What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W6 - Tennessee at Jacksonville (1 Viewer)

Jag homers, serious question: How does Jack Del Rio keep his coaching gig? Year after year of inept teams yet he is still calling plays for them.
That's a question I've asked myself repeatedly. It all comes down to $. The organization can't eat the rest of his contract should he be fired.
The thing I cant figure out is some where along the way he had to have gotten a contract extension. He is in his 7th year as head coach right? How many times have the jags made the playoffs in his 7 years?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jag homers, serious question: How does Jack Del Rio keep his coaching gig? Year after year of inept teams yet he is still calling plays for them.
That's a question I've asked myself repeatedly. It all comes down to $. The organization can't eat the rest of his contract should he be fired.
The thing I cant fingure is some where along the way he had to have gotten a contract extension. He is in his 7th year as head coach right? How many times have the jags made the playoffs in his 7 years?
Following their playoff run in '07, he and Garrard were given extensions based solely on their playoff win vs. the Steelers. It was assumed (falsely) that this was a coach and team on the rise. This, plus horrible drafting, set the franchise back by years.

What a crappy game for stats. Bo Scaife night on MNF...really?

Johnson with 30 total yds, Titans up 17-0 already, Ringer in the game early. Fantastic.

Great, Edwards in now.

I can almost guarantee a turnover here following an undetermined number of checkdowns.

The thing I cant fingure is some where along the way he had to have gotten a contract extension. He is in his 7th year as head coach right? How many times have the jags made the playoffs in his 7 years?
Following their playoff run in '07, he and Garrard were given extensions based solely on their playoff win vs. the Steelers. It was assumed (falsely) that this was a coach and team on the rise. This, plus horrible drafting, set the franchise back by years.
so is he in the last year of his contract then? most contracts are 3 years or so.

so is he in the last year of his contract then? most contracts are 3 years or so.
No. I know, it's crazy.

Wow, imagine that....give Edwards a legitimate NFL offensive line, and he looks like a legitimate NFL QB....hope the Bills front office is taking notes...

lol at the "Captain Checkdown" folks completely ignoring the fact that the Bills can't pass block their way out of a paper bag.

They tried really hard early to argue that Lewis was arguably the best TE in football. Um, woops. A bad drop and fumble later, I'm guessing that won't be the topic in the 2nd half.

Users who are viewing this thread