend otherwise.

$135 for all of these pants that look like either $11.99 Rawlings jogging sweat pants or some "Lee brand casuals" that are under $20.

weird stuff man.

and let's not talk about the "high water" length trend that was big when I was in grade school in the 60s.

whats next? dickies? ...bell-bottoms?

Anyone over the age of 30 wearing joggers probably needs to reflect on the direction of their life for a while.

Can you elaborate?

There’s a time and place for sure but the world is more casual now. Wondering specifically what you mean.
That would be the equivalent of perming your mullet, feathering your bangs, pinning your pants and wearing an acid-washed jean jacket as a 55-year-old man in the '80s.

This world is not for you. It has passed you by. You are lawn furniture. Stop trying to pretend otherwise.

The jogger outrage is hilarious. Couldn't imagine taking such a hard stance on jogging pants that taper at the leg but you do you my guy.

Lululemon Comission warpstreme pants are the best pants I've ever owned and it's not even close.

https://shop.lululemon.com/p/mens-t...assic-Warpstreme-34/_/prod9510404?color=29283

Fantastic fit, extremely comfortable, great clean lines suitable for office, dining out, or casual use.

I've hiked an behind waterfalls in Iceland (they're mildly water resistant) then eaten at a Michelin star restaurant in these the very next night.

They hold up REALLY well to repeated wear/wash cycles, and pack extremely well (very wrinkle resistant).

They're basically flawless

Lululemon Comission warpstreme pants are the best pants I've ever owned and it's not even close.

https://shop.lululemon.com/p/mens-t...assic-Warpstreme-34/_/prod9510404?color=29283

Fantastic fit, extremely comfortable, great clean lines suitable for office, dining out, or casual use.

I've hiked an behind waterfalls in Iceland (they're mildly water resistant) then eaten at a Michelin star restaurant in these the very next night.

They hold up REALLY well to repeated wear/wash cycles, and pack extremely well (very wrinkle resistant).

:lmao: right out of the catalog ...

I described the benefits of a product in my own words.

Strange post 👀

Can you elaborate?

The jogger outrage is hilarious. Couldn't imagine taking such a hard stance on jogging pants that taper at the leg but you do you my guy.
:goodposting:

They're not my thing but they're immensely popular and reportedly super comfy.

Definitely more acceptable than regular old dude sweats

At the risk of ridicule, this 50+ year old wears these fairly regularly.

I can dress them up for work with nice shoes or go more casual with some retro Adidas.

*slapithigh*

Can you elaborate?

so..... it's..... not? cool to have this look in 2023 is what you're saying?

At the risk of ridicule, this 50+ year old wears these fairly regularly.

I can dress them up for work with nice shoes or go more casual with some retro Adidas.

*slapithigh*

:highest of fives:

I think I have 4 pair each of pants and the shorts. Probably wearing one of the other 25+ days a month.

They're 1000% more comfortable than jeans and look way way better.

I described the benefits of a product in my own words.

Strange post 👀

so probably no one else read that as a J Peterman catalog description that Elaine was struggling over ...just me I guess

Elaine meets J Peterman

Love the Patagonia Quandry pant as well.

Again, very comfy, bit of flex in the right places. Great wind and water resistance. Love the pocket layout.

Too casual for some stuff but for outdoorsy stuff or around town they're awesome.

Why the **** are they in a quandary about pants? Because they're ugly?

I kid. I didn't like that color. Not a huge fan of the pants, but they're not too ugly.

I don't wear joggers, but it's an imperfect analogy here. Joggers are worn with ease and comfort. That's the original draw. Perming your bangs and feathering your mullet takes time, effort, and a bit of perseverance. It's intentional and determined, that look. Putting on a pair of joggers is pretty easy and pretty casual. It's so easy it's febreezy for sheezy.

Just bought a pair a pfallraven pants. I’m liking them so far.
Those look compfy, but not really pfashionable.
Pfair enoufgh
Pfun pfact: Pfallraven is the Swedish word for arctic pfox, the company’s logo, known for its ability to noiselessly urinate.

ETA Rest day (yuck) before final ski day, with 1-2 feet of fresh snow forecast.

ETA2 Bad joke made ever worse by misspelling fJallraven

Last edited:
I still haven't figured out if the guys claiming they wear joggers is shtick or serious.

As for my favorite pants, they are the non-zipper pockets on the legs version of what Terminalxylem posted on the front page:

Prana Brion

Most comfortable pants I have ever owned, can be worn lounging around the house, going out to dinner, or hitting the trail.
They're just jogging pants. I think you old folks get too hung up on the name....as for the pants you posted, not a bad look for 2005.

Last edited:
It’s not the name. It’s the elasticized cuffs.

I’m all for athletic fit. But there are limits, like yoga pants and ultra skinny jeans. And joggers.

All these pants that people are saying are comfy from the various brands have like 5-10% spandex like material. That is all you have to look for and the pant will be comfortable. Then it is just a matter of determining the fit of the brand.

Still don't get the jogger hate but whatever!

Picked up a pair of these and like them alot :thumbup:

I was worried they were gonna be overly tight, but they aren't at all, and I'm a dad bod 6'0 230 :lmao: Super comfy.

Users who are viewing this thread