What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Genrepalooza Presents: FG Radio - Tons of Lithium but very little Chill (4 Viewers)

You rang, amiga?
This is harder than I anticipated. I had to walk away from it for a bit. The dog and I took a short walk, because that is all she can handle today. It looks like the lock has been tampered with by someone else. The key part will turn all the way around. I've tried to hold it steady and put tension in there, and then get a clip in there to hit the pins, but I haven't been successful. I'm not gonna mess with it anymore today. Probably.

This is harder than I anticipated. I had to walk away from it for a bit. The dog and I took a short walk, because that is all she can handle today. It looks like the lock has been tampered with by someone else. The key part will turn all the way around. I've tried to hold it steady and put tension in there, and then get a clip in there to hit the pins, but I haven't been successful. I'm not gonna mess with it anymore today. Probably.
There's got to be a country/folk song from the vantage point of your friend's husband on this one. 

Two damn women gone done me good
Knew it when I saw her walking in my neighborhood
Well sure as fire clickin' clocks abhor me
And like a choir picked at locks tell stories

Geez, and during a time when I'm in isolation with nothing to do but watch TV and surf the internet.
Maybe the transition will be much shorter than they think. It is terrible timing in regard to fantasy football content since training camp is in full force, and this is a fantasy football site. 

🥲 <--- fake tear.  Everything will be OK. This thread may transport over to the new one. If not, what a looooong strange trip it's been.
Oh, you know what? I hadn't even meant it to be about the board shutting down. I'm an optimist who believes that the boards will be up and running very soon. 

That's hilarious that it coincided this way. I thought of my post last night before the news. 

That's too funny. 

:lol:

Maybe the transition will be much shorter than they think. It is terrible timing in regard to fantasy football content since training camp is in full force, and this is a fantasy football site. 
I suppose I could use some of my isolation time for fantasy football prep. I've done basically none so far. 

That was my first reaction as well. Then I saw the artists you picked. 
Yeah, that sort of came to me last night. I had a pick ready to go, but I had always wanted to take "Donna" for the name category. Then I thought about "Peggy Sue" and wondered if anybody had picked it yet. Then add the Big Bopper and you've got the memorial. 

Bye bye Miss American pie
Drove my chevy to the levy 
But the levy was dry 
Them good old boys drinking whiskey and rye
Singin' this'll be the day that I die

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished up an 8-hr drive to the Outer Banks.  We go every year with a few other families.  Totally not my scene but everyone else seems to enjoy it. I just end up kayak fishing most days and doing my best to not drink too much at night.  For me, that means more than a one or two.

From my phone, it's tough for me to search the Google sheet, but I didn't see either of these:

Round 607

A. Still D.R.E. - Dr. Dre feat Snoop (Name Game)

B. Joan Jett of Arc - Clem Snide (Name Game)

Pip's Invitation said:
That was my first reaction as well. Then I saw the artists you picked. 
I noticed the artists he picked too, but his theme fit both scenarios, so I picked one.

Just finished up an 8-hr drive to the Outer Banks.  We go every year with a few other families.  Totally not my scene but everyone else seems to enjoy it. I just end up kayak fishing most days and doing my best to not drink too much at night.  For me, that means more than a one or two.
Where are you in the OBX?

Waves/Rodanthe. You're in NC right?
Yeah. I'm not in the OBX, but one of my good friends/former college roommate lives in Kitty Hawk. She is from Nags Head. Rodanthe had a couple of houses fall in the ocean a couple of months ago. I hope we don't have any hurricanes this summer, because it just makes the erosion worse, and drudging to replenish the beaches there only does so much good. It is such a thin strip of island. 50 years from now it might be under water for good. Gotta enjoy it while ya can. I hope you have good time.

Round 608

I saw this band so many times in the 80s. They are from SC, and they played in NC a lot. They played often at 4th of July downtown events, festivals, etc., and were at the Palomino club about every 6 months. Not many original members are left these days, maybe just the lead singer, but when they were in their prime, they were a very talented band.

Take the Highway - The Marshall Tucker Band     (Radio Alpha)

and

Turn Out My Lights - Justin Townes Earle    (Songs that make you cry)    

✌️

Right with you, except I actually thought Son Volt was gonna be better instead of just as good.
When I saw Uncle Tupelo on their final tour (having been turned onto them a few months before when the newsroom I was working in received a copy of Anodyne), I was convinced Jay Farrar was going to be a star, and that Jeff Tweedy guy seemed pretty good, too, but not on the same level. 

When will we get rolling again? I feel all giddy.

I guess when everybody checks in and says hello and catches up. Then might be a good time to take care of some substantive/administrative stuff. Nothing major, mind you. But really, whenever. Just want to give people some time. We can probably start Wednesday or something like that.

Anything is cool by me.

When will we get rolling again? I feel all giddy.

I guess when everybody checks in and says hello and catches up. Then might be a good time to take care of some substantive/administrative stuff. Nothing major, mind you. But really, whenever. Just want to give people some time. We can probably start Wednesday or something like that.

Anything is cool by me.
Are you the one who was doint the football stuff? I can't remember.

Users who are viewing this thread