What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFPC 2013 In Season. Talk about your ups n downs. (2 Viewers)

Made it to the playoffs with the 2nd seed (highest season score total) despite losing Julio Jones and Doug Martin for the year...

Still can do some damage with Darren Sproles, Desean Jackson, Anquan Boldin, Pierre Garcon, Keenan Allen, Mike Wallace, Aaron Dobson, Emmanuel Sanders, and Julius Thomas.

Good luck to all who made the playoffs and the championship round.Toilet bowl round for me finished 6-5 just couldn't recover from losing Rodgers and a wasted 1st round pick in Rice.Still had a lot of fun hope to see some of you guys in a league next year.

I was fortunate enough to finish #1 overall. I'm not loving my chances as my depth has been depleted to injuries, Blackmon suspension, and spending $973 on Julius. Gambled big time rolling with 1 kicker. I was saving my last $2 for a backup kicker and another player but a couple injuries and the Blackmon suspension left me super thin. If I can make it weeks 14-16 with no injuries then I got a shot.

4/6 teams made playoffs

3 of them top 2 seeds with punched tickets to big dance.

4th will need to win league to make the show.

1 team that took Rice Rd1 missed badly.

Another team needed 18 inches (0.05 pts) more from Amendola on MNF to make the playoffs.

Good luck to everyone the rest of the way.

I'd love to know what percentage of playoff teams have Manning and some combo of one of the Thomas boys. 20 degrees and 20-40 mph gusts are all the rest of us can ask for.

Have two teams, one made the playoffs. I roll out Brady/Gronk vs. Manning/Demaryius. Win or lose, tonight is going to be a blast to watch.

Starting RBs for our leagues playoff teams are Pierre Thomas,Bobby Rainey, Zac Stacy, Frank Gore, Ryan Matthews,D.Murray, Jacquizz Rodgers, Ben Tate,and Marcel Reece. I guess it is time to rethink some of the timeworn strategy of fantasy football.

Came in to the playoffs as a 2 seed. Had an epic game this weekend where I made a mistake and left Sproles in my line up Thursday, I was in meetings and I just didn't get the inactive note until after the game started. I was really bummed and figured at least I would still compete in weeks 14-16, perhaps I could get lucky with what I had left for the weekend.

Luck was owning Josh Gordon who more than made up the difference and even though my opponent scored 156, I managed to put together a 172 score with a zero at RB. The other playoff game both teams only managed about 120. I feel so lucky to have made it this far. $500 for sure, maybe $1,500 if I am lucky and then a chance to compete for a little more money the following 3 weeks. I have had a blast with this contest, certainly some things I would like to see improved but that's what feedback is for after we wrap things up. The good news is 4 more weeks of competing in this.

Hope everyone did well, my team name is Air Marino Corps, straight out of 1984.

QB-Stafford, RB1-ADP, RB2-WTF knows right now, WR1/2/3-Marshall, Nelson, Gordon, Flex-Keenan Allen, TE-Davis/Fleener-can flex the other if I want, PK/Def, who the hell knows this week. I gotta get a couple more of each so I have some options the next few weeks.

Good luck to anyone still standing

:thumbup:

My only playoff team won the 1st round! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. But now i face the Manning team. Gulp.

Here is the roster:

Russell Wilson

Sproles

squadoosh - Ellington/Mendenhall/Tate

Burleson

Gordon

Graham

Fleener

V-Davis

If Sproles suits up, i like this squad with those 3 TE's. No Sproles, im likely toast.

Air Marino Corps 162-153 and League Champion

Feels good to win $1500, now let's take a shot at a 1/4 Million :thumbup:

Good Luck for those in the 3 week sprint.

Air Marino Corps 162-153 and League Champion

Feels good to win $1500, now let's take a shot at a 1/4 Million :thumbup:

Good Luck for those in the 3 week sprint.
Congrats MoP, always love reading your posts, glad to see you take it down. Good luck in the next few weeks, sounds like you've got a very good team.

One and only FPC team, 2 seed, won my league Championship and $1500 by scoring 230.5 pts this week! Had Stafford, Gordon, Jeffery, Gronk going. Wish I could have saved this explosion for one of the three weeks coming up, but I really like my team, especially my WR and TE depth. Will start the Big Dance only 15 pts outside the leader. Good luck to all.

One and only FPC team, 2 seed, won my league Championship and $1500 by scoring 230.5 pts this week! Had Stafford, Gordon, Jeffery, Gronk going. Wish I could have saved this explosion for one of the three weeks coming up, but I really like my team, especially my WR and TE depth. Will start the Big Dance only 15 pts outside the leader. Good luck to all.
Not bad, but there's also 280 teams within 15 pts of the leader lol. But the bigger issue, its only 25% of the scoring. You could get a team who averaged 120/game and put up monster weeks 14-16 and take it lol. Such a crap shoot.

Im down 33 pts right now vs Pierre Thomas. I have Wilson/Sproles/Graham to go. I'd say im 50/50 in this format.

And im the 3 seed! So its my only chance for the big dance oh and an extra G.

I figure Wilson/Sproles would make up that deficit and then its Pierre vs Graham for all the marbles?!!

Of course, lol, and that is why I feel ok about being placed where i am now. Only concern is my team can't keep scoring like it has. I sure wish these past two weeks got factored in.

Not bad, but there's also 280 teams within 15 pts of the leader lol. But the bigger issue, its only 25% of the scoring. You could get a team who averaged 120/game and put up monster weeks 14-16 and take it lol. Such a crap shoot.

Im down 33 pts right now vs Pierre Thomas. I have Wilson/Sproles/Graham to go. I'd say im 50/50 in this format.

And im the 3 seed! So its my only chance for the big dance oh and an extra G.

I figure Wilson/Sproles would make up that deficit and then its Pierre vs Graham for all the marbles?!!
Wow. Thank u Russell Wilson! Won the championship as the 3 seed. Feels good. 3 teams drafted, this was the only one to make the playoffs. Now lets go on a real magic carpet ride! 1 time baby, 1 time!

Have 4 lottery tickets (3 as 3 or 4 seeds which won the league and 1 as a 1 seed which didn't win the league). Not counting on anything in the lotto but you never know.

So there is 968 teams in the Champ Rds, just counting the 1 and 2 seeds. So thats 484 leagues total. How many 3 and 4 seeds won a ticket? I'd say minimum of 30% of the total teams and that might be low. Add those guys into the 968 and we're probably looking at close to 1,200 teams in it.

I wonder if its better to play 'secondary' guys and just hope for the best. Depending on your rank right now, i dont see the sense of playing the same guys everyone else will. Im in no way suggesting u sit a Josh Gordon/Manning etc etc. But its probably smart to roll the dice on a few 'so so' guys and hope for the best. This thing is a lottery. It will probably take over 200 pt average these next 3 weeks to take the big one.

Gildz-I do agree it will take a mammoth effort to win this thing (or even place highly) but a 200 point average over three weeks? Being this is my first yr in contest I don't know but that seems mighty high. I am guessing if you get one 200 point explosion and 2 nice weeks you'll be sitting pretty. For those of you with experience, what are some of the previous totals that have won? I could not find historical data.

Gildz-I do agree it will take a mammoth effort to win this thing (or even place highly) but a 200 point average over three weeks? Being this is my first yr in contest I don't know but that seems mighty high. I am guessing if you get one 200 point explosion and 2 nice weeks you'll be sitting pretty. For those of you with experience, what are some of the previous totals that have won? I could not find historical data.
Well looking at the "Toilet Bowl" for reference, which has run for 2 weeks now, there are 3 teams over 400 pts. so they averaged 200+ a week. Now there's also wayyyyy more teams in the Toilet Bowl (3,872 to be exact).

So yea there's over triple the amt of teams then in the Championship rds, but u would think there's better teams in the Champ rds as well.

I do think the overall winner will 'average' 200 pts/week or dam near close to it,

Last edited by a moderator:
Tough sledding for ADP owners, you get this far and thankful for it but now not gonna be a factor in the 3 week sprint. Lot of ADP owners competing right now.

Well week 1 down for the leader at least, 246 pts! Geezus.

I'll be 170+ this week and not crack the top 250 lol.

I am at 170 with Jeffery still going tonight. That was with poor performances from Stafford & Gronk. Not out of it yet. The guy that had 246 could have 146 next week. Someone like you or I could go off for 250 then things change heading into final week.

In reality, I barely have a chance of winning it all, but still greater than playing the lotto. More fun too! My bigger issue is losing Gronk, but still have Julius. & Olsen at least. Good luck!

I am at 170 with Jeffery still going tonight. That was with poor performances from Stafford & Gronk. Not out of it yet. The guy that had 246 could have 146 next week. Someone like you or I could go off for 250 then things change heading into final week.

In reality, I barely have a chance of winning it all, but still greater than playing the lotto. More fun too! My bigger issue is losing Gronk, but still have Julius. & Olsen at least. Good luck!
Dude you're in great position! If Alshon has a big night, you could be in the top 25! You should be a lock for top 50.

Last edited by a moderator:
Decent I guess. Figured if Jeffery has adequate night-20 pts or so-I will be inside top 50. Still would need a big week but leaves the possibility.

Decent I guess. Figured if Jeffery has adequate night-20 pts or so-I will be inside top 50. Still would need a big week but leaves the possibility.
Geez, 255 pts in week 1 for the leader?! That has to be the high score of the year, must be nice to get it week 1 of the championship rd, unreal. And he was an average team to boot (143 pt/game) on the season. Solid, nothing spectacular.

Scored 175 and im not in the top 400 lol.

Total crapshoot this thing.

Thanks man. Pleased with my first experience in this tourney.

However.........IF Stafford hadn't sucked in weeks 14-16 (9.45, 13.65, 11.0), I would have scored a top ten (likely top 5) finish. I may be over-analyzing this but even if he scored his average (25.29 pts/gm over weeks 1-13) over weeks 14-16, this would have given me an additional 41.7 points, which would have had me at #5 on leaderboard and $10k. What kills me is that I loved his schedule over there final 3 weeks. He has a few monster games and who knows?!?! Now, I recognize that if Stafford had played better, other players such as Calvin would have put up better numbers too, altering the leaderboard???? Just dreaming! I always find something bad in something awesome. Not complaining, just illustrating how doable it really is to win the whole thing. Just need a good team and a few strokes of luck here and there. But in all I cannot complain about $1500 league win and whatever I get after MNF.

Thanks again and I really enjoyed following your posts all year!

Thanks man. Pleased with my first experience in this tourney.

However.........IF Stafford hadn't sucked in weeks 14-16 (9.45, 13.65, 11.0), I would have scored a top ten (likely top 5) finish. I may be over-analyzing this but even if he scored his average (25.29 pts/gm over weeks 1-13) over weeks 14-16, this would have given me an additional 41.7 points, which would have had me at #5 on leaderboard and $10k. What kills me is that I loved his schedule over there final 3 weeks. He has a few monster games and who knows?!?! Now, I recognize that if Stafford had played better, other players such as Calvin would have put up better numbers too, altering the leaderboard???? Just dreaming! I always find something bad in something awesome. Not complaining, just illustrating how doable it really is to win the whole thing. Just need a good team and a few strokes of luck here and there. But in all I cannot complain about $1500 league win and whatever I get after MNF.

Thanks again and I really enjoyed following your posts all year!
congrats Lionslappy nice showing over 4 grand thats nothing to sneeze at.

Appreciate it RustyColts! Good night for me. Top 20 finish in FPC & lucked out and won my local league by less than a point after Niners Hail Mary INT on last play of game.

Great job LionSlappy! Good to see someone on here win some nice $. I'll be back next yr with a 3 pack. Enjoy the holidays!

Nice work Lion. I made a little money on my teams this year versus entry fee levels although none made it to the money in the Championship round due to a terrible week 16 for me. Ill probably end up adding more teams to the FFPC Main Event and take it away from this one next year as it seems to be at least a little less of a lottery.

Thanks! I am contemplating the FFPC Main Event next year also. I could opt to get a team for winning my FPC league this year. What do you mean it is "less of a lottery"? Just because there are fewer teams involved? I would think the competition would be stiffer, but who knows. FPC is damn tough competition, but I mean, more $ on the line, less teams, etc. Do you draft live in Vegas or online? I think it's be awesome to draft live, but I hear teams do not do as well for some reason when they draft live v. online. I need to do some research, follow you guys over the off-season then make a decision.

Nice work Lion. I made a little money on my teams this year versus entry fee levels although none made it to the money in the Championship round due to a terrible week 16 for me. Ill probably end up adding more teams to the FFPC Main Event and take it away from this one next year as it seems to be at least a little less of a lottery.

I had two main event teams this year and ended up winning one league and just missed the playoffs in the other. Its nice in the main event because you get a cash prize for coming in first or second in the regular season plus the 3rd place team gets a prize in the playoffs. The competition is pretty stiff but for some reason and Im not sure why I've seemed to do better in the main event. I was in decent position in the Championship round (in the 30s) but my team put up a stinker this past week. With the higher entry fee, the payout percentage better is a bit better (which makes a lot of sense) so thats what I was referring to with the lottery comment but I think any time you have a three week total points race itll be a lotto which if you win is fantastic. I have not yet made it to Vegas but I'll probably give it a shot in this coming year, schedule permitting.

Don't u think 5 FFPC teams are a better investment then 1 main event team? I know it's 'less' of a lottery but still, u have 5 chances at some decent $ vs just 1. U miss out on your 1 main event team, it's busto city/loser bowl.

Users who are viewing this thread