What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Footballguys for 2017 - New Stuff / Ask Questions Here (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi John,

We have two sets of rankings here that are current as of 3/10, with another 3/5 and one 2/14. http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/viewrankings.php?viewpos=qb&type=dynasty&howrecent=35   Some people are having trouble seeing the content and we're working on what is up there. And for sure, nothing is being imagined, all our content is right here for dynasty http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article-list.php?cat=dynasty&ref=s

For content, we'll do our best to stay consistent. But to your example, buy low, sell high was part of that change. In 2015, we had some scattered buy low / sell high features. For last season, we had 3 weekly features in weeks 14, 15 and 16 all more in a consistent format covering each position. We thought that approach in 2016 was a more consistent way to approach it.

But we can always do better so thanks for your feedback there. And we always need old guys. We have to stick together... ;)

I'll move off of this after this because I do think the MyFBG and other questions are more important.  But the rankings last year, in season, were grim.  I don't care too much if 4 guys are current right now in the offseason before the draft.  I care more about mid season when I pay to have content.

Again, well documented by many users last year.  

I'll move off of this after this because I do think the MyFBG and other questions are more important.  But the rankings last year, in season, were grim.  I don't care too much if 4 guys are current right now in the offseason before the draft.  I care more about mid season when I pay to have content.

Again, well documented by many users last year.  

Thanks Johnb

J

The subscriber page listed articles/content that would come out each day of the week.

When those days came, and the content was nowhere to be found, the listings would disappear.

This occurred VERY frequently.

We have a GIANT staff of people that work for us.  For most, it is not their full-time gig.  They own the articles that are to be published on a weekly basis.  In the perfect world, everything they promise gets delivered on time.  That is certainly our expectation.  But in the real world, stuff does happen.  We don't have a team of standbys willing to write a piece that a staffer told us on Wednesday he was not going to be able to get it done.  We take this very seriously.  We know it's a hit against our credibility.  But when you are producing nearly 150 things a week, we are going to occasionally mess up.  

Joe, I have to echo the concerns with respect to dynasty content. I cannot pinpoint the exact articles but suffice it to say there were regular and multiple occasions where articles were listed but never materialized. Regular updated dynasty rankings in season were rare and did not have much thought put into them. I believe the dynasty community is fairly significant and suggest a little more oversight in this area would be beneficial to you and your subscription renewal goals.

For the price though, you won't see me suggesting I am going anywhere else. Overall value is clear!

I see what you're saying. Do you remember what specific articles they were? I don't recall what articles this might have happened to but that's definitely something we want to avoid. I know there are times when we'll drop an article if the content is redundant to a previous article. But we need to be clear about what we're doing there.

J
This was a weekly occurrence and not just specific articles but a large number of them.  And it was posted in many threads that seemed to be frequented by staff members.

Which goes back to your question to me about the customer service here on the message board.  I understand that email is the main way to contact staff, however, when you would start a thread such as this, ask for feedback, and then not pop in after a while, the impression was given that you didn't really care about the questions that were being asked.  Simon was there on a regular basis for a time trying to answer questions that he really couldn't and only occasionally would someone pop in to address everyone.

In the past, you guys seemed more present here on the boards and responded with more frequency.  I don't think anyone is expecting you guys to be here daily or even weekly, but if there's an issue, especially a MAJOR issue like MyFBG last year, and you're not around nearly as much as before, that comes across poorly.

And, going along with that, knowing it was an issue should have prompted an email to all letting us know what the issue was and what was being done about it.  There remained weekly issues that it wasn't working and yet nothing ever came out about it in an email despite weekly Random Shots coming out as if everything was business as normal.  Even now, early bird subscriptions are up to purchase and yet we had to ask what's going on for this year.  I would think a preemptive "this is what the plan is for this year, please come back" would be a good idea.  Maybe those expectations are too high, but I don't think the time commitment to what I'm asking/expecting is that high and seems like something that used to happen here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe, I have to echo the concerns with respect to dynasty content. I cannot pinpoint the exact articles but suffice it to say there were regular and multiple occasions where articles were listed but never materialized. Regular updated dynasty rankings in season were rare and did not have much thought put into them. I believe the dynasty community is fairly significant and suggest a little more oversight in this area would be beneficial to you and your subscription renewal goals.

For the price though, you won't see me suggesting I am going anywhere else. Overall value is clear!

Great suggestion on the oversite to the Dynasty area.  We will assign that and make sure the content is getting done as promised.

We have a GIANT staff of people that work for us.  For most, it is not their full-time gig.  They own the articles that are to be published on a weekly basis.  In the perfect world, everything they promise gets delivered on time.  That is certainly our expectation.  But in the real world, stuff does happen.  We don't have a team of standbys willing to write a piece that a staffer told us on Wednesday he was not going to be able to get it done.  We take this very seriously.  We know it's a hit against our credibility.  But when you are producing nearly 150 things a week, we are going to occasionally mess up.  
This occurred VERY frequently, if not every single week, not occasionally.

This occurred VERY frequently, if not every single week, not occasionally.
I can't go backwards and correct 2016, but we will assign Clayton the task of briefing Joe and I regarding every piece pulled for the previous week going forward.

Our expectation is to deliver everything promised every week.

It wasn't occasionally and it was rarely (close to never) explained.

I see what you're saying. Do you remember what specific articles they were? I don't recall what articles this might have happened to but that's definitely something we want to avoid. I know there are times when we'll drop an article if the content is redundant to a previous article. But we need to be clear about what we're doing there.

J
There were 2 main columns for the Dynasty crowd being published every other week (one by Hindery and one by Harstad). Basically we would get an article each week giving us a feel for Dynasty players movement. After the first month of the season I would bet that the articles were removed from the calendar on Sunday mornings more often than they were actually published. If these articles were published even once a month it wouldn't have been so bad that the staff didn't update the dynasty rankings, but Dynasty players were left without any idea on Dynasty movement for long periods of time last year.

Love FBGs, but the Dynasty output last year was a disaster.

This was a weekly occurrence and not just specific articles but a large number of them.  And it was posted in many threads that seemed to be frequented by staff members.

Which goes back to your question to me about the customer service here on the message board.  I understand that email is the main way to contact staff, however, when you would start a thread such as this, ask for feedback, and then not pop in after a while, the impression was given that you didn't really care about the questions that were being asked.  Simon was there on a regular basis for a time trying to answer questions that he really couldn't and only occasionally would someone pop in to address everyone.

In the past, you guys seemed more present here on the boards and responded with more frequency.  I don't think anyone is expecting you guys to be here daily or even weekly, but if there's an issue, especially a MAJOR issue like MyFBG last year, and you're not around nearly as much as before, that comes across poorly.

And, going along with that, knowing it was an issue should have prompted an email to all letting us know what the issue was and what was being done about it.  There remained weekly issues that it wasn't working and yet nothing ever came out about it in an email despite weekly Random Shots coming out as if everything was business as normal.  Even now, early bird subscriptions are up to purchase and yet we had to ask what's going on for this year.  I would think a preemptive "this is what the plan is for this year, please come back" would be a good idea.  Maybe those expectations are too high, but I don't think the time commitment to what I'm asking/expecting is that high and seems like something that used to happen here.

Thanks.

I'll do everything I can to make sure we don't post articles as promised and not deliver them. I agree wholeheartedly that's not what we want to do.

Please help me here though, the first time you see that happen, please email me at bryant@footballguys.com. If I don't reply back, please try again as it means it's buried somewhere in the few hundred emails I get a day. But bottom line is we definitely do not want to ever promise a feature during the week and then not deliver on it unless there is some excellent reason. Thanks.

J

Today is a typical reason how their product has gone down hill.  My waivers run tonight.  I typically use the Waiver report, 10 sec primer and custom 200 going forward to make decisions on waivers and trade offers.  For the first 5 weeks those reports were always available early on Tuesday.  Here it is 4pm and they are still not available and I haven't heard any reason why.  So now I will do my waivers/trade offers without the info that I paid for.

Mistakes & delays can happen.  They just seem to happen with this service often and there isn't any explanation given.  It just shows up late.

Ah weekly syncing issues going into Week 8. Fun stuff!

So I've tried Edge and Chrome and both times when I go to sync, it tells me to register for a Pro account.

This is so ridiculous that this is still happening and the season is half way over. Awesome!

Edit: Just tried it from my phone and a no go from mobile Safari either.

Hi Footballguy.
Your request (7702) has been received and we've got our guys looking at this for you. We know nobody's got time to be having problems - especially with Fantasy Football.

I'm not sure how it's possible to not respond to a documented system ticket but there you go. 

Haven't been able to sync for weeks on the Iphone, also gave up.  I click Sync and it's just a white screen.

Glad we're in Week 14 and there's still issues with syncing

Still not syncing even with Chrome.

@Joe Bryant

This is all from the "Joe Needs Your Help" thread that you started (and I only posted a few examples...there were plenty more).  Yet, for the bulk of the season, as you can see from the quotes above, things didn't work for pretty much the whole year but the last time you posted there was September.  Do you realize how that can be construed as a lack of customer service?  And people were emailing as they should, but in general the whole system didn't work all season long and there wasn't much of an acknowledgment beyond the initial period about it. 

Thanks Gian. I agree I should have been clear there. Once I started the thread, we got a ton of much needed info and then we created the detailed FAQ with customer service channel through zendesk where all requests could be handled. But that was a mistake on my part not to be super clear. I should have locked the thread in September and then included a link to the FAQ / Customer service page as that was the solution to try and manage the customer servive. My error.

But for sure, we have to move everything to a system like that that is structured so people can ask questions and get timely help. We will do better there and make sure we move from a system where the forums are the help desk. That's on us to be more clear and we can do that.

Thanks.

J

Finally, please don't misconstrue my posts in here as "FBG sucks". 

But, having been here for 10 yrs, there was a definite change in how things were presented and how things were done from years past.  There's always been bugs or things that may not have worked well, but everyone was still happy with the product and the service.  Last year, in MULTIPLE threads, was the first time I EVER saw so many people saying they had no interest in returning.  It was pretty widespread.  Now, I have no idea if that will show up in your subscription numbers this year or not (or if it showed up in numbers of refunds requested last year), but there was a definite change last year and why so many want to know what to expect this year. 

I think people here want nothing more than to get things back to how things used to be around here from a quality standpoint.  If people didn't want things to improve, they wouldn't even bother to post here and would just leave and take their money elsewhere. 

But, having been here for 10 yrs, there was a definite change in how things were presented and how things were done from years past.  There's always been bugs or things that may not have worked well, but everyone was still happy with the product and the service.  Last year, in MULTIPLE threads, was the first time I EVER saw so many people saying they had no interest in returning.  It was pretty widespread.  Now, I have no idea if that will show up in your subscription numbers this year or not (or if it showed up in numbers of refunds requested last year), but there was a definite change last year and why so many want to know what to expect this year. 

I think people here want nothing more than to get things back to how things used to be around here from a quality standpoint.  If people didn't want things to improve, they wouldn't even bother to post here and would just leave and take their money elsewhere. 

Thanks  gian,

I know you're not saying "fbg sucks". No worries. Some love saying that but I know that's not you. Part of why last year was so hard and why people were so upset is for the very reason you say - they love the product. I get it for sure. If people didn't care, they'd just move on. Thanks for the constructive feedback. 

J

Given dynasty rankings have been an ongoing issue for the last season (and arguably the year before), you may want to consider having specific performance targets for your regular dynasty ranking writers (weekly, bi-weekly, etc.) so subscribers know what to expect. Throw in some commentary for the players that have been adjusted from the last update and I'm certain that would appease the majority of us dynasty junkies.

On that note, what is your refund policy IF I do decide to give you guys money again, and things go south again?

Given dynasty rankings have been an ongoing issue for the last season (and arguably the year before), you may want to consider having specific performance targets for your regular dynasty ranking writers (weekly, bi-weekly, etc.) so subscribers know what to expect. Throw in some commentary for the players that have been adjusted from the last update and I'm certain that would appease the majority of us dynasty junkies.

Thanks Atomic,

I agree. Let me work on that this week.

J

Well, I've offered criticism in one of the other thread in a general business sense, so I'll offer kudos here for taking ownership and reaching out on a one to one basis.  I'll be watching carefully since I'd actually like to be captured as a paying member again.

I've been a FBG subscriber and member of the shark pool back to 2002 or 2003 maybe longer. You guys have grown the business a lot since then. Managing growth is not easy.  I gotta give you props for connecting with your customers like this. Good luck as you continue to evolve. Thank you for your time here today. Customers can be fickle.  

You can count me as someone who would be grateful to see more in the way of dynasty related content all year long. It seemed that during last season during the NFL regular season, the dynasty content was uninspiring or just sort of meh. Not bad, but not great either. Updating in season rankings with commentary from a majority of your contributors might be a good place to make an easy improvement.  

That noted, again, let me reiterate my admiration for how you gentlemen are attempting to connect with your customers here today. Thank you for taking the time. 

I've been a FBG subscriber and member of the shark pool back to 2002 or 2003 maybe longer. You guys have grown the business a lot since then. Managing growth is not easy.  I gotta give you props for connecting with your customers like this. Good luck as you continue to evolve. Thank you for your time here today. Customers can be fickle.  

You can count me as someone who would be grateful to see more in the way of dynasty related content all year long. It seemed that during last season during the NFL regular season, the dynasty content was uninspiring or just sort of meh. Not bad, but not great either. Updating in season rankings with commentary from a majority of your contributors might be a good place to make an easy improvement.  

That noted, again, let me reiterate my admiration for how you gentlemen are attempting to connect with your customers here today. Thank you for taking the time. 

Much thanks.

J

What we published is all here. http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article-list.php?cat=dynasty&ref=s  There isn't any rug to sweep it under.

J
http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=16perfectdraftppr12

Quote from above: "This is the first of a multi-part series. The other versions will be 12-team (non-PPR), 14-team (PPR), 10-team (PPR), Auction (PPR), and FPC formats."

These were the only ones I found posted:

Revised: Perfect Draft - 12 Team PPR - Dodds (8/24)

Perfect Draft - 12 Team Non-PPR - Dodds (8/24)

Perfect Draft - 12 Team PPR - Dodds (8/6)

What happened to the articles for "14-team (PPR), 10-team (PPR), Auction (PPR), and FPC formats"?

Thanks for your hard work. I find the Perfect Draft Articles incredibly useful so that's why I seem to be asking about their release (or lack thereof) every year.

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=16perfectdraftppr12

Quote from above: "This is the first of a multi-part series. The other versions will be 12-team (non-PPR), 14-team (PPR), 10-team (PPR), Auction (PPR), and FPC formats."

What happened to the articles for "14-team (PPR), 10-team (PPR), Auction (PPR), and FPC formats"?

Thanks for your hard work. I find the Perfect Draft Articles incredibly useful so that's why I seem to be asking about their release (or lack thereof) every year.

Thanks Lehigh. Agreed, we've got to make sure we deliver on what we lay out from the start. 

J

Update - sorry guys. I just talked to Keith and the glitch for not being able to see the Dynasty Rankings for people with a free Insider account is taking longer than we thought. He's got about 10 pages to go through line by line to see what's causing it. Hope to have it ready here soon. Thanks and apologies for the trouble there. 

J

David Dodds said:
got it - We are assigning Clayton Gray to brief Joe and I weekly going forward as to features that were dropped from the initial weekly splash page.
  So who will then be fulfilling the functions that he used perform ???? I feel that this is a question that was never asked during the staff discussions when you guys talked about putting expanded focus on DFS and other new features etc... in previous years

Can't seem to find how long I have been a member, but originally was a lurker for the IDP content. Was about '99/2000 or so that I went from small redrafts (12 team) to Dynasty/Keeper leagues and IDPs and shifted into larger leagues (16 and 32 teams). Looks like I first started paying for the extra features in '08. Thought I had earlier than that, but nothing shows on "My Profile". It shows that my payments have been in June/July, so that must have been when I needed to update my memberships to see the newest/latest rankings. Now, I am the same as many others have posted that I can't see anything, My FBG, Rankings, etc.... though I paid for a 3 year membership/subscription in July. Just get the top 5 in ranks.

Over the years that I have been paying for the features, mostly using the Dynasty Rankings and Draft Buddy for GUIDANCE only. NOT to tell me what to do. Never knew about the MY FBG until last years "Christmas in July" thread. Having never used it before I am not able to comment on previous years functions as compared to last years, but I sure liked many of the functions it had. Especially the ability to quickly switch from 1 league to another. I used the "Classic" version.

Draft Buddy and Jene's Tiered Rookie exel sheets have been my favorites and most used content for the years I have been here. Jene's sheet, I save to exel and do my own adjustments for league size, personal rankings, and team tendencies. I really use this to trade  into areas where I think I can get the players that I am targeting. The Draft Buddy I use as a comparator that the order the players will be selected by my opponents at given positions.

The rankings I use mostly to assess values for trading purposes, which is why I have been trying to access them for the last couple days and found that I have been locked out of them. I found the Draft Buddy to be absolutely USELESS last year and almost feel I should be granted a free year subscription because of that. The filters that I have always used in the past would not work, I could not save to exel to install my own filters, and I sure as hell was not going to scroll through 100 or more vets (not worth a roster spot) to try and locate a given rookie. I understand that you guys wished to add an APP so people could do a lot of stuff with their cellphones, but at the cost of destroying the usabilities of a computer/laptop is a virtual deal breaker to me. Would you buy a car without a gas pedal because the "Cruise Control" does that now ?? I wouldn't.

Again, as mentioned in the 1st paragraph I think that when considering adding new functions or adding new responsibilities to various staff members a lot more thought should be put into "What are we going to LOSE" by doing this.

Lehigh98 said:

I definitely let people down on the Perfect Drafts.  All hell was breaking loose on the servers, MyFBG, etc in late August that chewed up a lot of our time.  I will definitely complete them all no matter what in 2017.  The goal will be to get them all done in the first ten days of August.

So who will then be fulfilling the functions that he used perform ???? I feel that this is a question that was never asked during the staff discussions when you guys talked about putting expanded focus on DFS and other new features etc... in previous years

Can't seem to find how long I have been a member, but originally was a lurker for the IDP content. Was about '99/2000 or so that I went from small redrafts (12 team) to Dynasty/Keeper leagues and IDPs and shifted into larger leagues (16 and 32 teams). Looks like I first started paying for the extra features in '08. Thought I had earlier than that, but nothing shows on "My Profile". It shows that my payments have been in June/July, so that must have been when I needed to update my memberships to see the newest/latest rankings. Now, I am the same as many others have posted that I can't see anything, My FBG, Rankings, etc.... though I paid for a 3 year membership/subscription in July. Just get the top 5 in ranks.

Over the years that I have been paying for the features, mostly using the Dynasty Rankings and Draft Buddy for GUIDANCE only. NOT to tell me what to do. Never knew about the MY FBG until last years "Christmas in July" thread. Having never used it before I am not able to comment on previous years functions as compared to last years, but I sure liked many of the functions it had. Especially the ability to quickly switch from 1 league to another. I used the "Classic" version.

Draft Buddy and Jene's Tiered Rookie exel sheets have been my favorites and most used content for the years I have been here. Jene's sheet, I save to exel and do my own adjustments for league size, personal rankings, and team tendencies. I really use this to trade  into areas where I think I can get the players that I am targeting. The Draft Buddy I use as a comparator that the order the players will be selected by my opponents at given positions.

The rankings I use mostly to assess values for trading purposes, which is why I have been trying to access them for the last couple days and found that I have been locked out of them. I found the Draft Buddy to be absolutely USELESS last year and almost feel I should be granted a free year subscription because of that. The filters that I have always used in the past would not work, I could not save to exel to install my own filters, and I sure as hell was not going to scroll through 100 or more vets (not worth a roster spot) to try and locate a given rookie. I understand that you guys wished to add an APP so people could do a lot of stuff with their cellphones, but at the cost of destroying the usabilities of a computer/laptop is a virtual deal breaker to me. Would you buy a car without a gas pedal because the "Cruise Control" does that now ?? I wouldn't.

Again, as mentioned in the 1st paragraph I think that when considering adding new functions or adding new responsibilities to various staff members a lot more thought should be put into "What are we going to LOSE" by doing this.

Thanks Chasers,

You're right in that one always has to make sure tasks can be added without affecting other stuff but we can get that done without affecting Clayton's work. Thanks.

J

Have you guys considered changing the refund policy for just this year? It is usually money back guaranteed up to 30 days after purchase. As a show of good faith, why not offer a limited refund or maybe a free subscription in 2018 on top of the 30 day money back, if people are still having the same issues this year.(Dynasty rankings, MyFBG, missing articles etc) Maybe set a deadline of the start of the NFL season. I am just throwing an idea out there, maybe you or other people in the thread could perfect it or change something around.

Have you guys considered changing the refund policy for just this year? It is usually money back guaranteed up to 30 days after purchase. As a show of good faith, why not offer a limited refund or maybe a free subscription in 2018 on top of the 30 day money back, if people are still having the same issues this year.(Dynasty rankings, MyFBG, missing articles etc) Maybe set a deadline of the start of the NFL season. I am just throwing an idea out there, maybe you or other people in the thread could perfect it or change something around.

Thanks for the idea. Our plan though is to stick with the 30 day money back guarantee. We're unique for most sites in even having a money back guarantee. Thanks.

J

Bronco Billy said:
Well, I've offered criticism in one of the other thread in a general business sense, so I'll offer kudos here for taking ownership and reaching out on a one to one basis.  I'll be watching carefully since I'd actually like to be captured as a paying member again.
This is true for me as well. I voted with my wallet this year and I've been critical of FBG here. I think seeing Dodds and Joe in here is encouraging. I'll be interested to see how things look come July/August

thanks Joe and David for taking the time to address a lot of concerns

This is true for me as well. I voted with my wallet this year and I've been critical of FBG here. I think seeing Dodds and Joe in here is encouraging. I'll be interested to see how things look come July/August

thanks Joe and David for taking the time to address a lot of concerns

Thank you Dr. Brew. We don't have a business without you guys. 

J

Thanks for the idea. Our plan though is to stick with the 30 day money back guarantee. We're unique for most sites in even having a money back guarantee. Thanks.

J
Joe,

The MAJOR issue from last year that you've acknowledged was the broken MyFBG. It's the primary reason I subscribe.  You've given an update that it SHOULD be up and running in June. 

But if I subscribe now and this thing still isn't working by season start, then what? 30 day window is up? If you guys are confident it'll be up and running good as before, then it shouldn't be an issue to offer refunds at that time in case it's not, no? 

I personally won't subscribe until MyFBG is back unless I know there is recourse if it isn't.  I appreciate the response today but knowing what the plan was is only part of it.  I can't imagine I'm alone in that.

Joe,

The MAJOR issue from last year that you've acknowledged was the broken MyFBG. It's the primary reason I subscribe.  You've given an update that it SHOULD be up and running in June. 

But if I subscribe now and this thing still isn't working by season start, then what? 30 day window is up? If you guys are confident it'll be up and running good as before, then it shouldn't be an issue to offer refunds at that time in case it's not, no? 

I personally won't subscribe until MyFBG is back unless I know there is recourse if it isn't.  I appreciate the response today but knowing what the plan was is only part of it.  I can't imagine I'm alone in that.

Thanks. I understand for sure what you're saying. Thanks.

J

clicked on the MFL link on my Pro Page, then went to my 2017 MFL league, purchased it and discount WAS applied......THANKS

Spike said:
In regard to dynasty (and, I would assume, keeper leagues), I would like to suggest that's almost too late to open up the doors.  A non-insignificant percentage of those leagues start their annual rookie drafts almost immediately after the NFL Draft.  Any delay would make much of that information obsolete once it came out as it would be too late for it to be of value.
This.

The NFL Draft is super important to Dynasty leagues. I would think that with any commitment to Dynasty, you'd be all over this - post-combine thoughts, multiple pre-draft rankings, post draft rankings, thoughts on players, etc. Especially because most dynasty leagues start their rookie drafts immediately following the NFL draft. Coming out with an article Monday night after the draft is too late to be useful to a lot of us. 

This.

The NFL Draft is super important to Dynasty leagues. I would think that with any commitment to Dynasty, you'd be all over this - post-combine thoughts, multiple pre-draft rankings, post draft rankings, thoughts on players, etc. Especially because most dynasty leagues start their rookie drafts immediately following the NFL draft. Coming out with an article Monday night after the draft is too late to be useful to a lot of us. 

Agreed. David said, "open the doors" as that's sort of the traditional kickoff but the reality is the doors are wide open right now. We don't ever shut the doors now. We've got solid Dynasty Content now and more on the way. http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=offseason2017menu

J

Would it be possible to put a date and time on the pre-season and weekly rankings as to when they were last updated? That would be helpful

Keith said the rankings should now be viewable by anyone with a free Insider account. Let me know if that's not the case.

J

Would it be possible to put a date and time on the pre-season and weekly rankings as to when they were last updated? That would be helpful
I agree it would be helpful. The Expert Rankings are sorted by date they were put in but I'm not sure what we can do for the Stat Projections. Let me check.

J

Want to echo others than a key time for dynasty content is February to May. 

Also Myfbg needs to be tied to MFL in march not after may.  

Joe Bryant said:
Hi Dr. Brew,

Several years ago, we had some problems with timing and getting features out on time as promised. We went to work on that changed multiple systems taking out bottlenecks in some places and adding staff in others. Like having Maurile Tremblay do early forecasts for example. Since then, I'm not aware of any features we've had trouble hitting dates on. But it's something we continue to try and improve. There's always the balance between quality and time. It would be feasibly possible to have full projections out Monday at 6 am. But they'd be terrible as so many things are unknown. We could have great projections ready for you Sunday morning at 12:30. But they'd be pretty useless if that was our first cut right before kickoff. We think we've hit the balance about right where we are. Although as people know who watch closely, the value of our early projections is sometimes something I question as things (and values) change so much during the week. But bottom line, I think what we're doing now on schedule is about right.
I think being both on time and of the right quality is equally important. I will offer up the same suggestion I've made in your survey: start doing fewer things, so you can do them better. The variety of content is mind-boggling, but some of it has turned into a "mail it in" type effort - very shallow, and with very little value. I believe you could easily cut 1/3 to 1/2 of the things you publish today - and then concentrate the resources/time you would free up on the things that matter to most subscribers. I am happy to offer my feedback on each item of content, if you find it valuable.

David Dodds said:
This is precisely my point. Stop producing this many things a week. Produce 100, 50, whatever the critical minimum is - but do it outstandingly well. Your branding is morphing from being consistently excellent to being unpredictably average. I know its likely not reflected in the bottom line, yet - but it always catches up, eventually. Better to fix this now, IMHO.

This is precisely my point. Stop producing this many things a week. Produce 100, 50, whatever the critical minimum is - but do it outstandingly well. Your branding is morphing from being consistently excellent to being unpredictably average. I know its likely not reflected in the bottom line, yet - but it always catches up, eventually. Better to fix this now, IMHO.

Thanks for the feedback there Genester. It's definitely a constant thing we have to watch about quantity and quality. I hear you for sure and thanks for the feedback.

J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread