What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fred Taylor Fiasco (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

coby88

Footballguy
I knew Fragile Freddy would probably not play the whole game, but not one bit of information before 1 pm today stated he would be inactive. How did FFGuys miss the boat on this one - will probably cost me first place - I could have played Moore - Min, Jones - Det.There projections were also way off on some defensive players as well (eg. Lofa Totupo SEA LB ranked # 1 - ended up with 2 crappy tackles).Not happy to say the least!

I knew Fragile Freddy would probably not play the whole game, but not one bit of information before 1 pm today stated he would be inactive. How did FFGuys miss the boat on this one - will probably cost me first place - I could have played Moore - Min, Jones - Det.

There projections were also way off on some defensive players as well (eg. Lofa Totupo SEA LB ranked # 1 - ended up with 2 crappy tackles).

Not happy to say the least!
Here's another for my thread.

I knew Fragile Freddy would probably not play the whole game, but not one bit of information before 1 pm today stated he would be inactive. How did FFGuys miss the boat on this one - will probably cost me first place - I could have played Moore - Min, Jones - Det.

There projections were also way off on some defensive players as well (eg. Lofa Totupo SEA LB ranked # 1 - ended up with 2 crappy tackles).

With all due respect.... and I mean this in th ebest possible way.... :ptts:

I apologize. I could not resist.

Your league is at fault for scheduling a Week 17 championship.And, IIRC, inactives are announced 30 minutes before game-time. So, information on Taylor being inactive probably wasn't released until 3:30.

The guy has a point on Taylor.

The guy has a point on Taylor.
Not really. He wondered why no info was posted before 1pm. It's because (1) inactives weren't released until 3pm; and (2) a search of Google news finds no news articles before 3pm indicating that Taylor would be inactive.Additionally, FBG cheatsheets had Kevin Jones ranked higher than Fred Taylor, so he went against the cheatsheet. And anyone who thought Mewelde Moore would have a good game against Chicago should head down to the horsetrack.

This is what :ptts: was created for.

Last edited by a moderator:
All I am saying is someone should have smelled something in Jax on Sunday morning - they knew Gerrard was starting - who in their right mind would have started Kevin Jones (Questionable) against a great Steeler run D over Freddy Taylor if he was supposed to start - ridiculous.

All I am saying is someone should have smelled something in Jax on Sunday morning - they knew Gerrard was starting - who in their right mind would have started Kevin Jones (Questionable) against a great Steeler run D over Freddy Taylor if he was supposed to start - ridiculous.
I don't get it. You knew this and decided to go against the suggested player (Jones) anyway. What's the problem?

So you knew that Taylor wouldn't play the whole game and Jones was higher in the cheatsheets, but you still started Taylor. And you're blaming who?

Regardless of what coby88 did and why, the point is that FBG missed the boat this week. Don't deflect the issue by focusing on whether his behavior was rational or not. Several people had examples of FBG dropping the ball this week. This is one more. Each example individually may not be a big deal, taken together we can say FBG screwed up. Defensive projections were especially awful this week. I could list several examples of where FBG missed the boat. Urlacher and Mike Peterson immediately come to mind.I am not bashing FBG, I hope this is interpreted as constructive criticism. You can say all you want about week 17 bowl being stupid, but some leagues use total points or all-matchups with no fantasy bowl. Week 17 is as important as other weeks.

I benched Kevin Jones and started Toefield this week. Yes, it worked out for me, but it could have easily gone wrong, too. There just wasn't any concrete info on Jags RBs all week, including Sunday morning. I just didn't expect anything from an often injured Jones going against a great defense, in Pittsburgh, in a game the Steelers had to win.

I don't get it. You knew this and decided to go against the suggested player (Jones) anyway. What's the problem?
Ask the guys that benched Collins for Brees. :finger: ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jaguars | F. Taylor inactive Week 17Sun, 1 Jan 2006 12:21:36 -0800Jacksonville Jaguars RB Fred Taylor is inactive for the team's Week 17 game. kffl

wish I was a KFFL subscriber today - the whole issue of K Jones being a little higher than Taylor in the rankings is not the issue here - the issue is someone was snoozing at FBG head offices - if KFFL knew, why did not FBG at 12:30 this afternoon!

wish I was a KFFL subscriber today - the whole issue of K Jones being a little higher than Taylor in the rankings is not the issue here - the issue is someone was snoozing at FBG head offices - if KFFL knew, why did not FBG at 12:30 this afternoon!
Face it. You made a decision, in spite of advice, and you lost.Quit blaming people. FBG makes suggestions to the best of their ability with the information available. Take or leave it. I don't know how KFFL got their scoop, good for them, they still landed it after noon. :cry:

Week 17 causes these kind of issues.

Regardless of what coby88 did and why, the point is that FBG missed the boat this week. Don't deflect the issue by focusing on whether his behavior was rational or not.

Several people had examples of FBG dropping the ball this week. This is one more. Each example individually may not be a big deal, taken together we can say FBG screwed up.

Defensive projections were especially awful this week.

I could list several examples of where FBG missed the boat.

Urlacher and Mike Peterson immediately come to mind.

I am not bashing FBG, I hope this is interpreted as constructive criticism.

You can say all you want about week 17 bowl being stupid, but some leagues use total points or all-matchups with no fantasy bowl. Week 17 is as important as other weeks.
Urlacher and Peterson???Give me a break. I can't understand how they might have thought 2 of the best LB's of 2005 might have been good starts... :yucky:

This kind on hindsight crap is just stupid.

I'm sorry you lost your championship. But it was the championship game, why didn't you make sure that your players were playing? Inactives are always announced before the game. The Championship game is for money, most important game of year, you have no excuse. You can only blame yourself.

This argument is all over the map. Let's clean it up:Should FBG have informed it's subscribers that Taylor was inactive?I think the answer is pretty obviously yes. If KFFL knew, why didn't FBG?The whole Kevin Jones thing is COMPLETELY irrelavent, as is the week 17 thing. There are a LOT of formats out there, and since FBG doesn't advertise their service as supporting the first 16 weeks of the regular season, week 17 is just like any other. In one of my leagues, it is EXACTLY like any other, because we don't do playoffs at all.Some people around here really do blindly support the management in all situations. Joe and co. (who I have a LOT of respect for) are big boys and can handle some legitimate criticism.To just bash the guy is lame. He probably should have stated his case a little more clearly, but the point is quite valid.

Did you make it to your title game with the help of FBGs?You should probably be thanking them that you finished 2nd. Thats a successful season. Not the ultimate goal, but the next best thing. If the number of teams in your league is X, then X minus 2 teams in your league wish they were in your shoes right now.

To just bash the guy is lame. He probably should have stated his case a little more clearly, but the point is quite valid.
His point is more than Valid, no excuse for the FBG staff not reporting it.

This argument is all over the map. Let's clean it up:

Should FBG have informed it's subscribers that Taylor was inactive?

I think the answer is pretty obviously yes. If KFFL knew, why didn't FBG?

The whole Kevin Jones thing is COMPLETELY irrelavent, as is the week 17 thing. There are a LOT of formats out there, and since FBG doesn't advertise their service as supporting the first 16 weeks of the regular season, week 17 is just like any other. In one of my leagues, it is EXACTLY like any other, because we don't do playoffs at all.

Some people around here really do blindly support the management in all situations. Joe and co. (who I have a LOT of respect for) are big boys and can handle some legitimate criticism.

To just bash the guy is lame. He probably should have stated his case a little more clearly, but the point is quite valid.
:thumbup: Nice placement of the word "quite" and use of the multisyllabic "legitimate". They make you sound real smart.Points off for misspelling "irrelavent" (sic) but you already knew that, no doubt.

Too bad you couldn't have slipped a "quid pro quo" or a "per se" in there somewhere.

This argument is all over the map.  Let's clean it up:

I think the answer is pretty obviously yes.  If KFFL knew, why didn't FBG?

The whole Kevin Jones thing is COMPLETELY irrelavent, as is the week 17 thing.  There are a LOT of formats out there, and since FBG doesn't advertise their service as supporting the first 16 weeks of the regular season, week 17 is just like any other.  In one of my leagues, it is EXACTLY like any other, because we don't do playoffs at all.

Some people around here really do blindly support the management in all situations.  Joe and co. (who I have a LOT of respect for) are big boys and can handle some legitimate criticism.

To just bash the guy is lame.  He probably should have stated his case a little more clearly, but the point is quite valid.
:thumbup: Nice placement of the word "quite" and use of the multisyllabic "legitimate". They make you sound real smart.Points off for misspelling "irrelavent" (sic) but you already knew that, no doubt.

Too bad you couldn't have slipped a "quid pro quo" or a "per se" in there somewhere.
I truly appreciate your pointing out the correct spelling of irrelevent, because I just found another perfect application for the word - your last post.

:ptts: Where is KFFL's draft dominator or VBD app? Bet you used those. No Shark Pool posts stated as such about Taylor so blame the Shark Pool too. Joe and Co. are a few people who do not have insiders info nor should they. Guess what? It was week 17 and many players were not playing. Do some of the leg work yourselves and quit complaining about what may or may not have won a game for you. :ptts:

Jaguars | F. Taylor inactive Week 17

Sun, 1 Jan 2006 12:21:36 -0800

Jacksonville Jaguars RB Fred Taylor is inactive for the team's Week 17 game.

kffl
Apparently no one noticed the -0800 comment on the timeline....That would be Pacific Time Zone, or 3:21 Eastern.

Just about when 4PM games would announce inactives.

So KFFL didn't "scoop" anyone. They just reported the inactives as they were announced.

I think the answer is pretty obviously yes. If KFFL knew, why didn't FBG?
Agreed. They reported it the same time that it was announced. All teams have to announce their innactives just before game time.
Also agreed. No point to it. Obviously if we lose a customer's business, well, we're not going to be happy about that. We'll keep doing the best we can. If we do poorly our business will suffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread