What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Need VERY last minute vacation ideas (1 Viewer)

FreeBaGeL

Footballguy
Had a week long vacation planned to Bend OR, leaving on Sunday.

Our Airbnb host just messaged us that the smoke in the area is really bad (apparently clear everywhere else, only a problem where we were going!) and has graciously offered to allow us to cancel our reservation if we want and go somewhere else.

Soooooo, need some FBG favorite alternatives that can be planned very last minute and easily. Very last minute. As in we leave about 36 hours from now.

Kids are 6 and 8 years old so not too much moving around, prefer to stay in 1 or 2 bases. We like everything. Cities/towns, water, outdoors, whatever.

Looking to keep within a ~12 hour drive of Salt Lake City.

Whatcha got?

Aspen.
about 7 hours from you?

If you interested, pm me, I can put out the bat signal, and maybe get a rate at a hotel. I just messaged my buddy to feel him out.

Aspen.
about 7 hours from you?

If you interested, pm me, I can put out the bat signal, and maybe get a rate at a hotel. I just messaged my buddy to feel him out.

Thanks. We actually did Aspen a little over a year ago so probably something new. Got me thinking though, maybe something like Crested Butte on the other side.

Oregon Coast - you're already heading this way. Prepare for temps that don't crack 70, gorgeous sunsets and whale watching. Try Yachats, Florence, Newport or Waldport. PM for help if you need it.

Any concerns about the winds shifting NW and blowing that smoke over to the coast? Or do the winds not usually blow that way? Come to think of it I can't think of a time where I heard about smoke being a problem on the coast. It's always Glacier or the Tetons or, apparently, Bend.

Check out Thermopolis, WY. A 5.5 hour drive from SLC.

My wife and daughter stayed there on a cross country trip home from college (MN to UT) and were very charmed by it.

Fun hot springs/pools for kids and adults, Bighorn Mountains very nearby are gorgeous, Yellowstone is a 2 hour drive, Dinosaur center, rafting/float trips, many good family-friendly restaurants in town, affordable accommodations that are more likely available on 2 days notice than some other more popular destinations.

Maybe not enough for a full week but, like suggested above by DQ, you could also stay a few days near Mt. Rushmore and Devil's Tower for part of the trip.

Hope you enjoy a great family trip.....

What do your enjoy doing? As you know, there are a ton of great places for outdoor recreation within a 4-5 drive of SLC. I’d go to the Wind River Range in WY.

Not sure it'll hold attention long enough but we were just out there and dug fossils at U-Dig out of Delta. Went ATVing out of Manti. Both were awesome.

Oregon Coast - you're already heading this way. Prepare for temps that don't crack 70, gorgeous sunsets and whale watching. Try Yachats, Florence, Newport or Waldport. PM for help if you need it.

Any concerns about the winds shifting NW and blowing that smoke over to the coast? Or do the winds not usually blow that way? Come to think of it I can't think of a time where I heard about smoke being a problem on the coast. It's always Glacier or the Tetons or, apparently, Bend.

No concerns. You're safe as kittens on the coast.

No concerns. You're safe as kittens on the coast.
jet stream goes E---->W... you're screwed.

except for the other 365 days of the year.

Pacific Northwest is on my bucket list to visit

Also would like to hit New England (Vermont, Maine, whatever) and New Orleans

WAAAYYYYY too late, but Bend/Central Oregon wasn't terrible AQI wise this weekend. Hope you either went through with it or took GM's suggestion and went to the Oregon Coast.

What was the decision? :needlesandpins:

Lots of great recommendations in here added to bucket list for future trips! We're sitting just outside the entrance to Glacier National Park right now. Got a sweet deal on some last minute lodging and managed to score park reservations in the morning lottery.
Can't wait to hear how it goes. Glacier National Park is next on the hit list for my annual hike with my buddies. Granted this was year 1 but you have to have the first one to make it annual, right?

Users who are viewing this thread