What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Friends wife missing since Friday night (2 Viewers)

I won't be responding to the fools and trolls any longer. Their behavior is very innapropriate given the nature of this thread.
And of course it isn't inappropriate for you to share your friend's tragic circumstances with a bunch of strangers on a message board.

You get caught denying that you asked if it was alright to get more info from this guy and now there are fools and trolls in the thread. You love to play the victim card, don't you?

And of course it isn't inappropriate for you to share your friend's tragic circumstances with a bunch of strangers on a message board.

You get caught denying that you asked if it was alright to get more info from this guy and now there are fools and trolls in the thread. You love to play the victim card, don't you?
Victim card?  Please don't pick on RnR.  He is one of the most beloved posters on this site.  

I hope she turns out alright. I would not reach out to your friend - he has enough on his plate.  

I'd call him every few hours for updates. That seems appropriate for a close friend. 

Oh, and swallow your urine, too. 

Just don't do anything to get unfriended from his FB page. Better to stay relatively incognito so you can post updates here. 

WTF is it to you? Someone you haven't spoken with in 15 years, a wife/kids you don't know and haven't met, and about 2k miles from where you are located.

I don't understand your purpose with this thread. It is kinda like "look at me," but there isn't anything to be seen here. A random woman (who you don't know) walked out on her husband (who you haven't seen in over a decade) and kids (who you also don't know) - she sounds like a piece of garbage and that is about all there is to it. 
And you have passed judgement on someone you've never met and have no idea what their life is like. She may be a horrible person or maybe she is a decent person in a bad place depressed, schizophrenic, etc. Not sure you have achieved the high ground here.

As to how real this is or isn't, i don't tend to worry about such stuff. If this is made up or fishing the universe will deal it not my problem.

But, it isn't really much of a connection when you can't answer simple questions like: how old is the wife? ]how long have they been married? etc.

To me this isn't much different than seeing a story about the situation on the news. Except in that case it would be a matter of public record and more details would be provided to the public as they were discovered. I could see sharing the story in that case.
Do you go around asking your friends' wives how old they are?  I certainly don't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you go around asking your friends' wives how old they are?  I certainly don't.
I agree, but I also basically know the ages of all the wives.  I know when they graduated from high school or we talk about how old they will be when their youngest graduates from HS. We had a progressive dinner this week and the other 5 couples wives were 24, 28, 36, 38, 40.  Trivia last night and the other guys wives are 50, 47, and 40.  Baseball moms are 31, a 1996 HS grad and a 1998 HS grad.  This just seems to come up in conversation with friends.  

I celebrated the 20th anniversary of my 21st birthday this past January.

And you have passed judgement on someone you've never met and have no idea what their life is like. She may be a horrible person or maybe she is a decent person in a bad place depressed, schizophrenic, etc. Not sure you have achieved the high ground here.

As to how real this is or isn't, i don't tend to worry about such stuff. If this is made up or fishing the universe will deal it not my problem.
:yawn:

I agree, but I also basically know the ages of all the wives.  I know when they graduated from high school or we talk about how old they will be when their youngest graduates from HS. We had a progressive dinner this week and the other 5 couples wives were 24, 28, 36, 38, 40.  Trivia last night and the other guys wives are 50, 47, and 40.  Baseball moms are 31, a 1996 HS grad and a 1998 HS grad.  This just seems to come up in conversation with friends.  

I celebrated the 20th anniversary of my 21st birthday this past January.
Congratulations on reaching 43.  

jonessed said:
No, I don't. But, if I have been friends with someone since high school, I have a pretty good idea how old they are and how old their wives are. I also have an idea how long they have been married, etc. Because, if they are a friend, I have probably been invited to and maybe even attended their wedding. 

Large woman goes missing?

Were you watching Silence of the Lambs recently?   It puts the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose again....

7-1 odds it was Buffalo Bill, in the library with the candlestick.

Large woman goes missing?

Were you watching Silence of the Lambs recently?   It puts the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose again....

7-1 odds it was Buffalo Bill, in the library with the candlestick.
Was she a great big fat person?

Users who are viewing this thread