What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Genrepalooza II: Here's Where the Story Ends (4 Viewers)

KarmaPolice said:
No nominations so far?
Eh?

John Maddens Lunchbox said:
In - would audio comedy tracks/skits of less than 10 minutes fly?

Mister CIA said:
Like this suggestion, a lot.

:BearWhizzBeer:

KarmaPolice said:
I would be open to that.

It's not mandatory, but most of the stuff gears to being available for a spotify playlist.  There is tons of stand up comedy stuff on there.  I was surprised at how many of the video game tracks we found too.
I am actually changing my mind  here. If anyone else wants the category, have at it, amend it, whatever.

New category coming very soon

My official choice of category

Genre: Aussie, Kiwi, Aussie - Australian or New Zealand artist, where the singer(s) MUST have been born down under

Rules out Men at Work, AC/DC, Olivia Newton-John, Bee Gees, Cold Chisel etc

I am happy to adjudicate any entry.

In honor of my locale, let's go

Genre: southern rock, where the band must have been formed, or the solo act born south of the Mason-Dixon line (rules out kid Rock and Nickleback. You can thank me later). 

Artists include Allman brothers, (early) Kings of Leon, black crows, and Bo diddly. 

For reference, here is the Genre list from Genrepalooza I.

Punk/Hardcore
Live Rock Tracks
Billboard Top 10 (2011-now)
Riot Grrl
Power Pop
Glam Rock
Trip Hop/Acid House
Grunge
Psychedelic Rock
Synth Pop
That Old Time Rock n Roll
World Music
Video Game Music
Swing
Squeezebox
Emo
Blue Eyed Soul
Alt-Country
British Invasion 64-67
Broadway Showtunes
Classic Metal through 1982
Progressive Rock
Indie Folk
Ska
Drinking Songs (traditional)
Funk

For me, I am going to go with Acoustic/Unplugged. One of my favorite ways to hear music. I loved the MTV Unplugged shows of the 90s, where you got to see the musicians in close contact with the crowd.

For definition, I'll go to Wiki "music that would usually be played on electrified instruments (such as an electric guitar or synthesizer) but is rendered instead on instruments that can be played without electricity, for example acoustic guitar or traditional piano, although a microphone is still used." In some cases, Electric Bass is used; those will be allowed.

In honor of my locale, let's go

Genre: southern rock, where the band must have been formed, or the solo act born south of the Mason-Dixon line (rules out kid Rock and Nickleback. You can thank me later). 

Artists include Allman brothers, (early) Kings of Leon, black crows, and Bo diddly. 
I might change this to holiday tunes. I mean it is October. 

Unless someone else claims either.

Thanks ected for taking acoustic, that was my 3rd choice.  :thumbup:

Ok, my "category" may be way too loose, and if it is I have a more traditional backup.

Slow Motion Entrance Song.  (could have been used in a movie/TV Show or one you think would make a good slo mo entrance to)

Example:  Kenny Powers is Back
I like this one. I had considered doing something along the lines of baseball walkup or wrestler entrance song, 

ok, I'm in.

so... there are rules?

eta: because... I have no idea wtf is going on here. 

eta 2: and I have a feeling I won't have any idea wtf is going on by the time it's done.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, I'm in.

so... there are rules?

eta: because... I have no idea wtf is going on here. 

eta 2: and I have a feeling I won't have any idea wtf is going on by the time it's done.
At this point, pick a Genre of music/category.

After that, we will give you 4 options from the list of everyone's genres that you have to make 2 picks from. (Don't worry about how the options are determined)

Not sure if it will be pick in any order or pick in specific order.

At this point, pick a Genre of music/category.

After that, we will give you 4 options from the list of everyone's genres that you have to make 2 picks from. (Don't worry about how the options are determined)

Not sure if it will be pick in any order or pick in specific order.
will we each be picking only one genre?

I might change this to holiday tunes. I mean it is October. 

Unless someone else claims either.

Thanks ected for taking acoustic, that was my 3rd choice.  :thumbup:
No thanks.  Really liked the southern rock idea.  And like you, acoustic was on my short list too.

Genre: dream pop / shoegaze

Either/or.  They're related but not the same, obviously (kinda like my trip-hop/acid house genre last time).  I'll be liberal on the interpretations of what fits this genre.

KarmaPolice said:
LINK TO THE ORIGINAL GENREPALOOZA

IN for part 2:

KP

Mr. Ected  - Acoustic/Unplugged

Northern Voice  - 90s Indie/Alternative

Hov34  - Slo-Mo Entrance songs

rockaction  - 90s hip-hop

JML  - Australian or New Zealand born singers

Doug B

Dr. Octopus

dal_boys_phan

El Floppo

OZ  - Southern Rock

ren hoek

AhrnCity

Steve Tasker  - Dream pop/Shoegaze

simey

Bonzai

Ilov80s

The Dreaded Marco

sn0mm1s

Eephus

Abrantes

Waingro

Mister CIA

cosjobs  - pre -80s Baldies
I am updating post 2 as we go...

Genre: dream pop / shoegaze

Either/or.  They're related but not the same, obviously (kinda like my trip-hop/acid house genre last time).  I'll be liberal on the interpretations of what fits this genre.
This was on my short list too. I'll go with the other I was contemplating:

Baroque pop---a lot of great options from the 60's to the present. 

Correct me if I am wrong, but different people can pick the same performer, but the one person can't pick the same artist multiple times.

Users who are viewing this thread