What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Favorite MVP player of all time? (1 Viewer)

'91 Thurman Thomas; I just like the way he played the game.

He's the first RB I remember being a top receiving threat.

Four years in a row of being the top combined yards leader

and then four Super Bowls in a row.

Wasn't even the best RB at his own college, but a HOFer. :shrug:

I'd say Lawrence Taylor or Jerry Rice.

You look at that list, and it's dominated by RB's and QB's. There's very very few people who aren't a RB or QB so it shows you just how good those 2 players were to break thru.

Best two players at their position of all time IMO and possibly the top 2 football players ever.

Iwannabeacowboysbaby hit the nail on the head. LT and Rice were transformative players who, IMO are the two best players I have ever seen.

Rice's numbers are positively insane, especially when compared to other great WRs, while no other defender has ever dominated a football game like the original LT. They are #1 and #2 on my list.

I would say LT also (MVP 2006) cause he's amazing! Such heart and dedication and totally non selfish! I'm in the midst of buying a new Vizio tv for the big game this Sunday (Go giants!!) and I saw that, lo and behold, LT is featured all over their website! I totally think it's a sign that I'm making the right decision to buy a Vizio! :goodposting: Anyways, he's got some pretty cool videos if anyone else loves LT www.vizio.com/lt. Check 'em out!

Good question, but best, or favorite? There's a difference for me.

My favorite MVP was Favre, and Barry was a very close 2nd.

The best MVP? No brainer, Lawrence Taylor and then Favre and then Rice and then Barry. IMHO. Based on each player's performance and accomplishments in those particular years.

Lawrence Taylor - 1986

Career Highlights and Awards

10x Pro Bowl selection (1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990)

10x All-Pro selection (1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990)

2x Super Bowl champion (XXI, XXV)

NFL 75th Anniversary All-Time Team

NFL 1980s All-Decade Team

1986 NFL MVP

1986 PFWA NFL MVP

1981 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year

3x NFL Defensive Player of the Year (1986, 1982, 1981)

2x UPI NFC Defensive Player of the Year (1986, 1983)

1986 Bert Bell Award

1986 George S. Halas Trophy

Pro Football Hall of Fame

Users who are viewing this thread