What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Food and Drink Draft - Signup Now (1 Viewer)

Northern Voice

Footballguy
Don't know if we've done this before but with all the restaurant, BBQ, fast food and alcohol topics, seems like it might be a good one. Hoping to do about 20 rounds with defined categories to promote scarcity. 

Initial thought is:

1 breakfast main dish

1 breakfast side

1 breakfast beverage (or hot beverage?)

2 lunch/dinner main dishes

4 lunch/dinner side dishes

2 alcoholic beverages (allow for beer and mixed drinks)

2 non alcoholic beverages

2 desserts

2 "snacks"

1 fast food main

1 fast food side

1 sauce or condiment

I'm open to suggestions to add and change as well, this is just a starting point. 

We would have to work out what to do with specific food/meal at a restaurant (which I think could be eligible) and what that means for generic/similar versions. 

Obviously in some places specificity is good, you wouldn't want to just draft "beer" you'd want to say what type/style/brand. 

On the other hand, if you want to take the homemade biscuits your Gramma used to make, sure you can but most people won't have context for it. 

If I draft a rib-eye steak, is filet mignon still on the board?

If chicken Parm is selected, is a chicken Parm sandwich eligible?

We'll probably leave it wide open and ridicule anyone who goes to close to selecting something already picked. 

There won't be a winner/judges at the end, the judgment and discussion will be made in real time

Last edited by a moderator:
Could you consider "Candy" as a "Snack" or a "Dessert?"

Trying to decide if I want to join. I have failed on my last couple drafts because of being busy. Especially with summer rapidly approaching. However, this would not deserve as much thought as a music draft.

Another thought is that if you are posting something that isn't a store or restaurant item, that you post a recipe (if possible). Might be a fun way for folks to learn some new recipes.

I am in for this one.

Would adding categories for international cuisine (non-US & Canada) get us too far into the weeds? Maybe categories to cover a few of the major world cuisines - Best Chinese/Japanese/French/Italian/Indian/Mexican dish? Could add more.

Another thought is that if you are posting something that isn't a store or restaurant item, that you post a recipe (if possible). Might be a fun way for folks to learn some new recipes.
All my recipes are "ask my wife to make it". She's a great cook and I am certainly not. Which makes me more of a Frank than a Dean.

and yes I know that is a hoax but it captures their spirit so who cares

additional category suggestions:

- instant pot/slow cooker favorite

- Holiday main dish - side dish - dessert

- Ethnic main dish - side dish - dessert

I leave for a trip in about what is effectively next Friday, so I'd be out of order.

I am, sad to say...out. 

Users who are viewing this thread