What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Wagering Thread: THERE HE IS!@! (17 Viewers)

Wow - it's not like me to panic on a bet, but we are DEAD.

Ball, Ball, Ball, Strike, Ball, Ball, Ball Foul, Hit, Ball,Ball, Ball, Ball, Strike, Ball, Ball, Ball Foul, Hit, Ball,Ball, Ball, Ball, Strike, Ball, Ball, Ball Foul, Hit, Ball,Ball, Ball, Ball, Strike, Ball, Ball, Ball Foul, Hit, Ball,Ball, Ball, Ball, Strike, Ball, Ball, Ball Foul, Hit, Ball,Ball, Ball, Ball, Strike, Ball, Ball, Ball Foul, Hit, Ball,Ball, Ball, Ball, Strike, Ball, Ball, Ball Foul, Hit, Ball,
Look at the bright side Kick, we've already used 1/3 of Lyles'ss'sssss pitch count in the 1st inning. He somehow got out of a bases loaded 2 out jam (which is epic considering how he started). Adding to Colorado live.

Not that I'd have great confidence in rampage these days but what makes you want to lay money on king mo? To me he's looked horrible in his last few fights and he doesn't have any great wins on his resume other than mousasi (in a fight mousasi beat up mo from his back). Rampage for me in this one.
It's more of a fade of Rampage then for Mo. If Mo is motivated for this fight, and chooses to use his wrestling (which i believe he will working with Cormier for this fight), he will win. He can take down Rampage and keep him down if he wants to

Isn't mo on Tito?

:oldunsure:
i am, but light. I got him at +450 or something. Sheer makes good points, but we all know this. my bet is pretty simple, Tito is a good size LHW, Alex your usual Russian fighter who is a MW (Russian meaning many don't cut too much weight). Tito definitely sucks, no doubt. But i like that i got him around +450, and it is a light bet. Tito isn't a good wrestler anymore, but his ground and pound is still legit. I would argue his fight against Bader was a legit win, and his fights against Forrest were all close. Alex isn't much of a wrestler grappler, and he has a 13 win streak, but his competition has been pitiful at best. Sheer has a ton more on this then i do, so i will be happy if Alex wins, but i don't feel nearly as confident as he does. Alex should win, but the weight and size advantage is legit, and Tito really didn't look that horrible in his last fight against Forrest which he actually should have won
You do make valid points Mo, and I don't necessarily disagree with much of it, but as a rebuttal to it all, I think the size/potential strength advantage gets negated significantly because Tito is a broken, broken fighter. He's got more surgeries on his spine than he does wins in the last decade. I don't trust he has the cardio to utilize his strength advantage outside of a few minutes into the first round.

Tito may have looked OK against Forest, but let's not forget, Forest dwindled pretty hard towards the end of his career - and that fight was almost 2 years ago. Tito hasn't fought since then, has had surgery, oh and also saw his odometer tick from 37 to 39...dude's made of glass at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow - it's not like me to panic on a bet, but we are DEAD.

Ball, Ball, Ball, Strike, Ball, Ball, Ball Foul, Hit, Ball,Ball, Ball, Ball, Strike, Ball, Ball, Ball Foul, Hit, Ball,Ball, Ball, Ball, Strike, Ball, Ball, Ball Foul, Hit, Ball,Ball, Ball, Ball, Strike, Ball, Ball, Ball Foul, Hit, Ball,Ball, Ball, Ball, Strike, Ball, Ball, Ball Foul, Hit, Ball,Ball, Ball, Ball, Strike, Ball, Ball, Ball Foul, Hit, Ball,Ball, Ball, Ball, Strike, Ball, Ball, Ball Foul, Hit, Ball,
Look at the bright side Kick, we've already used 1/3 of Lyles'ss'sssss pitch count in the 1st inning. He somehow got out of a bases loaded 2 out jam (which is epic considering how he started). Adding to Colorado live.
And we're gonna bat for 5 seconds in the bottom half.

Not that I'd have great confidence in rampage these days but what makes you want to lay money on king mo? To me he's looked horrible in his last few fights and he doesn't have any great wins on his resume other than mousasi (in a fight mousasi beat up mo from his back). Rampage for me in this one.
It's more of a fade of Rampage then for Mo. If Mo is motivated for this fight, and chooses to use his wrestling (which i believe he will working with Cormier for this fight), he will win. He can take down Rampage and keep him down if he wants to
:goodposting:

Skillsets match up, the motivation for King Mo to utilize his wrestling and get the W seems to be there. And again, Rampage is overvalue and overhyped because of what he has done in his career. Beating up Joey Beltran and Christian M'Pumbu doesn't convince me he's "back." If this fight was -110/-110, it's probably not a play for me.

Fair points I just don't see Mo even being able to take Rampage down at this point. He just looks like a shell of himself since the staph infection. I could be completely wrong here but I see a rampage tko (in a crappy fight).

Good luck.

Raider Nation said:
ChainsawU said:
Rockies -122
Something smells rotten with this line. Colorado is at home, where they score a million runs. They have the better pitcher on paper, and they have a much, MUCH better offense. Why aren't the Rockies -160 in this spot?
Smells rotten..... BET IT HEAVY ANYWAY!!!

:thumbup:

I left the house today so I wouldn't be so obsessed with every little detail of the Rockies game so I went to power walk a 5k, and really wasn’t too excited about it when a woman got on the treadmill right next to mine. It wouldn’t have been a big deal except there was hardly anyone in the place, and I had isolated myself in the far corner of the second floor. So it was just us two. She had on these bright purple spandex pants and had a great ###. She smelled good too. Got me all the way turnt up. :thankyou:

The angle on the Rockies game is pretty straightforward: fade the pitcher making his first start there. Didn't mean to get anyone all the way turnt up on it.

Raider Nation said:
ChainsawU said:
Rockies -122
Something smells rotten with this line. Colorado is at home, where they score a million runs. They have the better pitcher on paper, and they have a much, MUCH better offense. Why aren't the Rockies -160 in this spot?
Smells rotten..... BET IT HEAVY ANYWAY!!!

:thumbup:
Here is what I wrote in another gambling forum two days ago:

I think Habs might stumble out of the gate but I can see the Habs winning this in five games to be honest.
Here is what I posted today:

Habs -120
####### stupid, I have to start listening to myself. I had the over though, but I'm turning great days into meh days but over-thinking ####.

The angle on the Rockies game is pretty straightforward: fade the pitcher making his first start there. Didn't mean to get anyone all the way turnt up on it.
Relax. Nobody is blaming you. We clicked on "place bet"... not you.
Seems like Rockies will still win anyway.

Plus no one compels anyone else to follow them, that's what the thread is for. We win some, we lose some.

Here was the "inside" information on the Rockies/Padres game that made the Rockies such a small favorite tonight:

Jordan Lyles has been lucky this year, and likes to get hammered on Friday nights and shove hamsters up his ###.

You can't make this up. Lyles stays in the game after giving up 12 earned in 2 innings, they let him hit... double-play.

It ain't happening tonight.

God what a ####### disaster today...looking like 0-3 on my picks (someone iPunch me if I ever try to get another over involving KC or Baltimore ) and to boot it looks like I finally broke the Saw-O-Matic

Oh and I'm staying with my wife's deeply religious grandparents in a dry county for the next 2 nights :sadbanana:

I thought that was somewhat comical that Lyles was hitting in the 3rd still.

At this point i'm looking to hit my overs 9.5/10/10.5 to somehow turn a profit on this one. LETS GO POINTS or something.

God what a ####### disaster today...looking like 0-3 on my picks (someone iPunch me if I ever try to get another over involving KC or Baltimore ) and to boot it looks like I finally broke the Saw-O-Matic

Oh and I'm staying with my wife's deeply religious grandparents in a dry county for the next 2 nights :sadbanana:
They still have those?

I thought that was somewhat comical that Lyles was hitting in the 3rd still.

At this point i'm looking to hit my overs 9.5/10/10.5 to somehow turn a profit on this one. LETS GO POINTS or something.
At this point I'd be thrilled if the Rockies can somehow get to 5 runs.... Thats about where I'm at, damage control.

Go to the grandparents' med cabinet. Although medicine can sometimes have confusing names, it's okay. You just have to find the ones that say "do not take with alcohol" and you should be good to go.

:banned:

I cannot get a runner home from 3rd with less than 2 outs to save my life. The MLB average is 51%. The RN average is 0%. Reyes just got gunned out at home on a medium-depth fly ball to center. He used to be fast or something.

Did the Rockies just have SD with a man on 1 +2 with two out, throw a strikeout and allow a past ball to load the bases?

yep im in north carolina at wives brothers house. Perfect day out today and no beer :cry:

yep im in north carolina at wives brothers house. Perfect day out today and no beer :cry:
only good thing is he does have mlb extra innings

Users who are viewing this thread