What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Fantasy Hockey 2019-2020 . *** Brasky to last as predicted *** (1 Viewer)

Feel bad for Cav, although it could have been worse. If Cav wants to bail, I'll buy/manage the team.

only 13 teams was weird.  way too many players available.  still got sniped several times by NoVo, Rud and EStreet though.  Rantanen, Gostisbehere, Varly, Provorov, and Nino were all notably annoying.  pretty sure I'll still win though

Last edited by a moderator:
My dog died this afternoon. I was/am #### faced, doing it on my phone with my wife crying on my shoulder most of the time, it was nice to have a distraction though, even if I was distracted from the distraction .

Still I think it's a decent squad. If I somehow win, what do I do before next year's draft :oldunsure:

My dog died this afternoon. I was/am #### faced, doing it on my phone with my wife crying on my shoulder most of the time, it was nice to have a distraction though, even if I was distracted from the distraction .

Still I think it's a decent squad. If I somehow win, what do I do before next year's draft :oldunsure:
damn dude. sorry for your loss. win it for the pup!

felt like i had to chase hits and blocks late as usual.  got sniped a couple of times and yahoo isn’t great for adjusting on the fly.  i had korpisalo and hutton queued up late, but didn’t pull the trigger, wound up with mr jimmy howard as a filler.  i went defence too early, with 13 guys there were plenty of decent dmen late.  i figure i’ll be bottom 3, if lucky.

only 13 teams was weird.  way too many players available.  still got sniped several times by NoVo, Rud and EStreet though.  Rantanen, Gostisbehere, Varly, Provorov, and Nino were all notably annoying.  pretty sure I'll still win though
forgot about cjw somehow taking Billy Nylander at the turn right in front of me.  that was dumb too.  my team is still unbeatable though. 

chodes.

I should probably get a backup defenseman at some point, no? Can I play Makar in two different D spots?

That's what happens when I end up chasing goalers (shocker!) and draft five of them. Hopefully one actually starts most of the season.

If I have the 1st pick and auto draft, how do I end up with the 2nd ranked player?  Don't even get me started on Klas Dalhbeck.  What is up with 27% people owning him?

If I have the 1st pick and auto draft, how do I end up with the 2nd ranked player?  Don't even get me started on Klas Dalhbeck.  What is up with 27% people owning him?
I could be wrong, but i think Jimmy had the ability to pre-rank players before the draft started? Once the draft was underway, he lost all powers. 

MrJimmy said he ranked about 50 or 60 guys prior to the draft starting. With Hits included, it's tough to top Ovechkin. Did you prefer Kucherov or McDavid?

Pretty sure he was setting that up as a reference and planned to make the selections himself when you were on the clock. Once the draft kicked off, he found out that co-owners couldn't actually make draft picks in a live draft AND it wouldn't let him update the rankings anymore.

There are always weird rankings in Yahoo. Martin Marincin for example is always highly ranked for some reason. I don't know why/how they rank/project some guys where they do but fortunately those are clear outliers and in general their rankings/projections are much better than they used to be.

And Matthews is on pace to score 164 goals. Speaking of which, quite the feed from Marner on the PP goal.
Cav, on partner changed, only ranked 50 players draft list will finish ahead of Brasky.  

Brasky failed to draft Burabrasky,  thus guaranteeing a double digit finish. 

Aaron Rudnicki said:
MrJimmy said he ranked about 50 or 60 guys prior to the draft starting. With Hits included, it's tough to top Ovechkin. Did you prefer Kucherov or McDavid?

Pretty sure he was setting that up as a reference and planned to make the selections himself when you were on the clock. Once the draft kicked off, he found out that co-owners couldn't actually make draft picks in a live draft AND it wouldn't let him update the rankings anymore.

There are always weird rankings in Yahoo. Martin Marincin for example is always highly ranked for some reason. I don't know why/how they rank/project some guys where they do but fortunately those are clear outliers and in general their rankings/projections are much better than they used to be.
I probably would have went Aho.

McDavid

Aaron Rudnicki said:

This is exactly what happened. I wanted Ovi first. Then I just moved some players up and down based on your league settings. But that was just as a reference for me. I was expecting to make adjustments as the draft developed (for instance, I would have definitely taken two goalies at 26/27 or whatever that first turn was.)

remember, ruud can only pause the draft, with no other real powers.  reminds me of that american dad when they all got superpowers but meg could only grow and shrink her fingernails.

as I went back to check on my PayPal account, I only see record of two teams submitting payment there.

So, I'm guessing I didn't do a very good job of collecting money for this league.

Final standings:

1. Old Tyme Hockey
2. Thorn
3. Cav
4. Me

I'll probably just go ahead and pay people and we can settle up later.

and congrats to @Cjw_55106 for his unusual strategy that totally paid off thanks to a global pandemic.

image.png

if anyone wants to send over their dues, please do

arudnicki@yahoo.com

otherwise, you can do it with the upcoming playoff pool (which should be a total clusterf)

as I went back to check on my PayPal account, I only see record of two teams submitting payment there.

So, I'm guessing I didn't do a very good job of collecting money for this league.

Final standings:

1. Old Tyme Hockey
2. Thorn
3. Cav
4. Me

I'll probably just go ahead and pay people and we can settle up later.

and congrats to @Cjw_55106 for his unusual strategy that totally paid off thanks to a global pandemic.

View attachment 2910
I was obviously going to make a push and take this easily in the final month.  that much we can all agree on.

Users who are viewing this thread