What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG Expert Sortable Rankings Critique (3 Viewers)

Bump for the world to see my brilliance...Since I posted this three months ago..A) Foster declared a much bigger part of the offense(Don't the Football Outsider guys feel like Jackasses...see thread for clarification)B) Kevin Jones Steadily Rising in the Consensus Rankings & Davis DroppingC) The jury is still out on Westbrook, Edge and PortisYes, I'm lacking humility this morning. Please read all the replies to my post...there are some keepers in there. A few may even make my sig.
Hey LHUCKS,Don't break your arm reaching around to pat yourself on the back, OK? :gang1:

Bump for the world to see my brilliance...Since I posted this three months ago..A) Foster declared a much bigger part of the offense(Don't the Football Outsider guys feel like Jackasses...see thread for clarification)B) Kevin Jones Steadily Rising in the Consensus Rankings & Davis DroppingC) The jury is still out on Westbrook, Edge and PortisYes, I'm lacking humility this morning. Please read all the replies to my post...there are some keepers in there. A few may even make my sig.
Hey LHUCKS,Don't break your arm reaching around to pat yourself on the back, OK? :gang1:
I figured what the hell, may as well stoke the fire this morning.

Bump for the world to see my brilliance...Since I posted this three months ago...A) Foster declared a much bigger part of the offense by Fox(Don't the Football Outsider guys feel like Jackasses...see thread for clarification)
Everything I have seen goes AGAINST this. From what I've seen, Foster is no more than a backup hoping to get a few more plays on the field let alone an actual workload.The 50%/50% split is pure myth and urban legend.

Before you cough out a lung patting yourself on the back too hard, you might want to note that so far (on this far-too-early evaluation) you've been 50/50 on projections, which is about what a dog can do_Overrated:Portis: WRONG, he had a huge first week and things look good.Westbrook: WRONG, he looks to be about where FBG put him.Davis: RIGHT, he is old and useless.Underrated:Edge: RIGHT, he looked great on ThursdayK. Jones: WRONG, he sure didn't show anything against the weak BearsFoster: RIGHT, if and only if, he tears it up in his new role (I think he will)

Bump.Foster's time is now. :ph34r:
You've officially past "annoying" and moved to "ridiculous"COlin
How's your Survivor I squad looking? :P
Just fine. I survived week 1 despite having a mediocre performance at QB and only 1 decent WR out of 3 required. My defense sucked, my Kicker was average, and IIRC, I had ONE touchdown (Barber) in my starting lineup. So I can be clear, at what point do you admit you were wrong about Brown? Just let us know... :rolleyes:

Before you cough out a lung patting yourself on the back too hard, you might want to note that so far (on this far-too-early evaluation) you've been 50/50 on projections, which is about what a dog can do_Overrated:Portis: WRONG, he had a huge first week and things look good.Westbrook: WRONG, he looks to be about where FBG put him.Davis: RIGHT, he is old and useless.Underrated:Edge: RIGHT, he looked great on ThursdayK. Jones: WRONG, he sure didn't show anything against the weak BearsFoster: RIGHT, if and only if, he tears it up in his new role (I think he will)
Portis and Westbrook evaulations were based heavily on their risks, thus we need to wait until at least midseason to draw any conclusions. And let's remember I didn't say they'd be busts, I said they were overvalued. On Jones, I think his #28 ranking was and still is too low. He'll get his opportunity soon enough.

Foster doesn't get credit for having a "bigger role in the offense" either. If you are "waiting until midseason" to admit your wrong calls are wrong, than we're going to wait until midseason to see if your "right" calls are "right."Truthfully, your prediction about Foster isn't right because he isn't getting a bigger role in the offense, he's getting a bigger role due to injury.COlin

Bump.Foster's time is now. :ph34r:
You've officially past "annoying" and moved to "ridiculous"COlin
How's your Survivor I squad looking? :P
Just fine. I survived week 1 despite having a mediocre performance at QB and only 1 decent WR out of 3 required. My defense sucked, my Kicker was average, and IIRC, I had ONE touchdown (Barber) in my starting lineup. So I can be clear, at what point do you admit you were wrong about Brown? Just let us know... :rolleyes:
Well, I will always maintain that while George's contract situation was up in the air Brown was a wasted pick. Regardless of what happens. As for my stance after George left, I will admit I was wrong once Brown plays in 10 games or so. From what I've seen I think it will be close and I maintain there is a very good chance he doesn't make it through the season....and eventually hurts many teams chances of advancing in the playoffs.

Well, I will always maintain that while George's contract situation was up in the air Brown was a wasted pick. Regardless of what happens.
...And I will always maintain that this shows exactly how uninformed you were about the situation as anyone with a pair of eyes and a basic understanding of economics knew Eddie George wasn't going to be a Titan this year and that he was NOT the better back between he and Brown.Colin

Foster doesn't get credit for having a "bigger role in the offense" either. If you are "waiting until midseason" to admit your wrong calls are wrong, than we're going to wait until midseason to see if your "right" calls are "right."Truthfully, your prediction about Foster isn't right because he isn't getting a bigger role in the offense, he's getting a bigger role due to injury.COlin
Agree with the first point, but are you saying that you still agree with the original Foster ranking? For the record?Disagree on the second point, as I cited Davis' injury history in a couple of replies on this thread. I just didn't state it in the original post although I should have since it was obviously a large part of the big picture.

Well, I will always maintain that while George's contract situation was up in the air Brown was a wasted pick. Regardless of what happens.
...And I will always maintain that this shows exactly how uninformed you were about the situation as anyone with a pair of eyes and a basic understanding of economics knew Eddie George wasn't going to be a Titan this year and that he was NOT the better back between he and Brown.Colin
Better back or not, George was going to signifcantly hamper any opportunity Brown was going to get this year in Tennessee and George wouldn't have been "questionable" in week 2 of the NFL season. :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,This has devolved into an "I told you so", NO, "I told YOU so" thread between the two of you...let's let sleeping dogs lie. One week doesn't make ANYONE'S predictions right or wrong.Woodrow

Guys,This has devolved into an "I told you so", NO, "I told YOU so" thread between the two of you...let's let sleeping dogs lie. One week doesn't make ANYONE'S predictions right or wrong.Woodrow
Well, I originally bumped the thread this morning because one of my calls was that Davis was overvalued and Foster was undervalued in the original consensus rankings for all the reasons stated in this thread four months ago.It wasn't meant to be an I told you so, as much as it was meant to be a discussion starter.As for the Chris Brown stuff, I'm certainly going to defend my position if it is brought up in a thread that it doesn't pertain to.All in all I thought the participants kept it somewhat civil though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a couple of predictions.1. LHUCKS & COlin continue to argue their positions long after the SuperBowl has finished.2. They both miss the playoffs. They forget to set their lineups and forfiet. This was a direct result of exhaustion due to #1 above. :rotflmao:

Bad call. :thumbdown: I understand your point that there's luck involved in fantasty football, and sometimes even stupid picks work out well, if for the wrong reasons. But that's not what happened with Chris Brown. Eddie George is not a good player anymore. Even if he'd stayed in Tennessee (and from the outset there was a good chance that he wouldn't), Chris Brown would have been the stud there, not George.

Well, I originally bumped the thread this morning because one of my calls was that Davis was overvalued and Foster was undervalued in the original consensus rankings for all the reasons stated in this thread four months ago.
Good call. :thumbup: (I tried to make this post before the last one, but the board crashed.)

I have a couple of predictions.1. LHUCKS & COlin continue to argue their positions long after the SuperBowl has finished.2. They both miss the playoffs. They forget to set their lineups and forfiet. This was a direct result of exhaustion due to #1 above.
Good call. :thumbup:

Even if he'd stayed in Tennessee (and from the outset there was a good chance that he wouldn't), Chris Brown would have been the stud there, not George.
That's assuming a couple of things:1) George would have lost his hold on the top RB spot...the news was that he wasn't going to2) Brown stays healthy all year if he did assume the top RB spot

Users who are viewing this thread