What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W3 - New England V Pittsburgh (1 Viewer)

Not a bull#### flag at all...

BUH BYE RODNEY.

See ya next year.
Your mother must be so proud that she raised you right. :thumbdown: Until you beat the best WHEN IT COUNTS, shut the #@%% up.
:goodposting: The problem is that they NEVER do. There isn't another team in recent history who has blown so many home playoff games where they were favored. I have to say though I enjoy it when it happens then see the fans :cry: and blame the refs when calls don't go their way.
Better start worrying about making the playoffs Patsy.
how about winning a game in the postseason first?

Like you Patsies wouldn't be doing the same if it was a Steelers player...
We wouldn't. Of course, you bitter Stillers fans would, as one of your fans has shown.
I didn't celebrate his injury, just said buh bye because that was nasty.Do I care that he's hurt? Nope. He's a cheap shot artist himself.

But I didn't say anything to glorify the injury.

BUH BYE RODNEY.

See ya next year.
Your mother must be so proud that she raised you right. :thumbdown: Until you beat the best WHEN IT COUNTS, shut the #@%% up.
:goodposting: The problem is that they NEVER do. There isn't another team in recent history who has blown so many home playoff games where they were favored. I have to say though I enjoy it when it happens then see the fans :cry: and blame the refs when calls don't go their way.
Which team's fans are already crying about calls in htis thread? Yeah, that's what I thought.
Not a Pat fan and can't think of recent home playoff games where they pissed it away even with favored. Happens about every year for PIT yet their fans still talk trash, why?
You have to get there to lose a home playoff game. When you get there a lot, you're going to lose some. Simple.

We wouldn't. Of course, you bitter Stillers fans would, as one of your fans has shown.
I didn't celebrate his injury, just said buh bye because that was nasty.Do I care that he's hurt? Nope. He's a cheap shot artist himself.

Please. THe content of your post shines through. BUY BYE RODNEY? You sounds pretty excited about the injury and seem glad that he is hurt. I guess that says it all huh.

BUH BYE RODNEY.

See ya next year.
Which team's fans are already crying about calls in htis thread? Yeah, that's what I thought.
Not a Pat fan and can't think of recent home playoff games where they pissed it away even with favored. Happens about every year for PIT yet their fans still talk trash, why?
You have to get there to lose a home playoff game. When you get there a lot, you're going to lose some. Simple.
:lmao: Great logic. I am sure Jim Kelly feels the same way about the Super Bowl.

Please someone let me know the last time a Bill Cowhead coached PIT team has won a meaningful playoff game. Also, please list the amount of times they lost a chamionship game played at home.

Please. THe content of your post shines through. BUY BYE RODNEY? You sounds pretty excited about the injury and seem glad that he is hurt. I guess that says it all huh.
Excited? Nope. I really don't care.Just an observation, and I don't feel bad for him.

BUH BYE RODNEY.

See ya next year.
But they choke every year, incredible isn't it?

Please someone let me know the last time a Bill Cowhead coached PIT team has won a meaningful playoff game. Also, please list the amount of times they lost a chamionship game played at home.
How about the AFC Championship game to get to Superbowl XXX? Meaningful enough for you?

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is that they NEVER do. There isn't another team in recent history who has blown so many home playoff games where they were favored.
Fact: The Steelers were underdogs in the home playoff losses to the Broncos in January 1998 and last January against the Patriots.

Excited? Nope. I really don't care.Just an observation, and I don't feel bad for him.

BUH BYE RODNEY.

See ya next year.
"See ya next year"?Sounds like you have some deep rooted emotional issues. It's just a game guy. Wishing for season long injuries, and then lying about it shows a serious lack of excellence and emotional honesty. I wish I could say you are the first Steelers fan to act like this, but it has almost become expected from some other Steelers fans as well.

They beat the Jets last January to advance to the AFC title game. If you don't think a playoff game is a meangingful game, you are an idiot.They have lost four championship games at home under Cowher, two of which to teams that were clearly better, so much that the Steelers were underdogs in those games.

There's no sense in trying to justify the AFC Championship losses. They wre all painful.The Broncos were favorites and led by Elway. The difference between Elway and Kordell was too much to overcome.Kordell wasn't ready to lead them to the Super Bowl in 2001, and Bellichek took advantage of Roethlisberger being a worn out rookie last year.Like I said, they were beaten by better teams. No shame in that.

They beat the Jets last January to advance to the AFC title game. If you don't think a playoff game is a meangingful game, you are an idiot.They have lost four championship games at home under Cowher, two of which to teams that were clearly better, so much that the Steelers were underdogs in those games.
Remember playing at home vs SD? A CALI team in bad weather?How about Drew coming in for NE and getting the win?

I could go on but we all know the answer..

now, lets focus on the game. ;)

Tired of TV guys bashing FF. They better start realizing we make up a large part of their audience.

There's no sense in trying to justify the AFC Championship losses. They wre all painful.

The Broncos were favorites and led by Elway. The difference between Elway and Kordell was too much to overcome.

Kordell wasn't ready to lead them to the Super Bowl in 2001, and Bellichek took advantage of Roethlisberger being a worn out rookie last year.

Like I said, they were beaten by better teams. No shame in that.
A Steelers fan with a bag full of excuses!2001

BUH BYE RODNEY.

See ya next year.
But they choke every year, incredible isn't it?
Not a Pat fan. Not a Steeler fan. Apparently your team isn't good enough.

BUH BYE RODNEY.

See ya next year.
"See ya next year"?Sounds like you have some deep rooted emotional issues. It's just a game guy. Wishing for season long injuries, and then lying about it shows a serious lack of excellence and emotional honesty. I wish I could say you are the first Steelers fan to act like this, but it has almost become expected from some other Steelers fans as well.
Reading comprehension not a strong point, huh?Did I wish for the injury? No.

Did I celebrate it? Nope.

I don't celebrate injuries, not even ones to guys like Harrison.

There's no sense in trying to justify the AFC Championship losses. They wre all painful.

The Broncos were favorites and led by Elway. The difference between Elway and Kordell was too much to overcome.

Kordell wasn't ready to lead them to the Super Bowl in 2001, and Bellichek took advantage of Roethlisberger being a worn out rookie last year.

Like I said, they were beaten by better teams. No shame in that.

:goodposting: Again, if they had won a SB and hadn't looked silly in many playoff losses, Steeler fans would have every right to talk smack. I guess Steeler fans have a heavy case of short term memory loss since they talk smack but haven't done anything.

Here we are on page two, and there's been exactly zero useful comments on the game. Maybe we can rename this the "Irritating fans of each team yell at each other instead of watching the best game on TV this weekend", and have a real game thread somewhere else. A couple observations:The loss of Harrison hurts a Pats defense that really needed his run support. Bonnie Bernstein just reported he's questionable the rest of the game. Thanks Bill, that tells us nothing. Nice to see Dillon get off to a good start on the first drive, hopefully he carries it through. Pats special teams still having troubles. I wonder if Belichick's background as a special teams coach got him more involved in those meetings over the past few years, and now that he's running both the offense and working on the defensive schemes, he's not able to spend as much time on special teams? The Ward TD was huge, but Pittsburgh's not playing the game I expected - the Pats are leading the time of possession battle 7:50 to 5:50 so far, and counting, despite the same number of possessions. Brady's 7 of 8 and the Pats are 3-4 on third down conversions. That's the gameplan for both teams - run run run and don't let your opponent win time of possession.

There's no sense in trying to justify the AFC Championship losses.  They wre all painful.

The Broncos were favorites and led by Elway.  The difference between Elway and Kordell was too much to overcome.

Like I said, they were beaten by better teams.  No shame in that.

Ummmm... those aren't excuses.Those are reasons the other teams were better.

Remember playing at home vs SD? A CALI team in bad weather?How about Drew coming in for NE and getting the win?

You are now dodging your earlier comment. You asked someone to tell you when the Steelers have won a meaningful game under Cowher. I mentioned the most recent one. You ignored that and start focusing again on the meaningful games they have lost.

Is Troy Brown playing defense??
He will be next week. I read that the coaches have already informed him that he may be called into service to play DEF. As far as today goes, he has yet to make an appearance playing DEF but the Pats were not on DEF that long after Rodney Harrison was hurt

Again, if they had won a SB and hadn't looked silly in many playoff losses, Steeler fans would have every right to talk smack. I guess Steeler fans have a heavy case of short term memory loss since they talk smack but haven't done anything.
OMG, I am not even a Steelers fan, but your posts are becoming more and more moronic. Which losses were silly?

This thread has turned into quite a little playground fight. Meanwhile.......

Here we are on page two, and there's been exactly zero useful comments on the game. Maybe we can rename this the "Irritating fans of each team yell at each other instead of watching the best game on TV this weekend", and have a real game thread somewhere else.

A couple observations:

The loss of Harrison hurts a Pats defense that really needed his run support. Bonnie Bernstein just reported he's questionable the rest of the game. Thanks Bill, that tells us nothing.

Nice to see Dillon get off to a good start on the first drive, hopefully he carries it through.

Pats special teams still having troubles. I wonder if Belichick's background as a special teams coach got him more involved in those meetings over the past few years, and now that he's running both the offense and working on the defensive schemes, he's not able to spend as much time on special teams?

The Ward TD was huge, but Pittsburgh's not playing the game I expected - the Pats are leading the time of possession battle 7:50 to 5:50 so far, and counting, despite the same number of possessions.

Brady's 7 of 8 and the Pats are 3-4 on third down conversions. That's the gameplan for both teams - run run run and don't let your opponent win time of possession.
Thanks, BF. :thumbup:

Again, if they had won a SB and hadn't looked silly in many playoff losses, Steeler fans would have every right to talk smack. I guess Steeler fans have a heavy case of short term memory loss since they talk smack but haven't done anything.
OMG, I am not even a Steelers fan, but your posts are becoming more and more moronic. Which losses were silly?
Don't waste your time GR.J

You are now dodging your earlier comment. You asked someone to tell you when the Steelers have won a meaningful game under Cowher. I mentioned the most recent one. You ignored that and start focusing again on the meaningful games they have lost.
Reread my post then, I said meaningful and when favored. If you call Jets a meaningful "wow" kind of win then I've proved my point.Lets move on to the game, shall we?

Patriots have 19 offensive plays in the first quarter, to 10 by Pittsburgh. Pats lead time of possession 9:10 to 5:50, and are still driving. Big third and 1 conversion by Dillon there, and the Pats are still driving. Troy Brown with a big 19 yard catch across the middle on third down. People forgot how clutch a third down receiver he was after last year's stint on defense took him out of the offensive gameplan. Brady seems to really like to throw to him. I hope the Pats secondary can stay healthy enough that Brown can stay focused on offense because he really helps this passing game.

He will be next week. I read that the coaches have already informed him that he may be called into service to play DEF. As far as today goes, he has yet to make an appearance playing DEF but the Pats were not on DEF that long after Rodney Harrison was hurt
Well, if someone see's him playing defense today, let me know. With Harrison hurt and Starks hurt too (though starks may have returned), might happen.

Here we are on page two, and there's been exactly zero useful comments on the game. Maybe we can rename this the "Irritating fans of each team yell at each other instead of watching the best game on TV this weekend", and have a real game thread somewhere else.

A couple observations:

The loss of Harrison hurts a Pats defense that really needed his run support. Bonnie Bernstein just reported he's questionable the rest of the game. Thanks Bill, that tells us nothing.

Nice to see Dillon get off to a good start on the first drive, hopefully he carries it through.

Pats special teams still having troubles. I wonder if Belichick's background as a special teams coach got him more involved in those meetings over the past few years, and now that he's running both the offense and working on the defensive schemes, he's not able to spend as much time on special teams?

The Ward TD was huge, but Pittsburgh's not playing the game I expected - the Pats are leading the time of possession battle 7:50 to 5:50 so far, and counting, despite the same number of possessions.

Brady's 7 of 8 and the Pats are 3-4 on third down conversions. That's the gameplan for both teams - run run run and don't let your opponent win time of possession.
What Fred said.Keep it on the game that is happeningor get out of the thread.

J

This thread has turned into quite a little playground fight. Meanwhile.......

Here we are on page two, and there's been exactly zero useful comments on the game.  Maybe we can rename this the "Irritating fans of each team yell at each other instead of watching the best game on TV this weekend", and have a real game thread somewhere else. 

A couple observations:

The loss of Harrison hurts a Pats defense that really needed his run support.  Bonnie Bernstein just reported he's questionable the rest of the game.  Thanks Bill, that tells us nothing. 

Pats special teams still having troubles.  I wonder if Belichick's background as a special teams coach got him more involved in those meetings over the past few years, and now that he's running both the offense and working on the defensive schemes, he's not able to spend as much time on special teams? 

Brady's 7 of 8 and the Pats are 3-4 on third down conversions.  That's the gameplan for both teams - run run run and don't let your opponent win time of possession.
Thanks, BF. :thumbup:
No doubt...good stuff BF......It's always a pleasure to have a real fan contributing. Always good stuff from you BF.....not many non homer fans around who can be objective anymore.....instead we get crap like 90% of the posts in here....

Well, if someone see's him playing defense today, let me know. With Harrison hurt and Starks hurt too (though starks may have returned), might happen.
Can someone verify for me that Starks is back in the game??

3 straight carries for Faulk, screen pass, and then a fumble. Where is Dillon?
Dillon had the most carries in his career last year. The Pats want to involve Faulk more so Dillon doesn't get worn down.

Dillon comes out for a breather after converting that 3rd and 1, and the Pats still go with three straight runs, all Kevin Faulk. The Pats now have 9 first downs, and have held the ball for the majority of the game. They rode Faulk's hot hand too long, though, throwing a screen pass to him. He fumbles and the Steelers return it for 27 yards. Huge swing in momentum. Look for the Steelers to try to run it here, and give their defense a rest - it's 83 degrees out, and they're going to be feeling it.

Users who are viewing this thread