What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Final Roster Cuts - post significant & semi-significant cuts. (1 Viewer)

And now this...

New England Patriots announced that they have released 10 players today. The Patriots released five veteran players: TE Jake Ballard, DE Marcus Benard, TE Daniel Fells, WR Johnathan Haggerty and LB Mike Rivera. The Patriots released one first-year players: and OL Luke Patterson. The Patriots released four rookie free agents: FB Ben Bartholomew, DL Gilbert Peña, OL Matt Stankiewitch and DL Scott Vallone
http://www.patriots.com/news/article-1/Patriots-release-10-players/b63deba9-fa0d-4bcb-8cd8-fb7413479f85

Someone's missing.....

Oh yeah Sims made the team.

Last edited by a moderator:
And now this...

New England Patriots announced that they have released 10 players today. The Patriots released five veteran players: TE Jake Ballard, DE Marcus Benard, TE Daniel Fells, WR Johnathan Haggerty and LB Mike Rivera. The Patriots released one first-year players: and OL Luke Patterson. The Patriots released four rookie free agents: FB Ben Bartholomew, DL Gilbert Peña, OL Matt Stankiewitch and DL Scott Vallone
http://www.patriots.com/news/article-1/Patriots-release-10-players/b63deba9-fa0d-4bcb-8cd8-fb7413479f85

Someone's missing.....

Tebow is utterly insignificant at this point.

The Pats cuts are significant though in that they now only have 3 TEs on the roster including Gronkowski. Which lends one to think he's probably not going to be on PUP.

And now this...

Someone's missing.....

The Pats cuts are significant though in that they now only have 3 TEs on the roster including Gronkowski. Which lends one to think he's probably not going to be on PUP.
I agree on both counts. The 3rd QB is a nothing, but then there's been discussion here on just that and it's has probably been about 80-20 against the Pats keeping him.

Are they really going into week 1 with just Sudfeld & Hoomanawanui?

Also, they're keeping 7 WRs?

The change in base offense has been discussed for a while, but it's finally coming into focus. It's not often you can get 4-5 new key players in a single top-5 or better offense.

I'm not assuming Wood makes the team either. Deji Karim is probably ahead of him. If Wood gets a roster spot it's likely to be short lived as Antonio Smith doesn't count against the roster while suspended. And Justin Tuggle might get that spot ahead of him. Houston is keeping 3 QBs and that doesn't leave much extra space for a 3rd/4th string RB who is poor at special teams.

And now this...

Someone's missing.....

I think the chances are pretty good that the Pats will sign a TE that was cut from another team to take a spot on their 53-man roster, but I guess that would depend on who becomes available. It just sounds like they fell out of love with Ballard and Fells.

Dennis Johnson waived. Apparently Houston is that comfortable with Foster's injury.
Or Johnson can't be trusted to hold onto the ball.
He did a hell of a lot better than Knile Davis.Tells me Foster looks to be OK. Tate is healthy, and Cierre Wood was better for their system. They seem to like the stronger RBs there.
Wood is #4 and still not safe. Karim is #3 and is the kick returner...

I'm not assuming Wood makes the team either. Deji Karim is probably ahead of him. If Wood gets a roster spot it's likely to be short lived as Antonio Smith doesn't count against the roster while suspended. And Justin Tuggle might get that spot ahead of him. Houston is keeping 3 QBs and that doesn't leave much extra space for a 3rd/4th string RB who is poor at special teams.
And as if on cue, John McClain tweeting congrats to Justin Tuggle for making the team.

Jaguars | Release 20 players

Fri, 30 Aug 2013 15:01:56 -0700

The Jacksonville Jaguars have released WR Jeremy Ebert, DE Pannel Egboh, RB Jonathan Grimes, LB Brandon M. Marshall, WR Charly Martin, OT Pat McQuistan, OG Drew Nowak, CB Kevin Rutland, DT D'Anthony Smith, LB Julian Stanford, CB Marcus Trufant, WR Toney Clemons, DE Ryan Davis, DT T.J. Barnes, OT R.J. Dill, TE Ryan Otten, WR Tobias Palmer, QB Matt Scott, SS Steven Terrell and LB Michael Zimmer.

GB planning to bring in Joe McKnight in for a workout. So hang tight Franklin owners.

Mill Journal is speculating Johnathan Franklin could be cut?
Gotta link for that? I haven't seen any speculation regarding Franklin being on the bubble.
The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel hints Packers fourth-round RB Johnathan Franklin's roster spot isn't assured.
Beat writer Tom Silverstein believes Franklin "had to show something" in Thursday's preseason finale to secure his spot. Franklin gained just 23 yards on eight carries, but per Silverstein, he "followed his blocks better." Franklin has been one of the biggest busts of the summer, but we highly doubt the Packers will throw in the towel so quickly. Aug 30 - 12:24 PM
Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

I would assume his roster spot if fairly safe, but he really hasn't shown anything to warrant that.

Gotta link for that? I haven't seen any speculation regarding Franklin being on the bubble.
The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel hints Packers fourth-round RB Johnathan Franklin's roster spot isn't assured.
Beat writer Tom Silverstein believes Franklin "had to show something" in Thursday's preseason finale to secure his spot. Franklin gained just 23 yards on eight carries, but per Silverstein, he "followed his blocks better." Franklin has been one of the biggest busts of the summer, but we highly doubt the Packers will throw in the towel so quickly. Aug 30 - 12:24 PM

I would assume his roster spot if fairly safe, but he really hasn't shown anything to warrant that.
Thanks. The GB RB depth behind Lacy should be interesting.

Someone is looking over him for sure after his showing since draft day.
To be fair, I've been following the reports from day one and I hadn't seen anything negative until last night's drops.

There hasn't been much positive buzz at all, but it's not like he's been this awful disaster either.

It would be more accurate to say that the guys he's competing with have been standing out and he hasn't done anything to distinguish himself.

Someone on Field Gulls just pointed out that scenarios like this are a good example of why twitter is a potential problem.

Should employees of a company be publicly voicing their thoughts on players being released? Mike Robinson was a locker room leader in Seattle, but does that mean Turbin and Wagner should be voicing their opinion to the fans?

Funny (I drafted him and have my own egg on my face but) he's not that big a bust being a fourth rounder yet the reporters that praised him are now forced to call him as such. Fourth round means less even since they started doing compensatory picks.

I had said in the duplicate thread I mis-posted...

Mike Thomas; surprising how quick he seemed to fall out of the league being cut by both the Lions and Cards this summer yet the picks he was traded for haven't even all materialized yet.

Users who are viewing this thread