What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA In Death Spiral? (1 Viewer)

Higgs> Did you read the sub-heading on the first page? 

The forum for all non-NFL topics. Most things go, but keep it clean. Be excellent to each other. And please don't whine.

TIA.

Everything has been done multiple times at this point. Somebody started a music thread last week asking for best _____ (whatever) songs. It was like the 5th time that exact thread has been done. We've discussed everything already.

You can doubt me all you want.  Truth is - been a lurker in the FFA and Shark Pool forever.  My user ID was always for the site content and only changed when I moved last year.  Never had an alias either.  Nor do I have any now.  How many others can say that?  
I have never posted on this board under anything besides this user handle, so I can say that.

You went from a lurker to 2,500 posts in 3 months. That is on pace for 10k a year. To put that in context, Tim averages 12,500 a year. I'm just not buying this lurker story.

:lmao:    Classics that will never get old..
We can have classics again you know.  HellToupee and SIDA's Trump thread was just about the best performance art I've seen in any forum.  Classic, great stuff.  Losing SIDA was a big blow to this place.  One of the reasons I've been so obnoxious the past couple weeks.  Very frustrating to see such a great poster get run out of town, mainly for his political beliefs.

Using my Samsung Galaxy S4 and I can delete all the text but not the quote box.
Click in the space next to where it says "27 minutes ago, shadyridr said:".  It should highlight the whole box and you should see a little "plus" icon in the top left.  Just click the backspace on your keyboard and it will all go away.  

We can have classics again you know.  HellToupee and SIDA's Trump thread was just about the best performance art I've seen in any forum.  Classic, great stuff.  Losing SIDA was a big blow to this place.  One of the reasons I've been so obnoxious the past couple weeks.  Very frustrating to see such a great poster get run out of town, mainly for his political beliefs.
He will be back, if he isn't already under another alias. He was fucla and like all previously banned posters can't stay away from this place - they have to return to enlighten us with their viewpoint. :hophead:

Higgs> Did you read the sub-heading on the first page? 

The forum for all non-NFL topics. Most things go, but keep it clean. Be excellent to each other. And please don't whine.

TIA.
Yeah, you know Cliff - this has clearly been an issue with you, and I'm sorry that it has, but really - what do you expect someone to do in my position?  I've seen me and my buddies treated unfairly, our threads on Trump completely corrupted with trolling and insults, great posters like SIDA run out of town on a rail... At some point you have to fight back and highlight real issues that need to be addressed.  Could I have handled it better?  Probably, sure.  But when emails to mods don't get returned what other choice do I have than to bring it to the forum?

Yeah, you know Cliff - this has clearly been an issue with you, and I'm sorry that it has, but really - what do you expect someone to do in my position?  I've seen me and my buddies treated unfairly, our threads on Trump completely corrupted with trolling and insults, great posters like SIDA run out of town on a rail... At some point you have to fight back and highlight real issues that need to be addressed.  Could I have handled it better?  Probably, sure.  But when emails to mods don't get returned what other choice do I have than to bring it to the forum?
Apparently you glossed over my post two above his that said, "ignore" users.  It's about time you starting pointing that finger back at yourself.  

ETA - You have a tool that would clear up the problem for you, but instead you repeatedly whine that the mods aren't handling things properly.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe if you stopped whining they'd listen. 

I have never posted on this board under anything besides this user handle, so I can say that.

You went from a lurker to 2,500 posts in 3 months. That is on pace for 10k a year. To put that in context, Tim averages 12,500 a year. I'm just not buying this lurker story.
I have a touch of obsessive compulsive disorder  :shrug:

He was S####### W######

:yes:
You mean my good buddy Saheeb's Warrior has become impatient with me?  That makes me sad.  Next I will find out that Zartan no longer desires to ___ ____ my dead Grandma. Very disappointing. 

Maybe we can get Bronco Billy, Bueno, and Beer 30 to resume posting activity, that would pick things up.  How about the old crew from Sidelines.com and the clique from Old Bay.  Those guys kept it lively. I mean I occasionally see some of them around, but not often enough.

I disagree on that.. For a while there I enjoyed his postings.. But it came to a point where if you said anything negative about Trump you were a "liberal" or a Sheep of the media.. reached a point where I just scrolled past any posts he added as it wasn't worth reading/replying to. :shrug:

Apparently you glossed over my post two above his that said, "ignore" users.  It's about time you starting pointing that finger back at yourself.  
I didn't gloss it over.  I read all your posts Crank.  The ignore feature - I have mixed feelings on it.  Really don't like the idea of not listening to someone else's viewpoint.  For people like us who are intellectually curious and active politically, one of our most insidious enemies is confirmation bias.  I'd rather have people just treat each other respectfully and civilized.  Is that too much to ask for?

Good try.  Not at all relevant what my prior ID was.  Been a loyal customer here since the cheatsheets days and have brought a lot of people in here over the years.  I don't have any aliases either - it's just me.  Genuinely interested in seeing this place get better.  Really do enjoy the back and forth with you guys.  Have probably come across as a royal ##### at times but some of it was really necessary I think.  Hopefully that's all behind us now.   :thumbup:
So you're against aliases, but you had a "prior ID", but it's not relevant what that ID was. Got it. So either you were banned or the other ID was someone nobody liked and you don't want to be associated with it.

Quite a run you're on buddy.

I didn't gloss it over.  I read all your posts Crank.  The ignore feature - I have mixed feelings on it.  Really don't like the idea of not listening to someone else's viewpoint.  For people like us who are intellectually curious and active politically, one of our most insidious enemies is confirmation bias.  I'd rather have people just treat each other respectfully and civilized.  Is that too much to ask for?
Dude, you've got to realize by now that Junior and Sho aren't ever going to satisfy your intellectual curiosity and, by not using the ignore function, you're indicating that you like being drawn into the back-and-forths with them.  If that's what you enjoy, so be it.  I know they do.  But you can't keep complaining about them and ask the mods to step in when you're not even doing all you can to help the situation.  C'mon, dog.  You're a conservative.  Self-reliance, man.  

Also, the actual content is getting more and more boring as posters get older. Topics are about politics, retirement, elder children, divorce, etc etc when they used to be more about hooking up, partying, poop in ceilings, colon blow diaries, other fun stuff, etc etc.

Just the way it is I guess.
Here's something to ponder; it seems to me the younger guys coming in who should be providing the older population with these kinds of gems aren't quite up to the caliber of the classic posters when they were younger.  The new guys just don't seem as intelligent, witty, don't write so good [sic], and many are just general tool boxes.  The question to me is, were the classic posters/threads as dooshy as the new guys, and we just didn't have an older crowd to tell us that, or were they actually of higher quality?

We're definitely in a bad cycle in terms of the quality of the most frequent posters. A lot of the interesting people left.  I don't want to get into the GM thread effect because people take it personally but that's a huge reason for the decline in quality.  I agree on the lack of threads per page as well. With all of the giant page one threads that rarely fall far from the top it's almost impossible to for anything new and interesting to last more than a day.  I still start my day with a quick scan of the board to see what's going on but more often than not I see nothing and move on to other places. I've recently started posting on reddit and had back to back to back 3000+ point posts.  I enjoy the score keeping aspect over there.  No idea what it means but getting points is fun.
Link pls

You would think the powers that be would want to keep this community vibrant and thriving.  Instead they've hitched their wagon to DFS which is slowing dying state by state.  

Oh man, if Oats bought this place I think we could get back to our former days of glory.

hey brohans saying this place has gone to hell is my main man bostonianfreds stick stop stealing it take that to the bank bromigos 

Everything has been done multiple times at this point. Somebody started a music thread last week asking for best _____ (whatever) songs. It was like the 5th time that exact thread has been done. We've discussed everything already.
This is a good point as well.  Even if we do try to mix it up a different way, it just evolves into people posting "song I like" or "movie I like" instead sticking to the question. 

i got sort of mad a few weeks back about the yahoos posting white hate links in the trump thread because hey that is not funny ever and also about a guy calling another guy a fraud and i sort of said hey man you are getting mad at a bunch of trolls just push the keyboard away so i did that take that to the bank brohan 

eh,  I know I've got a lot less to say these days than I did 6-10 years ago...   I think it's just a result of the FFA aging with time and the influx of new posters hasn't kept pace with people getting more boring, and having less to say.

Let's face it...  when you're 30-40 ish and have some smaller children, your life isn't likely very "epic".  or story worthy.

I don't do politics, and great threads like who's hottest and babe brackets have gone by the wayside...  so I'm left posting in the tennis, financial, charlotte mckinney, and bad beat threads... and that's about all i got..

So you're against aliases, but you had a "prior ID", but it's not relevant what that ID was. Got it. So either you were banned or the other ID was someone nobody liked and you don't want to be associated with it.

Quite a run you're on buddy.
Keep trying Chief.  I'm one of the few genuine articles in this place.  Besides FC42 and of course you, right?

Dude, you've got to realize by now that Junior and Sho aren't ever going to satisfy your intellectual curiosity and, by not using the ignore function, you're indicating that you like being drawn into the back-and-forths with them.  If that's what you enjoy, so be it.  I know they do.  But you can't keep complaining about them and ask the mods to step in when you're not even doing all you can to help the situation.  C'mon, dog.  You're a conservative.  Self-reliance, man.  
Fair point.  I tend to believe in people though.  And truth be told, I find both sho and Junior hilariously funny at times.  Hey - I've taken all the criticism levied at me in here to heart.  Really have.  Don't want to be hated and certainly don't want to detract from this place.  I'll adjust my game.  Just ask you guys to do the same.

Fair point.  I tend to believe in people though.  And truth be told, I find both sho and Junior hilariously funny at times.  Hey - I've taken all the criticism levied at me in here to heart.  Really have.  Don't want to be hated and certainly don't want to detract from this place.  I'll adjust my game.  Just ask you guys to do the same.
Do you have any feelings about SIDA leaving the FFA?

eh,  I know I've got a lot less to say these days than I did 6-10 years ago...   I think it's just a result of the FFA aging with time and the influx of new posters hasn't kept pace with people getting more boring, and having less to say.

Let's face it...  when you're 30-40 ish and have some smaller children, your life isn't likely very "epic".  or story worthy.

I don't do politics, and great threads like who's hottest and babe brackets have gone by the wayside...  so I'm left posting in the tennis, financial, charlotte mckinney, and bad beat threads... and that's about all i got..
I'll start a chest dumping thread to get you involved in one more.

I'm against anyone having an alias. It's no good for the FFA, so just don't do it. Oh by the way, I used to have another ID here, don't worry about what that was though. It's all good. I'm the genuine article. :lmao:
You're a hoot.  The question was asked if I was here for 15 years why was I only registered 3 months ago?  The answer was that I was s paying customer here with a user id.  Then you guys all inferred that this meant I was a poster for all those years?  It's like a comedy of errors in here with you guys wanting to believe I'm an alias or a prior poster. Carry on though.  It's somewhat amusing.  :lmao:

You're a hoot.  The question was asked if I was here for 15 years why was I only registered 3 months ago?  The answer was that I was s paying customer here with a user id.  Then you guys all inferred that this meant I was a poster for all those years?  It's like a comedy of errors in here with you guys wanting to believe I'm an alias or a prior poster. Carry on though.  It's somewhat amusing.  :lmao:
could you go back to just being a paying customer and not posting thanks in advance take that to the bank bromigo 

If it's true, then just list the userID.  If you are right, no one will know it and we'll just move on.     

So FBG's is basically slowing killing the FFA.  Intentional or simple incompetence?
I'm unsure, myself...but I'm at the point where if it doesn't get fixed by the time the new season kicks off...they can take this product and cram it.

I've been a part of this community since Mr. Football.  I hate to give up on it but it's becoming quickly apparent that they've given up giving a damn.

I feel like now more than ever with the limited amount of threads on page one that the concept of the dual topic thread (DTT) should be re-examined. It never really caught on but that was before the board upgrade. I feel the concept is revolutionary to the message board format and could not only save this place but turn it into a model for all other message boards to emulate and enhance the internet as a whole. 

We only have 25 topics to discuss on page one, we could have 50.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/735564-dual-topic-threads-or-dtts-interesting-new-concept/

2. The quote bug annoys the heck out of me on my phone. I could go and post in a thread that I replied to last week and my quote from last week still pops up and is impossible to delete. I end up giving up and not posting at all.
This has been getting me too and it's incredibly annoying. 

as many have learned over the years i am pretty darn good at making up nicknames who else brought you the goods like randall the touchdown robber cobber or travis the flying burrito kelce no one that is who so i think that the new nickname for the old higgmaster should be daytime emmy because everything is drama all the time take that to the bank bromigos 

Users who are viewing this thread