What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Fantasy Hockey 2018-2019 (1 Viewer)

thanks for running again, Rud.

when you paypal me, please let me buy your playoff pool entry for your efforts in dealing with all of us chodes.

also will accept payment in form of soft pretzels.

Looked back at history of this league in Yahoo:

2005: SofaKings
2006: Rudnicki
2007: Rudnicki
2008: Brasky
2009: Rudnicki
2010: Brasky
2011: BOCA
2012: SofaKings
2013: cherry's kids
2014: Brasky
2015: Buffalo Lightsabres
2016: Getzlaf
2017: Rudnicki
2018: Brasky

Brasky and I now tied with 4 titles each, but I have just 1 in last 9 years.

Has Cav played every year? Asking for a friend.  

you didn't create my alias until 2007 (Fourth Liners team name that year for one season) so I didn't yet exist in 2005 and 2006.  I don't recognize those titles so technically I'm up 4-3. 

just a little motivation for you for next year.

Top-5 over last 3 years:

2018: 1. Brasky; 2. Rudnicki; 3. EStreet; 4. Thorn; 5. RnR
2017: 1. Rudnicki; 2. Brasky; 3. dino259; 4. NorthernVoice; 5 Getzlaf
2016: 1. Getzlaf; 2. Thorn; 3. Brasky; 4. Rudnicki; 5. NorthernVoice

:(  Just missed a third straight top five finish. Given how far back I was in all the goaltending categories early on, I'll actually take 6th this season.

thanks for running again, Rud.

when you paypal me, please let me buy your playoff pool entry for your efforts in dealing with all of us chodes.

also will accept payment in form of soft pretzels.
sent you an even $200. took out $30 for your playoff pool entry and $10 towards playoff pool host site fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hockey guys, I have to declare my three keepers already (My commish likes them quickly)

It's a 10 team H2H points league where you start any 6 Forwards, 4 D, 2 Goalies, with 6 bench spots.  I pick 10th overall.

D-men get a bump with Goals and Assists.  Basically G,A,+/-, PPG, W,S,GA  (wins are 3, saves +0.2)  -1 GA

Keep forever:

McDavid -  (287 pts last year) Skater #4 overall  (Kuch 336, Giordano 306, Burns 303)

Mackinnon (271 pts)  (#9 overall last year)  (Draisatl, Morgan Reilly, Kane, Point)

Eichel (189 last year) but keeping him would make me set at Forward with 3 studs

Carey Price (322.2)  Goalie #2 last year)

Hellebuyck (312.4) Goalie #4 last year)

Bishop (268.2) Goalie #12 last year

I don't really have any D-men (Seth Jones (157), Dougie Hamilton (155), Pulock (153), Muzzin (151)  (20th-26tth D last season likely will stock up week to week on the guys who play 4x a week. 

@E Street Brat @Chemical X @Aaron Rudnicki @Getzlaf15 @Bill Brasky @kupcho1 @Doctor Detroit @Northern Voice @mozzy84

For me it's the three forwards pretty easily. 10 team league you don't need to keep a goalie.

There a case for Jones v. Eichel but even with the D bonuses, I wouldn't do it.

For me it's the three forwards pretty easily. 10 team league you don't need to keep a goalie.

There a case for Jones v. Eichel but even with the D bonuses, I wouldn't do it.
That's what I'm leaning but I'd guess 8-10 goalies will already be kept.  I also anticipate all 3 of my goalies being taken before my pick at 10.

Yahoo has launched Fantasy Hockey for 2019-20 FYI.

I have a keeper league too. My team here was one I took over and had to rebuild, I think it's there now though and I can just go for it. 

Keep 6 - Hall, Draisaitl, Rantanen, Aho, Larkin, Connor, Subban, Hamilton, Hart, Lehner, Kuemper. 

CBS is projecting Kuemper as the #10 overall player this year :lol: , I think maybe they haven't updated and that's where he finished last year...

Anyway, I'm leaning towards the 5 bolded and likely Larkin as the 6th. Connor has a case since he's a winger and we only start 2C, 4W, 4D, 1G in this pool... which also means maybe I should follow my own advice from above and throw Hart back. Subban is a consideration with the revamped NJ offense.

Ok, here's one for you @Bill Brasky @Aaron Rudnicki

In an 18 team season long total points league that starts 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1 rookie, 1G... how high do you take Kaako or Hughes (and maybe Makar)? I think they become like Ertz and Kelce in fantasy football. I can probably make a case for them being first round picks but must take by late 2nd early 3rd, right?

Ok, here's one for you @Bill Brasky @Aaron Rudnicki

In an 18 team season long total points league that starts 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1 rookie, 1G... how high do you take Kaako or Hughes (and maybe Makar)? I think they become like Ertz and Kelce in fantasy football. I can probably make a case for them being first round picks but must take by late 2nd early 3rd, right?
with 18 teams I'd punt on rookie and find one late assuming this is redraft.  unless you really think Kaako or Hughes is cracking 60 this year then maybe it's worth it.  Makar seems like the better option to take early because it also fills a D spot and he's older/further along in development...plus you wouldn't have to use a 1st.  probably better off trying to find a 30 point guy late and making the gap up with proven players with upside.

with 18 teams I'd punt on rookie and find one late assuming this is redraft.  unless you really think Kaako or Hughes is cracking 60 this year then maybe it's worth it.  Makar seems like the better option to take early because it also fills a D spot and he's older/further along in development...plus you wouldn't have to use a 1st.  probably better off trying to find a 30 point guy late and making the gap up with proven players with upside.
Plus ... he's Makar! :wub:

agree.  I would have kept Jones over Eichel if the team didn't just melt around him.
Hi @Bill Brasky and @Northern Voice  I ended up keeping all 3 forwards. Start 6, 4 D, 2G points league D bonus for G and PPG. Goalie wins are 3 with 1 loser point    

i pick back to back 10/11. (7 goalies were kept Do I have to take 1 at 4.10 and 5.1? 

I feel like I’ll wait on FWD awhile but here’s best available. Where should I target first 4 picks? Lock up 2 goalies, 2 D?  30-35 Goalies will be owned.  

Hedman  (230 projected) on Roto (CBS 165 so hes loser in draft room) he’ll likely be gone as 9 of these names will come off  

Helly (331)

Josi (215)

Price (325)

Klingberg (213)

Panarin (233)

Dumba (208)

Tavares (230)

Draisatl (226) Pair with McDavid???

Ovy (225)

Barrie (200)

Grubaurer (310)

Seth Jones (199)

Gibson (306)

Giodarno (195)

Austin Matthews (216)

Dubynk (302)

Subban (189)

Seguin (208)

Dahlin (182)

Hi @Bill Brasky and @Northern Voice  I ended up keeping all 3 forwards. Start 6, 4 D, 2G points league D bonus for G and PPG. Goalie wins are 3 with 1 loser point    

i pick back to back 10/11. (7 goalies were kept Do I have to take 1 at 4.10 and 5.1? 

I feel like I’ll wait on FWD awhile but here’s best available. Where should I target first 4 picks? Lock up 2 goalies, 2 D?  30-35 Goalies will be owned.  

Hedman  (230 projected) on Roto (CBS 165 so hes loser in draft room) he’ll likely be gone as 9 of these names will come off  
Do people usually take their 2nd goalie early? I don't see much difference between the 7th and 16th best goalie myself, so I would wait if people wait on their 2nd goalie.

Just 6 forwards? not broken down C/W or C/LW/RW? - if so I agree probably wait there and grab a couple top D early.

Yeah it's 20 teams now... the rookie doesn't fill a spot it actually is it's own spot (a UT spot in Yahoo that must have a rookie in it). I've gone back and forth. I think it's either grab a top 3 guy or punt til the end. With 20 teams, the draft may dictate it anyway.

Do people usually take their 2nd goalie early? I don't see much difference between the 7th and 16th best goalie myself, so I would wait if people wait on their 2nd goalie.

Just 6 forwards? not broken down C/W or C/LW/RW? - if so I agree probably wait there and grab a couple top D early.
People normally gobble them up. I’d bet if I pass on one at the turn I’ll be looking at 15-20th goalie next round.  I’ll have to go back and check last year. 

Yes any 6 Forwards no position requirement so plan on waiting.  D seems the way to go. I wonder if people are over looking Dumba. The app I use wants me to take him at the turn but the CBS draft room has him soooo far down. 

I agree on goalie, plus I prefer anyway to have one dependable goaler and then plug in the rest/take shots with younger or good opportunity guys.  with only 10 teams you could probably get away with platooning both spots and with what is available I would maybe try that or at least wait as long as you can...looks like you only really need volume guys based on scoring and you should be fine.

I would take best D available and hope one of Draisatl/Matthews/Tavares/Panarin is available and if not take two D.

I hate that with so few scoring cats one of them is +/-. 

People normally gobble them up. I’d bet if I pass on one at the turn I’ll be looking at 15-20th goalie next round.  I’ll have to go back and check last year. 

Yes any 6 Forwards no position requirement so plan on waiting.  D seems the way to go. I wonder if people are over looking Dumba. The app I use wants me to take him at the turn but the CBS draft room has him soooo far down. 
Hi ... I can relate. This never works out well in the FFA draft.

That's all I have for now. 

I agree on goalie, plus I prefer anyway to have one dependable goaler and then plug in the rest/take shots with younger or good opportunity guys.  with only 10 teams you could probably get away with platooning both spots and with what is available I would maybe try that or at least wait as long as you can...looks like you only really need volume guys based on scoring and you should be fine.

I would take best D available and hope one of Draisatl/Matthews/Tavares/Panarin is available and if not take two D.

I hate that with so few scoring cats one of them is +/-. 
Agree it’s points for which killed Eichel with the +\-   PPG and DG and Wins are the biggies.  

Maybe could get some advice in here....for dynasty leagues, are there any rookies (or very young inexperienced players) you MUST get your hands on outside of Hughes, Kakko, Gusev, and Makar?  Having a hard time deciding if I want to go young with some spots towards the back end of my 30-man or just take a 40-50pt vet.

Maybe could get some advice in here....for dynasty leagues, are there any rookies (or very young inexperienced players) you MUST get your hands on outside of Hughes, Kakko, Gusev, and Makar?  Having a hard time deciding if I want to go young with some spots towards the back end of my 30-man or just take a 40-50pt vet.
rangers have sheshterkin, kravtsov and adam fox.

The other Hughes. Other than that just watch training camps for guys who may get a top 6 or top 9 with PP time spot. Nick Suzuki, Cody Glass, Evan Bouchard, Victor Olofsson are guys I'm watching that kind of fit that profile.

Ok guys how’d I do? Casual work league 10 team point league.  G,A,PPG, +\- all that matter. D get extra for goals and assists.  

6F,4D,2G, 6 bench 

3 player keeper 

(McDavid) Keeper

(Mackinnon) Keeper

(Eichel) Keeper

4.10 - Klinberg

5.1 - Barrie

6.10 Carey Price

7.1 Chabot 

8.10 John Gibson

9.1 Dubnyk (lineups lock Monday’s so grabbed extra goalie to play whoever plays more that week)

10.10 Ardvisson

11.1 Jamie Benn

12.10 Teravainen 

13.10 Dougie Hamilton 

14.10 Zach Werenski

15.10 Esa Lindell

16.1 Phil Kessel 

17.10 Pierre Luc Dubois 

18.10. Trocheck 

Gottabesweet said:
Ok guys how’d I do? Casual work league 10 team point league.  G,A,PPG, +\- all that matter. D get extra for goals and assists.  

6F,4D,2G, 6 bench 

3 player keeper 

(McDavid) Keeper

(Mackinnon) Keeper

(Eichel) Keeper

4.10 - Klinberg

5.1 - Barrie

6.10 Carey Price

7.1 Chabot 

8.10 John Gibson

9.1 Dubnyk (lineups lock Monday’s so grabbed extra goalie to play whoever plays more that week)

10.10 Ardvisson

11.1 Jamie Benn

12.10 Teravainen 

13.10 Dougie Hamilton 

14.10 Zach Werenski

15.10 Esa Lindell

16.1 Phil Kessel 

17.10 Pierre Luc Dubois 

18.10. Trocheck 
No Coyle?

2/10

Users who are viewing this thread