What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gabby Petito, 22, missing (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reddit detectives are busy on this one.  I'm reading a (forum? sub forum?  I'm a Reddit newbie)  where they have downloaded their Spotify playlists and are looking for clues.  

This - I would at least contact the parents and say your daughter left with _____ in a _____ vehicle.  She told me to go on without her, just letting you know.

Side note, conversion vans are bringing big money right now (I've been looking for one for over a year), if she's on the title of the vehicle no way she just let him leave with it...
Yea, all used vehicles are overpriced right now but those are definitely way overpriced.  Sleeping inside a vehicle, you also have to worry about carbon monoxide or other harmful byproducts.  Much better to just sleep outside in the fresh air.

I doubt she had ownership of the van.  Everyone has to bring something to the relationship.  Seems like the guy was the obsessed/control type and something provoked him into killing her.

That's not how this works.  Most of the lifers post stuff on a considerable delay
Fair enough.  That's why I say it's 98% that her fiance killed her.  There is still a 1.9% chance that this is all a ploy to bring attention to their youtube channel.  Their future videos will be primed for ad revenue.

Yea, all used vehicles are overpriced right now but those are definitely way overpriced.  Sleeping inside a vehicle, you also have to worry about carbon monoxide or other harmful byproducts.  Much better to just sleep outside in the fresh air.

I doubt she had ownership of the van.  Everyone has to bring something to the relationship.  Seems like the guy was the obsessed/control type and something provoked him into killing her.

You ever actually seen a converted van?  These aren't people just pulling the seats out of the back of an econoline throwing an air mattress down and running the dashboard AC to the max.  

You ever actually seen a converted van?  These aren't people just pulling the seats out of the back of an econoline throwing an air mattress down and running the dashboard AC to the max.  

Yup, this is a thriving industry right now.  We leased out warehouse space to this company who has been so busy during the pandemic they needed our warehouse for 7 months until they could finish their new 10,000 sf building.  There is a LOT that goes into these conversions and it ain't cheap.

Yup, this is a thriving industry right now.  We leased out warehouse space to this company who has been so busy during the pandemic they needed our warehouse for 7 months until they could finish their new 10,000 sf building.  There is a LOT that goes into these conversions and it ain't cheap.

Mercedes sprinter vans were horribly underpriced IMO for what they are.  It was just a matter of time people set those types of vehicles side by side to your ####ty Jayco rattle trailer.

I don't know what this boyfriend/fiance has told his parents and lawyer, but if someone I was with disappeared, I would be frantically searching for them, and I would call the police, their parents, friends, etc.   If we got in an argument and that person left on their own, I would still be searching for them. I would never leave someone, and cross the country and go back home without them. If I found them and they refused to go, I would call their parents.  He didn't report her missing, her parents did. He knows her parents, but isn't giving them information. The mother last spoke to her daughter on the 25th of August. She only got a text on the 27th and 30th I think, and she isn't sure if it was her daughter who sent them.  Her daughter went radio silent, and the boyfriend/fiance is back home without her, and he isn't talking.  I see a lot of red flags.
Like I said - guy may be guilty, I have no clue.  But if I know I’m not guilty and I’m being asked questions I’m talking to a lawyer first to see what he recommends.  I feel bad for the girl and her parents - my comments are more generic and not about this case as I haven’t followed it.

I've seen a few in videos and checked out a Ford Transit.  The way I look at, in addition to the high initial cost, mpg isn't great, repairs will be expensive and even if you have some fancy shelving and a little kitchen area, you are still basically living in a closet. I like sleeping on soft dirt with fresh air so my perspective may be abnormal.  Also a vehicle is necessary if you want to road trip but I also know some people doing van life in the city.

@Woz - let’s say I did have some information that I wanted to share like last known whereabouts or what the person said they were doing or who they went with, etc.  Couple of questions:

1. would you allow me to share that information with police?

2. Is there a way that you can protect yourself?  I’m guessing the answer to 2 is an obvious no.

That youtube video about pleading the 5th is interesting. I definitely am guilty of thinking it's suspicious in general.

In this specific case it's hard to imagine a realistic scenario where he didn't have something to do with it.

That youtube video about pleading the 5th is interesting. I definitely am guilty of thinking it's suspicious in general.

In this specific case it's hard to imagine a realistic scenario where he didn't have something to do with it.
Whether he did or didn't he is likely their primary suspect and shouldn't be talking to law enforcement

Whether he did or didn't he is likely their primary suspect and shouldn't be talking to law enforcement
Agreed. Innocent or guilty of anything, it's smart on his part.

However, at this point it's hard to imagine a scenario where 1) he's innocent, and 2) she'd dead or missing, which appears to be the case after no contact for 3 weeks-ish.

Boyfriend issues statement through lawyer.

BLUE POINT, Long Island (WABC) -- The boyfriend of a 22-year-old woman originally from Long Island who disappeared while traveling in Wyoming has issued a statement through his lawyer.

Brian Laundrie's attorney, Steve Bertolino, issued the statement on the disappearance of Gabrielle Petito, whose family last heard from her on August 30.

"This is an extremely difficult time for both the Petito family and the Laundrie family. I understand that a search has been organized for Miss Petito in or near Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming. On behalf of the Laundrie family, it is our hope that the search for Miss Petito is successful and that Miss Petito is re-united with her family. On the advice of counsel, the Laundrie family is remaining in the background at this juncture and will have no further comment."

Boyfriend issues statement through lawyer.

BLUE POINT, Long Island (WABC) -- The boyfriend of a 22-year-old woman originally from Long Island who disappeared while traveling in Wyoming has issued a statement through his lawyer.

Brian Laundrie's attorney, Steve Bertolino, issued the statement on the disappearance of Gabrielle Petito, whose family last heard from her on August 30.

"This is an extremely difficult time for both the Petito family and the Laundrie family. I understand that a search has been organized for Miss Petito in or near Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming. On behalf of the Laundrie family, it is our hope that the search for Miss Petito is successful and that Miss Petito is re-united with her family. On the advice of counsel, the Laundrie family is remaining in the background at this juncture and will have no further comment."
WTF kinda statement is that....  "I understand that a search has been organized?"  Seriously WTF.  There was no "Miss Petito and I parted ways in Moab" or any mention of him not being with her when she disappeared.  He might as well have said "Yes I killed her.  Good luck ever finding her."

Pretty solid advice overall. I advise my clients to be cordial but decline to answer factual questions beyond your identification upon my advice. Make me the bad guy. 
Anyone who ever read any of your posts around here know that’s not hard to do.  😉

@Woz - let’s say I did have some information that I wanted to share like last known whereabouts or what the person said they were doing or who they went with, etc.  Couple of questions:

2. Is there a way that you can protect yourself?  I’m guessing the answer to 2 is an obvious no.
We’re you meaning to tag @Zow?

dkp993 said:
Don’t #### with cats 2.0

Seriously. We have 65% of the posts in here discussing why you shouldn't talk to cops and they have online sleuths digging up Spotify playlists and determining time stamps and locations on social media posts.  Reddit is the big leagues.  

Timeline is interesting

So they had a domestic disturbance on August 12th, he flies home to Florida August 17th, moves their  belongings into storage, flies back on the 23rd and then she disappeared?

yeah, hang him

One response:

The domestic disturbance was on the 12th. The two women campers from Moab were murdered at their campsite on the night of the 13th. BL and GP were in in Moab at this time, and BL's last Instagram post was on the 13th. They had saved a campsite on their Dyrt very close to the site of the murders.

Could the domestic disturbance on the 12th have been witnessed/interrupted/called in by the two women campers? Then on the night of the 13th, BL kills them both in revenge rage? Patches things up with Gabby, they continue. Gabby finally sees the Moab news a week later. Confronts him in Teton/on the way to Yellowstone, gets killed?

Pure speculation but the coincidence is too strange.

:oldunsure:

One response:

The domestic disturbance was on the 12th. The two women campers from Moab were murdered at their campsite on the night of the 13th. BL and GP were in in Moab at this time, and BL's last Instagram post was on the 13th. They had saved a campsite on their Dyrt very close to the site of the murders.

Could the domestic disturbance on the 12th have been witnessed/interrupted/called in by the two women campers? Then on the night of the 13th, BL kills them both in revenge rage? Patches things up with Gabby, they continue. Gabby finally sees the Moab news a week later. Confronts him in Teton/on the way to Yellowstone, gets killed?

There's no such thing as coincidence. Except when there is.

One response:

Down the Moab rabbit hole.

"Investigators were informed that Kylen had mentioned to her friends that if something happened to them, that they were murdered. Kylen had continued by saying there was a “creepy man” around their camp and they had been intimidated by him,” the search warrant states."

link

Down the Moab rabbit hole.

"Investigators were informed that Kylen had mentioned to her friends that if something happened to them, that they were murdered. Kylen had continued by saying there was a “creepy man” around their camp and they had been intimidated by him,” the search warrant states."

link

This is not a political point but girls in self defense class are trained now to make sure to point out the race and worst feature of the guy they see right after saying their location.   People are now avoiding doing this because it's seen as racist despite it being one of the best tools law enforcement has. 

I.e. it's a goofy  white guy with cheap looking frosted tips and a nose ring.  

This helps jog memory later too for a sketch.   Pass this on to your kids.  

Last edited by a moderator:
AAABatteries said:

1. “Allow” is a difficult word to address here. I’m nobody’s father. I merely give advice that people choose to listen to or now. In this situation I’d consult privately with you, evaluate what you have to say, and give my advice. Here, if you generally had information and none of your statements seemed to be inculpatory, I’d be okay with it. I would strongly advise that I be present though and the conversation recorded. 

2. I don’t know what you mean. 

One response:

Utah police have confirmed that officers were called for an incident involving Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito roughly two weeks before she was last seen and a month before she was officially reported missing.

"Our officers did respond to an incident involving Brian Laundrie and Gabrielle Petito on 12 August 2021 however, neither Brian or Gabrielle were the reporting party," Moab Chief of Police Bret Edge told Fox News Tuesday. "Officers conducted an investigation and determined that insufficient evidence existed to justify criminal charges."

:unsure:

I don't mean to sound insensitive, but what is it about this particular missing person made it get so much national attention?  People go missing in the mountains around here like twice a month, and it's never a national story it usually barely gets a segment on the local news.

She was last seen/photographed at a rather locally famous new building in my town, in front of a popular local mural, which is why I thought the story was getting so much attention here locally.  But now I've seen it picked up by the NYT, NPR, and biggest of all, FBG.

I don't mean to sound insensitive, but what is it about this particular missing person made it get so much national attention?  People go missing in the mountains around here like twice a month, and it's never a national story it usually barely gets a segment on the local news.

She was last seen/photographed at a rather locally famous new building in my town, in front of a popular local mural, which is why I thought the story was getting so much attention here locally.  But now I've seen it picked up by the NYT, NPR, and biggest of all, FBG.
https://youtu.be/7hT4mDU0Hb8

1. “Allow” is a difficult word to address here. I’m nobody’s father. I merely give advice that people choose to listen to or now. In this situation I’d consult privately with you, evaluate what you have to say, and give my advice. Here, if you generally had information and none of your statements seemed to be inculpatory, I’d be okay with it. I would strongly advise that I be present though and the conversation recorded. 

2. I don’t know what you mean. 
On the second part I guess maybe I was thinking of something like immunity but I realize that’s not likely.  I guess I was trying to think of a scenario where you could help but not potentially implicate yourself while doing it.

she didn't just go missing while out backpacking- sure, that would be a tragic, but understandable story. she's disappeared while her travel partner hasn't. And he's conveniently and publicly not talking. it's not-understandable, which makes the story more of a mystery...making it more of a story. plus, shes an attractive young white woman.

eoMMan said:
Big story that seems to be everywhere and obviously hope she's found safe...but a thought that crossed my mind in today's "get clicks/likes" world...

How horrible would it be if it was all a ploy to get more hits on their video/channel?
Was coming here to ask the same thing. Sad that it could be possible. 

Reddit solved a triple homicide. 
Maybe. It reminds me of the Netflix documentary, Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel. There were sleuths all over the Internet studying hotel security video and Elisa Lam's social media posts. It took 18 days for a resolution. 

Maybe. It reminds me of the Netflix documentary, Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel. There were sleuths all over the Internet studying hotel security video and Elisa Lam's social media posts. It took 18 days for a resolution. 
What was the resolution?

I thought Elisa was a girl with a history of suicidal ideation and all the evidence pointed towards suicide?  I did not watch the Netflix doc but I figured they were simply capitalizing on people's enjoyment of conspiracy.

On the other hand, people with a history of psychiatric treatment and suicidal ideation are susceptible to being murdered and it being believed that they killed themselves.

What was the resolution?

I thought Elisa was a girl with a history of suicidal ideation and all the evidence pointed towards suicide?  I did not watch the Netflix doc but I figured they were simply capitalizing on people's enjoyment of conspiracy.

On the other hand, people with a history of psychiatric treatment and suicidal ideation are susceptible to being murdered and it being believed that they killed themselves.

She was in the water tank at the top of the building, naked, and decomposing.  The Netflix doc and internet researchers had nothing to do with her being found as much as her decomposing body being used to brush people's teeth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread