What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Footballguys for 2017 - New Stuff / Ask Questions Here (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you guys considered changing the refund policy for just this year? It is usually money back guaranteed up to 30 days after purchase. As a show of good faith, why not offer a limited refund or maybe a free subscription in 2018 on top of the 30 day money back, if people are still having the same issues this year.(Dynasty rankings, MyFBG, missing articles etc) Maybe set a deadline of the start of the NFL season. I am just throwing an idea out there, maybe you or other people in the thread could perfect it or change something around.
I cannot help but give this train of thought some major props.  I keep telling myself that I want to slowly start phasing myself out of fantasy leagues because I find that they take up too much of my time. However--I do like the competitiveness of fantasy sports and I decided last season that I might subscribe to the FBGs to help manage my time for the 3 leagues that I play in.  Fortunately--I somehow neglected to sign up last season--which ended up being a blessing--as I followed along the numerous threads about how paying customers were not getting what they paid for.   While I'm happy that you guys have started this thread--I will honestly say that I do think that this is something that should have been started long ago.  This thread only came to be after another member actually started a thread asking if questions would ever get answered by you guys.    

Let's call a spade a spade.  You guys screwed up big time last year.   Period.  However--everybobdy screws up and sane/rational people understand this.  With that being said--I can personally say that a 30 day refund period does not give me any sort of confidence that I'll get what I pay for.   For me--being that I mainly play in redraft--the most important time for content starts approximately 2-3 weeks before fantasy draft time.  This means is that if I signed up for your service 2-3 weeks before my drafts--my only guarantee of good content would maybe go into the first or second week of the fantasy season.   Even if somebody signed up the first day that the season started--that would mean that you guys would only have to provide 4 weeks of solid content before that 30 day period is up--and once that passes--the quality of the work can go down your end--and paying members would be getting screwed again. Let me tell you--for me--its not a money issue.  I'll lose $30 in a hand of blackjack in vegas in 2 minutes and it doesn't bother me one bit.  What worries me is that if I sign up for a service that is aimed at saving me time--a failure of that service would involve wasting my time--which is far more valuable than $30 or $35.   A 30 day refund policy does absolutely nothing in regards to gaining my confidence that my time won't be wasted --especially after what happened last season-- and taking into account how you guys responded to these concerns so late.

I think starting this thread is a start--but I do think you need to consider changing this refund policy.  You wasted a lot of people's time and money last season.  Extending the refund policy is a way to regain the trust of potentially new customers, as well as the ones that you would like to retain after last seasons debacle.  

Agree. The only reason people will come asking for refunds is because the product offered isn't available or not working properly (like last year). Why wouldn't refunds be given if that were the case? 

I highly doubt the vast majority of people here have any interest to try and take content and then ask for a refund. People posting here want to be here and want to return. Asking for some recourse if things aren't as expected after last year is a reasonable and expected request. 

I'm a little surprised you wouldn't decide to stand behind your product and customer base and provide the assurance that people will get what they pay for or be made whole.

You get a 90-night guarantee on a new mattress you purchase for goodness sake.  90 days on a fake football subscription seems pretty reasonable in comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:
You get a 90-night guarantee on a new mattress you purchase for goodness sake.  90 days on a fake football subscription seems pretty reasonable in comparison.
So if you sign up a day before the NFL season you could get your money back well into late November/early December? IMHO it would be more reasonable to offer a heavily discounted subscription for the next season. Of course, if they don't deliver, who would even take the discounted subscription?

David Dodds said:
We open the door up after the NFL Draft.  We aim to crush it from that day forward with articles on upcoming rookie drafts, Blooms Top 100, dynasty rankings, etc.   I would email Sigmund Bloom (bloom@footballguys.com) if you have specific requests for this content for the 2017 season. 
This is quite a remarkable answer to me. Maybe I'm in the minority, but the NFL rookie draft is basically the climax/conclusion of the dynasty off-season, and you're saying that this will mark the beginning of your dynasty coverage. That's kinda the whole point of dynasty - it's year round. By the time the NFL draft happens, I've had RFA, UFA, and months of potential trading gone by. Full disclosure, I stopped subscribing last year already, but that's mainly because I'm only in two leagues now whereas younger me was in 7-9. As an aside, the primary benefit of the FBG's subscription during that time was being able to easily see who was a top free agent in 7-9 leagues via MyFBGs.

Joe Bryant said:
Hi Folks,

I know several folks had questions about what we're doing for Footballguys for 2017. Let me start this thread new to try and consolidate the questions here. We'll do our best to answer but also please understand in March there are always things still being decided and there are things that aren't concrete yet.

If you've got a question, please ask it here. But let's keep it to real questions. It the main goal is to say you think FBG sucks now, or always has, save yourself time. But if you've got a legit question about FBG, ask it here and we'll do our best. If we don't know, we'll say we don't know.

Thanks.

J
Is Matt Harmon gone? I saw something a few weeks ago about him and another fantasy site. His reception perception articles were my 2nd favorite series behind only Waldman's Gut Check.

Is Matt Harmon gone? I saw something a few weeks ago about him and another fantasy site. His reception perception articles were my 2nd favorite series behind only Waldman's Gut Check.

I'm sad to say Matt will be doing his Reception Perception for FantasyFootballers this year. But we're hoping to still have great content from him.

J

I'm sad to say Matt will be doing his Reception Perception for FantasyFootballers this year. But we're hoping to still have great content from him.

J
Oh, so he's just doing RP for them, but he'll still be contributing to FBG. Unfortunate, but much better than losing him altogether. Looking forward to his articles and insight. I'm sure they'll be good. Thanks for the quick answer!

I cannot help but give this train of thought some major props.  I keep telling myself that I want to slowly start phasing myself out of fantasy leagues because I find that they take up too much of my time. However--I do like the competitiveness of fantasy sports and I decided last season that I might subscribe to the FBGs to help manage my time for the 3 leagues that I play in.  Fortunately--I somehow neglected to sign up last season--which ended up being a blessing--as I followed along the numerous threads about how paying customers were not getting what they paid for.   While I'm happy that you guys have started this thread--I will honestly say that I do think that this is something that should have been started long ago.  This thread only came to be after another member actually started a thread asking if questions would ever get answered by you guys.    

Let's call a spade a spade.  You guys screwed up big time last year.   Period.  However--everybobdy screws up and sane/rational people understand this.  With that being said--I can personally say that a 30 day refund period does not give me any sort of confidence that I'll get what I pay for.   For me--being that I mainly play in redraft--the most important time for content starts approximately 2-3 weeks before fantasy draft time.  This means is that if I signed up for your service 2-3 weeks before my drafts--my only guarantee of good content would maybe go into the first or second week of the fantasy season.   Even if somebody signed up the first day that the season started--that would mean that you guys would only have to provide 4 weeks of solid content before that 30 day period is up--and once that passes--the quality of the work can go down your end--and paying members would be getting screwed again. Let me tell you--for me--its not a money issue.  I'll lose $30 in a hand of blackjack in vegas in 2 minutes and it doesn't bother me one bit.  What worries me is that if I sign up for a service that is aimed at saving me time--a failure of that service would involve wasting my time--which is far more valuable than $30 or $35.   A 30 day refund policy does absolutely nothing in regards to gaining my confidence that my time won't be wasted --especially after what happened last season-- and taking into account how you guys responded to these concerns so late.

I think starting this thread is a start--but I do think you need to consider changing this refund policy.  You wasted a lot of people's time and money last season.  Extending the refund policy is a way to regain the trust of potentially new customers, as well as the ones that you would like to retain after last seasons debacle.  

I hear you and thanks for expanding the thoughts. I want to be honest and say I don't see us changing the 30 day money back guarantee. But let us kick it around some. 

Thanks.

J

So if you sign up a day before the NFL season you could get your money back well into late November/early December? IMHO it would be more reasonable to offer a heavily discounted subscription for the next season. Of course, if they don't deliver, who would even take the discounted subscription?
Dynasty leagues start way before then. that was my point.

I hear you and thanks for expanding the thoughts. I want to be honest and say I don't see us changing the 30 day money back guarantee. But let us kick it around some. 

Thanks.

J
I'd like to see a 4 month money back guarantee.  I'd purchase 500 subscriptions and get a refund for any of the ones that weren't still alive in the subscriber contest.

Is MyFBG allowing 2017 MFL leagues?

I can't seem to get mine to recognize. As my 2017 dynasty league has already had multiple trades, its helpful to see where each teams stands on the ranking pages.

Is MyFBG allowing 2017 MFL leagues?

I can't seem to get mine to recognize. As my 2017 dynasty league has already had multiple trades, its helpful to see where each teams stands on the ranking pages.

Hi Dope,

MyFBG will definitely work with MFL leagues when MyFBG is ready. The plan is for MyFBG to be ready in June. I know that's a hassle for the guys doing MFL Dynasty but that's the reality of where we are this year. The hope after this year is for MyFBG to be ready way earlier or year round. Thanks.

J

Requests:

1. More best ball content. FFPC Draft Experts, MFL10s, etc. I think you guys need someone with a math or statistical background to run a Monte Carlo Simulation on the optimal 'best ball' line-up. Best ball is becoming increasingly popular and I haven't seen a lot of content/theory on the best way to play it. Strategy in February/March may differ from the strategy in the summer...

2. A few more articles from Dodds. I know he's a busy guy, but has the best insight of anyone on the site. IMO. 

What is the IDP commitment?  Some of the best content here is IDP, but there is very little actual volume of it.  The IDP forums are barren and there are only two articles I can name off the top of my head, and those do not even get published every week. 

Another long-time subscriber. It's always been an easy decision as the content was very worth the price. This year like many others I'm considering alternatives; I may resubscribe but haven't made a decision yet. I'm going to give two instances of my unhappiness from 2016, not to say FBGs are terrible, but because you're asking for feedback.

I want to comment specifically on the often used explanation for lack of content, delayed timing etc., that the authors have other jobs and so don't always complete their assignments on time. This explanation has always been a problem for me. You guys are charging a price for the service. As with any business, I really only care about getting what I pay for, its really not my problem as to how you produce it. If you have over-promised then you need to cut back to what you can reliably produce. If I said I'd pay you weekly, and then didn't get around to it sometimes because I had other things going on, that wouldn't be acceptable to you. Having been here pretty much since the beginning, that was ok back then when your content stood out for insight and the fantasy business was a lot smaller. These days the industry is huge, there are much better competitors and frankly you charge a lot more than you once did. It's insulting and unprofessional to say you're too busy with day jobs to provide what we paid for. Please stop using this lame excuse. If you need to hire more people, even full-time employees, to be able to complete promised content, I would expect you to do so.

I also want to offer a specific example that hasn't been mentioned yet, David's Game Predictor. I've been using it as a basic building block of my weekly prep for a long time. Originally it was out Tuesday, usually by mid-afternoon. It started slipping to Wednesday, then in 2015 I got to Thursday and still didn't see it I think two different weeks. Both times I posted on the forum and the content was submitted almost immediately afterwards, as if it had been long completed but overlooked. Last year I'm not sure it was ever posted before Thursday. My posts asking for updated were totally ignored. I'm not sure why you think a feature called Game Predictor can be usefully posted after the first game of the week starts, but that is in fact what happened often. It was a combination of both the poor timing, AND the lack of response that I found so frustrating. Like others have noted, 2016 seemed to mark a substantial change in the level of service.

Thanks for listening. I hope FBG is successful at regrouping and returning to former levels of service.

What is the IDP commitment?  Some of the best content here is IDP, but there is very little actual volume of it.  The IDP forums are barren and there are only two articles I can name off the top of my head, and those do not even get published every week. 

Hi Hank,

Our IDP commitment will be basically the same as it's been for the past years. You can see what we did last year here http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article-list.php?cat=IDP&ref=s

That's basically what we have in mind for this year. We're looking at what we can do with our manpower and have some holes to fill. But the goal will be to have basically the same level of coverage. 

I would like to see more discussion in the IDP forums but it does seem that more people congregate here. 

J

Another long-time subscriber. It's always been an easy decision as the content was very worth the price. This year like many others I'm considering alternatives; I may resubscribe but haven't made a decision yet. I'm going to give two instances of my unhappiness from 2016, not to say FBGs are terrible, but because you're asking for feedback.

I want to comment specifically on the often used explanation for lack of content, delayed timing etc., that the authors have other jobs and so don't always complete their assignments on time. This explanation has always been a problem for me. You guys are charging a price for the service. As with any business, I really only care about getting what I pay for, its really not my problem as to how you produce it. If you have over-promised then you need to cut back to what you can reliably produce. If I said I'd pay you weekly, and then didn't get around to it sometimes because I had other things going on, that wouldn't be acceptable to you. Having been here pretty much since the beginning, that was ok back then when your content stood out for insight and the fantasy business was a lot smaller. These days the industry is huge, there are much better competitors and frankly you charge a lot more than you once did. It's insulting and unprofessional to say you're too busy with day jobs to provide what we paid for. Please stop using this lame excuse. If you need to hire more people, even full-time employees, to be able to complete promised content, I would expect you to do so.

I also want to offer a specific example that hasn't been mentioned yet, David's Game Predictor. I've been using it as a basic building block of my weekly prep for a long time. Originally it was out Tuesday, usually by mid-afternoon. It started slipping to Wednesday, then in 2015 I got to Thursday and still didn't see it I think two different weeks. Both times I posted on the forum and the content was submitted almost immediately afterwards, as if it had been long completed but overlooked. Last year I'm not sure it was ever posted before Thursday. My posts asking for updated were totally ignored. I'm not sure why you think a feature called Game Predictor can be usefully posted after the first game of the week starts, but that is in fact what happened often. It was a combination of both the poor timing, AND the lack of response that I found so frustrating. Like others have noted, 2016 seemed to mark a substantial change in the level of service.

Thanks for listening. I hope FBG is successful at regrouping and returning to former levels of service.

Thanks JAK.

I totally agree on the no excuses. You guys pay for a service, you expect to get it. Period.

I'll look at the Game Predictor schedule for this coming year. We definitely want to hit a consistent release date each week. 

Thanks.

J

This has frequently been the response when people have complained about things being in on time. I agree 100% with this. I have found it insulting that this excuse has been legitimately put forth over the years in response to concerns over the timeliness of articles.

It's good to see Joe is on the same page here, but I can remember specific instances where FGB Staff have said this in the past regarding material being late. Or if a staffer has health issues. I get it, life gets in the way, but maybe don't take on as much or have someone else do it. 

I have long advocated in here that FBG should consider reaching out to forum members and offering a free membership for contributing to a particular service. Maybe nothing crazy in depth but a lot of talent are in these forums and many people echo that they get more from the forums than the subscribed content. I've often thought about starting a thread for injuries, rehab, etc. Just basic educational information to provide people with so they have a baseline to make an educated decision. Great example is Dez Bryant this last year. Many people were on the edge of their seat weekly with him saying he might play. I had offered some insight into actual timelines for bone healing and so forth and many people there appreciated it and had a realistic expectation of when he'd play again. I think this year I will start a thread for injuries and people can ask questions or seek out educational info. I think someone who spends time in sports medicine with injuries and rehab has more to offer than another person who is going off of what they remember from med school. In fact, the research would back me up 100%

This hobby is becoming more of a second job for me as I manage more and more season-long teams every year trying to make more and more money. The main thing I need from FBGs is tools powered by data to help me manage teams as efficiently as possible.

For a fully functioning/powerful myFBG and Classic Draft Dominator powered by your projections and my league data with a subscriber contest or two to boot, I feel like $29.95 is a no brainer for me. 

I have 2 questions:

1) Is end of June the earliest date that I will be able to see the new myFBG? Some feature summaries accompanied by a video or screenshots would be awesome.

2) Does/Will the new myFBG incorporate Bloom's waiver wire ratings in any way?

This hobby is becoming more of a second job for me as I manage more and more season-long teams every year trying to make more and more money. The main thing I need from FBGs is tools powered by data to help me manage teams as efficiently as possible.

For a fully functioning/powerful myFBG and Classic Draft Dominator powered by your projections and my league data with a subscriber contest or two to boot, I feel like $29.95 is a no brainer for me. 

I have 2 questions:

1) Is end of June the earliest date that I will be able to see the new myFBG? Some feature summaries accompanied by a video or screenshots would be awesome.

2) Does/Will the new myFBG incorporate Bloom's waiver wire ratings in any way?

Hi Ourman,

Right now, the end of June is what we're targeting for MyFBG. And yes MyFBG is connected with Sigmund Bloom's waiver wire so you're just seeing the players that are actually available in your league.

J

Want to echo others than a key time for dynasty content is February to May. 

Also Myfbg needs to be tied to MFL in march not after may.  
Would really like to see myfbg tied in with mfl throughout the off-season for those of us in dynasty leagues.  This is a very important time of the season to long term success in dynasty leagues and would be great if we had the ease of our leagues being linked in myfbg like they are in the regular season.

Would really like to see myfbg tied in with mfl throughout the off-season for those of us in dynasty leagues.  This is a very important time of the season to long term success in dynasty leagues and would be great if we had the ease of our leagues being linked in myfbg like they are in the regular season.

Agreed. That's the goal for the future after this year. 

J

Also, on MFL, there is a little bit of housekeeping that has to be done at the end of each year with rolling to a new year but that seems like something that's doable. The plus for MFL is that they're great friends of FBG and will work with us to help I'm sure.

J

Also, on MFL, there is a little bit of housekeeping that has to be done at the end of each year with rolling to a new year but that seems like something that's doable. The plus for MFL is that they're great friends of FBG and will work with us to help I'm sure.

J

I thought that I read somewhere that MFL wasn't going to change the servers or league IDs for leagues going forward.  If that's the case it would make it a lot easier to carry over from season to season.  I would also think that, down the road, the single sign-on might allow the possibility to mass import leagues instead of having to do one at a time.

On the My FBG front, do you foresee the ability to transfer over scoring rules as well as teams?  I imagine that it's limited to what MFL makes available.  But that would be huge if it could be done.  

Been with you guys since it was the free cheatsheets.net or whatever it was way back when. 

As the times change so does the FF world, from when we used to grab a newspaper and compile our scores by hand, to having everything automatically calculated in real time on a web site. Not to mention fantasy turning into a billion dollar business these days It has been quite the trip for sure.

Personally I've moved onto primarily play in dynasty formats and I found with the onset of the DFS this site seemed to be focusing on that aspect and moved away what got you guys started, season long FF. I am biased as I despise the DFS and feel as they have taken the fun out of it and made it into gambling. Yeah I know people win money in 99.9% of the leagues out there, but DFS is meant for gambling, end of story. I am extremely happy to hear you are separating the two and giving us a choice moving forward, this was huge for me.

My question is are you planning on creating a strictly dynasty area for us folks who strictly play this format ? I found the year round info to be lacking and have moved on to other pay sites to get my fix, err I mean info.

silentmark said:
Been with you guys since it was the free cheatsheets.net or whatever it was way back when. 

As the times change so does the FF world, from when we used to grab a newspaper and compile our scores by hand, to having everything automatically calculated in real time on a web site. Not to mention fantasy turning into a billion dollar business these days It has been quite the trip for sure.

Personally I've moved onto primarily play in dynasty formats and I found with the onset of the DFS this site seemed to be focusing on that aspect and moved away what got you guys started, season long FF. I am biased as I despise the DFS and feel as they have taken the fun out of it and made it into gambling. Yeah I know people win money in 99.9% of the leagues out there, but DFS is meant for gambling, end of story. I am extremely happy to hear you are separating the two and giving us a choice moving forward, this was huge for me.

My question is are you planning on creating a strictly dynasty area for us folks who strictly play this format ? I found the year round info to be lacking and have moved on to other pay sites to get my fix, err I mean info.

Hi Slient Mark,

I'm glad to hear you're happy about separating the DFS from the Season Long. I think it make sense as I know there were people like you. We knew we were spending money on DFS content that not everyone would use. This way, people get a choice. Your subscription price this year will be $5 less than it was last year so I know people like that.

For Dynasty, we don't have plans to make it it's own separate area. It's related enough to regular season long that we'll keep it organized as we have as a component of our season long coverage. 

Thanks.

J

wakelawyer said:
I thought that I read somewhere that MFL wasn't going to change the servers or league IDs for leagues going forward.  If that's the case it would make it a lot easier to carry over from season to season.  I would also think that, down the road, the single sign-on might allow the possibility to mass import leagues instead of having to do one at a time.

On the My FBG front, do you foresee the ability to transfer over scoring rules as well as teams?  I imagine that it's limited to what MFL makes available.  But that would be huge if it could be done.  

Hi Slient Mark,

I'm glad to hear you're happy about separating the DFS from the Season Long. I think it make sense as I know there were people like you. We knew we were spending money on DFS content that not everyone would use. This way, people get a choice. Your subscription price this year will be $5 less than it was last year so I know people like that.

For Dynasty, we don't have plans to make it it's own separate area. It's related enough to regular season long that we'll keep it organized as we have as a component of our season long coverage. 

Thanks.

J

Cool. We'll dig into what's possible for carrying over with MFL towards the end of this 2017 season. For carrying over scoring rules, I can't make any promises but it's in the conversation there. Thanks.

J

Thanks.

J
Just a suggestion, but you might want to consider kicking around a single cutoff date for refunds rather than a rolling 30 days (at least for subscriptions bought pre-season).  You encourage early bird subscribers to do so in April and May, but then say the MyFBG will (hopefully) be available at the end of June.  So, those who subscribe early are shafted if the MyFBG app doesn't come out or is as "valuable" as last year.  Those who subscribe early should at least have until sometime into the season (even if it's only a week or two) or the guarantee is meaningless.

What's the refund policy for people that purchased three years at a time?  When does the 30 day window start for that?
We no longer offer multi year subscriptions. But if you're in a multi year subscription and request a refund, we just cancel and refund the pro rated amount left on your subscription. 

J

I sent this email to support but never received a reply so I will try here:

I'm still very disappointed that the My FBG issues were never resolved last season. I have been a subscriber for years now and the main reason is because of the My FBG content. 
Two things:
Will this get resolved this year?
Can I get a refund or an additional year extension to my multi year subscription if it is going to be fixed or a complete refund if it is not fixed?

I sent this email to support but never received a reply so I will try here:

I'm still very disappointed that the My FBG issues were never resolved last season. I have been a subscriber for years now and the main reason is because of the My FBG content. 
Two things:
Will this get resolved this year?
Can I get a refund or an additional year extension to my multi year subscription if it is going to be fixed or a complete refund if it is not fixed?

Sorry to hear this wasn't resolved for you dmac. I'm not sure what happened as we use Zendesk for our Customer Service structure and it's usually good for that.

Our plan is to absolutely have MyFBG working smoothly for 2017. We don't have any free subscriptions to offer but if you're on a multi year subscription, you can send our Clayton Gray an email at gray@footballguys.com and request to cancel your subscription and receive a refund for however many years are left on the subscription. 

Thanks.

J

Hey Guys,

I hear the folks asking for more than a 30 Day Moneyback Guarantee so they can have a chance to buy now at the Early Bird Loyalty Discount but try out the MyFBG.

Here's what I can do for you: We won't be changing the stated policy on the website but for you guys on the board here, we'll extend our Money Back Guarantee to be 30 Days after MyFBG goes live on the site. Currently, we're targeting June 30 for having MyFBG ready. So that would mean folks would have until the end of July and a full 30 days to see how MyFBG worked with your league. If we have MyFBG ready earlier, it'll be 30 days from whenever the live version is ready. That way you can be sure of how it works.

So what that practically means is you could buy today at the Early Bird Loyalty discount and have about 120 days to get your money back assuming MyFBG was ready June 30. 

Which brings me to another point, we'll have some MyFBG beta versions ready before then. If anyone would like to get a sneak peek of the beta versions and help us see what's broken and where we need work on things, stay tuned here as we'll have more info on that soon. What I'm talking about on the 30 Day Moneyback Guarantee though is 30 days from when the live version is ready, not the Beta versions. 

Thanks.

J

Sorry to hear this wasn't resolved for you dmac. I'm not sure what happened as we use Zendesk for our Customer Service structure and it's usually good for that.

Our plan is to absolutely have MyFBG working smoothly for 2017. We don't have any free subscriptions to offer but if you're on a multi year subscription, you can send our Clayton Gray an email at gray@footballguys.com and request to cancel your subscription and receive a refund for however many years are left on the subscription. 

Thanks.

J
Joe,

Thanks for the reply. If it is fixed and functions like it has for me for years I would prefer to continue. I also feel that I should get a 1 year refund or extension to my multi year subscription being that MyFBG was useless for the entire year. Does that sound fair and do I still go through Clayton?

Joe,

Thanks for the reply. If it is fixed and functions like it has for me for years I would prefer to continue. I also feel that I should get a 1 year refund or extension to my multi year subscription being that MyFBG was useless for the entire year. Does that sound fair and do I still go through Clayton?

Hi dmac,

Thanks. As I said, I'm sorry but we don't have any free subscriptions to add for folks. If you'd like to cancel your subscription, you can let Clayton know and he can process a refund for the remaining time you have left. 

J

And dmac, I'd love to get your feedback on the beta version of MyFBG when it's ready. Getting feedback from you folks that are power users will be super helpful. Stay tuned here for details on when the beta version is ready. Thanks.

J

Any chance we can get a politics forum? It's really annoying having to sort through all the political threads to find FOOTBALL content on the FOOTBALLguys forums. Or maybe get rid of the political threads all together,

Any chance we can get a politics forum? It's really annoying having to sort through all the political threads to find FOOTBALL content on the FOOTBALLguys forums. Or maybe get rid of the political threads all together,
The lack of moderation in some of those threads is criminal.

for the articles pages (the off-season article page is a good example) can each article somehow have the "date published" next to it?

I checked in there for the first time in a week and it's hard to remember what I've actually read already or not.

For a site that produces a pretty prolific amount of articles, it would be great to make it easier for folks to know what's "new" since the last time they've checked (or, as I said, at least attached a date to the article on the index page).

thanks

Hankmoody said:
You can start in the Kaepernick and Mixon threads.  That'll keep you hoppin'.
Thanks. Please use the report button to let us know the specific posts you see that are over the line. That's way more helpful than trying to be able to read every post of every thread. Thanks.

J

Hey Joe,

Thanks for having this post as I think you can tell that MyFBGs is something that a lot of us love and are passionate about making sure it is the best it can be for the coming year.

I recently upgraded my MFL league to the 2017 version.

Prior to that I was able to highlight players by teams when I would go to FBGs Forecast > Dynasty Rankings and selected MyFBG's MFL link.

I have tried syncing rosters, unlinking and relinking the league and it still seems to be pulling the rosters from the 2016 MFL league link.

I know that MFL did things with the way their site operates, so I don't know if that is causing problems with MyFBG trying to pull the rosters from MFL 2017 rosters.

Just wanted to point it out if you are not aware that was going on.

Let me know if you need more detailed info to describe the problem and if you have a workable solution.

Thanks 

Joe et al,

I have been a paying subscriber back to the cheatsheets.net days!  Things have changed a lot since then...

I like to reiterate some of the comments that most impact me:  dynasty content, getting early projection on Tuesday afternoon (and all the rest of the content delivered consistently at the same time each week).

I like that you have opened up this thread to listen to you customers.  I know some other football sites also have a VIP forum that is only accessible if you are a subscriber - maybe this is a useful consideration for Footballguys?  My thought is that this forum could be used throughout the "active" season to publish any issues or concerns and also to provide responses.  Or, you could use the forum to provide any general content that you want to share solely with subscribers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread