What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W8 - Philadelphia V Denver (1 Viewer)

Wow. Denver still passing the ball all over the place.
You have to. It is still only the 2nd quarter after all and any team with McNabb and Owens has the capability of exploding out of nowhere.

Wow. Denver still passing the ball all over the place.
You have to. It is still only the 2nd quarter after all and any team with McNabb and Owens has the capability of exploding out of nowhere.
For sure, but Anderson and Bell are doing well too. Would have thought they could eat some clock and still put up the yards.

is this gonna be another kansas city game where the eagles come back? I hope not...
no way... Denver has a MUCH bette D and will not abandon the run like KC did..
Denver's MO has been falling apart late in the game this year. I wouldn't be completely surprised if this game came within 5-6 points.Forget the New England game already?

Last edited by a moderator:
That sucks, but realistically, you cannot expect to shut Philly down for an entire half, so if Denver can go into halftime with a 28-7 lead, then I will be happy. The key to the second half will be Philly's first drive of the second half. The Broncos can't let them carry the momentum of this drive over to that one.

Whats sad is, I started Brunnell over McNabb, and even though McNabb has been rattled up to this point and they've done terrible, he's outscored Brunnell on 1 drive. :(

Thank you Audrey!!!Started McNabb AND LJ. 10 pts right there. I could use a buttload more of those please.I'm betting the Eagles "D" is ready for the halftime rest. And I can only assume Johnson is looking forward for the chance to make some adjustments.

That sucks, but realistically, you cannot expect to shut Philly down for an entire half, so if Denver can go into halftime with a 28-7 lead, then I will be happy.

The key to the second half will be Philly's first drive of the second half. The Broncos can't let them carry the momentum of this drive over to that one.
I just have a FEELING Philly will turn this around starting on that drive. :banned:

That sucks, but realistically, you cannot expect to shut Philly down for an entire half, so if Denver can go into halftime with a 28-7 lead, then I will be happy. 

The key to the second half will be Philly's first drive of the second half.  The Broncos can't let them carry the momentum of this drive over to that one.
I just have a FEELING Philly will turn this around starting on that drive. :banned:
As long as Westbrook doesn't score, and LJ doesnt get another TD, I hope they do...

Last edited by a moderator:

The key to the second half will be Philly's first drive of the second half. The Broncos can't let them carry the momentum of this drive over to that one.
The history is definately there. On both sides.

Plummer has 10 TDs to 0 Ints the last 5 1/2 games. Hopefully he will remain a qb who has seen the light versus a reversal of that ratio to get closer to his average over the back half of the season. I'm liking how he looks this season so far. :thumbup: (Yeah I'm sure I just jinxed it)

Hmmm let me see. When McNabb is on top of his game, everybody loves him. But when he has a bad day, the trash talking never ends. You guys are terribly two faced.
Bad day? Try bad year.
#3 in passing yards per game, #2 in TDs per game, 10th in INTs....Hate to see a good year...
:rolleyes: Not hard to have decent stats through 6 games when you can take advatage of SF and KC's defenses. Lets just wait and see where McNafro finishes. My guess is that ####adelphia will not be pleased with the results.

Yay! I trade for TO this week and look how well he's doing! On top of that, I turned down several offers for Boldin and look what becomes of him! Thanks McNabb for your hard-earned effort.

That's what a good WR can do for you (what Vick needs). Mcnabb has been horrible all day and a WR like TO can run 91 yards to the house for you.

Well ... it happens. Still up 2 TDs. Let's hope the offense still has a few tricks left.
Shanny's letting the Eagles get close so he can keep THROWING the ball instead of pounding MA, thus showing us all what a #######g *genius* he is.(Yes, MA owner)

Well ... it happens. Still up 2 TDs. Let's hope the offense still has a few tricks left.
Shanny's letting the Eagles get close so he can keep THROWING the ball instead of pounding MA, thus showing us all what a #######g *genius* he is.(Yes, MA owner)
To be fair, this isn't Shanahan trying to be a genius, it's him trying to put the opponent down for good.That said, I agree that there were probably a few more opportunities to run, whether it's MA or TB.

I hope this was a joke. If not, you are utterly clueless. Denver's primary goal is to run the ball well! Anyone who has been watching the NFL over the last 10 years knows that.

I should've known: DEN is going to piss this game away. Unbelievable.Nice coverage by the "great" Champ Bailey on Owens btw.

That's what a good WR can do for you (what Vick needs). Mcnabb has been horrible all day and a WR like TO can run 91 yards to the house for you.
LMAO :lmao: What Vick needs is to work on his passing. He's got a cannon, and mobility, but he lacks accuracy and ability to read the defense and find an open WR.

I hope this was a joke. If not, you are utterly clueless. Denver's primary goal is to run the ball well! Anyone who has been watching the NFL over the last 10 years knows that.
Yeah, just a frustrated Anderson owner. Especially since I'm playing the TO owner, who just leapfrogged me with a 15-point play!

LMAO :lmao: What Vick needs is to work on his passing. He's got a cannon, and mobility, but he lacks accuracy and ability to read the defense and find an open WR.
And if he had a good WR, it would be all the much more easier.

Users who are viewing this thread