What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fellow Roy Williams Owners (1 Viewer)

koreansteve

Footballguy
He's caught 8 balls through 3 games. Anyone dropped him yet or going to drop him or thinking about dropping him?

Guys like Berrian, Moore, Engram... are available in most leagues, seems like they'd be better than Williams at this point.

What are you guys doing with him?

If you are really thinking of dropping him, I'd wait until at least October 14. Lions have said they would not trade him, but have also said they would listen to offers.

I'm not going to go crazy and drop him because he has a ton of talent however he may not be worthy of being a must-start each week. His value comes in 2 forms--1) Lions suck and they'll be playing a lot of catch-up ball this year which means lots of targets 2) if Calvin Johnson gets injured, his value skyrockets. He's actually a great buy-low candidate but far from being dropped.

No way you should cut him. Yes he is bust but still has #2/3 potential.

And if Megatron gets hurt, he is back being #1

Millen got the axe. I would at least wait to see how Roy responds after the bye week before cutting loose. Berrian, Moore, and Engram are not as good as Roy.

I wouldn't drop him yet either, though I don't think he is playing up to his potential; maybe he is trying to force the Lions into trading him. I am trying to trade for him in my dynasty league but only because I have the roster space and trade depth to gamble with.

You'd really just drop him? You can't even sell low?
Come on - guy has only had 3 games - He's in FBG's top 25 WRs overall and top 20 WR this week. I think he's prime for better days.
I agree. He doesn't have any injuries that would dramatically change his preseason projection. These are the same Lions everyone expected going into the year. He won't be this bad the entire year.I was just questioning his rationale behind dropping him. If you really want to be rid of him, at least trade him, he has some value.

What's up with all of these threads? Some players get off to slow starts. Sometimes a guy just stinks all year.

However, I don't see how you drop him yet unless you're in a 6 team league with short rosters and a no trade rule.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's up with all of these threads? Some players get off to slow starts. Sometimes a guy just stinks all year. However, I don't see how you drop him yet unless you're in a 6 team league with short rosters and a no trade rule.
I agree. A couple of weeks ago, I saw some threads with people saying they were going to drop LJ. Step back from the ledge and let the season play out!

Almost like Chris Chamber's career path.

- Only one 1,000 yard season (and only 1 noteworthy fantasy season)

- Physically gifted

- Drafted onto a bad team

- Journeyman QBs throwing to him

- Fans praying he goes to another team with a real QB.

What's up with all of these threads? Some players get off to slow starts. Sometimes a guy just stinks all year. However, I don't see how you drop him yet unless you're in a 6 team league with short rosters and a no trade rule.
Because there are other WRs out there who ARE putting up pts vs a guy who "has potential" to put up points?Depends on situation but may well be worth taking a chance elswhere, much like w/Holt IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread