What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG Mock Draft (5 Viewers)

With the 48th pick Jacksonville Jaguars select Edge Darius Robinson Missouri.

Another need addressed, looking at WR as well but with Franklin going a few picks earlier Edge is the pick as WR depth still exists.

Great size and frame, NFL-ready body. Has room for growth if need be, too.
Strong and physical at the point of attack to stand up offensive tackles at the line of scrimmage and defense the run game.
Another guy I was hoping might fall (but knew wouldn't) which pushed me to make my trade up for Frazier. Robinson was a good fit for Detroit because of his versatility but I don't know if he's ever going to provide much in the pass rush which is why I ultimately went Frazier over Robinson.

Last edited:
Sorry a combo of sick and busy but feeling fortunate that Paul was available here after the mini-run on OL a little while ago.

He has the size profile we need. He hasn't played RT but can the Trent Brown FA signing makes it less critical he play right away.

Looks like @Long Ball Larry is up

-QG

2.50: Junior Colson - LB - University of Michigan

First off, LB is not a position that the Eagles value much historically, so I'm not too convinced that they will do this. However, as a few of the other guys that I coveted have gone off the board and I look at this roster and think about their needs, I keep coming back to how to give Fangio what he needs to run his D. I think that they still need help at LB and generally quick and high-intelligence players to execute his varied schemes.

So when I see a guy like Junior Colson and consider the dearth of other high-level players with these traits, I feel like I have to take him.

He is described by Dane Brugler as "“The leader of college football’s No. 1-ranked defense last season, Colson was voted Michigan’s Defensive MVP and won its Toughest Player Award. He posted outstanding production with 196 combined tackles over the last two seasons, 59 more than the Wolverines’ second-leading tackler during that span. Colson diagnoses the action well and quickly builds his speed to make stops at the line of scrimmage or out in space. I only need one hand to count the missed tackles I charted off his 2023 tape.”

He has the speed to close and drop back in coverage, the intelligence to diagnose what is happening and execute, and is a great leader, communicator and high-motor guy. I think that this mix of traits is exactly what the Eagles and Fangio need.

Now, this is still a bit of a risk. He is a good but not great athlete and it is possible that he will never be fluid enough to really transcend at the next level. But I think I still should have a pretty good floor with a good deal of upside and at this point in the draft, it seems like the right thing to do.

Last edited:
Pittsburgh Steelers
Round 2, pick #51 --WR Roman Wilson, Michigan

If things play out like this, Khan would be looking to move back in this draft, but, for this experiment....

Steelers need a WR, along with a couple other things, but with Pickens established, could really use someone to take over Diontae's role and not be a jerk in the locker room. Elite athletic skills, speed that kills. I think Tomlin likes players from certain schools and Michigan is one of them. Ohio St, Georgia and Bama are the others, not bad programs.

LA Rams
Round 2, pick 52 - EDGE Bralen Trice, Wash

With Tre White just signed to a one year deal, the pressing concern at corner might be less pressing than we initially thought (might still be though). But we think Bralen Trice is a 1st round talent. And getting him mid 2nd is just too good value to turn down. Latu and Trice in might be a bit luxury, but it turns a fairly substantial weakness into a serious strength. Natural rushers to bookend us for years to come.

Round 2​

33) Carolina Panthers - Edge Chris Braswell, Alabama
34) New England Patriots - Jordan Morgan OT Arizona
35) Miami Dolphins (via Arizona Cardinals) - OL, Graham Barton, Duke
36) Washington Commanders - OT Kingsley Suamataia, BYU
37) Detroit Lions (via Chicago Bears (via Los Angeles Chargers)) - Zach Frazier IOL West Virginia
38) Arizona Cardinals (via Tennessee Titans) - Payton Wilson LB NC State
39) Carolina Panthers (from N.Y. Giants) - Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon
40) Washington Commanders (from Chicago) - TE Ben Sinnott, Kansas State
41) Green Bay Packers (from N.Y. Jets) - Max Melton CB Rutgers
42) Houston Texans (from Minnesota) - T'Vondre Sweat DT Texas
43) Atlanta Falcons - Kris Jenkins DT, Michigan
44) San Francisco 49ers (via Las Vegas Raiders) - Xavier Worthy WR, Texas
45) New Orleans Saints (from Denver) - WR Xavier Legette, South Carolina
46) Indianapolis Colts - Kamari Lassiter, CB, Georgia
47) New York Giants (from Seattle) - Ennis Rakestraw Jr., CB, Missouri
48) Jacksonville Jaguars - Edge Darius Robinson Missouri.
49) Cincinnati Bengals - Patrick Paul OT University of Houston
50) Philadelphia Eagles (from New Orleans) - Junior Colson - LB - University of Michigan
51) Pittsburgh Steelers - WR Roman Wilson, Michigan
52) Los Angeles Rams - EDGE Bralen Trice, Wash
53) Buffalo Bills (via Philadelphia) - Tyler Nubin S University of Minnesota
54) Cleveland Browns - DL Braden Fiske, Florida State
55) Miami Dolphins - Edgerrin Cooper, multi-role LB, Texas AM
56) Dallas Cowboys - Cooper Beebe, OL, Kansas St
57) Tampa Bay Buccaneers
58) Green Bay Packers
59) Houston Texans
60) Philadelphia Eagles (via Buffalo)
61) Chicago Bears (via Detroit Lions)
62) Baltimore Ravens
63) Las Vegas Raiders (via San Francisco 49ers)
64) Tennessee Titans (via Arizona Cardinals (via Kansas City Chiefs))

Last edited:
With the 49th pick of the 2024 FBG Draft the Cincinnati Bengals proudly select...

2.49 Patrick Paul OT University of Houston :excited:

-QG
Paul was the guy I was angling for the 49ers when I moved up. Really like him in a zone blocking system. But decided to have some fun and take Worthy when he was still available. Good pick. I think anyway.

In this draft DT then OT works out best

If we had gone OT first Sweat would have been off the board by the time we picked (we actually talked about doubling up at DT if Sweat was somehow there)

-QG

Pittsburgh Steelers

If things play out like this, Khan would be looking to move back in this draft, but, for this experiment....

Steelers need a WR, along with a couple other things, but with Pickens established, could really use someone to take over Diontae's role and not be a jerk in the locker room. Elite athletic skills, speed that kills. I think Tomlin likes players from certain schools and Michigan is one of them. Ohio St, Georgia and Bama are the others, not bad programs.
Great value but i hate this pick for Roman.
Wilson to Wilson part deaux. Hopefully this version would be better than the jets.

Pittsburgh Steelers

I like this pick a lot. Wilson is an ideal complement to Pickens, and gives Wilson/Fields a much needed weapon.

Buffalo Bill's

Pick 53. Tyler Nubin S University of Minnesota.

Ball hawk playing in two high.

Ace special teamer.
Steal of the mock. Wouldn't be crazy if this was Buffalo's 1st round pick.
Agree. He could be a first rounder for sure and had Tampa not signed Jordan Whitehead he would have been in consideration there. Was 100% taking him at #57. Reminds me of another Minnesota safety I'm familiar with.

Welp, I just checked page one to see who's drafting for Cleveland and oh yeah, lol, nobody.

So let's discuss it and make the pick. Off the top of my head, this team is complete on defense, could use a WR on offense. Yes?

I would have thought Braden Fiske as a pass rushing DT or maybe Mike Sainristil as a slot CB.

ETA: Its possible I'm higher on Fiske than most though. I think he's the #3 DT in the class.

and i need a few minutes for my dallas pick... phone calls... going to vegas for the march madness... plans all fubar...

Welp, I just checked page one to see who's drafting for Cleveland and oh yeah, lol, nobody.

So let's discuss it and make the pick. Off the top of my head, this team is complete on defense, could use a WR on offense. Yes?
Who is the #1 punter? Give the Browns that guy

-Qg

Miami, Round 2, selection 55, picks:
Edgerrin Cooper, multi-role LB, Texas AM.

6'2" 230lbs. Fast (4.51 forty), some coverage ability, good tackler, had 10 sacks as a senior. Got better every year. He's a better version of Jerome Baker and will be a major contributor day 1.

Note: MOP is driving an unable to give his ok. He still thinks Fiske is a Dolphin!

From DraftBuzz:

Elite overall athleticism - incredible burst (1.54 10 yard) and speed combined with long arms gives him huge upside

Exceptional speed enables coverage of tight ends and running backs on deep routes and effectiveness in Tampa 2 drops or as a spy.

Fluid movement and change of direction skills complement his man coverage, rarely leaving him out of phase.

Quick recognition of gap runs, often outmaneuvering linemen to the spot with his sideline-to-sideline range.
Effective use of hands and long arms to slip blocks and wrap up tackles, demonstrating a wide tackling radius.

Shows promise as a pass rusher with impressive closing speed, notching 10 sacks in his senior year.

Good size and length for a modern WILL linebacker, with an uncanny ability to make plays and finish tackles.

Highly versatile, capable of contributing in coverage, against the run, and as a disruptive force in the backfield.

Proven track record of playmaking, evidenced by consistent play behind the line of scrimmage and in coverage.

SCOUTING REPORT: WEAKNESSES

Lacks the ideal frame and strength for the NFL, needing to bulk up to better withstand and disengage from blocks.
Occasionally misjudges speed in open space, leading to missed tackles against more agile opponents.
Zone coverage awareness requires improvement; prone to getting distracted by backfield actions.
Struggles with consistency in taking on and shedding blocks, often opting to evade rather than confront.
Plays with a high center of gravity, making him vulnerable to blockers and affecting his ability to change direction quickly.

Edgerrin Cooper. Guys named after football players that were playing when I started watching football are beginning to be old enough to be in the NFL themselves. This is when you know you're at least starting to get old.
Not to mention a few sons of stars who were drafted when we were watching.

This guy is the reason I thought I would double up on OL in the first two rounds. Harbaugh would approve if others don't. I feel a little giddy at the potential of having him next to JPJ for a decade.

2.56 Dallas Cowboys - Cooper Beebe, OL, Kansas St

From PFN

Two-time, back-to-back Big 12 Offensive Lineman of the Year. The first consensus first-team All-American offensive lineman in Kansas State football history. These are honors that only Beebe can boast.

With over 40 career starts and playing experience at left tackle, left guard, right guard, and right tackle, Beebe was a combined elder statesman and Swiss Army Knife for the Wildcats’ offensive line while also gnawing at defenders each and every week.

NFL evaluators love experience, versatility, and physicality, and Beebe has all those things to the highest degree. At the NFL Combine in Indianapolis, he reaffirmed his athleticism with a phenomenal testing session.

From Brandon Thorn:

Overall, Beebe is a highly decorated, massively built, sawed-off, smart and strong presence with proven versatility to project as a high-floor, solid starting guard

On Saturdays Thorn posts his favorite OL plays of the day on X. Beebe made the highlights several times last year. He might be the best run blocker in this class. His floor is very high, if his ceiling isn't quite there with the better 1st rounders. He is stout in pass pro, just built like a bull. He isn't a great option for Tackle because he isn't long enough, but he was really good when he moved outside, so in a pinch, that's covered too. The big board I prefer has him in the top 30 players overall, so this feels like value, maybe BPA. Dallas lost two good OLs in free agency. I think this is a great class to fix that via the draft.

Edgerrin Cooper. Guys named after football players that were playing when I started watching football are beginning to be old enough to be in the NFL themselves. This is when you know you're at least starting to get old.
Jeremiah Trotter son of Eagle great, was our 2nd choice. BTW, is Trotter better than Cooper? Trotter has been compared to Patrick Queen. Undersized, but makes plays.

This guy is the reason I thought I would double up on OL in the first two rounds. Harbaugh would approve if others don't. I feel a little giddy at the potential of having him next to JPJ for a decade.

2.56 Dallas Cowboys - Cooper Beebe, OL, Kansas St

I like this pick. Third round will still have RB and WR available .

Users who are viewing this thread