What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FC42 creates magic (2 Viewers)

Do you ever report anyone on this board?

• Never

Votes: 156 70.6%
  • I did one time, I'm still ashamed

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • I have a few times

Votes: 40 18.1%
  • Here and there

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • 1-2x a month

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 1-2x a week

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Almost daily

Votes: 7 3.2%

• Total voters
I have used the report button when I'm trying to follow a game thread in the pool and Tim starts cluttering it with every other post being about how many yards his crappy player on his crappy last place team needs for him to get his first win.

His 3 day banning sparked one of the best comments ever on this board. I'll try to do it justice. 

"You know who else got banned for 3 days? Jesus. And then he blasted through a giant boulder and shot off into space."
? ? 

Thats not quite it but, yeah, that was a freaking instant classic.

Only when I'm drunk and want to give the mods something to do.  Then I report ever other post until I pass out. 
Yeah I did this several months ago.  Got really hammered and then I reported a post I thought was off-the-charts racist and bigoted.

Got up the next day, realized I reported something for the first time in forever, read the post in question, was nothing even close to what I thought it was.  It was about as reportable as a Tom Brady post in the Shark Pool.  :bag:

That said I bet I've reported 10 post ever, and eight were for SPAM. 

Sure, 5, 6 times per day, I'll report posters I don't like, even if they didn't post anything bad. Pretty sure the mods have me on ignore.

I've reported three or four posts total and I have zero regrets about doing so.  If I remember right--three of them made personal attacks at me and/or my family members --and the other was a disturbing personal attack against another FBG.   The shame is not in reporting people that don't understand that a difference of opinion in a fantasy football forum is not grounds to make personal attacks on others and their families--rather the shame is in allowing those people to believe that their behavior is acceptable and okay.  

Never have, never will.

Seems hypocritical to complain about overmoderation and then turn around and give them more work to do.

However, I owe my two timeouts to Hillary Clinton and LeBron James so if they ever start posting I reserve my right to reconsider. Screw them.

Shake your head all you want. If that hollow machismo makes you feel cool--more power to you. I'd rather shake my head at you for thinking that personal attacks on somebody or their family is something that shouldn't be reported. I have no desire to go back and forth with you--so enjoy your evening.  

Mad Sweeney went through 4 aliases stalking me for several years, and it was either hit the report button or get banned responding back to him with his little iWar he insisted on starting in every thread I was in.  I might use the button a few times a year, but usually in lieu of responding to personal attacks in which I will inevitably get quickly banned for even the most minimal response.  I usually give the mods an hour or two to clean up the mess, which they rarely ever do.    So I take my banning.  On number 12.  Maybe 6 of them were justified.  A couple of them were criminally unjust.  Thanks Joe. 

Who has a good enough notebook ? that they figured out which alias Ozymandias came back as?

That was one of the more famous "I hereby retire from the FFA" threads.

I caused that.

I don't remember what his off-color joke was - something about Lincoln or Jefferson, it was during a Serious Business Timdraft (Worlds Greatest, Greatest American, et al - they run together 6-8 years later.) It was a wee hours of the morning & probably drunk post. I reported it first thing one morning & in my message to the mod said "Please take out the trash." Figured a mod would delete the post.

Instead they suspended him. It was a 3 or 7 day timeout, far worse than the offensive post. Ozy came back & promptly retired. Pretty sure we saw him lurking for weeks/months, and then somebody with a remarkably similar posting style appeared. Been too long to remember.

Anyway, don't report because "you have no idea how the nameless faceless mod will react" is the lesson here.
You reported somebody for making a joke about Clinton and his sex slaves?  Seriously?

Never have, never will.

Seems hypocritical to complain about overmoderation and then turn around and give them more work to do.

However, I owe my two timeouts to Hillary Clinton and LeBron James so if they ever start posting I reserve my right to reconsider. Screw them.
I don't think I have ever complained about overmoderation. Have you ever been on an unmoderated message board? They are horrible places that bring out the worst of...I was going to say "humanity" but a lot of those posters don't reach the minimum standard for being human.

Looks like someone excessively complained about the Colin Kaepernick thread - MT was in there yesterday afternoon and nothing happened... Then overnight it was locked. 

I can only imagine how a person reacts IRL when they can't even deal with anonymous words on a message board. 

i report things that need reportin like the pinterest button on the bottom if you are sharin this site on a pinterest just come on so ill see you in hell pinterest button take that to the bank brohans

Looks like someone excessively complained about the Colin Kaepernick thread - MT was in there yesterday afternoon and nothing happened... Then overnight it was locked. 

I can only imagine how a person reacts IRL when they can't even deal with anonymous words on a message board. 
Hey, Slim, to set the record straight, you changed the title of a 76 page thread about CK to make it about an individual poster so that he (me) could be attacked and ridiculed. That has never been allowed to fly around here. Over the years several such similar negative threads have been started about Tim, MOP, LHUCKS, Eminence, et al, and were all shot down by the mods rather quickly. You went so far as to entitle the thread Pure Squistion Entertainment and Hell Toupee even referred to it as "your thread" (in addressing me).

In fact you even added to the title that it was (formerly the Colin Kaepernick thread). I respectfully asked that the thread title be changed back to what it was or be locked in the alternative, but you completely ignored that, so you shouldn't complain that the mods finally locked it after your inaction, as it was no longer a thread about Colin Kaepernick.

I don't even know where the report button is 

its like the female g spot 

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't even know where the report button is 

its like the female g spot 
It's more of a link than a button. It shows up next to the time/date of the post near the top. I just tried it out on your post here to make sure it's working. Good news - it is!

You're welcome.

Hey, Slim, to set the record straight, you changed the title of a 76 page thread about CK to make it about an individual poster so that he (me) could be attacked and ridiculed. That has never been allowed to fly around here. Over the years several such similar negative threads have been started about Tim, MOP, LHUCKS, Eminence, et al, and were all shot down by the mods rather quickly. You went so far as to entitle the thread Pure Squistion Entertainment and Hell Toupee even referred to it as "your thread" (in addressing me).

In fact you even added to the title that it was (formerly the Colin Kaepernick thread). I respectfully asked that the thread title be changed back to what it was or be locked in the alternative, but you completely ignored that, so you shouldn't complain that the mods finally locked it after your inaction, as it was no longer a thread about Colin Kaepernick.

you guys are weird

Did it once about 11 years ago, and absolutely not ashamed of it.  Someone went WAY over the line to actively hurt another poster and it was killing an otherwise engaging thread.

I haven't seen anything that flagrant since then, so I haven't ever had to use it again.

It's more of a link than a button. It shows up next to the time/date of the post near the top. I just tried it out on your post here to make sure it's working. Good news - it is!

You're welcome.
Did you find the G spot?

Last edited by a moderator:

I like how this thread just kind of meandered along, bobbing along with some little jokes, and one-offs, until, finally, unable to stand it because people were not getting it, you posted the real reason for the poll, hoping people would finally get it, and continue whatever little slapfight you want to engage in.  

I like how this thread just kind of meandered along, bobbing along with some little jokes, and one-offs, until, finally, unable to stand it because people were not getting it, you posted the real reason for the poll, hoping people would finally get it, and continue whatever little slapfight you want to engage in.  
:yawn: at OP. He's the worst.

Did you find the G spot?
It's more of a ##### than a button. It shows up next to the time/date of the ####### near the top. I just tried it out on your woman here to make sure it's working. Good news - it is!

You're welcome.

Apparently checking the time isn't your strongest attribute.

The only post I ever reported was one in a thread I started. It wasn't directed at me but it was a link to nude photos. The chick was hot but still. I did ask the poster to remove them and after not getting a response for a while I reported the post to avoid a lock. That's it.

I have never reported anyone for comments directed at me. And there have been some.ugly ones.

I can't reread anything, I am sorry.

Still marvelling at the devestating Tampon Takedown of 2017.  Delete your account, Squis, no coming back from that one.  
You hangout in Union Square, with the Occupy Wall Street losers, sitting on those steps in front of Whole Foods, right?

Let me help you out here bc you and your tagalong @roadkill1292 probably can't piece this together. 

If this thread was started yesterday during the day, and the thread I mentioned was locked overnight - do you see the error in your post? I explained that to you like you're 10, if you'd like I can explain it to you like you're 5.

Users who are viewing this thread