What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FootballGuys Post Combine Mock Draft (1 Viewer)

Buffalo Bills select Gerald Sensabaugh, S, North Carolina

6'1", 216lb

He was a JC transfer who played 3 years at East Tennessee State and once blocked 3 punts in 1 game. He transferred to North Carolina in January 2004 after ETSU dropped its football program and had a great senior season. Was UNC's defensive MVP and a big hitter. As you would expect from someone with his background, he doesn’t have great technique and is pretty raw. However, he is blessed with excellent athleticism and speed. He turned a lot of heads at the combine with the top vertical jump (46-inch), top broad jump (11-1), and was the fastest safety with an official 4.50 forty with an explosive 10 yard split time of 1.56.

Pierson Prioleau was already cut, and Coy Wire may also be released for cap reasons. The Bills are in good shape with Milloy and Vincent as their starting safety tandem, but quality depth is needed. Sensabaugh should also be able to contribute on special teams right away while learning behind the two vets.

I PM'ed my picks to Dolfan. I'll check the message board in the morning before I drive back to Florida from Michigan. TPC here I come!

Jacksonville - Adam Snyder OT OregonAlthough there is some debate about whether he'll play guard or tackle in the NFL, Snyder has the size to do either (6-6 325). Snyder had a so-so combine with a lsow 40 time but a decent three-cone drill. He scored a 27 on the Wonderlic. The Jags have a need for someone to come in and compete at LT with Pearson. There is also a need for OL depth. E. Salaam was horrible after Pearson was hurt. Both guards struggled last year as they played with injury.

Cleveland selects C Houston, RB Tenn

I can't believe that he is still here.

With doubts about William Green's future with the team, Cleveland solidifys the backup RB spot with someone who might even challenge for the starting role.
Question for Cleveland...Where did you acquire this pick in terms of draft order? I didn't have you donw with anymore selections after Dustin Fox.

Up above it says it's from Denver.

Is this for Gerard Warren???
Exactamundo
Gotcha...forgot about that. gracias...Then my question is why does Seattle get a pick? Where did they get the second 4th rounder?

EDIT: Here's the problem. The 4th rounder the Browns got from Denver was in turn traded to Seattle for Trent Dilfer. So the browns can't draft Houston...

Last edited by a moderator:
From a BPA standpoint...I'd say Seattle should go with Terrence Murphy WR; Texas A&M.Anyone second that? third, fourth & fifth?

From a BPA standpoint...I'd say Seattle should go with Terrence Murphy WR; Texas A&M.

Anyone second that? third, fourth & fifth?
unreal that this guy was still available this late....

I'm interested in how you find Ruud to grade out better than Crowder. I haven't seen anything in line with that statement.

Also, why Ruud over Odell Thurman?

I like the selection, just interested in your logic.

Thanks,

Colin
Here is what the draft guru has to say on the subject.matt (omak, wa): Mel, Barrett Ruud to the pats at 32?

Mel Kiper: (2:34 PM ET ) Yes, I've had him there thinking the Pats have to get younger. If they want to reach a little bit, they could take him at 32 but more than likely he'll go second round. He is the best inside linebacker in the draft.

4.26 DT Ronald Fields, Mississippi StateThe Jets need a young, bit DT and they found him in Fields. Playing alonside John Abraham, Shaun Ellis and Dewayne Robertson, the Jets don't need a playmaker at the second DT spot. What they need is a guy that will take up space, and Fields fits the bill at 320 lbs. This is a pretty good spot for Fields to get drafted, and he'll benefit from playing along the Jets playmakers. Fields is strong against the run, and he'll battle Josh Evans for playing time in training camp this year.

4.26 DT Ronald Fields, Mississippi State

The Jets need a young, bit DT and they found him in Fields. Playing alonside John Abraham, Shaun Ellis and Dewayne Robertson, the Jets don't need a playmaker at the second DT spot. What they need is a guy that will take up space, and Fields fits the bill at 320 lbs. This is a pretty good spot for Fields to get drafted, and he'll benefit from playing along the Jets playmakers. Fields is strong against the run, and he'll battle Josh Evans for playing time in training camp this year.
:thumbup: ...had we gone D-line rather than corner, Fields was our guy, as the Raven run-D has sucked w/the 3-4

Just to keep this thing on the front page I'll pick now, we'll jsut skip INDy for now and you guys can finish up whenever.

The San Diego Chargers Select:

Jason Jefferson DT Wisconsin

Sorry didn't see the Jets pick with that small font!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to keep this thing on the front page I'll pick now, we'll jsut skip INDy for now and you guys can finish up whenever.

The San Diego Chargers Select:

Ronald Fields DT | (6'1 ", 320, 5.25) | MISSISSIPPI STATE
um, you might want to try that again...Jets took Fields at 4.26

PIT is on the clockPHIL on deckNE in the hole...and they have the final pickIND I guess can make their pick whenever lolThis thing is dying a slow painful death.

4.28 Indianapolis - ** Time expired March 24, 5:07pm EST **

4.31 Philadelphia - ** Time expired March 28, 2:51pm EST **

Can we get some votes on these 2 picks so we can wrap this up... I think, overall, this was a pretty good mock and would love to see some team commentaries and grades...

We can vote on picks for these 2 teams since their time has already expired, and I will PM jgb95 (Patriots) so he can make his [final] pick of this draft. I'll get the voting started:

I vote Darrell Shropshire, DT, South Carolina to the Colts

and Marcus Lawrence, ILB, South Carolina to the Eagles

The front page is completely updated!

New England (jgb95) is on deck.

I PMd jgb95 -- hopefully his pick will come shortly...********************************************************************From the front page:

Now all we need is some Mel Kiper-type grades and commentary on the picks.I'll pick the best commentary for each team and post it on the front page next to the team. Please provide a letter grade (A-F) and a 1-2 line commentary.********************************************************************Team (GM) - Draft - Grade - Commentarry:Miami (Dolfan) - 1.2 D Johnson, OLB, Texas; 3.6 V Morency, RB, Oklahoma St; 4.3 J Butler, FS, Georgia TechNY Jets (Chase Stuart) - 1.26 F Washington, CB, Nebraska; 2.07 D Ware, LB, Troy State; 4.26 R Fields, DT, Miss StNew England (jgb95) - 1.32 C Crowder, MLB, Florida; 2.32 R McCune, ILB, LouisvilleBuffalo (Aaron Rudnicki) - 2.23 A Terry, OT, Syracuse; 3.22 J Dreesen, TE, Colorado St; 4.21 G Sensabaugh, S, North CarolinaCleveland (Chaos) - 1.07 A Barron, OT, FSU; 2.02 B Rudd, ILB, Nebraska; 3.3 R Bartell, CB, Howard; 3.14 C Colmer, OT, NC St; 4.2 M Boley, OLB, Southern Miss; 4.19 D Fox, FS, OSUCincinnati (Kirby) - 1.20 E James, DE, Wisconsin; 2.06 E Shazor, SS, Michigan; 3.19 CJ Mosley, DT, Missouri; 4.18 R Ingonito, C, NobodyPittsburgh (Drunken Cowboy)- 1.30 E Brown, OG, Virginia; 2.30 C Henry, WR, WVU; 3.29 M Munoz, OT, Tennessee; 4.30 T.A. McLendon, RB, NC StBaltimore (ravnzfan) - 1.25 K Barnes, OT, Washington; 2.21 C Thorpe, WR, FSU; 3.20 D Nicholson, SS, Oklahoma; 4.23 A Perkins, CB, OaklahomaTennessee (Colin) - 1.06 C Williams, RB, Auburn; 1.28 J Miller, CB, Clemson; 3.4 J Campbell, QB, AuburnHouston (pgreenfan) - 1.11 C Benson, RB, Texas; 2.15 O Thurman, ILB, Georgia; 3.9 A Ellison, DT, Missouri; 3.16 M Jones, TE, ArkansasJacksonville (JaxBill) - 1.21 H Miller, TE, Virginia; 2.20 S Wilson, CB, Stanford; 3.23 J Haye, DE, Vanderbilt; 4.22 A Snyder OT OregonIndianapolis (ColtsFreak) - 1.29 M Jackson, CB, Michigan; 2.28 J.J. Arrington, RB, Cal; 3.28 J Welsh, LB, WisconsinSan Diego (bicycle_seat_sniffer) - 1.01 M Williams, WR, USC; 2.05 B Browner, CB, Oregon State; 4.7 R Petitti, OT, Pitt; 4.29 J Jefferson, DT, WisconsinKansas City (Arrowhead Nation) - 1.16 D Pollack, DE, Georgia; 2.08 D Blackstock, OLB, Virginia; 4.15 D Orlovsky, QB, UCONNDenver (pinda) - 1.22 M Clayton, WR, Oklahoma; 2.24; J Davis, DE, Virginia TechOakland (radballs) - 2.16 C Webster, CB, LSU; 3.5 J Babineaux, DT, Iowa; 4.4 A Seward, ILB, UNLV; 4.13 K Everett, TE, MiamiSan Francisco (Football Jones) - 1.12 M Spears, DT, LSU; 2.19 J Mathis, WR, Hampton; 2.29 C Canty, DE, Virginia; 3.1 A McPherson, QB, FSU; 3.25 D Williams, CB, Oklahoma St; 4.1 S Young, OG, BYUArizona (beef) - 1.08 A Rodgers, QB, Cal; 2.12 E Green, CB, Virginia Tech; 3.8 C Spencer, OL, Mississippi; 3.11 B McFadden, CB, FSUSt. Louis (Rayderr) - 1.19 C Rogers, CB, Auburn; 2.04 M Roth, DE, Iowa; 3.2 W Britt, OT, Alabama; 4.16 R Parrish, WR, MiamiSeattle (fridayfrenzy) - 1.23 T Johnson, DT, FSU; 2.22 R Wallace, OLB, Temple; 3.21 B Swancutt, DE, Oregon St; 4.20 R Moats, RB, Louisianna Tech; 4.25 T Murphy; WR Texas A&MChicago (RBM) - 1.04 R Brown, RB, Auburn; 2.25 M Bradley, WR, Oklahoma; 3.24 C Kemoeatu, OG, Utah; 4.5 A Walter, QB, Arizona StMinnesota (Atomic Punk) - 1.03 B Edwards, WR, Michigan; 1.18 D Cody, DE, Oklahoma; 2.17 C Fason, RB, FloridaGreen Bay (UFFL Commish) - 1.24 S Cody, DE, USC; 2.01 D Baas, OG, Michigan; 2.26 J Bullocks, S, Nebraska; 4.24 K Morrison, ILB, San Diego St Detroit (loser) - 1.10 A Jones, CB, WVU; 2.09 J Tuck, DE, Notre Dame; 3.10 L Mankins, OT, Fresno St; 4.12 F Gibson, WR, GeorgiaTampa Bay (Punchie) - 1.05 A Smith, QB, Utah; 2.18 M Barber III, RB, Minnesota; 3.7 A Smith, TE, Stanford; 3.17 L Tatupu, ILB, USC; 3.27 D Buenning, OG, Wisconsin; 4.6 C Roby, WR, IndiannaCarolina (crazygutgut) - 1.14 T Williamson, WR, South Carolina; 2.13 A Hawthorne, DT, Wisconsin; 3.15 E Shelton, RB, Louisville; 4.14 K Orton, QB, PurdueNew Orleans (valhallan) - 1.15 T Davis, S, Georgia; 2.14 C Frye, QB, Akron; 3.18 S Routt, CB, Houston; 4.17 J Goddard, OLB, MarshallAtlanta (The Dirty Word) - 2.03 B Pool, FS, Oklahoma; 2.27 M Patterson, DT, USC; 3.26 M Nugent, K, Ohio St; 3.30 E Mathis, OG, Alabama; 4.27 G Gause, DE, South CarolinaWashington (ATW22) - 1.09 A Rolle, CB, Miami; 3.12 L Mitchell, ILB, Oklahoma; 4.11 V Jackson, WR, Northern ColoradoDallas (Joe Kidd) - 1.13 S Merriman, DE, Maryland; 1.17 J Brown, OT, Oklahoma; 2.10 R White, WR, UAB; 4.8 O Atogwe, FS, StanfordPhiladelphia (Jason Wood) - 1.27 M Johnson, OL, Mississippi; 1.31 K Burnett, OLB, Tennessee; 2.31 L Castillo, DT, Northwestern; 3.13 K.J. Harris, RB, WVUNY Giants (Kleck) - 2.11 R Brown, WR, Georgia; 3.31 B Wilkerson, C, LSU; 4.9 A Alabi, OT, TCU; 4.10 CJ Brooks, OG, Maryland

The New England Pats select

Jammal Brimmer UNVL S
Thanks!Now all we need is some more votes on the Colts and Eagles picks [or either GM to post a pick] and we are all done here!

Anyone feel free to grade another team's draft -- those should be fun to read!

I think that the Texans would be pretty happy with this draft class if it happened, but really wish that I had addressed the offensive line spot. I would have loved to add Adam Terry and just didn't get it done. I think overall I give myself a solid B in this mock.1. Cedric Benson RB2. Odell Thurman ILB3a Attiyah Ellison DT3b Matt Jones TE/WR

Cleveland (Chaos) - 1.07 A Barron, OT, FSU; 2.02 B Rudd, ILB, Nebraska; 3.3 R Bartell, CB, Howard; 3.14 C Colmer, OT, NC St; 4.2 M Boley, OLB, Southern Miss; 4.19 D Fox, FS, OSUIf the Browns went this way, I would be ecstatic! I give it a solid A+ and the first such grade the Brownies have ever gotten.

Atlanta Falcons

2nd round: Brodney Pool FS; Oklahoma

2nd round: Mike Patterson DT; USC

3rd round: Mike Nugent K; Ohio State

3rd round: Evan Mathis OG; Alabama

4th round: George Gause DE; South Carolina

As a Falcon fan...I wouldn't mind this draft at all. It could be argued that Nugent & Mathis have 2nd round grades attached to them and Pool could be a 1st rounder.

San Diego (bicycle_seat_sniffer) – 1.01 M Williams, WR, USC;2.05 B Browner, CB, Oregon State;4.7 R Petitti, OT, Pitt; 4.29 J Jefferson, DT, WisconsinI love the first pick, most people said I gave up nothing to get williams. Browner, in a move down with Tennesse adds size and depth to a unit that faces randy moss twice a season. Petitti and Jefferson add depth at “need positions”.The first pick alone makes this a winner for SD.

Never got a PM that I was up yesterday! :confused:

In any event,

4.31 -- Anthony Bryant, DT, Alabama

A huge, space eating defensive tackle (6'3", 335 pounds) that struggled with his weight in the past fits in perfectly with the Eagles long-term needs. An ideal replacement for Hollis Thomas in 2006 and beyond, the Eagles will work on getting Bryant's dietary issues in check in 2004 while using him sparingly at the tail end of their tackle rotation.

Baltimore Ravens:

KBarnes-OT, Wash

CThorpe-WR,FSU

DNicholson-S, Oak

APerkins-CB,Oak

in addition, we acquired a 5th from Denver this year, along w/a 3rd next year in a trade that sent the rights to Mark Clayton for the 25th selection (KBarnes)

this draft addresses the 2 major needs left after free agency, with O-line and WR...also replace Baxter @S, where the Ravens wanted to move him, and added depth @CB, where the health of Samari Rolle might be in question

D-line depth, along w/LB can be addressed w/the additional selections...

we feel there is ample depth to address these needs later in this very deep draft

In any event,

A huge, space eating defensive tackle (6'3", 335 pounds) that struggled with his weight in the past fits in perfectly with the Eagles long-term needs. An ideal replacement for Hollis Thomas in 2006 and beyond, the Eagles will work on getting Bryant's dietary issues in check in 2004 while using him sparingly at the tail end of their tackle rotation.
Sorry about that...I'll add your pick to the front page...

On a side note, everyone seems to be grading their own draft, and, not very surprisingly, the grades are outstanding!

I'd be more interested in knowing what other people thought of my draft though.. Anyone care to grade someone else's draft?

You don't have to have participated in this draft to let us know how you think someone did...

In any event,

On a side note, everyone seems to be grading their own draft, and, not very surprisingly, the grades are outstanding!

I'd be more interested in knowing what other people thought of my draft though.. Anyone care to grade someone else's draft?

You don't have to have participated in this draft to let us know how you think someone did...
I agree with you it would be great if other could give grades on teams drafts. One person reviewing all of the drafts would be ideal. I nominate Colin.

In any event,

I agree with you it would be great if other could give grades on teams drafts. One person reviewing all of the drafts would be ideal. I nominate Colin.
I'll 2nd that...

I need to amend my grade for this draft. I give the Texans an A. Matt Jones in the 3rd round improves the grade from a B to an A upon further review. Really anyone else want to grade the drafts?

I have asked GRIDIRON ASSASSIN to grade the NFC Central division. I feel he has a good bit of knowledge and can give a fair assesment of the mock draft. Due to time restrictions he can only do 1 division and I think the Central is the best match for him.. I look forward to the grading of this division. If anyone else would like to sign up to grade a division it would be greatly appreciated.

I have asked GRIDIRON ASSASSIN to grade the NFC Central division. I feel he has a good bit of knowledge and can give a fair assesment of the mock draft. Due to time restrictions he can only do 1 division and I think the Central is the best match for him.. I look forward to the grading of this division. If anyone else would like to sign up to grade a division it would be greatly appreciated.
I'll grade the NFC South...

Users who are viewing this thread