What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FF Index Draft in justover 2 hours (1 Viewer)

Had team 11 drafted like I proposed (grab RBs early and don't get any scrubs), he could have had the following RBs after 4 picks:Ricky WilliamsMarshall FaulkMarcel ShippCurtis Martin I think if he would have then sluffed off QB until round 8 (instead of taking three early) and concentrated on WRs, he probably could have won this thing in my opinion. He still might, but he lost out on a lot of quality WRs in a league that requires 3 to play each week.

I am still shocked at these picks (among others):#10 overall - RB Kevan Barlow#16 overall - WR Torry Holt#20 overall - WR Terrell Owens#22 Overall - RB Rudi Johnson#30 overall - WR Derrick Mason#35 Overall - QB Trent Green#37 Overall - RB Tatum Bell#44 Overall - RB William Green

Despite taking RB/RB/RB, I still think you have the best WRs of any team.KFFL started ok, then killed their chances with the 2 TEs while ignoring receivers.
I think I have the best WRs too. And that is amazing after ignoring that position until the 4th round in a league that makes having good WRs a premium (Must start 3 each week)

Henry and Barber AFTER Rudi and Westbrook is OWNING the first three rounds before the 3rd even started.Coles and Moulds AFTER Willie Green, Lee Suggs, Heap, Duckett, Bell, and Derrick Mason is OWNING the 4th and 5th rounds before the 5th even started.Coles and Moulds have an excellent chance of getting more yardage and more TDs than every single one of those players.

FBGuys and FFIndex Reader are CLEARLY the strongest teams. Some others might be competitive, but some of these other guys need to brish up on FF 101.
despite the early QB selection, I like Redeye Sports' team too.

FBGuys and FFIndex Reader are CLEARLY the strongest teams.
The FFIndex looks pretty weak to me. Taking 3 QBs in your top 7 picks was a very bad strategy. Especially considering the 2 guys they got. Add in that their top WRs are I. Bruce & K. Johnson & your looking at a bad WR corp without much hope for huge bust-out type games. Williams & Faulk are nice at the bottom of the draft, but expecting Faulk to play all season & make up for that WR corps is asking way too much. As bad as their WRs are you would expect a nice deep set of RBs, but if Williams goes down the only option is C-Mart, and his lack of TDs really hurt his ability to be a solid starter.

FBGuys and FFIndex Reader are CLEARLY the strongest teams. Some others might be competitive, but some of these other guys need to brish up on FF 101.
Jerry Porter ws a HUGE reach and I think they have too many players that will need to perform on fewer touches to be considered anythign more than simply "competitive."Red Eye aint in the same class as FFGuys and FFIndex.

Good Job You did a great job drafting, Definitely right choice for your draft position. Only error I think was the Hambrick pick, both RBs Ant.Smith and J.Stewart went undrafted. I would have drafted both hoping one lands the starting job in Dallas, as many have speculated Parcells will pick up a back with experience.

The worst team IMO is team #12, sure everyone takes chances but way to many early ones taken.

Team 12 (Rotowire)

Randy Moss- injury to foot could create decline in big plays and TDs

Domanick Davis- little risky #1 RB

Marcel Shipp- real risky #2 RB

Tatum Bell- WOW in the 4th

Jeremy Shockey- way to early "sucker"

Justin McCareins- WR switching team could struggle

Justin Fargas- going with potential

Jeff Garcia- good pick

Jake Delhomme- good pick

David Givens- could outperform McCareins

Roy Williams- rookie wr

LaMont Jordan-

Larry Johnson- good pick if he had Holmes

Mike Vanderjagt- good pick

Maurice Morris- will see the field more than L.Johnson

A.J. Feeley- should have passed on this one

Antonio Bryant- good pick

Kurt Warner- does he still play

Giants D-

Brandon Manumaleuna- good pick

Niners D

Kris Brown

FBGuys and FFIndex Reader are CLEARLY the strongest teams.
The FFIndex looks pretty weak to me. Taking 3 QBs in your top 7 picks was a very bad strategy. Especially considering the 2 guys they got. Add in that their top WRs are I. Bruce & K. Johnson & your looking at a bad WR corp without much hope for huge bust-out type games. Williams & Faulk are nice at the bottom of the draft, but expecting Faulk to play all season & make up for that WR corps is asking way too much. As bad as their WRs are you would expect a nice deep set of RBs, but if Williams goes down the only option is C-Mart, and his lack of TDs really hurt his ability to be a solid starter.
I thought the 3-QB strategy was rather odd, too, but if you look at the team, it def. makes up for a lack of star WRs and is VERY competitive in this format of no starters, big plays, and overall points:QB: McNair/TGreen/Brad Johnson - should be top 5, if not top-2, every week in scoring from this spot.

RB: Faulk (backed up by Stephen Jackson) and Ricky Williams for the starters is an excellent scoring duo when you consider some of the other team's starting RB duos. I love Jackson behind Faulk to erase the hurt if Faulk is gone for more than a game or two. CuMar - with 6 TDs instead of the ungodly low 2 he scored last year, CuMar was a top-15 back last year - as your RB3, that is EXCELLENT value from the spot - and they were lucky to get CuMar after grabbing TGreen. I project 1) no injuries, and 2) 1500-1700 total yards from CuMar, add in 6 TDs and CuMar is an excellent RB3 to have behind Ricky and Faulk. I'd be ecstatic to have that three RB rotation in any redraft league, but especially in this format.

TE: Randy McMichael and Ricks are serviceable, but nothing more - should have spent that pick at WR instead of TE - probably the BradJohn pick should have been WR, too, but the final WR crew is good:

WR: Ike Bruce, Key Johnson, Ike Hilliard, Eddie Kenison, Johnnie Morton, Joey Galloway, Corey Bradford and Dane Looker. In a no-start league, this is a DEEP and COMPLETE selection of a lot of team's WR2. In fact, he has WR1/2 from the highly prolific KC passing game, WR 1/2 from Dallas passing game, and WR 2/3 from the prolific St Louis Rams passing game. I think the WRs are actually pretty good in a no starter format - especially with the KC Passing game connection, and when combined with the likely weekly high scores from the QB and RB spots.

The only problem I see is what you pointed out - the thin RB crew. Poor performances or prolonged injuries to 2 of the 3 RBs and he's hurting., especially with Bryson as the only remaining RB - but he has a nice 5-deep rotation of RBs - the handcuff of Jackson to Faulk was brilliant to pair wth Ricky and Cumar (who both probably won't miss any time)

Edit to add: I can understand criticizing this team, but to call it "pretty weak" needs something to back that up more than "catastrophic injuries to the RB starters will hurt" No duh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Antowain Smith (instead of Hambrick) would have been golden for me. Now that I have seen where everyone was taken, I think I could have ended up with a better team by getting Tom Brady / Plummer instead of Toomer (Toomer had great value, but I don't have a good 1st QB). I am still pleased on how this went. I know I did not take last on this...LOL

Here is the entire draft by round...

Round 1

LaDainian Tomlinson FBG

Priest Holmes KFFL

Ahman Green Coachbox

Deuce McAllister Red Eye Sports

Clinton Portis Fantasy GMs

Shaun Alexander 1st Place Software/fantasy Insights

Jamal Lewis Home Grown Sports

Marvin Harrison footballinjuries.com

Edgerrin James The Huddle

Kevan Barlow FF Champs

Ricky Williams FFIndex Reader

Randy Moss Rotowire

Round 2

Domanick Davis Rotowire

Marshall Faulk FFIndex Reader

Fred Taylor FF Champs

Torry Holt The Huddle

Corey Dillon footballinjuries.com

Stephen Davis Home Grown Sports

Daunte Culpepper 1st Place Software/fantasy Insights

Terrell Owens Fantasy GMs

Peyton Manning Red Eye Sports

Brian Westbrook Coachbox

Rudi Johnson KFFL

Travis Henry FBG

Round 3

Tiki Barber FBG

Michael Bennett KFFL

Hines Ward Coachbox

Chad Johnson Red Eye Sports

Michael Vick Fantasy GMs

Derrick Mason 1st Place Software/fantasy Insights

Donovan McNabb Home Grown Sports

Joe Horn footballinjuries.com

Julius Jones The Huddle

Kevin Jones FF Champs

Trent Green FFIndex Reader

Marcel Shipp Rotowire

Round 4

Tatum Bell Rotowire

Curtis Martin FFIndex Reader

T.J. Duckett FF Champs

Tony Gonzalez The Huddle

Thomas Jones footballinjuries.com

Lee Suggs Home Grown Sports

Duce Staley 1st Place Software/fantasy Insights

William Green Fantasy GMs

Charlie Garner Red Eye Sports

Matt Hasselbeck Coachbox

Todd Heap KFFL

Laveranues Coles FBG

Round 5

Eric Moulds FBG

Darrell Jackson KFFL

Anquan Boldin Coachbox

Santana Moss Red Eye Sports

Steve Smith Fantasy GMs

Chris Chambers 1st Place Software/fantasy Insights

Koren Robinson Home Grown Sports

Andre Johnson footballinjuries.com

Marc Bulger The Huddle

Keenan McCardell FF Champs

Steve McNair FFIndex Reader

Jeremy Shockey Rotowire

Round 6

Justin McCareins Rotowire

Isaac Bruce FFIndex Reader

Chad Pennington FF Champs

Eddie George The Huddle

Willis McGahee footballinjuries.com

Peerless Price Home Grown Sports

Garrison Hearst 1st Place Software/fantasy Insights

DeShaun Foster Fantasy GMs

Jerry Porter Red Eye Sports

Charles Rogers Coachbox

Aaron Brooks KFFL

Amani Toomer FBG

Round 7

Jimmy Smith FBG

Kellen Winslow, Jr. KFFL

Correll Buckhalter Coachbox

Plaxico Burress Red Eye Sports

Javon Walker Fantasy GMs

Rod Smith 1st Place Software/fantasy Insights

Chris Brown Home Grown Sports

Tom Brady footballinjuries.com

Brett Favre The Huddle

Ashley Lelie FF Champs

Brad Johnson FFIndex Reader

Justin Fargas Rotowire

Round 8

Jeff Garcia Rotowire

Steven Jackson FFIndex Reader

Jake Plummer FF Champs

Marty Booker The Huddle

Anthony Thomas footballinjuries.com

David Boston Home Grown Sports

Chris Perry 1st Place Software/fantasy Insights

Warrick Dunn Fantasy GMs

Onterrio Smith Red Eye Sports

Quentin Griffin Coachbox

Reggie Wayne KFFL

Mark Brunell FBG

Round 9

Byron Leftwich FBG

Larry Fitzgerald KFFL

Josh McCown Coachbox

Ravens D Red Eye Sports

Drew Bledsoe Fantasy GMs

Alge Crumpler 1st Place Software/fantasy Insights

Patriots D Home Grown Sports

Dallas Clark footballinjuries.com

Panthers D The Huddle

Drew Bennett FF Champs

Randy McMichael FFIndex Reader

Jake Delhomme Rotowire

Round 10

David Givens Rotowire

Keyshawn Johnson FFIndex Reader

Donte Stallworth FF Champs

Quincy Morgan The Huddle

Deion Branch footballinjuries.com

Andre Davis Home Grown Sports

Brandon Lloyd 1st Place Software/fantasy Insights

Bubba Franks Fantasy GMs

Eagles D Red Eye Sports

Carson Palmer Coachbox

Tommy Maddox KFFL

Peter Warrick FBG

Round 11

Joey Harrington FBG

Marcus Robinson KFFL

Freddie Jones Coachbox

David Carr Red Eye Sports

L.J. Smith Fantasy GMs

Rams D 1st Place Software/fantasy Insights

Rex Grossman Home Grown Sports

Greg Jones footballinjuries.com

Bucs D The Huddle

Donald Driver FF Champs

Ike Hilliard FFIndex Reader

Roy Williams Rotowire

Round 12

LaMont Jordan Rotowire

Eddie Kennison FFIndex Reader

Shannon Sharpe FF Champs

Tyrone Calico The Huddle

Kerry Collins footballinjuries.com

Jerry Rice Home Grown Sports

Eli Manning 1st Place Software/fantasy Insights

Kevin Johnson Fantasy GMs

Antonio Gates Red Eye Sports

Tony Hollings Coachbox

Robert Ferguson KFFL

Boo Williams FBG

Round 13

Reggie Williams FBG

Rich Gannon KFFL

Terry Glenn Coachbox

Jason Witten Red Eye Sports

Musa Smith Fantasy GMs

Tyrone Wheatley 1st Place Software/fantasy Insights

Daniel Graham Home Grown Sports

Rashaun Woods footballinjuries.com

Erron Kinney The Huddle

Dennis Northcutt FF Champs

Johnnie Morton FFIndex Reader

Larry Johnson Rotowire

Round 14

Mike Vanderjagt Rotowire

Joey Galloway FFIndex Reader

Jeff Wilkins FF Champs

Jason Elam The Huddle

Adam Vinatieri footballinjuries.com

Jerome Bettis Home Grown Sports

David Akers 1st Place Software/fantasy Insights

Tim Rattay Fantasy GMs

Moe Williams Red Eye Sports

Marcus Pollard Coachbox

Rod Gardner KFFL

Dolphins D FBG

Round 15

Ryan Longwell FBG

Mike Alstott KFFL

Itula Mili Coachbox

Lee Evans Red Eye Sports

Titans D Fantasy GMs

Jim Kleinsasser 1st Place Software/fantasy Insights

Cowboys D Home Grown Sports

Billy Miller footballinjuries.com

Amos Zereoue The Huddle

Jay Feely FF Champs

John Kasay FFIndex Reader

Maurice Morris Rotowire

Round 16

A.J. Feeley Rotowire

Broncos D FFIndex Reader

Josh Brown FF Champs

Muhsin Muhammad The Huddle

Raiders D footballinjuries.com

Matt Stover Home Grown Sports

Anthony Becht 1st Place Software/fantasy Insights

Joe Nedney Fantasy GMs

Martin Gramatica Red Eye Sports

Kelly Washington Coachbox

Vikings D KFFL

Travis Taylor FBG

Round 17

Desmond Clark FBG

John Carney KFFL

Bobby Engram Coachbox

Artose Pinner Red Eye Sports

Darius Watts Fantasy GMs

Troy Brown 1st Place Software/fantasy Insights

Michael Jenkins Home Grown Sports

Sebastian Janikowski footballinjuries.com

Cedric Cobbs The Huddle

Packers D FF Champs

Paul Edinger FFIndex Reader

Antonio Bryant Rotowire

Round 18

Kurt Warner Rotowire

Mikhael Ricks FFIndex Reader

Richie Anderson FF Champs

Gus Frerotte The Huddle

Jaguars D footballinjuries.com

Kyle Boller Home Grown Sports

Quincy Carter 1st Place Software/fantasy Insights

Seahawks D Fantasy GMs

Jamel White Red Eye Sports

John Hall Coachbox

Eric Parker KFFL

Troy Hambrick FBG

Round 19

Bills D FBG

Najeh Davenport KFFL

Doug Brien Coachbox

Josh Reed Red Eye Sports

Cedric Wilson Fantasy GMs

Chiefs D 1st Place Software/fantasy Insights

Todd Pinkston Home Grown Sports

Patrick Ramsey footballinjuries.com

Dominic Rhodes The Huddle

Steelers D FF Champs

Redskins D FFIndex Reader

Giants D Rotowire

Round 20

Brandon Manumaleuna Rotowire

Corey Bradford FFIndex Reader

Falcons D FF Champs

Aaron Elling The Huddle

Teyo Johnson footballinjuries.com

Ben Troupe Home Grown Sports

Morten Andersen 1st Place Software/fantasy Insights

Jason Hanson Fantasy GMs

Billy Cundiff Red Eye Sports

Colts D Coachbox

Joe Jurevicius KFFL

Kevin Faulk FBG

Round 21

Olindo Mare FBG

Jeff Reed KFFL

Bears D Coachbox

Chris Cooley Red Eye Sports

Jets D Fantasy GMs

Todd Peterson 1st Place Software/fantasy Insights

Shayne Graham Home Grown Sports

Ron Dayne footballinjuries.com

Brandon Stokley The Huddle

Jerramy Stevens FF Champs

Shawn Bryson FFIndex Reader

Niners D Rotowire

Round 22

Kris Brown Rotowire

Dane Looker FFIndex Reader

Philip Rivers FF Champs

Dante Hall The Huddle

Drew Henson footballinjuries.com

Jay Fiedler Home Grown Sports

Mike Anderson 1st Place Software/fantasy Insights

Chris Baker Fantasy GMs

Devery Henderson Red Eye Sports

Antwaan Randle-El Coachbox

Bengals D KFFL

Saints D FBG

:thumbup: Hey Musesboy, Thanks for converting all that info for us!!!!! I'm sure everyone appreciates it..... I know I do. Thanks again Dude!!!

:thumbup: Hey Musesboy, Thanks for converting all that info for us!!!!! I'm sure everyone appreciates it..... I know I do. Thanks again Dude!!!
You're welcome.I thought it would make the analysis easier :D

Yes - Very cool. Thanks a bunch. It will be interesting what some of these "experts" are going to say in the magazine.What was your strategy? - "Well now that I have looked at my team a bit, I am guessing I had no strategy"Whose team would you trade yours for? - "All of them look better at the moment"What will it take for you to win? - "Outside of divine intervention, I am going to need a lot of players on other teams to get hurt"

Last edited by a moderator:
Best value picks by round...1 Ricky Williams2 Travis Henry3 Marcel Shipp4 Curtis Martin5 Steve Smith6 Aaron Brooks7 Jimmy Smith8 David Boston9 Randy McMichael10 Keyshawn Johnson11 David Carr12 Boo Williams13 Rashaun Woods14 Rod Gardner15 John Kasay16 Travis Taylor17 Packers D18 Quincy Carter19 Dominic Rhodes 20 Kevin Faulk21 49ers D22 New Orleans D

:thumbup:   Hey Musesboy, Thanks for converting all that info for us!!!!! I'm sure everyone appreciates it..... I know I do. Thanks again Dude!!!
Yes - Very cool. Thanks a bunch. It will be interesting what some of these "experts" are going to say in the magazine.What was your strategy? - "Well now that I have looked at my team a bit, I am guessing I had no strategy"Whose team would you trade yours for? - "All of them look better at the moment"What will it take for you to win? - "Outside of divine intervention, I am going to need a lot of players on other teams to get hurt"
:rotflmao:

Antowain Smith (instead of Hambrick) would have been golden for me. Now that I have seen where everyone was taken, I think I could have ended up with a better team by getting Tom Brady / Plummer instead of Toomer (Toomer had great value, but I don't have a good 1st QB). I am still pleased on how this went. I know I did not take last on this...LOL
Agreed - Tom Brady, Plummer, or Garcia would have been better upgrades from Leftwich or Brunell, especailly when that opened you up to take Rod Gardner, Keyshaun Jonson, Deon Branch, or a host of other WRs who would probably be just as fine to go along with Coles, Moulds, and JSmith.I wonder how many times you will use Toomer as one of your three-wides versus the times you wish you had either Plummer, Brady or Garcia over Leftwich/Brunell.You can't complain, though since you did it "correctly" - you got three RBs and three wideouts, plus a backup wideout, before doing your QBBC.

When u have time, post all the team's players. Need to compare before deciding if u r gonna dominate or not.
Scroll through the last two pages of the thread.(I guess someone too short of time to type out "you" or "are" wouldn't have time to do that either, huh?)

I actually really like KFFL's team and think they had one of the top 3 drafts(along with Dodds and I think the #11 team although they're thin at RB). The two early TEs is a little bit strange but I really like their mid to late round WRs. They're not the type that will finish up the season high in the rankings but I could see almost each of them going off for some huge weeks.

I can understand criticizing this team, but to call it "pretty weak" needs something to back that up more than "catastrophic injuries to the RB starters will hurt" No duh.
No disrespect intended Marc, I was just suprised that anybody would pinpoint this team as a top contender. I think they really botched the middle rounds & if you look over the round by round list that was posted, I don't see how you could argue it. Taking 3 QBs in the top 7 rounds speak for itself. In a league like this loading up on QBs early is a flat out mistake. I could understand Green if you really like him (although it was a reach imo), but to continue & compound the mistake with McNair & B. Johnson is really below par. After a hot start, McNair really cooled in the second half of the season, & he has always been a spotty player. This group could possibly post top 5 numbers but they could also post much lower from week to week, but top 2 is a little unrealistic imo. A group of Garcia, Plummer & McCown would not be far below these 3 in this type league. Garcia & Plummer would both have weeks where they outplay all 3 of the Index's QBs. McNown is aa wildcard who could bebig considering how bad the Cards D will be. Difference is that those 3 were all had after the 7th round, when FF Index had already taken 3 QBs..

Suggesting injury problems with Faulk/Williams & C-Mart isn't really that unrealistic. Faulk & C-Mart are obviously on the downside of their careers. I was suprised to hear C-Mart was ranked 15th last year & went & checked my online leagues just to see if I had somehow overlooked his season. In my regular scoring leagues he ended up 18 & 19 th ranked just ahead of many part time players like Barlow/R. Johnson/ Pittman & A. Thomas. Still a nice #3 RB but on a week to week average, not someone you would want to rely on as the strength of your team. Best case for Faulk/Jackson would be a nice clean split of carries with Faulk starting 13 or so games & Jackson getting the 3 he missed with injury. A more likely case would be Martz spelling Faulk occasionally to get Jackson ready for a year or 2 down the line & hurting Faulk's numbers on a weekly bases. Either way, Faulks declining as a player & went about where he should have.

TEs are blah. Ricks is one of the few guys who could actually bust out 3 or 4 weeks a year & outscore his starter on occasion.

The WRs are a terrible group. Bruce was a servicable #2 last year but there were still plenty of weeks with 60 yards & 0 TDs. As a number 1, that is deadly. Looker will probably hurt him more this year & you could see countless weeks of Bruce with 55 yards & Looker with 45. Keshawn, Hilliard, Galloway, Bradford, Kennison & Morton are also prime candidates to put up anywhere from 40 to 60 yards in 3 out of every four weeks. The #1 & 2 Wr in the prolific KC passing attack sounds great on paper, until you realize that they are options # 3 & 4 in that passing attack. That is if Hall doesn't steal one of their jobs all together. Dallas #1 & 2 options? I'm not sure Johnson is any better than Glenn or Bryant, and Galloway is in a 4 WR rotation over in Tampa this year. This is a deep set of average Wrs that has very little explosive upside. There will be multiple weeks in the season when a Harrison, Moss or Holt will outscore this teams 3 starters by themselves.

The only magazine I buy every year is the FF Index & I really like Ian's opinions on a week to week basis when he replies to readers on the site. Truthfully, I thought I was being kind when I called it "pretty weak". I will say, if Faulk, Williams & C-Mart all three improve on their last seasons then this team could be in the mix. If Faulk & C-Mart continue their decline then this team is in the bottom half of the league. Again, no disrespect intended, but after their early round 2 pick, there wasn't much good to talk about on this team. Hope that's in depth enough for you.

Nicely done - just a couple points:1) Re: CuMar top-15, I said that with afew more TDs above the measley 2 he scored in 2003, he would have been top-15. He was #18 in my performance based league. And, if you check out the numbers, he had a string of 100 total yards games the last 6-8 weeks, that is a RB2 with consistent performance. You may want to reexamine CuMar's performance before dismissing his 2003 numbers. The lack of TDs was glaringly bad, and depressed his numbers, but he'd have ended as the best RB2 to have with 30 more points (5 more TDs = 7 on the year).2) Suggesting injury to Faulk is like predicting sun in the summertime, but CuMar hasn't missed a game in several years, despite suffering some horrific injuries - and Ricky has been a stone, too, playing through injuries. There is of course RISK for any back, but Ricky and Cumar are on the safer side for missing games - as in, they don't miss any and they play through pain. We are in radical disagreement on the RB sitch for this team. Faulk's numbers are unlikely to be hurt tremendously by the presence of SJax, especially if this is retirement year, as we kind of expect it to be.3) I actually agree that the team didn't have a good DRAFT - and that it screwed up in a few places. but I think they ended with a very good TEAM. We both agree they should have spent either or both of the McMichael and BradJohn pick on better WRs, but I still don't hate what they ended with at the WR position, or have a problem with the WR/QB/RB team they will field on a weekly basis in a no-starter type of league.4) You def. make the mistake of counting WRs as 1-2-3. That is NOT how it is done in this format. There will be around 200 yards and 2-4 TDs out of the best three from this group each and every week of the year. Is it a strong crew? No. Does it work when picking starters? HELL no. But, this group works perfectly fine when you don't have to pick starters. heck, I will bet you right now that one week of the year, even Corey Bradford will be included in the count of the top-3, and that will be the one week he gets 160 yards on three catches and 2 TDs. I don't have anywhere near the lack of confidence in this crew as you do. Would I like to see another star there? Sure, but given the depth of the crew at a similar WR2 level of talent, it should work in combinatin with the exceptional scoring I anticipate on a weekly basis from the QB/RB spots. Remember, this is overall points through the entire year with no roster management - your arguments about WR 1, 2, 3 is fairly meaningless in this format - these guys took the shotgun approach late - similar to the way Dodds is taking the shotgun approach with late drafted QBs. Only need 3 of these 7 to have a semi-decent week and that is sufficient to support the very strong RB and QB crew.Where we diverge isn't so much the WRs, as much as you don't acknowledge the quality of the RB/QB crew - I see the RB/QB crew on this team as one of the two ofr three best in the league, and given the "big play" emphasis and overall scoring requirement to win the league, I think putting up 2 top-10 RB scores and a top-5 QB score every single week will take this team pretty far.

Interesting format. Seems to me that in a no-start league like this, one strategy should be taking several very late TE's. If in rounds 17-18-19 you take your only three TE's (guys like Billy Miller), you should have three 3-TD TE's. If you assume that in any given game each TE has a (3/16) chance of scoring a TD, the odds of having a TD in any given game from at least one TE is 1 - (1 - 3/16)^3 = 46%, or 7.5 TD's over the season. Those are Gonzo-like numbers, and although your yards probably won't be Gonzo-like, that's still pretty good value for three late-rounders. Intuitively, I think that strategy works best for positions with a high standard deviation (and unpredictability) for weekly scores (like TE or DEF).

Interesting format. Seems to me that in a no-start league like this, one strategy should be taking several very late TE's. If in rounds 17-18-19 you take your only three TE's (guys like Billy Miller), you should have three 3-TD TE's. If you assume that in any given game each TE has a (3/16) chance of scoring a TD, the odds of having a TD in any given game from at least one TE is 1 - (1 - 3/16)^3 = 46%, or 7.5 TD's over the season. Those are Gonzo-like numbers, and although your yards probably won't be Gonzo-like, that's still pretty good value for three late-rounders. Intuitively, I think that strategy works best for positions with a high standard deviation (and unpredictability) for weekly scores (like TE or DEF).
Umm, I was told there would be no MATH in this quiz?!?Yes - ardethan, I think you are 100% correct. In this format, it makes little sense to forego a decent starter at WR or RB for a TE unless that TE's name is Tony Gonzales. The risk versus the reward just isnt there in a total points/no starter league.

Just over half of the teams went for the QB/WR link up, although some were with lesser receivers on the team.One team that was really into that strategy ended up being team 11, FF Index Reader.They were the last team to take a WR (Round 6) and also took 3 QBs by Round 7 :wacko: What they did do though was to link 3 of their WRs to one of their QBs.Trent Green can hook up with Kennison or Morton, while Brad Johnson has Galloway.The KC receivers are notoriously hard to predict, but this was a novel way of getting some value from them.I still don't like their overall strategy, but it will be interesting to see how this pans out for them.

Barlow and D.Davis drafted before Taylor. :unsure:
Yeah, I can't understand that with the personnel they have lost in SF.Someone bought me a 49ers calendar and 4 of the 5 players for Jan through May have already left the team. Streets, Stone, Young and Owens.If Barlow had been the sole starter two years ago, I would have been much higher on him. The way the 49ers are going makes me think that they will be forced to the air often this season and Barlow's numbers could take a hit.

Team 3 (Coachbox)Ahman Green - solid RB1Brian Westbrook - not bad RB2 for a late 2nd pickHines Ward - top of the second tier of receiversMatt Hasselbeck - one of the best QBs in the league last year, if Koren plays up to potentials, could be huge.Anquan Boldin - I don't like him, but he's a decent WR value in the 5th.Charles Rogers - Could be huge with someone to draw coverage awayCorrell Buckhalter - Nice backup/RBBC guyQuentin Griffin - Good upside RB. Josh McCown - Has the targets, the coach, and the O line... just needs the talentCarson Palmer - #1 pick overall last year should be good, especially later in the year if he can hang on to the jobFreddie Jones - High upside TETony Hollings - Was supposed to be Domanick Davis. Maybe he will be. Terry Glenn - Should have a few startable gamesMarcus Pollard - Peyton.Itula Mili - Hass.Kelly Washington - Former first pick has one of the higher upsides among WR3s, but maybe too earlyBobby Engram - Should have been a DJohn Hall - kickerDoug Brien - kickerColts D - DungificationBears D - Last pickAntwaan Randle-El

i am way high on brunell. we will see i guess
David - first off - thanks for sharing the draft. I read the thread this am - entertaining stuff for May!Now the shot - IF you're 'way high' on Brunell, why do you and Joe have him 20th on your 'expert rankings' QB Board? Are your rankings real or just a list of players at each position? There was a time when you or Joe (cheatsheets.net?)would take flyers like that. What happened?

If Hambrick has a couple of good games for your team, it will be a good pick that late.

Someone bought me a 49ers calendar and 4 of the 5 players for Jan through May have already left the team. Streets, Stone, Young and Owens.
Man I hope you meant Garcia or that Calender was a few years old. LOL

If Hambrick has a couple of good games for your team, it will be a good pick that late.

Someone bought me a 49ers calendar and 4 of the 5 players for Jan through May have already left the team. Streets, Stone, Young and Owens.
Man I hope you meant Garcia or that Calender was a few years old. LOL
Bryant Young I bet Garcia will be in there somewhere though.

Kelly Washington - Former first pick has one of the higher upsides among WR3s, but maybe too early
Not sure what you mean by this, but FWIW Kelley was drafted in the third round of the NFL draft, I think 3.01

Hambrick looks like an inspired pick now he's a Raider :thumbup:
If Hambrick does indeed win the starting job in Oakland, my team looks very solid:Team 1 (Footballguys)QBs (start 1): Mark Brunell, Byron Leftwich, and Joey HarringtonRBs (start 2): LaDainian Tomlinson, Travis Henry, Tiki Barber, Troy Hambrick, Kevin FaulkWRs (start 3): Laveranues Coles, Eric Moulds, Amani Toomer, Jimmy Smith, Peter Warrick, Reggie Williams, Travis TaylorTEs (start 1): Boo Williams, Desmond ClarkPKs (start 1): Ryan Longwell, Olindo MareDefs (start 1): Dolphins, Bills, Saints

Hambrick looks like an inspired pick now he's a Raider :thumbup:
If Hambrick does indeed win the starting job in Oakland, my team looks very solid:Team 1 (Footballguys)QBs (start 1): Mark Brunell, Byron Leftwich, and Joey HarringtonRBs (start 2): LaDainian Tomlinson, Travis Henry, Tiki Barber, Troy Hambrick, Kevin FaulkWRs (start 3): Laveranues Coles, Eric Moulds, Amani Toomer, Jimmy Smith, Peter Warrick, Reggie Williams, Travis TaylorTEs (start 1): Boo Williams, Desmond ClarkPKs (start 1): Ryan Longwell, Olindo MareDefs (start 1): Dolphins, Bills, Saints
Dodds - Hambrick could choke to death sucking on the backside of a baboon and your team would still look very solid. If he becomes the feature in Oakland, it's just gravy.

Great draft DD. Please drop the "LOL" as it doesn't seem appropriate for a FF master. I would expect the wizard behind the curtain to have a better vocabulary.

I'd be a little concerned with your QBs. Otherwise, I'd say A+ on the drafting. Given that you waited until that round--which is exactly what I would've done--those are good value with upside picks. If you could trade in this league you'd have no problem at all. I like the idea of drafting a bunch of defenses....especially in a non-management format. I don't know if they're your buddies or not, but I don't understand how KFFL tries to compete with other services when they keep giving out bum advice and drafting lousy teams.I don't really feel that FFChamps drafted that well this year and I feel they usually do. I think they have a lot of stretches and upside, but it could be anywhere from last to first. I think they pride themselves on being able to pick the sleeper WRs and hence draft other positions accordingly. KMac is their WR1? One year, over-the-hill wonder.You will never get any points from Travis Taylor....LOL.IMO, the teams that drafted QB or TE early have glaring holes in their starting lineups. So much value at these positions later on that I can't fathom drafting that high.I liked your strategy ALOT. I guess everyone does. It's my strategy to a tee.Should be a cakewalk for the FBG team. Good job. What's the grand prize?

It is just a pride draft. They will score it though and the results will appear in the following year's magazine.Although I am pleased with my team, it would have been stronger if I had drafted a QB in round 7 (Brady).

Well done, I am amazed that you were able to assemble such depth. You are weakest at QB, but one will definitely emerge, and you picked three guys that could all be well suited to put up decent numbers and you only need one to pan out. I'd take this squad in a heartbeat.

FBGuys and FFIndex Reader are CLEARLY the strongest teams.  Some others might be competitive, but some of these other guys need to brish up on FF 101.
Jerry Porter ws a HUGE reach and I think they have too many players that will need to perform on fewer touches to be considered anythign more than simply "competitive."Red Eye aint in the same class as FFGuys and FFIndex.
http://football16.myfantasyleague.com/2004/home/78446I guess that's why they play the games.. I'll still never understand why leagues like this use a best ball as opposed to total points, but it's interesting to look back and see where the supposed "strongest" teams sit after 13 weeks.It's not over, but it's heating up..

Users who are viewing this thread